PDA

View Full Version : Same old KG

Warlord23
02-04-2006, 01:10 AM
Kevin Garnett's line vs the Blazers today: 27 pts, 15 rebs, 4 ast, 3 blk, 12-13 FGs

In classic KG style, he doesn't attempt a single FG or score a single point in the last 6:30 of the 4th quarter as the Wolves lose by 4.

It'll probably be overshadowed by the biggest choke of the night, however: Kings go 0-20 in the 4th quarter to turn a 12-point lead into a 10-point loss

TDMVPDPOY
02-04-2006, 01:38 AM
KG deserves it ahahha fuckn loser

Darrin
02-04-2006, 02:06 AM
:depressed

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-04-2006, 02:11 AM
Kevin Garnett's line vs the Blazers today: 27 pts, 15 rebs, 4 ast, 3 blk, 12-13 FGs

In classic KG style, he doesn't attempt a single FG or score a single point in the last 6:30 of the 4th quarter as the Wolves lose by 4.

It'll probably be overshadowed by the biggest choke of the night, however: Kings go 0-20 in the 4th quarter to turn a 12-point lead into a 10-point loss

Did you actually watch the game?

Portland put more pressure on KG as the fourth wore on and it seemed as if Ricky Davis was the only Wolf trying to work it in.

Call KG out for not fouling Ratliff on the last rebound or Blake with more time, but not because Minnesota seemed to go away from him near the end.

rayray2k8
02-04-2006, 02:13 AM
I feel for the big ticket... They need to get him somewhere where he can contend. lets say ummm maybe the lakers.. that would be fun!
Breath in new life into the ol' rivalry :smokin

Warlord23
02-04-2006, 02:33 AM
Did you actually watch the game?

Portland put more pressure on KG as the fourth wore on and it seemed as if Ricky Davis was the only Wolf trying to work it in.

Call KG out for not fouling Ratliff on the last rebound or Blake with more time, but not because Minnesota seemed to go away from him near the end.

I didn't watch the game. Not hard to figure out that Portland wasn't gonna give KG any wide-open looks. That treatment is no more special than what other franchise players get. The point is that with KG, it works like a charm. He didn't get a single FG, FT or assist in the last 5 minutes or so. That is unnatural, whatever be the defensive scheme.

And it's not like this is a one-off occurrence. It's just another of the umpteen instances of KG not demanding the ball even when he's red-hot from the field. He's done it too many times to get away without criticism. Duncan was playing like crap for most of the game against the Warriors yesterday, but he took and made the tough fadeaway over 2 players late in the 4th. Garnett just does not show up to carry the team in the clutch.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-04-2006, 03:09 AM
I didn't watch the game. Not hard to figure out that Portland wasn't gonna give KG any wide-open looks. That treatment is no more special than what other franchise players get. The point is that with KG, it works like a charm. He didn't get a single FG, FT or assist in the last 5 minutes or so. That is unnatural, whatever be the defensive scheme.

Well, had you actually watched the game...

KG was making stupid crazy shots all night (shots you win games of "Horse" with). At about the six or seven minute mark, the Blazers began to collapse with up to three players on KG (they had been using two most of the night). Portland had nearly ten blocks in the game and played pretty damn good defense in the second half.

FreshPrince22
02-04-2006, 01:56 PM
And people blame Flip for them choking :rolleyes

I saw the game as well. He had made 12 straight field goals, and just didn't take anymore. Instead they gave it to trenton hassell (WTF?) to post up during the final minutes. And you can't blame it on the Blazers D very much, he rarely even touched the ball at the end of the game. It was all Ricky and Trenton.

sickdsm
02-04-2006, 02:09 PM
Box

Score

Whore.

Watch the game between the lines.

FreshPrince22
02-04-2006, 02:15 PM
Box

Score

Whore.

I think that's the point. Looking at the boxscore, you'd think KG played one of the best games in his career. Watching it "Between the lines" (and watching him disappear in the end) is when you see what really happend.

Brutalis
02-04-2006, 08:52 PM
Yeah he played a team that didnt get every fucking call and he shined.

Obstructed_View
02-04-2006, 10:05 PM
Box

Score

Whore.

Since I didn't see the game, I'm interested to know from a fan of the team how it's acceptable that he didn't get at least a free throw or an assist in the last six minutes of a game they lost by 4. Instead of calling people names, convince me that a complete disappearance in this case was warranted, or that he was contributing some other way. I'm of the opinion that Kevin Garnett is far and away the greatest role player in the NBA. How am I misunderstanding situations like this, or the fact that he can't seem to win even when there's talent around him?

TDMVPDPOY
02-04-2006, 10:14 PM
lets trade for him, gino/parker/orbs/scolas rights straight up
get rid of rashos contract/trade nazr for picks
then sign veterans who wanna cockride tds left testicle for a ring....it can really work out.