PDA

View Full Version : Question about Caribbean islands

HIP HOOPERS
02-06-2006, 11:05 AM
I didn't know who else to ask or where...so if you think it's stupid, just move along...

I'm off to San Antonio next week, and will be staying there for a month. During that stay, i decided to visit the Caribbean islands for a few days up to one week. I've been thinking Bahamas or Virgin islands, maybe Dominican Republic or something. I've never been even near the Caribbean islands, and i'd like to know if there is someone here that has maybe visited one of those islands before or is perhaps living there or something and can tell me a little bit more. Like prices of the hotels, food, plane tickets from San Antonio... I'm not carrying milions with me, so those prices should be as low as possible.
Does San Antonio maybe has a direct connection to one of those islands or something, and would that make a plane ticket cheaper?

A milion thanks for every sugestion or idea!

lilmads
02-06-2006, 11:55 AM
Hip Hoopers,
I live on St. Maarten which is a Caribbean island so I hope I can help you out. From what I know, there are no direct flights from San Antonio to any of the islands, maybe only Puerto Rico. Most likely, no matter where you're coming from, you will have a connection in San Juan, Puerto Rico. That's how most people fly in.
I personally have not been to the Bahamas nor Dominican Republic, but I've heard that both are awesome. I'd really like to visit the Bahamas myself, but I'm sure the hotels are there pricey.
As for the Virgin Islands, which one? St. Thomas is probably your best choice. St. John is more of the quite type but also great. I haven't been to St. Croix.

Personally, I'd chose St. Thomas, Bahamas, or even St. Maarten. It's really an amazing place to visit (I cant say the same about living here!) and lots of tourists love it.

If you have any other questions, just let me know, I'd be glad to answer them:)

HIP HOOPERS
02-06-2006, 12:18 PM
THANKS A LOT MAN!

I do have some more questions, i'll pm you later when i get back home so we don't bother other people with this thread.

thanks again

Vashner
02-06-2006, 02:21 PM
Cozumel.

And yes during the summer there is a direct flight (Funjet.com charter) starting round trip + hotel at around 600+ for 3 days.

ShoogarBear
02-06-2006, 04:18 PM
Jamaica is nice, if you can afford the resorts. I hung with folks from Kingston and had a blast, but wouldn't recommend doing that unless you know people who live there.

Don't go to the Dominican. Kooks come from there. :smokin

Kori Ellis
02-06-2006, 04:44 PM
Ziga, LJ's family is from the Dominican Republic. When you get here, he can probably tell you everything you need to know if you have any real interest in going there.

Do you still have my number so you can call me while you are here?

hussker
02-06-2006, 05:54 PM
Ziga, LJ's family is from the Dominican Republic. When you get here, he can probably tell you everything you need to know if you have any real interest in going there.

Do you still have my number so you can call me while you are here?

COOL...My friend I may bring on Friday Night is a Paramedic in SA and is from the DR as well. (sorry to jump in on Someone's thread...)

HIP HOOPERS
02-06-2006, 05:55 PM
No, unfortunately i don't... i lost my phone a few month ago and lost all the numbers that weren't on the sim. Maybe you can pm it to me again. I'm still thinking about either Bahamas, Dominican rep, Virgin islands or key islands as Slomo sugested. I'll see when i get there, when i check the plane tickets etc...

Kori Ellis
02-06-2006, 06:06 PM
I'll email and PM you my cell number again.

Are you coming alone? Is Bor here in San Antonio?

Marklar MM
02-06-2006, 06:07 PM
Don't smoke crack.