PDA

View Full Version : Dwyane Wade is sick

ShoogarBear
02-02-2006, 10:18 PM
That dribble around his defender baseline and lob to Shaq. Yeah, it's garbage time, but still.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
02-02-2006, 10:21 PM
WTF is Shaq still doing in the game?

timvp
LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony and Chris Bosh in the same draft class? That might be regarded the best ever one day.

TDMVPDPOY
wats more annoyin is they are statpaddin in garbage time

02-02-2006, 10:22 PM
LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony and Chris Bosh in the same draft class? That might be regarded the best ever one day.

What, no Darko?

:lol

ShoogarBear
02-02-2006, 10:25 PM
What, no Darko?
One of these things is not like the others . . .

missmyzte
02-02-2006, 10:26 PM
Here's a summary of the string of plays that just happened:

It all starts with an alley-oop from Jason Williams to Dwayne Wade, Wade catches it and does a reverse dunk in one beautiful motion. A couple possessions later, Shaq is wrapped up, a foul is called so he kinda tosses it up behind him and over his head --- it goes in!

Shaq, of course, misses the FT.

Cavs miss a shot, Antoine Walker (a.k.a. Mr. Horry - yeah right) shoots an airball.

Cavs miss another shot, Wade misses a shot then Walker misses a put-back slam dunk.

Fastbreak back to the Cavs basket, Wade volleyball-blocks a shot. It's saved by GP who throws it downcourt to Shaq for an open SLAM dunk.

Cavs miss another shot but get the offensive rebound, Wade is dribbling, gets caught on the sideline so he dribbles AROUND one of the Cavs players (can't pronounce his name) and then throws it up for an alley-oop to Shaq. Shaq was fouled on the play so it's an And1.

That was an amazing run. Cleveland should be seriously embarrassed, in case they weren't already.

101A
02-02-2006, 10:27 PM

Dream, MJ, Barkley & Stockton - '84; gonna be tough to top.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-02-2006, 10:28 PM
wats more annoyin is they are statpaddin in garbage time

Losing in your fantasy league?

timvp
02-02-2006, 10:29 PM
If Shaq and Kobe were still on the Lakers, they'd probably make the WCF.

Thank you Los Angeles for breaking up that combo.

:)

ABDENOUR POWER
02-02-2006, 10:32 PM

You forgot Darko. :spin

Guru of Nothing
02-02-2006, 10:33 PM

That's pretty generous. I'm sure there are at least two more draft classes that are better (maybe 4).

Is Carmelo that good? I have not paid attention.

DieMrBond
02-02-2006, 10:33 PM
Its almost impossible to rank any draft higher than the 84 one - with 2 of the top 1-10 players of all time in Hakeem + MJ, one of the top 4 pf's of all time in barkley, and one of the top 3 pg's of all time in Stockton.

Although, the 96 draft with Allen Iverson, Marcus Camby, Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Stephon Marbury, Ray Allen, Antoine Walker, Kobe Bryant, is pretty impressive all around.

Horry For 3!
02-02-2006, 10:34 PM
Yup. 1984's draft is rated the best draft class ever.

ShoogarBear
02-02-2006, 10:37 PM
It all starts with an alley-oop from Jason Williams to Dwayne Wade, Wade catches it and does a reverse dunk in one beautiful motion. Actually I would disagree with the "one beautiful motion". What he did was even more amazing: He got the ball, sort of brought it down as if he wanted to check out Stern's signature and get the grip right, then still had the lift to bring the ball back up and over his head.

Guru of Nothing
02-02-2006, 10:40 PM
I'd like to throw a little salt on the Denver Nugget draft wound - sure, they got Carmelo, but they passed on Amare Stoudemire and Dywane Wade in back to back years.

OUCH!

missmyzte
02-02-2006, 10:46 PM
Actually I would disagree with the "one beautiful motion". What he did was even more amazing: He got the ball, sort of brought it down as if he wanted to check out Stern's signature and get the grip right, then still had the lift to bring the ball back up and over his head.
:lol You're right, he did bring it down and bobble it a bit then still managed it get up over his head and in, that was a high-fly act.

ShoogarBear
02-02-2006, 11:08 PM
I'd like to throw a little salt on the Denver Nugget draft wound - sure, they got Carmelo, but they passed on Amare Stoudemire and Dywane Wade in back to back years.

