PDA

View Full Version : More Carlisle Quotes from last nights' loss to the Nets

Pooh
12-28-2003, 09:13 AM
"As the coach of this team, I'll go down with the guys that play the right way and with a pure heart," he said. "Anything less than that is jeopardizing what Indiana basketball is about. And I've been here before, lived here long. I know how the people in this state and this city feel about this game.

"And to watch one guy, and sometimes it's two, but in tonight's case it was one guy, compromise what this game is about was gut-wrenching. It made me sick to my stomach."

Carlisle closed with the following:

"We got some guys here who just don't get it, and if we don't win a game, it's my job to make sure they do. And if they don't, their (butt) will be nailed to the bench. Where they belong. And that's a promise."

Artest, who was suspended for 12 games last season, has remained free of controversy since the start of the regular season. But he was greatly frustrated by Friday's loss at Milwaukee and appeared to be in a different frame of mind Saturday.

Teammates said he wasn't attentive during the pregame walkthrough. He spent most of his pre-game period in the locker room in the players' lounge with music blaring, and wasn't his usual self during the game, either.

Carlisle yanked him after he fired the early 3-pointers. Artest returned with 8:36 left in the second period, but gave up consecutive dunks to Kenyon Martin. He stayed in the game and hit a 3-pointer with 1:09 left, but stared at the bench afterward and appeared to subtly make an obscene gesture in front of his stomach.