PDA

View Full Version : Broncos interested in Ricky Williams

sa_butta
02-03-2006, 10:00 AM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-nfl03feb03,0,5264561.story?coll=sfla-sports-front

The Denver Post reported the Broncos have held internal discussions regarding a potential trade for Ricky Williams.

The Broncos would consider making an offer if unable to obtain wide receiver Terrell Owens in a trade with Philadelphia, the newspaper reported.

A source said the Dolphins have had no talks with Philadelphia about a potential Owens trade. The Eagles are expected to release Owens if they are unable to trade him before the start of the free-agent signing period March 3

TheTruth
02-03-2006, 12:06 PM
ehh, the broncos don't need a "star" running back.

could use TO though.

sa_butta
02-03-2006, 12:09 PM
They dont need an RB but they still drafted Maurice Clarett last year.

Peter
02-03-2006, 12:42 PM
If they don't get one crackhead then, by God, they'll get the other!

sa_butta
02-03-2006, 01:19 PM
Thats pothead not crackhead, get it right.

koopa
02-03-2006, 01:57 PM
why the hell do they want ricky? tatum bell is only gonna get better, and they already have anderson. no need to bring him, and hopefully they don't get t.o. they'll be a scary ass team

ABDENOUR POWER
02-03-2006, 03:21 PM
Williams would be interesting, but he wouldn't be as big of a help as TO. I wouldn't be opposed to bring in Ricky and use a combo of him and Tatum Bell, but its not really necessary. If Mike Anderson doesn't get used next year, they could just use Ron Dayne.

Brutalis
02-03-2006, 11:02 PM
See Ya Ricky! We Wont Miss You!

exstatic
02-04-2006, 12:23 PM
Ricky Williams would be ILL in Denver. If you look at what Shanahan has done with some journeymen backs, and think what happened last time he had a premier back (TD), then you could think 2000 yards if you use him as your horse.

TheAdmiral#50
02-04-2006, 12:45 PM
Dolphins would be stupid to trade Ricky Williams at this point. Unless he has some huge bonus tied to his very cap friendly contract.

They arent getting a QB in return, so why would they trade him? And I can't imagine that people are talking about 2nd rounders for Ricky just yet.
Williams, behind that line would be scary! If his mind was right, He could rush for 2,000 yds!

And what about Tatum Bell? Not exactly a chump runner IMHO.

TheTruth
02-05-2006, 01:28 AM
the broncos will have close to 10 draft picks this year, and won't be afraid to use them to get established players.

the biggest thing with ricky, is that Shannahan has always said that he wants 1 stud back that can carry the load. He wishes that it would Tatum, but he can't block and fumbles too much. Ricky would destroy the league running through the holes clean and getting to the defensive backfield with a full head of steam. That said, I really hope that we get TO and don't make a run at Ricky.

Gotdamn, TO and Rod Smith would be a fucking sick WR combo. I wonder if even Jake could fuck that one up.;

exstatic
02-05-2006, 02:20 PM
Two WRs and Jake isn't a winning combo. You got that stud back, you're 3/4 of the way home. They can dangle Bell for a QB or more picks.

ABDENOUR POWER
02-05-2006, 03:12 PM
Gotdamn, TO and Rod Smith would be a fucking sick WR combo. I wonder if even Jake could fuck that one up.;

You're forgetting Lelie. Imagine Lelie and TO on opposite sides both running straight up flies. We would have one scary deep passing attack.