PDA

View Full Version : Rasho/Nazr together

mando6599
02-03-2006, 08:37 AM
Has Pop ever played these two at the same time? I know they're both centers, but ever anytime due to foul trouble that Pop had to do that? I was just briefly thinking this last night against the Warriors. :spin The previous night Nazr had a great rebounding night w/15 boards. And then against the Warriors, Rasho had 12/10/3 blocks. I don't see the Spurs trading either of them before the deadline, unless an unbelievable deal comes down. I just think that some nights, these two guys play well enough to consider their benefits against each different team they play each night.

There was one play last night with Nazr that seemed to me that Manu/Parker? were upset with him. The shot clock was winding down, and Nazr was late for his screen up top and Parker had to start towards the basket anyway and grabbed Nazr's jersey as he was going by him and missed the shot. Right before that they had been motioning to Nazr to move quickly as he was just standing there. Just an observation.

mando

boutons_
02-03-2006, 08:42 AM
Neither kkutz can play 36 minutes and not foul out.

Razr though is good for 12 fouls.

Solid D
02-03-2006, 11:00 AM
Yes, there have been times this season, and last season, when Nazr and Rasho have played on the floor together. The Spurs have to have (a) playmaker(s) and scorers on the floor with them for that to be effective.

I saw Parker pull on Nazr's jersey off the screen but I remember that one being defensively, as though Parker wanted Nazr to drop back to cover the lane first, rather than stay with the screener.

angel_luv
02-03-2006, 11:57 AM
I saw that too and you were right- it was on the defensive end.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-03-2006, 12:29 PM
We just need to clone them and come up with a defender who can score without pumpfaking.

I call him Raszhr. Or Nazho, whichever fits better.

angel_luv
02-03-2006, 12:33 PM
And make sure he looks like Rasho!