PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Fan Here

JoeBuddy
02-04-2006, 11:43 AM
I just registered to say that you guys (or 90% of you) really know your stuff about basketball. Credit is given here where it is due. Basketball IQ is up in San Antonio. You guys will be tough in the finals (Dallas will fold come playoff time).

Just lookin forward to a great series come June.

BTW I've always wondered this... how do you guys decide which Texas team you want to cheer for? And do you guys get all 3 of your teams on cable without any extra cost?

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-04-2006, 11:55 AM
I just registered to say that you guys (or 90% of you) really know your stuff about basketball. Credit is given here where it is due. Basketball IQ is up in San Antonio. You guys will be tough in the finals (Dallas will fold come playoff time).

BTW I've always wondered this... how do you guys decide which Texas team you want to cheer for? And do you guys get all 3 of your teams on cable without any extra cost?

Not really. Fox Sports SW sometimes broadcasts some Rockets and Mavs games in SA, San Marcos and Austin.

I became a Spurs fan when my mom and I moved to SA when I was eight or nine and have been one ever since.

rayray2k8
02-04-2006, 12:09 PM
I've never seen a rocket or mavs game on FSN in S.A, unless you have a dish.
We welcome all trolls- i mean people into the forums :lol

hussker
02-04-2006, 12:20 PM
San Antonio is not right next door to HOU or DAL. Unlike the tightly packed east-of-the Mississippi regions, we are pretty spread out.

Old School Chic
02-04-2006, 12:53 PM

Welcome to the best Spurs forum :elephant

My family and I are all Spurs Fans, even though some of them are from Houston, California, & Florida. :lol
We just know who the best team in the west is... SPURS

Solid D
02-04-2006, 01:13 PM
Welcome to the Forum JoeBuddy.

To expand on what was said earlier...San Antonio is roughly 200 miles west of Houston and 275-280 miles south of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. Each is a top-10 US population city. Local channels and cable are going to be tied to each major city, with nearby towns being governed by reception...or Cable company offerings.

5ToolMan
02-04-2006, 01:24 PM
San Antonio is not right next door to HOU or DAL. Unlike the tightly packed east-of-the Mississippi regions, we are pretty spread out.

The physical size of Texas is hard for some up north to understand. Years ago I worked with a design company from Chicago on the redevelopment of a strip center in Houston. To finish the project we had to procure some specialized trim material from a company in El Paso. The company in El Paso gave us a 2nd day guarantee on the delivery. The man I was speaking to in Chicago could not understand why I would not just send a driver over to pick up the material. As he thought we could speed up the process. When I explained that I was almost as close to him in Chicago as I was to the needed material in El Paso, he could not grasp what true.