PDA

View Full Version : Manu and Tony Interview

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
02-07-2006, 10:59 AM
http://www.dimemag.com/feature.asp?id=2164

TwoHandJam
02-07-2006, 11:04 AM
Dime: If you were putting together a three-on-three team, you and two other guys, who would you choose?
Manu: Steve Nash and TD.

Interesting....

George W Bush
02-07-2006, 11:05 AM
Hey, that's a bogus link.
I touched that link and there are no piktures.

cheguevara
02-07-2006, 11:09 AM
Interesting....

interesting he didn't say TP and TD. Maybe he would like the ball passed to him once in a while :lol

SoCalSpursFan
02-07-2006, 11:10 AM
Dime: If you could have anyone play you in a movie, who would it be?
Tony: Me in a movie? Cuba Gooding.

:lol Come on tony, Cuba Gooding? Haha, I mean, I guess I can't come up with a better one.

The Nash comment is not that far fetched, I mean had he said "Tim and Tony." it would have been kind of a lame answer, I don't blame him, Nash is the MVP.

WalterBenitez
02-07-2006, 11:20 AM
...Maybe he would like the ball passed to him once in a while :lol :rolleyes I see your POINT:lmao

boutons_
02-07-2006, 11:36 AM
DimeMag is for SpursReport.
Does Dime follow the NBA at all? :)

5ToolMan
02-07-2006, 11:37 AM
If you could have anyone play you in a movie, who would it be?

Tony: Me in a movie? Cuba Gooding.

Sounds like Tony is already practicing with "Show me the MONEY" for his next contract negotiation. :smokin

angel_luv
02-07-2006, 12:57 PM
Dime: What movies have you seen recently?
Tony: The last movie I saw was Glory Road. It was very good.

He's right.

Dime: What’s your favorite television show?
Manu: Everybody Loves Raymond.

I really like it too!

Dime: What’s your favorite book?
Manu: Oh, favorite book is easy – I never read twice the same one, but I can say Alive.

Very good article. Thanks for posting!

Quite a recommendation. I'll have to check it out.

Sportman
02-07-2006, 05:48 PM
We can see the differences between manu and tony clearly, manu a normal guy and tony well he would choose to be a celebrity.

zeleni
02-07-2006, 06:17 PM
We can see the differences between manu and tony clearly, manu a normal guy and tony well he would choose to be a celebrity.

I highly doubt anyone who becomes a team god-like sport legend in his country can be also a celebrity. Especialy if almost no one can afford his gear at a massive scale. Manu needs to be normal just to get thru his life.

Parker has no choice. He was celebrity in France the minute he was a NBA starter of a winning club. Now he just entered the global vanity fair.

I really hope they both get along.

HB22inSA
02-07-2006, 06:22 PM
Why do I have the feeling that if Manu told Angel Luv to jump off a bridge she wouldn't hesitate??

1Parker1
02-07-2006, 06:47 PM
Dime: If you could play anyone in the League, past or present, in one-on-one, who would you play?
Tony: Jordan, even though he’d win.

Dime: If you could play anyone in the League, past or present, in one-on-one, who would you play?
Manu Ginolbili: MJ. I know I’m gonna lose, but it’s a challenge.

:lol Great minds think alike.

Sportman
02-07-2006, 07:21 PM
I highly doubt anyone who becomes a team god-like sport legend in his country can be also a celebrity. Especialy if almost no one can afford his gear at a massive scale. Manu needs to be normal just to get thru his life.

Parker has no choice. He was celebrity in France the minute he was a NBA starter of a winning club. Now he just entered the global vanity fair.

I really hope they both get along.

There is a little difference, manu try to live a normal life and tony wants to be more famous :king .............all people can notice that, it´s the reality!!

circles_eternal
02-07-2006, 10:14 PM
Dime: What’s your favorite television show?
Manu: Everybody Loves Raymond.

funny...i`ve always thought that Manu looks kinda like Ray Romano.

maybe it`s just me.

http://espn.go.com/media/pg2/2005/0610/photo/manu_ginobili_3vi.jpg http://tahoecelebritygolf.com/Players/images/romano-ray.jpg

1Parker1
02-07-2006, 10:29 PM
^It's just you. I don't see it :lol

carina_gino20
02-07-2006, 10:57 PM
i googled the book Alive and saw a review of it. I don't know if it's the one Manu mentions but I think it's pretty close since the setting is in the Andes. Here's a link for anyone interested.

http://www.angelfire.com/al2/alivebookreview/

TMTTRIO
02-08-2006, 12:21 AM
Here's another Manu interview I found on his site. Excuse the google translation of it though :lol . Feel free to help translate it better. He does have some interesting things to say. There's too many but here's a couple:

http://argentina.manuginobili.com/

What was first that you thought when you bent to the ankle against Miami Friday (aside from clear pain)?
THAT BAD LUCK! and I thought about the parties that were going to lose, surely, and what it would cost to me to return. Thank heavens that was not as much...