OUCH!Cripes. Amare and Wade? They would have been set for the next ten years.

FreshPrince22
02-02-2006, 11:09 PM
One of these things is not like the others . . .

Yep, one went to a championship team. The other 4 went to garbage teams and were handed minutes. Obviously Wade is better than even Darko's pre-draft hype, but I don't know anyone who predicted that. The draft is a crapshoot when there aren't guys like Duncan/Shaq/Lebron in there.

I still think Darko would have been a great player if he were handed big minutes on a bad team. He just has this mental hurdle about busting ass when he knows that the big-time minutes won't be there no matter how hard he works.

ShoogarBear
02-02-2006, 11:26 PM
Yep, one went to a championship team. The other 4 went to garbage teams and were handed minutes.Oh, gosh, you're right. Minutes are what separates Darko from those others. :lmao

FreshPrince22
02-03-2006, 12:02 AM
Oh, gosh, you're right. Minutes are what separates Darko from those others. :lmao
Sorry, but, unless you're Miss Cleo, you have no idea what would have happend if Darko was handed big minutes from day 1 like those other players. His problems are all mental, and it's all about confidence. It's hard to have confidence after Larry has beaten you down for 2 years. Look at what's going on in NY right now.

And way to only quote one sentance there buddy :rolleyes

Phenomanul
02-03-2006, 09:30 AM

Best swingman ever..(so far)
A top 5 all-time center
A top 5 all-time power forward
A top 3 all-time point guard

02-03-2006, 09:33 AM
I'm surprised DWade has been so good. If I remember correctly, he was injured a lot in college...

ObiwanGinobili
02-03-2006, 10:55 AM
I came in here thinking he had the stomach flu or something.

leemajors
02-03-2006, 11:25 AM
wade's dribble around dude was good, but i thought ginobili dribbling between gasol's legs was more impressive... tho wade lobbing it to shaq for a slam was nice.

boutons_
02-03-2006, 11:45 AM
Heat were flowing last night. Miami Showtime.

But much more often, they really suck. Cavs suck on the road.

I guess Heat will come together better, but really not enough support for wade and shaq.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-03-2006, 11:48 AM
Heat were flowing last night. Miami Showtime.

But much more often, they really suck. Cavs suck on the road.

I guess Heat will come together better, but really not enough support for wade and shaq.

We'll find out for sure. The Heat have a decent stretch of the season coming up.

@ NJ
Boston
@ Dallas (next Thursday, TNT)
Detroit
Orlando

waly.mg
02-03-2006, 11:55 AM

But Darko Milicic with number 2 in the same draft, makes pieces the class

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-03-2006, 11:57 AM
I saw that Wade play last night. I almost expected someone from TNT's broadcast crew to break out a handheld mic and run around on the court yelling, "Oh baby!" over and over again.

ShoogarBear
02-03-2006, 12:04 PM
Sorry, but, unless you're Miss Cleo, you have no idea what would have happend if Darko was handed big minutes from day 1 like those other players. His problems are all mental, and it's all about confidence. It's hard to have confidence after Larry has beaten you down for 2 years. Look at what's going on in NY right now.

LeBron = Darko + minutes

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Keep digging.

MI21
02-03-2006, 12:34 PM
Wade has the best dribble moves in the NBA.

One move he did against Toronto I think it was, made Top 10 on the NBA Action countdown (should of been #1) and it was amazing. Impossible to explain and something I've never seen done on an NBA court.

ALVAREZ6
02-03-2006, 04:30 PM
That wasn't sick, the defender was just like fuck it, he wasn't even trying...

ShoogarBear
02-03-2006, 04:51 PM
That wasn't sick, the defender was just like fuck it, he wasn't even trying...

?? He had him cut off almost perfectly and was trying to draw the offensive foul. Why should he try to stop someone from dribbling the ball between him and the baseline?

cheguevara
02-03-2006, 05:11 PM
?? He had him cut off almost perfectly and was trying to draw the offensive foul. Why should he try to stop someone from dribbling the ball between him and the baseline?

It's elementary basketball. if someone is trying to squeze the ball between you and the sideline, it's your job to send that ball out of bounds. That defender should not even be allowed near an NBA court.

