PDA

View Full Version : restaurant.com

MannyIsGod
02-03-2006, 08:48 PM
I discovered this site today. It is pretty awesome. You can print out certificates that get you a big discount at a lot of places in town.

IE: You an pay 3 dollars for a certificate worth 10 at a certain place. Or 10 for 25.

And you just print them out from home.

baseline bum
02-03-2006, 09:09 PM
You've used these coupons and never had any problems?

Zombie
02-03-2006, 09:27 PM
Leran how to cook and you won't need that website. :smokin

Guru of Nothing
02-03-2006, 09:51 PM
Fantastic! I enter my zip code and I get ads pimping restaurants 750 miles away.

Yet another cheesy web concept.

Not impressed.

Kori Ellis
02-03-2006, 11:51 PM
Not to pimp WOAI, but if you live here locally, you can get something similar on Discount Deals.

http://store.woai.com/showcategory.aspx?categoryid=1

For example, you get a $50 gift certificate to Hooligan's for $25.

King
02-04-2006, 12:40 AM
I've been doing this for probably about two years. I think they started out on ebay thru restaurant.com. And, yeah, they always work. I've never had any problems.

King
02-04-2006, 12:41 AM
Fantastic! I enter my zip code and I get ads pimping restaurants 750 miles away.

Yet another cheesy web concept.

Not impressed.

Are you even doing it right? I put in my zip code, and everything is within 15 miles, like I specified.

MannyIsGod
02-04-2006, 01:52 AM
Yeah, I don't know wtf is up with GoNs results, but I got dozens upon dozens within 15 miles. They have a done of good deals. I'll have to check the WOAI store as well.

MannyIsGod
02-04-2006, 01:55 AM
Leran how to cook and you won't need that website. :smokinI know how to cook, but what does that have to do with getting food that you don't cook?

Melmart1
02-06-2006, 12:59 AM
HEre is a coupon code for 50% off your order at restaurant.com

Expires Feb. 15: 49522

A friend used it with no issues. I am not in town and there are only three crappy restaurants where I am at right now, so I will miss out on this deal unless I want to drive to Philly. But maybe some of you can take advantage.

Notorious H.O.P.
02-06-2006, 10:40 AM
Restaurant.com is great. I've only used one so far but I bought six the other day when I had a 60% off coupon code. Figure $4 for a $25 certificate and $1.20 for a $10 cert. Browse and use the code Melmart provided and you should get some good deals.

The only issue though. Just about all the $25 certs have a minumum purchase of $35 and most can't include alcohol, tax and tip. This becomes an issue when you only have two people going to a specific restaurant and the average entree price is $8-$12. I've looked at the menus on most of these (they are on the restaurant.com website) and at most places, you'd have to get the most expensive things on the menu to equal that (whether you want that or not) or you'd have to get appetizers and desserts and coffee just to make it add up (not that doing that is such a bad thing).

Of course, you always have to-go options or you can go in a larger group of people and either make them play full boat or give them a piece of your discount action. Either way, good deal.

MannyIsGod
02-06-2006, 06:02 PM
thanks for the coupon code!

Melmart1
02-06-2006, 07:31 PM
You are welcome. They come out with coupon codes pretty often, once you place an order you should get them in your email. If not, let me know and I will post them, since anyone can use them. I am a bargain hound, almost never pay full price for anything.