PDA

View Full Version : college acceptance yields me going to Austin. CHA CHING!

Samr
02-03-2006, 05:42 PM
Yesterday I got my first acceptance letter, conveniently from my top school: St. Edward's, located in Austin. I have been accepted into the pre-law program, majoring in English writing and Rhetoric (it's one major). Though a bonus is the fact that I can take courses at UT, within my major, that are not offered at St. Ed's.

Really, Austin is the only place I wanted to go, though I did apply to Trinity, Baylor, and TCU (Dallas) as well. Close enough to come into town for an occasional Spurs game, but far enough to keep what I do in Austin, in Austin.

So for the next four years, at least, I will be a proud Austinite! And the fact that St. Ed's doesn't have a football team means I can adopt UT without the guilt of jumping on the bandwagon.

Sweet.

SpursWoman
02-03-2006, 05:47 PM
Awesome! :elephant

AlamoSpursFan
02-03-2006, 05:51 PM
So for the next four years, at least, I will be a proud Austinite!

Congrats!

Dudley and Bob, 6a - 10a, 93.7 KLBJ-FM.

You'll love it.

easjer
02-03-2006, 05:54 PM
Congratulations!

Samr
02-03-2006, 05:54 PM
Dudley and Bob, 6a - 10a, 93.7 KLBJ-FM.

I've been told the exact same thing by several people. I really look forward to turning on the radio and having it not suck. It's like waiting for Christmas.

AlamoSpursFan
02-03-2006, 05:59 PM
It's like hanging with good friends for 4 hours. Very habit forming.

They also don't play music. Bands do come in regularly and play live.

Dudley and Bob Show at Myspace (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=52643088)

Shelly
02-03-2006, 05:59 PM
Hey! Congratulations!

JoeChalupa
02-03-2006, 06:09 PM
Kudos!!

TDMVPDPOY
02-03-2006, 07:17 PM
dont come back motherfucker, ur not welcome in SA. Thats what i said to my mate when he found a job interstate, told him dont look back and come back to this shithole.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-03-2006, 07:26 PM
Close enough to come into town for an occasional Spurs game, but far enough to keep what I do in Austin, in Austin.

Sweet.

Well, I heard that what happens in Austin, stays in Austin. So congrats.

1Parker1
02-04-2006, 12:45 AM
Study hard and don't party too much :)

Vashner
02-04-2006, 12:47 AM
gratz

Samr
02-04-2006, 02:01 AM
Study hard and don't party too much

You must not understand the attraction to Austin, haha.

Undergrad is for having fun. Graduate school-- law school, for me-- is where it matters. Hopefully I can get into UT Law, due to the relative ease of a strong GPA at St. Ed's and the geographical connection with one of the better law schools in the nation. If you plan on more than four years, an undergrad degree means nothing. It's just an experience, which I plan to take full advantage of.

Cha CHING (for four years)!!!

hussker
02-04-2006, 02:10 AM
SAMR..

Great School. I have friends who went there and go there. You are fortunate indeed. Study hard and get into the workforce to save my social security and $$ for diapers when I become incontinent.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!

TOP-CHERRY
02-04-2006, 12:40 PM
Good on you.

Woot!

Old School Chic
02-04-2006, 01:15 PM
Yesterday I got my first acceptance letter, conveniently from my top school: St. Edward's, located in Austin. I have been accepted into the pre-law program, majoring in English writing and Rhetoric (it's one major). Though a bonus is the fact that I can take courses at UT, within my major, that are not offered at St. Ed's.

Really, Austin is the only place I wanted to go, though I did apply to Trinity, Baylor, and TCU (Dallas) as well. Close enough to come into town for an occasional Spurs game, but far enough to keep what I do in Austin, in Austin.

So for the next four years, at least, I will be a proud Austinite! And the fact that St. Ed's doesn't have a football team means I can adopt UT without the guilt of jumping on the bandwagon.

Sweet.

Congratulations! :elephant
Best of luck to you!

You better not be out on 6th street on a school night :spin