ALVAREZ6
02-03-2006, 05:14 PM
Well what was so impressive about the lob???

Is it that hard to lob a pass to Shaq???? You can throw anything up for Shaq and he will finish it, there's a lot of room for error.

Trainwreck2100
02-03-2006, 05:30 PM
I'm surprised DWade has been so good. If I remember correctly, he was injured a lot in college...

Haven't you seen the commercial, he fell alot.

ambchang
02-04-2006, 01:45 AM

Even though I am quite sure Larry Brown has destroyed Darko's confidence some what, but Darko, no matter how many minutes were given to him, would not have been as successful as the other four.
One part of the game is mental toughness, and if he gets down on himself after a particularly tough coach, then he's not going to make it big like the others regardless of the situation.
David Robinson was grilled daily by Larry Brown see how his career turned out, so did Sean Elliott, not great, but still a strong player. He absolutely detested Jalen Rose as a rookie, and yet Rose had his moments when he was given a chance, same for Larry Hughes. I am not saying these players are as strong as LeBron, Melo, Bosh and Wade, but these are some All-star level talent after they were mentally tortured by Brown during their rookie years. Now, it's still early to call Darko a total bust, but Flip did give him a chance early on the season, and he delivered an egg.

Manudona
02-04-2006, 04:19 AM
I agree with Alvarez and the other guy, that play was not sick, was just luck. I am sure Wade tried to hit the guy with the ball, he missed just as when he shoots for 3, you see He stops for a second before He realizes the ball was still on the court and grabbed it. Nothing impressive, it was not premeditated at all, just some reflex and a lot of Wade homerism :smokin

Dre_7
02-04-2006, 05:04 AM
I'm surprised DWade has been so good.

Dude, Wade went to a school in Wisconsin, 'course he is gonna be good!!

ObiwanGinobili
02-04-2006, 08:10 AM
testing

ObiwanGinobili
02-04-2006, 08:11 AM
it's as I thought . post #41 is unviewable.

ShoogarBear
02-04-2006, 08:17 AM
I agree with Alvarez and the other guy, that play was not sick, was just luck. I am sure Wade tried to hit the guy with the ball, he missed just as when he shoots for 3, you see He stops for a second before He realizes the ball was still on the court and grabbed it. Nothing impressive, it was not premeditated at all, just some reflex and a lot of Wade homerism :smokinYeah, right, whatever guys. Not surprising that the Manu squad doesn't want to give credit to another player. If your patron saint had made that play it would be all you'd talk about for the next millenium.

1Parker1
02-04-2006, 03:07 PM
it's as I thought . post #41 is unviewable.

Maybe it's that cowboy_me_kerr's post. Because I can't view any of his posts either, even though it says he was the last person to post in it. Probably on everyone's Ignore list. :)

Obstructed_View
02-04-2006, 04:13 PM
Yeah, right, whatever guys. Not surprising that the Manu squad doesn't want to give credit to another player. If your patron saint had made that play it would be all you'd talk about for the next millenium.
Actually I'm shocked that the Manu fan crowd wouldn't appreciate what Wade does. Wade is the black Manu. Wade is awesome. He also double dribbles about 20 times a game. "Special Emphasis", my ass.

mavsfan1000
02-04-2006, 04:21 PM
Wade is sick alright. Sick of losing. :lol

Manudona
02-05-2006, 03:35 AM
Actually I'm shocked that the Manu fan crowd wouldn't appreciate what Wade does. Wade is the black Manu. Wade is awesome. He also double dribbles about 20 times a game. "Special Emphasis", my ass.

Who said anything about not appreciating Wade's game? Just because I believe that the play that started the trhread was luck does not mean I do not appreciate Wade's game. Although the appreciation is going quickly downwards, eventhough Wade was one of my favourite players last season

mavsfan1000
02-05-2006, 03:38 AM
Wade's game depended a ton on Eddie Jones and Damon Dones hitting 3's along with Haslem's jumpers. This years team is not close to last years team in this category. Teams are packing it in on Wade proving that Wade was a benefit of circumstance last year and therefore is greatly overrated.

Obstructed_View
02-06-2006, 12:19 AM
Who said anything about not appreciating Wade's game? Just because I believe that the play that started the trhread was luck does not mean I do not appreciate Wade's game. Although the appreciation is going quickly downwards, eventhough Wade was one of my favourite players last season
You're so full of shit.

