PDA

View Full Version : All five Pistons Allstars?????

jcrod
02-04-2006, 12:27 AM
I've heard (Barkley, Kenny Smith) and read people saying that all five starters for the Pistons should be allstars this season. Do you agree?

I think that's stupid, just because they have the best record, they seem to think they deserve it. Even the bulls never had more than Jordan and Pippen in one allstar game. I do believe Billups, Hamilton and Ben should be there. But not Sheed 16 pts 6 rebs, or Prince 14 pts. Theres more deserving players than those two.

timvp
02-04-2006, 12:29 AM
It's tough to make a case for Tayshaun Prince, whose stats have taken a step back under Flip, but I think it'd be pretty cool. They are dominating the East so they might as well dominate the All-Star team.

jcrod
02-04-2006, 12:34 AM
It's tough to make a case for Tayshaun Prince, whose stats have taken a step back under Flip, but I think it'd be pretty cool. They are dominating the East so they might as well dominate the All-Star team.

But why??? Just because they're winning shouldn't give them the right to be in there. On top of winning you should still put up good numbers. D. Howard, C. Bosh and posting better number than Sheed.

SilverPlayer
02-04-2006, 12:35 AM
I wouldn't have a problem with it. I wouldn't have a problem with leaving Prince and Sheed off as well. It might be fun to watch Detroits line up play Parker Duncan Garnett Man and Kobe for a while as well. Although I don't think Manu will make it this year.

Allstar game has been pretty much pointless ever since I grew up.

Darrin
02-04-2006, 12:39 AM
I've heard (Barkley, Kenny Smith) and read people saying that all five starters for the Pistons should be allstars this season. Do you agree?

I think that's stupid, just because they have the best record, they seem to think they deserve it. Even the bulls never had more than Jordan and Pippen in one allstar game. I do believe Billups, Hamilton and Ben should be there. But not Sheed 16 pts 6 rebs, or Prince 14 pts. Theres more deserving players than those two.

Tayshaun Prince: 14.4 ppg, 4.4 rpg. 2.3 apg.
Rasheed Wallace: 15.0 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 2.6 apg, 1.20 spg, 1.59 bpg.

I think that's a little overkill, to put that many Pistons on the All-Star team. The rule usually is that a very good number one team takes 3 All-Stars to the weekend. I have thought all season that Rip, Chauncey, and Ben Wallace would be in Houston, especially as Washington started losing games (Gilbert Arenas), and Milwaukee fell back in the pack (Michael Redd).

But I want to ask you this: Do you think Manu Ginobili deserved to go last season (16.0 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 3.9 apg)?

Ask yourself this, too: Who is more deserving and hasn't been to the All-Star Game?

1Parker1
02-04-2006, 12:42 AM
I don't think all 5 will make it...Sheed and Prince most likely won't. Pistons just have the best starting 5.

jcrod
02-04-2006, 12:43 AM
^^^ No, I didn't. I posted I didn't think he was going to make it, and if he did it would be his first and last one.

jochhejaam
02-04-2006, 12:52 AM
I don't think all 5 will make it...Sheed and Prince most likely won't. Pistons just have the best starting 5.
Sheed may have a good chance with J O'Neal out, that makes him the second highest vote getter at his position. I'd be very surprised if Tay were selected.

Despot
02-04-2006, 12:52 AM
What is the most the Bulls teams of the glory days had?

Despot
02-04-2006, 12:56 AM
Sheed may have a good chance with J O'Neal out, that makes him the second highest vote getter at his position. I'd be very surprised if Tay were selected.

I'm wondering if the coaches will vote for him after that comment he made.
Maybe they will to piss him off.

I'm ok with all five going, the way I see it, one more game, one more chance to get injured. That's why I hope Duncan and Parker get the snub from AJ and only play like 2 minutes each.

Darrin
02-04-2006, 12:57 AM

Three, I believe. Scottie and Michael were voted in perennially. Either Horace Grant or Dennis Rodman would get the third spot, if they made it.

