PDA

View Full Version : I feel bad for Timmy

dbreiden83080
02-03-2006, 02:38 PM
This season is just so tough for him, i have no doubt that with the shape he is in this year if that damn foot of his was healthy he would be the MVP right now. The way he played against the T-Wolves last week was Tim Duncan when he is right. I really hope this gets better and it is not a sign that his body is breaking down on him.

ChumpDumper
02-03-2006, 02:40 PM
I really hope this gets better and it is not a sign that his body is breaking down on him.It's not. He just won't be able to heal fully until the summer.

Solid D
02-03-2006, 02:43 PM
That which does not kill us, makes us stranger. - ducks

easjer
02-03-2006, 02:48 PM
Weird, didn't they talk last night about Timmy receiving a treatment which had really helped with the PF? Developed in Canada and only very recently approved for use in the US? They said it worked like some kind of waves do against kidney stones to dissolve the tissue, and while he wasn't cured was already dramatically better. He certainly has looked better to me over the last few games, and seemed to be moving easier and getting more lift and jump.

dbreiden83080
02-03-2006, 02:48 PM
It's not. He just won't be able to heal fully until the summer.

Well then we are screwed we can't win the title if he is playing at this level. I know he was hurt last year as well, but this is worse sometimes he looks like an old man out there.

SenorSpur
02-03-2006, 02:50 PM
He really struggled keeping Murphy off the baseline. I think the back-to-back games are getting harder for him, while he's in this condition. He'll look lively one night and a lil' more slower than ususal the next.

spurjur
02-03-2006, 02:50 PM
As Long As We Don't Have Any Back To Back Games In The Playoffs, The Spurs Will Be Good.

dbreiden83080
02-03-2006, 02:57 PM
As Long As We Don't Have Any Back To Back Games In The Playoffs, The Spurs Will Be Good.

I think this is worse than the ankles last year, he looks even more limited. I mean he almost never even shoots his bank shot anymore because he can't get the lift on the shot.

angel_luv
02-03-2006, 02:58 PM
Timmy tries so hard. I hate that he is hurting.

Everyone who prays needs to. :angel

SenorSpur
02-03-2006, 03:01 PM
I think this is worse than the ankles last year, he looks even more limited. I mean he almost never even shoots his bank shot anymore because he can't get the lift on the shot.

It's really noticeable because his shot accuracy is not the same.

Even still, dude has been our MVP every year he's been with the franchise.

ChumpDumper
02-03-2006, 03:04 PM
If Tim plays at his current level and Manu, Parker and Horry are 100% for the playoffs, I still like our chances.

cheguevara
02-03-2006, 03:12 PM
If Tim plays at his current level and Manu, Parker and Horry are 100% for the playoffs, I still like our chances.

Not even close. TD has at least to improve to his last year's playoff level. at least

easjer
02-03-2006, 03:14 PM
Seriously, did I make up the fact that Timmy had received treatment that had helped recently?

cheguevara
02-03-2006, 03:17 PM
Seriously, did I make up the fact that Timmy had received treatment that had helped recently?

no it obviously helps but he's still lacking in his D. Plus none of that explains the bricks hes laying lately

SouthernFried
02-03-2006, 03:38 PM
On the bright side. We are getting some decent play from Oberto and Marks backing him up. If he can play less during the regular season because of their play, his foot might not fully recover, but, it prolly wont get any worse.

pache100
02-03-2006, 03:40 PM

No, he had ultrasound treatment on the spur in his heel. It is very much like the treatment for kidney stones.

Solid D
02-03-2006, 04:08 PM
Lithotripsy. It uses shock waves to break up kidney stones and is approved to reduce pain in Plantar Faciitis patients.

1Parker1
02-03-2006, 04:30 PM
I feel bad for Timmy too. It must suck to make millions of dollars to play a game you love, be considered one of the top PF's of all time, be voted in to start in your 8th All Star game (despite average play for the season), and be the leader of the team with the second best NBA record, and going for his 4th championship. :lol

boutons_
02-03-2006, 04:33 PM
I posted a bunch of info on this last week. search here for Lithotripsy

"the spur in his heel."

It's his plantar fascia tendon that's causing the pain.

Bone spurs are painless symptoms, not causes of the pain.

The Lithotripsy is applied to the tendon, they don't really know how it works, yet.