Obstructed_View
02-06-2006, 12:21 AM
Wade's game depended a ton on Eddie Jones and Damon Dones hitting 3's along with Haslem's jumpers. This years team is not close to last years team in this category. Teams are packing it in on Wade proving that Wade was a benefit of circumstance last year and therefore is greatly overrated.
He's improved in every statistical category and his turnovers and fouls are down in spite of teams zeroing in on him. You are a complete fucking dumbass, and if you ever said anything remotely smart I'd suspect your dog of stealing your password.

mavsfan1000
02-06-2006, 12:32 AM
He's improved in every statistical category and his turnovers and fouls are down in spite of teams zeroing in on him. You are a complete fucking dumbass, and if you ever said anything remotely smart I'd suspect your dog of stealing your password.
Yes Wade has taken a bigger role on the team. Since people aren't hitting shots he has to do it all on his own. He still can't hit perimeter shots or play defense. Also Shaq was out for many games. Since Kobe is scoring more points this year doesn't make him better than when he was with Shaq.

Obstructed_View
02-06-2006, 01:19 AM
Yes Wade has taken a bigger role on the team. Since people aren't hitting shots he has to do it all on his own. He still can't hit perimeter shots or play defense. Also Shaq was out for many games. Since Kobe is scoring more points this year doesn't make him better than when he was with Shaq.
That makes no sense.

Shaq has missed 18 games but they are only five games worse than they were at this point last year. Wade has taken a bigger role on the team, his teammates aren't as good as they were before and his dominant center has missed half the games yet he's even better and more efficient than he was and that's a bad thing to you?

As for the rest of your post, Wade can hit ouside shots. He's smart enough to limit his threes which makes him a more effective shooter. Many NBA players should be so smart not to take shots outside their range. Ask Tony Parker how that's helped his game.

As for defense, Wade is fourth in the league in steals. He's also averages nearly a block a game.

I don't want to make it sound like I'm a fan of his because I've been on here calling him overrated. He cries to the refs more than fucking Carmelo and he gets more superstar calls than any third year player I ever remember. He carries the ball every time he dribbles and he's ranked WAY too high by most people on their best in the NBA list. That said, he keeps getting it done, even without Shaq, which I didn't think he'd be able to do. He makes hustle plays and his basketball IQ remind me of Manu and make him fun to watch as a result. I thought it was bad form to clown on a team that was down so badly, but your Mavericks love to do that to teams. I'm surprised you didn't appreciate it more. :)

mavsfan1000
02-06-2006, 01:41 AM
Well I have to admit I hate the heat and am enjoying their losing. Ok Wade is a good player but not a superstar. Shaq has helped the team alot when he was in. Without Shaq the heat are a .500 team. Being good in steals does not make you a good defender. Look at Larry Hughes for an example. He is undersized at the 2 so teams have taken advantage of that. Wade needs to develop an outside shot to be a superstar imo. This will make it so much easier for the heat to run their offense without Wade always having to have the ball.

Manudona
02-06-2006, 01:50 AM
You're so full of shit.

Me? Nope, is the shit in your brain that is blocking your eyes already. Spare me the one liners and at least try to tell your point of view, if you are capable of it.

Obstructed_View
02-06-2006, 01:58 AM
Well I have to admit I hate the heat and am enjoying their losing. Ok Wade is a good player but not a superstar. Shaq has helped the team alot when he was in. Without Shaq the heat are a .500 team. Being good in steals does not make you a good defender. Look at Larry Hughes for an example. He is undersized at the 2 so teams have taken advantage of that. Wade needs to develop an outside shot to be a superstar imo. This will make it so much easier for the heat to run their offense without Wade always having to have the ball.
I don't mind seeing the Heat lose either. I think his ability to still do well with terrible teammates and no Shaq speaks well for him. Even though I don't like him, it's hard not to give him credit for the things he actually does. As far as him having the ball, if I'm the Heat I'd rather have Wade with the ball instead of Williams.

I agree that having lots of steals does not necessarily make you a good defender, and stats don't tell the whole story, but you said "Wade can't play defense", which is just wrong. Let's just ignore the steals stat. Wade gets a ton of blocks for someone his size, which usually means that he's either a good help defender or a good individual defender. That's defense. He plays it. Period.