Anything over three would break a Pistons record held by Laimbeer, Thomas, and Dumars (1987-88) and Thomas, Dumars, and Rodman (1991-92).

The Bulls, "back in the day" didn't spread things around enough. The most I remember seeing on the floor is 4 (Nick Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O'Neal for the 62-20 1997-98 Lakers).

TxJudsonRocketTx
02-04-2006, 01:00 AM
I could definately see 4/5 of them making it, but not Prince. He's inconsistent to say the least on offense from game to game. One night he'll put up 20, the next night he'll go 1-7 from the field. That being said, no I dont think all 5 should be selected to the ASG.

Darrin
02-04-2006, 01:02 AM
I could definately see 4/5 of them making it, but not Prince. He's inconsistent to say the least on offense from game to game. One night he'll put up 20, the next night he'll go 1-7 from the field. That being said, no I dont think all 5 should be selected to the ASG.

So who goes? Paul Pierce?

Obstructed_View
02-04-2006, 01:16 AM
Three Bulls were all-stars the first year of Jordan's suspension. I think it was Pippen, Grant and Armstrong.

Despot
02-04-2006, 01:18 AM
Three Bulls were all-stars the first year of Jordan's suspension. I think it was Pippen, Grant and Armstrong.

????

Oh, are you talking about the conspiracy suspension?

Obstructed_View
02-04-2006, 01:24 AM
????

Oh, are you talking about the conspiracy suspension?
Yes, it was just a joke. I remember wondering why he said he was retiring to spend time with his family and got on a minor league bus two weeks later, but I think he probably just decided two weeks with family was enough.

Trainwreck2100
02-04-2006, 01:34 AM
Everyone but Tayshaun

Winnipeg_Spur
02-04-2006, 01:42 AM
It would be pretty amusing to see all five Pistons playing, especially if Flip put them in there together. Then if the East won, they could vote all five as the co-mvps and the commentators can go on and on about the value of teamwork or some shit. Yay.

But in reality, I don't see why Detroit should be given 5 all stars because of their record, when Dallas won't even get 2.

Despot
02-04-2006, 01:52 AM
West starting talent is MUCH better than the East starters.

So, tie game, last 4 minutes of the All-Star game. Players start playing, Flip puts in all 5 of his pistons, west goes with their starters.
Maybe Replace Yao with Camby or Brand?

Who wins? Why?

SoCalSpursFan
02-04-2006, 01:53 AM
If all the pistons are...then all the spurs/mavs should be too.

No way they all 5 deserve it. Prince especially.

TxJudsonRocketTx
02-04-2006, 02:46 AM
So who goes? Paul Pierce?

If it was up to me I put Arenas in.

exstatic
02-04-2006, 10:17 AM
But why??? Just because they're winning shouldn't give them the right to be in there. On top of winning you should still put up good numbers. D. Howard, C. Bosh and posting better number than Sheed.

Actually, I have to agree with the studio crew on this one: you reward the winners. They acknowledged that Bosh and Howard are having good years, but their teams SUCK right now. They will get their turns.

JamStone
02-04-2006, 11:14 AM
I think Chauncey and Rip really deserve to be all stars. I think Ben is borderline, but unless you count Dwight Howard as a center, there aren't many other worthy centers in the EC. Even though his stats are not the best at his position in the EC, Rasheed is probably the best power forward in the EC. Bosh might be a little better overall, but it's close. With JO being injured, Rasheed has a chance, I guess. But, he doesn't really care about the honor.

Tayshaun Prince is not having a better year than LeBron James, Paul Pierce, Michael Redd, Richard Jefferson, or even Antawn Jamison. Now, it does hurt his stats a little that he has Chauncey, Rip, and Rasheed on his team being the first, second, and third options on offense, and that Rasheed and Ben and Dice are so good on the defensive end and get most of the rebounds, blocks, and steals. But, I think he understands the sacrifice of his stats in order for his team to win. He may get his opportunities in a few years. Even if he doesn't, I'm sure he'll be happy that he contributes to a team that has very good success and over the next few years should contend for a few championships and hopefully win some.