The Big Fundamental is A Big Experiment. :)

I wonder if they're hitting Nick with Lithotripsy ?

Senator Joseph McCarthy
02-03-2006, 04:39 PM
Is it true that this technology was developed in Canada? Do we want to trust the health of a franchise player to Commie machinery? I say we stay with the American ways, no matter how ineffective.

leemajors
02-03-2006, 04:46 PM
not only that it sucks to have a beautiful wife and newborn child.

Shelly
02-03-2006, 04:49 PM
Lithotripsy. It uses shock waves to break up kidney stones and is approved to reduce pain in Plantar Faciitis patients.

Yeah...my husband is thinking of having that available for some of his patients. But it usually takes more than one treatment.

pache100
02-03-2006, 05:24 PM
The Lithotripsy is applied to the tendon, they don't really know how it works, yet.

Yeah, they do know how it works. It does not treat the tendon, it treats the bone itself:

If your answer is yes to any of the above questions, you may be interested in a relatively new treatment modality called extracorporeal shock wave therapy (ESWT), a non-invasive procedure in which strong sound waves are directed at the area of pain. The device used for extracorporeal shock wave therapy is very similar to the one currently used in non-surgical treatment of kidney and gall-bladder stones. It's called a lithotriptor device, and it generates strong shock waves at the treatment site. In theory, these shock waves achieve therapeutic results by causing bone-marrow haemorrhages and minor fractures. That sounds rather ghastly, but the controlled trauma is then thought to instigate a healing response in which new bone formation occurs. This potentially eases inflammation in the heel and relieves chronic pain. The ESWT treatment takes about 30 minutes and is performed under local anaesthesia and/or 'twilight' anaesthesia. ESWT is an out-patient procedure and does not require an overnight stay in the hospital.

itzsoweezee
02-03-2006, 07:07 PM
so how serious is the injury? is there any chance five days off and taking the all-star break off will significantly help w/ recovery?

oh, and is there any news about whether td is going to pass on playing in the all-star game?

TDMVPDPOY
02-03-2006, 07:17 PM
tim duncan is weak, get him out of here

ducks
02-03-2006, 09:25 PM
That which does not kill us, makes us stranger. - ducks
yep :lol

Solid D
02-03-2006, 09:36 PM
yep :lol

:)

Just playin', as usual.

HB22inSA
02-03-2006, 11:37 PM
Timmy tries so hard. I hate that he is hurting.

Everyone who prays needs to.
I really don't think God gives a good God Damn (ptp) if Timmy's little foot hurts and how well the Spurs do.

TxJudsonRocketTx
02-03-2006, 11:50 PM
PF fuckin sucks. I had that crap back in 7th grade after I tripped over my friend in gym and my foot went under me. Couldnt play ball for like 6 years...or more like 2 months without putting any strain on it. Really sucks for anyone who has ever had to do anything with it.

Despot
02-04-2006, 12:21 AM
Point averages - Minutes Average - FG%

NOV. 21.3 MIN 34.7 FG% .529
DEC. 20.6 MIN 36.2 FG% .509
JAN. 18.4 MIN 35.6 FG% .449
FEB. 15.0 MIN 38.0 FG% .345

Season 19.9 - 35.7 - .492

His number are pretty similar to last year while playing 2 more minutes per game.

Despot
02-04-2006, 12:26 AM
Even though he is playing 2 more MPG, His game is not predicated on the minutes he plays, he has always consistently traken the same amount of shots per game, well, at least until this year.

Darrin
02-04-2006, 12:34 AM

That's actually possible:

May 10, 2003: Pistons @ Sixers, game 3.
May 11, 2003: Pistons @ Sixers, game 4.

There was a rodeo or something at Wachovia, and it would've been a back-to-back or six days between games 3 and 4.

Despot
02-04-2006, 12:51 AM
But what I think does the Spurs in more is the traveling between the games, and that would be even more unlikely in the playoffs.

We are 3-5 in B2B's now. Just thought i'd throw that in.

I don't by the aging spurs talk, I honestly believe it is just a quirk of this years team.
Like when we seemed to loose when we wore the silver jersey's, or lose when we would play noon games, or play badly against the worst teams, or lose if it was snowing outside.

angel_luv
02-04-2006, 09:29 AM
I really don't think God gives a good God Damn (ptp) if Timmy's little foot hurts and how well the Spurs do.

God cares.