PDA

View Full Version : Ageing Spurs

raspsa
02-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Did you know thatonly Parker and Udrih were born in the '80s while all the rest were born in the '70s? This explains why the team really struggles against more athletic teams.I think that the roster is set for the rest of the season but a major overhaul is due over the nest couple of years to inject more youth and athleticism to rejuvenate the team. I'm not writing off Manu and Timmy but they are increasingly injury-prone amd I don't consider Parker a franchise player so the question is what direction will the team take.

I think they should stick to the Twin Towers model that has worked well in the past. Prioritize the acquisition of a big young PF/C whom Tim can mentor the way David did with him. Ditto for a Bowen and Horry replacements. Parker and Udrih can handle the point.

It won't happen overnight but I hope Pop and R.C. can work something out so we avoid a lengthy rebuilding process.

TDMVPDPOY
02-03-2006, 08:52 PM
U my friend are a joke, wait till javtokas/mahinmi comes over, that will give alot of atheleticsm in the front court, add scolas slow fundamental game suits best for this game.

I think we are set for another 10 years if duncan does decide to play on after his max contract finishes, i can still see him being a double-double.

javtokas/ian
duncan/scola
gino/****
parker/beno

The only thing we need to do now is look for a long 3, and decent 3 player And probaly a young SG to developed or get a veteran.

Rasho/nazr needs to be offloaded quick imo, either this season or next season. Who knows we can get a few draft picks, and trade the picks up for a higher pick and select rudy gay, adam morrison, greg oden hahaha

ALVAREZ6
02-03-2006, 09:00 PM
I was born in the 80's...

hendrix
02-03-2006, 09:25 PM
Yuo were born in the 90s...

TDMVPDPOY
02-03-2006, 09:29 PM
i was born in the summer of 1969.....

ALVAREZ6
02-03-2006, 09:29 PM
Yuo were born in the 90s...
And how would you know?

angel_luv
02-04-2006, 09:38 AM
1982= Great year

Brought you: Tony, Beno, yours truly, and Silver/Black (in that order).

SouthernFried
02-04-2006, 12:36 PM
I got divorced in 1980

ChumpDumper
02-04-2006, 12:36 PM
Ever notice that troll posts have the most spelling errors?