Obstructed_View
02-06-2006, 02:03 AM
Me? Nope, is the shit in your brain that is blocking your eyes already. Spare me the one liners and at least try to tell your point of view, if you are capable of it.
I'm not the one bashing the guy and lying about being objective. "He was one of my favorite players last year but now I don't give him credit for anything". Just man up and say you don't like him. If you had come in and said "I hate Dwayne Wade, he's an asshole" you'd deserve some respect for that.

mavsfan1000
02-06-2006, 02:04 AM
Well if he is such a good defender than why isn't miami a good defensive team? The last 2 years Miami's had good defensive players such as Eddie Jones, Alonzo Mourning, James Posey, and Udanis Haslem. You would think they would be good at defense. Who is to blame for defensive lapses?

Obstructed_View
02-06-2006, 02:11 AM
Well if he is such a good defender than why isn't miami a good defensive team? The last 2 years Miami's had good defensive players such as Eddie Jones, Alonzo Mourning, James Posey, and Udanis Haslem. You would think they would be good at defense. Who is to blame for defensive lapses?
Wade's a better defender than Eddie Jones or James Posey, and you had Antoine Walker on your team. What do you think?

I forgot, you think the MAVERICKS are a good defensive team. You've also said how good a defender you think Dirk Nowitzki is. Why am I even talking to you?

mavsfan1000
02-06-2006, 02:19 AM
Wade's a better defender than Eddie Jones or James Posey, and you had Antoine Walker on your team. What do you think?

I forgot, you think the MAVERICKS are a good defensive team. You've also said how good a defender you think Dirk Nowitzki is. Why am I even talking to you?

Dude keep this quote instead of writing things I didn't say say. Statistically the mavs are 9th in the nba on defense. I never saod Dirk was a good defender but no longer a defensive liability. In the last 10 games the mavs have allowed 88.5 points per game which is 4th in the nba. Everytime the heat play another team they put James Posey on the other teams best SG/SF. Wade has the athletic ability to be a great defender but tends to be lazy or not a big priority since he has to carry the offense. Right now Posey>Wade on defense.

Obstructed_View
02-06-2006, 02:25 AM
So statistically the Mavs are good on defense, so they are good on defense. Statistically Dwayne Wade is good on defense, but because Larry Hughes is bad at defense and the Heat are bad at defense and guys that aren't on the Heat anymore are good on defense Wade must be bad at defense, despite the Stats that you arrange to make it look like the Mavericks are a good defensive team. I don't know how to discuss this with you.

mavsfan1000
02-06-2006, 02:53 AM
In other words you have no way of a decent argument to combat mine. Just say you just got owned and we'll go to another topic. :lol

Manudona
02-06-2006, 03:40 AM
I'm not the one bashing the guy and lying about being objective. "He was one of my favorite players last year but now I don't give him credit for anything". Just man up and say you don't like him. If you had come in and said "I hate Dwayne Wade, he's an asshole" you'd deserve some respect for that.

Bashing a guy? Are you kidding me? You think that because I made a joke for his 3 points shooting skills that is bashing? I just said that the play that originated this thread was not a great premeditated play but just a lucky play, where he tried to hit with the ball the other player to make it out of bounds and missed, he even stopped for a second before realizing the ball was still in the court and proceeded with the play. I posted some other day why Dwade is not anymore one of my favourite players not long ago, and it has nothing to do with his skills either. But, why bother talking to you, you will read whatever you want to believe I am saying. :pctoss

Obstructed_View
02-07-2006, 01:42 AM
In other words you have no way of a decent argument to combat mine. Just say you just got owned and we'll go to another topic. :lol
Actually in other words you are completely stupid and aren't worth arguing with. If you had a clone the two of you would make up an entire wit.

mavsfan1000
02-07-2006, 01:48 AM
Actually in other words you are completely stupid and aren't worth arguing with. If you had a clone the two of you would make up an entire wit.
You don't ever have any good points. You just like bashing people. Sorry I'm not a spurs fan and I don't think like you do on many things. Since you have nothing else to say than there's no point in responding to this topic anymore. I'll just wait for your next fuck up and show you the light. :lol