Chauncey and Rip definitely deserve it. Not taking away from his contributions, but Ben Wallace deserves it more so by default and the fact that the center position in the NBA overall is weak. And, Rasheed probably deserves it, especially since Jermaine is injured, but I'm sure he'd rather not be selected to go. Prince is not an all star player.

mookie2001
02-04-2006, 11:31 AM
It's tough to make a case for Tayshaun Prince
this is true
the others are all stars

mookie2001
02-04-2006, 11:33 AM
id buy that for a dollar?

hemann

T-Pain
02-04-2006, 01:17 PM
i dont think tayshaun really deserves it over chris bosh. i can agree with rasheed but tayshaun prince is outrageous not taking anything away from TP but i think chris bosh deserves a spot

FreshPrince22
02-04-2006, 01:21 PM
I think Chauncey/Rip/Ben/Sheed will make it. Sheed really only because JO's out. Though it all depends on whether or not the coaches listend to him when he said he didn't want to be an all-star.

himat
02-04-2006, 01:57 PM

rasheed is still much better than both those 2, but unlike howard and bosh he doesn't have to put up those numbers plus no piston will average 30 ppg because everyone can score.

ABDENOUR POWER
02-04-2006, 02:51 PM
Chauncey and Rip both should go. Coaches always are preaching unselfishness, its time that they rewarded it. Big Ben will of course go, and I think 'Sheed should go as well ... the PF position is weak out East. Tayshaun, however, is simply not good enough to be an All-Star yet.

jcrod
02-04-2006, 03:30 PM
I still call BS on Sheed. You can agure his pts being low, but you can't argue his reb being only 6 per, were Howard is at 12.7 and Bosh is at 22.7 pts and 9 reb. I would also easily go with Pierce or V. Carter over Sheed. There still plenty of better forward right now than Sheed.

You can't just be on a wininig team and get in, you should still have to put up numbers.

zeleni
02-04-2006, 04:03 PM
I still call BS on Sheed. You can agure his pts being low, but you can't argue his reb being only 6 per, were Howard is at 12.7 and Bosh is at 22.7 pts and 9 reb. I would also easily go with Pierce or V. Carter over Sheed. There still plenty of better forward right now than Sheed.

You can't just be on a wininig team and get in, you should still have to put up numbers.

Brezec is an all-star material and Pierce is no better.

Obstructed_View
02-04-2006, 04:15 PM

I agree. In addition, you can't penalize Howard for putting up numbers on a losing team when three of 'Sheed's teammates make the all-star team.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-04-2006, 04:18 PM

What she said.

clingman
02-04-2006, 04:21 PM

Ben gets the rebounds.... watch the games and you see time after time Sheed doesn't worry about the rebounds that he knows ben's going to bring down... If Detroit needs a rebound in the last min of the game, I wouldn't bet against Sheed getting it.

All there numbers are down from what they would get on alot of teams because the numbers just get spread out.

I actually voted for all 5 being a homer, 4 should make it in my view, but I also voted for the big three from SA. All three are winners, and difference makers in the game.

SlasherX
02-04-2006, 04:28 PM
HIGH FIVE: Larry Brown revealed that he is voting for all five Detroit Pistons starters to be reserves on the Eastern Conference All-Star team. The coaches select seven reserves from their respective conference and are not permitted to pick players from their own team. The All-Star reserves will be announced Thursday.

Doc rivers said the same thing earlier.

I think if you count in all the past 3 seasons they got snubbed all 5 should make it.

JoeBuddy
02-04-2006, 05:13 PM
For sure 3 Pistons deserve it. Ben, Sheed (Especially with JO out), and Chauncey. Rip I would like to be in but with all the guards that are in the east it won't happen. It's funny to here the local media predict Rip will be one when we all know the truth is that he won't be. Tayshaun on the other hand has taken 2 steps back this season in Flip's system. He is starting to get exposed on D and his offense isn't really producing (last night against Philly was an exception).

At most 4 will be on the All Star team but I can only gaurentee 2.