PDA

View Full Version : Great win last night over Portland

Beaverfuzz
02-02-2006, 12:03 PM
Was at the game behind the Blazer bench and saw a better game than the one I saw last year where Portland shot about 55% and beat the Spurs.

Refs weren't calling anything related to rebounding/blocking/pushing/shoving in the 1st half, Duncan was thrown off his game as a result. Sean Marks must have had a career night it seemed, Blazer fans seemed to chuckle when I yelled out "Please, get the ball out of his hands!" as he was dribbling up the court in the 2nd half.

Portland had many chances to win this game, Randolph should be their go-to-guy and yet they seemed to take the ball away from him once he got hot down the stretch. Steve Blake had two wide open shots that he passed up in the closing seconds that could have made the game even more interesting.

Spurs basically toyed with Portland, giving Marks and Beno plenty of 3rd/4th quarter minutes, but I totally understood why (long road trip yet again).

Saw about 50 Spurs fans in attendence, that's about 48 more than the 1989-1990 playoff series.

SoCalSpursFan
02-02-2006, 12:11 PM
Good to hear. I had class so I wasn't able to watch the game, but its good to know they played well, I didn't get that image from the box score and what not.

Only 50 spurs fans in attendance? Hopefully half the crowd jumped on our bandwagon after the game, there is ALWAYS room, I have been telling my Laker fan friends that for years. :spin

TheTruth
02-02-2006, 12:42 PM
were you the dude wearing the jersey?

Rynospursfan
02-02-2006, 01:38 PM
I was at the game as well. I thought there were quite a few Spurs fans there. I was also at games 5 and 7 durring that 89-90 playoff series. Did you by any chance hear when they piped in the booing sound over the P/A system in the first half when Nazr was fouled? That was insane!

Beaverfuzz
02-02-2006, 01:49 PM
were you the dude wearing the jersey?

No jersey, just the Spurs hat. My wife also had her Spurs hat on (she's a bandwagon jumper).

Portland does a lot of piping in sound these days...I think the crowd did get a little loud when the Blazers made a little run to either tie or down by 1-2 at the end. But it's still nowhere near what it was when Clyde, Jerome, Terry, Buck, and Duck were on the floor. My parents had season tickets from 1971 (2nd year of existence) to I believe 1998. I grew up with them all, even was a little 3 year old when the Blazers won it all in 1977.

Terry got a nice ovation when they showed him on the video screens, he did wave to the fans. Clyde, Jerome, Terry, and Buck are considered God-like still around here.

bdubya
02-02-2006, 03:25 PM
I caught most of the 4th; nice lockdown for the win. Portland looked pretty dangerous until they couldn't buy a clean look...

nkdlunch
02-02-2006, 03:28 PM
a win over portland is never great.

Beaverfuzz
02-02-2006, 04:38 PM
a win over portland is never great.

I'm sure the 1989-1990 team would disagree with you.

Mr. Body
02-02-2006, 05:16 PM
No jersey, just the Spurs hat. My wife also had her Spurs hat on (she's a bandwagon jumper).

Portland does a lot of piping in sound these days...I think the crowd did get a little loud when the Blazers made a little run to either tie or down by 1-2 at the end. But it's still nowhere near what it was when Clyde, Jerome, Terry, Buck, and Duck were on the floor. My parents had season tickets from 1971 (2nd year of existence) to I believe 1998. I grew up with them all, even was a little 3 year old when the Blazers won it all in 1977.

Terry got a nice ovation when they showed him on the video screens, he did wave to the fans. Clyde, Jerome, Terry, and Buck are considered God-like still around here.

But not Duckworth? :lol

I always thought if they had another center, those Blazers would have won another championship.

Beaverfuzz
02-02-2006, 05:31 PM
But not Duckworth? :lol

I always thought if they had another center, those Blazers would have won another championship.

They did have another center, he just didn't want to come over from Russia. Sabonis was the man way back when, his NBA career was pretty much forgettable.