PDA

View Full Version : Good news, folks! You didn't totally blow it

spurs=bling
02-06-2006, 06:52 PM
By Sean Deveney - SportingNews

When it comes to NBA All-Star voting, the league uses a two-tiered system. On the first tier, fans screw up the vote for the starters. On the second tier, coaches screw up the vote for the reserves (results will be announced on Thursday). Mostly, anyway. This year, the league should be:

PROUD OF ...

Allen Iverson, 76ers. Yeah, he hogs the ball, but he's second in the league in scoring and is shooting his highest percentage in eight years. Hog away.

Tony Parker, Spurs. Parker busts into lanes like a New York cabbie, easily beating lumber-footed big men. His speed has gotten him so many easy layups that he ranks second in the NBA in field-goal percentage.
Paul Pierce, Celtics. He has wiped off the sourpuss look and is having his best season, scoring 25.6 points per game and sporting a career-high shooting percentage.

NOT SO PROUD OF ...

Tim Duncan, Spurs. He should not be a starter. Elton Brand, Kevin Garnett and Dirk Nowitzki are shining; Duncan should be on the All-Star bench.

Shaquille O'Neal, Heat. Shaq is starting to roll, but missing 18 games should have kept him out of the starting lineup and off the team. Ben Wallace deserves to be the starter.

Yao Ming, Rockets. He has missed even more time than Shaq. But they couldn't have an All-Star Game in Houston without the big guy.

Sean Deveney is a staff writer for Sporting News. E-mail him at [email protected].

Updated on Monday, Feb 6, 2006 1:36 pm EST

LINK (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Avj6f19fwrQPhRirDiyPLHS8vLYF?slug=goodne wsfolksyoudidnttot&prov=tsn&type=lgns)

lilmads
02-06-2006, 06:55 PM
TP does deserve to be AS this year...
TD, I'm not too sure of, he's in it because of the votes... But I'm sure coaches would've wanted him to be a reserve, so he would be an AS either way.

Pistons < Spurs
02-06-2006, 07:00 PM
Tim Duncan, Spurs. He should not be a starter. Elton Brand, Kevin Garnett and Dirk Nowitzki are shining; Duncan should be on the All-Star bench.

Well said.

leemajors
02-06-2006, 07:03 PM
i don't see why people bitch relentlessly about the asg. they are missing the entire point of it, and why the fans vote in the starters. it's about getting the fans involved and showcasing the nba, not about who deserves what.

SouthernFried
02-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Sometimes you make the all star game, just out of respect. Sure, Dirk, KG, might be having a little better year up to now...but, TD is just a force in the league. Mebbe the biggest force in the league today.

And I think that's why he's getting the votes...when you think dominant players in the league, year after year...you think Tim Duncan of the Spurs.

So this year, it's all about the respect TIM has earned. How can you not start a guy like Tim Duncan on the all-star team? He is still the most dominant player in the game today.

If I was an opposing team, I'd rather play against a team with KG...or Dirk...or anyone else, instead of Tim Duncan. I think, living in San Antonio, we dont truely understand the force Tim has become throughout the league. We see him everyday, nit-pik every move he makes. While the rest of the league drools over him, and fears him.

He's earned this spot. And I would bet he got more votes...from OTHER TEAM's fans than anyone else.

Brutalis
02-06-2006, 07:44 PM
Well said.
Poor kid didn't have any Peeons voted to start.

You are the biggest whiney ass crying tub thumping little baby BITCH I have ever seen on any forum.

King
02-06-2006, 08:22 PM

You are the biggest whiney ass crying tub thumping little baby BITCH I have ever seen on any forum.

He said two words, chief.

rayray2k8
02-06-2006, 08:30 PM
i don't see why people bitch relentlessly about the asg. they are missing the entire point of it, and why the fans vote in the starters. it's about getting the fans involved and showcasing the nba, not about who deserves what.

So you're saying that the fans would rather see Duncan over KG?

Pistons < Spurs
02-06-2006, 08:37 PM

:rolleyes Grow up. Try occasionally having a take that is more than name calling or personal insults.

What exactly is it that you ever add to a thread?

clooneyschick04
02-06-2006, 08:38 PM

You are unbelievable.

Brutalis
02-06-2006, 08:42 PM
Give me a fucking break. I'm sick and fucking tired of his crying ass bitching. The Super Bowl. Why the Pistons lost 2 of 3. Why this, why that.

Why don't YOU grow the fuck up and grow some fucking BALLS BITCH. Keep hiding behind that poor excuse trend you started for every reason you disagree with. Screw the Spurs fans riding your dick only because you act civil long enough to fool them.

Ohhhhhhh I'm onto your measel ass this week buddy. You ain't that clever kid. Just like a MEEEECHagan fan.

Nephets
02-06-2006, 08:47 PM
The internet is serious business.

Pistons < Spurs
02-06-2006, 08:49 PM
Give me a fucking break. I'm sick and fucking tired of his crying ass bitching. The Super Bowl. Why the Pistons lost 2 of 3. Why this, why that.

