PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know....

SenorSpur
02-03-2006, 03:28 PM
I confess. This is killing me. Every time I watch the Mavs play, I marvel at Josh Howard. I also cringe with disgust knowing that the Spurs (along with most other NBA teams) passed over him before the Mavs took him at the bottom of the 2003 draft.

It makes me sick, especially after seeing the Spurs sign Finley, knowing Josh could have been our long-term answer at the 3 spot.

Does anyone know why the Spurs didn't draft him? Especially since he starred at Wake Forest (Tim's alma mater).

ChumpDumper
02-03-2006, 03:31 PM
Oops. Cap space.

timvp
02-03-2006, 03:32 PM
Tim Duncan and Pop wanted Howard. RC apparently decided the Spurs needed the cap room to sign Rasho.

:pctoss

Solid D
02-03-2006, 03:44 PM
If the Spurs, holding the 28th pick, wanted Ebi (taken 26th) and Perkins (taken 27th), why didn't they take Josh Howard (taken 29th) if they really wanted him? If Perkins had been there...would RC have trumped Pop in favor of cap space/guaranteed salary?

Solid D
02-03-2006, 03:50 PM
Just think...Mo Williams was taken 47th in that draft (by Utah).

Just think...James Jones was taken 49th in that draft (by IND)

Just think...Kyle Korver was taken 51st in that draft (by PHI)

zeleni
02-03-2006, 04:05 PM
Just think...Mo Williams was taken 47th in that draft (by Utah).

Just think...James Jones was taken 49th in that draft (by IND)

Just think...Kyle Korver was taken 51st in that draft (by PHI)

Just think Olokawandi as Spurs center.

Just think Drob retired that year.

Just think what kind of defense Spurs will have now with that kind of a long contract. I can presume that even Tpuppies could beat Spurs by now, Ginobili would not resign and Duncan would be frustrated as only Drob was in San Antonio before.