PDA

View Full Version : spurs need to trade for troy murphy

ducks
02-03-2006, 07:36 AM
Now

TDMVPDPOY
02-03-2006, 07:41 AM
His good but didnt he just sign a max contract or extention? we dont have the pieces to get him man.

exstatic
02-03-2006, 08:22 AM
We need to trade for one healthy right foot for TD.

Solid D
02-03-2006, 09:49 AM
It looked like Mario Elie got ahold of him and taught him how to D-up tough and defend Tim. That's the best Troy has defended the post, in my recollection.

sa_butta
02-03-2006, 09:54 AM
We need to trade for one healthy right foot for TD.What would we have to give up? And who's foot would you take?

MI21
02-03-2006, 10:36 AM
Murphy is very solid. Every time I see him play, he is a matchup nightmare for the oppsition. Posting up smaller players and taking bigger players out on the floor. He does shoot the jumpshot too much, evidenced by his 3pt shooting numbers being to high for a bigman, but he is a very good player.

nkdlunch
02-03-2006, 10:37 AM
hell no. he ran out of gas by the 4th

Peter
02-03-2006, 10:53 AM
He has the offensive skills you'd want in a big playing opposite TD. His D has improved, but he's not a shotblocker. Then again, neither is Horry.

TDMVPDPOY
02-03-2006, 11:05 AM
he only shows up when playin against td, no thanks, we need a guy who shows up constantly and doesnt pull a david copperfield act and dissappear in games

Solid D
02-03-2006, 11:11 AM
Troy has a big base/trunk to hold strong on post-ups. He looks much stronger than last season in that respect. He's a top-10 rebounder although most are defensive rebounds since he tends to play out on the floor on offense.

He travels as much as Tony Parker does after initial pivot foot is established.

I was impressed with Biedrins' effort and length, by the way.

Peter
02-03-2006, 11:13 AM
he only shows up when playin against td, no thanks, we need a guy who shows up constantly and doesnt pull a david copperfield act and dissappear in games

You mean like Rasho?

Que Gee
02-03-2006, 11:15 AM

Thats not true...when he's healthy he's one of their most consistent players and is close to a double double guy....

Que Gee
02-03-2006, 11:17 AM
I was impressed with Biedrins' effort and length, by the way.

I was to. That was the first time I've seen him play for an extended amount of time...he's athletic and has really long arms. I think he's going to turn into a solid player for them.

I think Monta Ellis, the high schooler is going to be solid to...He's been avg double digits that last few games...he's quick in defense and seems to have a solid jump shot for someone straight out of high school.

smeagol
02-03-2006, 11:26 AM
I was checking HoopsHype and we could trade our two Slovenians for Troy. Now, why would GS agree to that, I'm not really sure.

On a sidenote, I was not aware Michael signed for three years.

leemajors
02-03-2006, 11:35 AM
You mean like Rasho?

i didn't see nazr show up last night either.

FromWayDowntown
02-03-2006, 11:53 AM
If you're going to try to get Murphy away from Golden State, why not see if Miami will give up that Wade fellow for some of our bad contracts?

I'd think that Troy Murphy is pretty much untouchable unless Golden State gets a legitimate all-star, and even then, I'd imagine that Mullin would think long and hard about it. They're a defensive stopper (and probably a new head coach) away from being a bitch of a matchup.

waly.mg
02-03-2006, 12:03 PM
Murphy can be a good choice, because i donīt want now a Center

Is better a Athletic PF who can play with TD in the Clutch, someone like a Younger Horry

FromWayDowntown
02-03-2006, 12:09 PM
I think the Spurs still need someone who will consistently box out and rebound, but that may just be me. If this team wheezes out, offensive rebounds and second-chance points will ultimately be the reason for that downfall.

While Murphy would fit that bill, he strikes me as redundant in the near term, since his skill set is pretty much the same as Tim Duncan's, only not as good or consistent or battle-tested, with all things being equal.

Peter
02-03-2006, 12:19 PM
If you're going to try to get Murphy away from Golden State, why not see if Miami will give up that Wade fellow for some of our bad contracts?

I'd think that Troy Murphy is pretty much untouchable unless Golden State gets a legitimate all-star, and even then, I'd imagine that Mullin would think long and hard about it. They're a defensive stopper (and probably a new head coach) away from being a bitch of a matchup.

Bad trades do happen in the NBA.

DDS4
02-03-2006, 01:15 PM
Troy would actually be a good fit for the Spurs. He has good range and just developed range beyond the 3 point line this year.

IMO, he's horrible fit for the Warriors. They're desparate for a low post presence, and he doesn't give that. He's not a back to the basket type of guy.

SoCalSpursFan
02-03-2006, 01:21 PM
Sure he might be a good addition, but there no way we would be able to aquire him, so why worry.

ducks
02-25-2006, 10:04 PM
Spurs Need To Get Him
He Does A Number On Duncan

Gummi
02-25-2006, 11:35 PM
No thanks. He just signed a multi-year contract worth alot. But he seems to play pretty well against the Spurs.

z0sa
02-26-2006, 09:44 AM
He has the offensive skills you'd want in a big playing opposite TD. His D has improved, but he's not a shotblocker. Then again, neither is Horry.

Horry isn't a shotblocker? I'd have to disagree there. Anyone remember the game against the Clippers where he had that gamesaving block? (may have been golden state, it was some back to back ot game)