PDA

View Full Version : Pacers sound off after bitter loss.

Pooh
12-21-2003, 11:10 PM
Well before some of the moronic Spurs fans sound off on this, better for me to post it and put something that makes sense on the matter.

Here are some quotes from the Pacers after last nights spanking by the T-Wolves.

"We weren't up to it," Pacers coach Rick Carlisle said. "When that happens, you're going to get some lopsided scores. We've obviously got a lot of work to do and not a whole lot of time to do it."

The Pacers were stagnant much of the first half against Minnesota's matchup zone as they dropped the ball into the low post, usually to O'Neal and Ron Artest.

Artest, for one, grew tired of the strategy. After drawing a foul on a post-up move with 2:42 left, when the Pacers trailed 45-24, he glared at the bench.

"Stop that bullshit!" he shouted. "Stop throwing the ball in the post!"

After hitting his first free throw, he repeated the "suggestion."

Artest, who hit 2-of-11 shots, didn't back down afterward.

"This style we're playing is so boring," he said. "It's hard for us to play those (Western) teams when we can't go back at them the way they come at us. Especially when our shots aren't falling.

"We're in first place in the East, but it's not real fun playing this style of basketball. At least not for me. I don't like playing the style we're playing."

Carlisle, speaking before Artest's remarks, only promised to look for ways to improve.

"We'll look at some films and get to the bottom of (the problems)," he said.

O'Neal offered no complaints about the system, citing poor shooting for most of the offensive woes.

"We're getting good shots," he said. "It's mind-boggling. We can't make shots we normally make. We're due for a game where we throw it in from all angles. It's a tough time for us right now."

"(Friday) was a big game from a physical and emotional standpoint, but that's no excuse," Croshere said. "We didn't do the things a first-place team is supposed to do."

I think had this been last years' squad and Isiah at the helm, I would say we were in deep trouble, but I know that Carlisle will look at the film, and make some adjustments. Keep in mind this stradegy works with the East, once they get a solid point guard and a month of gelling together, we'll be fine.

I can see their frustration, this month we should have only lost two games. The other four were just collapses and total lack of focus.