PDA

View Full Version : Any word on Oberto?

Beaverfuzz
02-02-2006, 02:09 PM
Looked like he either knocked knees with someone else or blew it out. Walked under his own power off the court (limping of course) and never returned. Any word from San Antonio papers/media?

He definitely needs to get into better shape, he was huffing and puffing up and down the court.

Solid D
02-02-2006, 02:16 PM
I don't know today's news but the TV replays showed he stepped on Zach Randolph's foot as Zach was running past. Oberto's ankle rolled. It appeared to be an ankle sprain.

Oberto didn't do very well in his minutes prior to the injury. He had no lift and got a severe Spalding-Burger on one layup attempt. He's had some good games recently, but he should delete this game from his DVR.

vanvannen
02-02-2006, 02:30 PM
I don't know today's news but the TV replays showed he stepped on Zach Randolph's foot as Zach was running past. Oberto's ankle rolled. It appeared to be an ankle sprain.

Oberto didn't do very well in his minutes prior to the injury. He had no lift and got a severe Spalding-Burger on one layup attempt. He's had some good games recently, but he should delete this game from his DVR.

My thoughts exactly. I was like "What the hell!". Terrible 3 1/2 minutes by Fabricio. Hope he can bounce back.

sa_butta
02-02-2006, 06:46 PM
anyone heard anything yet, is he going to play tonight?

timvp
02-02-2006, 06:53 PM
I'm guessing he's out a couple weeks. He got hurt in preseason in a similar manner and was out about two weeks, IIRC. He turned it over pretty good last night.

Peter
02-02-2006, 06:54 PM
Shame. He's looked more comfortable as of late.

Brutalis
02-02-2006, 08:15 PM
Manu, Duncan, Manu, Horry, NVE, Oberto.... who's next?

Kori Ellis
02-02-2006, 08:18 PM
Manu, Duncan, Manu, Horry, NVE, Oberto.... who's next?

Barry and Finley were also hurt early in the year.

And Marks has been hurt.

Brutalis
02-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Oh shutup. :(

T Park
02-02-2006, 09:13 PM
Typical of the way the season has gone.

A guy starts getting comfortable, and playing well and BAM, hurt.

Hopefully Nazr and Marks keep it up.

Spurs front court is short handed :(