Why don't YOU grow the fuck up and grow some fucking BALLS BITCH. Keep hiding behind that poor excuse trend you started for every reason you disagree with. Screw the Spurs fans riding your dick only because you act civil long enough to fool them.

Ohhhhhhh I'm onto your measel ass this week buddy. You ain't that clever kid. Just like a MEEEECHagan fan.

Well I guess you proved my point about your posting skills.

And what's up w/ this "crying ass bitching"?

Yes I feel the ref's screwed up last night. And stated so. Along with many others. That is expressing my opinion, not crying.

As for Pistons losing 2 of 3???? Who knows what you're refering to.

However if you've really read any of my postings on this site, you clearly would not label me as a whining crybaby.

Too bad you're not as mature as the other Spur fans.

Brutalis
02-06-2006, 08:55 PM
Posting skills? :lmao

Let's talk about maturity. I would LOVE to. Not only can you act like a puss, you make it look cool too. Let's all join! Hooray! Look at me! I'm so cool and respectful! Whaahehehehehe! -slings pooh-

Seriously. Try harder. You're so fucking pathetic and obviously having to take a step back to just reply to me. You're weak brothaman! Spending all your time on a Spurs forum, behind this "im cool dont hurt me" attitude, only giving a little while taking excuse after excuse. Let's just click your user name and view your last 40 or so replies or whatever, see all the excuses to why the Pistons lost, to why the Seahawks lost. I'm pretty much fucking sick of bandwagon fruitloops who hide behind some shell to come off clean when really in almost every excuse you make for yourself or whatever queer team you're rooting for and why they didn't do this, or that, makes me fucking sick. Keep replying kid. Keep on. You have everyone fooled but a few I can count on both hands here at ST and as long as everyone eats out of yours you'll keep trying.

You yet to have grown balls still, btw. Your act is worth a Tony but not an Oscar my friend.

Pistons < Spurs
02-06-2006, 09:14 PM
You've still got no clue.

You really think I've ever made excuses for why the Pistons lost? :blah If so, you've only proved that you've never read shit on these forums.

In every group, there is always one person that tends to be a comletely ignorant dumbass. I guess you're it.

Tek_XX
02-06-2006, 09:18 PM
When it comes down to it, who do you want in your lineup, Dirk or Tim? The fans recognise Tim as the man in the crunch and they gave him their votes.

Brutalis
02-06-2006, 09:20 PM
You've still got no clue.

You really think I've ever made excuses for why the Pistons lost? :blah If so, you've only proved that you've never read shit on these forums.

In every group, there is always one person that tends to be a comletely ignorant dumbass. I guess you're it.
Ahoyhoy!

Rummpd
02-06-2006, 10:17 PM
Garnett has done dog this year in leading a mundane team.

George W Bush
02-06-2006, 10:19 PM
I thought this thread was about Clinton.

CubanMustGo
02-06-2006, 10:36 PM
TD is not playing at AS starter level. Nothing wrong with admitting that, he's been fighting injuries. Anyone with half a brain would rather seem him sit at home and rest that foot rather than risking injuring it further in a meaningless game. And Tim could likely care less at this point in his career.

That said, he deserves to be a starter way more than that 7-foot waste of protoplasm in Houston.

Banks91
02-06-2006, 10:36 PM

Truthfully, this is the first time Duncan's gonna start an ASG where he shouldn't be the starter. Nowitzki should be a starter(fuck KG, that guy's becoming a joke).
He's got better stats, equal wins and he's huge for his team same as Duncan.

If they were both at the top of their game, I'd say Duncan easily, but not this year.
The other forward, Mcgrady, shouldn't be a starter either. He should be there, just not a starter.

Damn, i just wrote a post where i stated my 2 favourite players shouldn't be ASG starters, and it didn't feel wrong writing it.

Rummpd
02-06-2006, 10:40 PM
Devaney lives inside Garnett's small testicles I have it on expert opinion from an endocrinologist collegue of mine.

Guru of Nothing
02-06-2006, 10:44 PM

Even a 4-year old could spot the instant irony here.

ObiwanGinobili
02-06-2006, 10:53 PM
Timmy still should be there instead of KG.

Tony really really deserves it this year. I'm disappointed in basketball fans for not voting him in starter.... but with Kobe rapist and Steve Nash i nthe west also, I dint; really expect it.

ObiwanGinobili
02-06-2006, 10:54 PM
haha!!
I'm post # 25.
Post #24 is missing.... I can only assume it is our invisable friend. :lmao

Brutalis
02-06-2006, 11:12 PM
Maybe someone took such a good shot at me it was too good to leave on the thread or something.

ZStomp
02-07-2006, 12:56 AM
Yea...I'm not too sure about TD either. He isn't having his best year.

Hopefully the best is yet to come.

TDMVPDPOY
02-07-2006, 01:38 AM
hey does td still get dt or triple team in the asg?

Obstructed_View
02-07-2006, 02:53 AM
Looks like Duncan is about 5-1 head to head against Brand, Nowitzki and Garnett.

pache100
02-07-2006, 10:22 AM

http://i1.tinypic.com/nd28u1.gif

Well said! (it's the ONLY time the fans have a sayso in actual play...the only other option for them is voting with their wallets)