5 How you see yourself after being professional player? Some options: technician, journalist, quinesiólogo-traumatólogo, industralist...
Very graceful by the one of traumatólogo! I see like something type GM of some equipment, leader or owner, but not as equal technician... the time says. Also like industralist.

How it is your relation with the referees after several years in the league?
It was improving with time, like any relation with any person... conocés better, they know you better and begins to have more dialogue and respect.

It bothers to you that some means and rivals accuse to you to flopper?
No, it bothers to me when they do not receive foul to me in attack by the fame that makes me... but to be to flopper, is necessary to be in the place indicated at the indicated moment and that is not bad.

The last one goes like TV producer, jejeje... You watch American? Of being thus, what programs call the attention to you or you like more? You enlisted bad with some, wave of if I am not, grábenmelo that I see it when I return!
No, I did not enlist with any to such point. I do not record anything, except for sometimes "overhaulin" and when I know that there is some interesting note in some channel. To my woman it likes almost all sitcoms, Oprah and some things of that type, so therefore, I also end up watching them often. "Everybody loves Raymond" is my favorite.(so I guess he ended up having to watch Tony on Oprah on Monday :lol )

18- With what things you feel that you could not live (nonpeople)?
No, I believe that she would surprise them but later she would accustom me to all. There is nothing no material that is so determining in my life.

Top 3 of the best moments of your life.
Dificilisimo! My marriage, Gold medal and 2do Championship NBA. But each vacation with my woman is brilliant, each roasted with my friends also, whenever it comes to me to visit my family, but is impossible to say only one!

Your favorite film?
Sixth Capital Sense and Sins.

23- Which are your 3 preferred discs, those that you cansás to never listen?
One is, and later I am made compiled of groups. Or compiled of old, new, slow music, but batteries, nationals, etc. You have gone to recitales? Which was the one that you liked more? I went to several, recently Aerosmith, before Rolling Stones and Depeche Mode. At the one of the Bersuit it arrives late, already finished.

If you did not play in the Spurs, in which another equipment you would like to do it?
Miami or Phoenix, not by the equipment, but because I like the cities

How many children they would like to have and as they would call them?
16, and all names that begin with Q... (to not you return me, crazy person, to see! ; -) ) (I wonder how Many feels about this :wow :lol)

25- Hello Manu, my question is in fact an order. It wanted that you tell the comedian more us than to you it happened playing basquet in some field. Those things that when acordás you do not prune to let to you laugh.
I believe that what more made me laugh within the field year was in my 2do here playing against Portland, lacked 1', was 2 above and took hold the offensive bounce, when me pass Tim to me, like using the possession, threat to throw of 3... To Pop almost we lose it! One almost dies poor, do not know the shout WITH jump that beat! All the bank ing ***reflx mng itself until the party finished. (I don't know quite what it says but it sounds hillarious :lol )

What imaginás doing to you within 10 years?
28+10 = 38... Who knows! Trying to surpass the crisis post retirement :lol , being father and seeing that direction take for the rest of the way, if it is that I do not have it chosen of before.

Which was the joke heavier than you did or they did to you within the sport atmosphere (it can be without giving names)?
No, heavy they have not done to me (that remembers now), the one of the congealed underpants she was already mythical comedian :lol

30- Manu, which had been your reaction if a player seems that he goes to beat a record of points by party, since he did Kobe the other day? How you would feel once concluded the party?
It would try to defend it better! There is no much you can do in addition to that, I do not believe that those of Toronto have very been contentments, but it would not take it like an offense, for nothing!

Which was your first car and what you did with the first pay that you received in ITALY, not It Rioja, that already we know that you bought rowers and the others you kept it and later it does not dress by long short while a pay!
My first car was a Fiat Regatta 91' that I bought it to my papa at the time of Students. By cábala, with the first pay in Reggio Calabria, I bought a pair of rowers, these were worth 30 pesos, not 19 as those of Andean and the rest it keeps it! jeje the good thing is that I continued receiving!

conqueso
02-08-2006, 12:31 AM
Here's another Manu interview I found on his site. Excuse the google translation of it though :lol . Feel free to help translate it better. He does have some interesting things to say. There's too many but here's a couple:

What was first that you thought when you bent to the ankle against Miami Friday (aside from clear pain)?
THAT BAD LUCK! and I thought about the parties that were going to lose, surely, and what it would cost to me to return. Thank heavens that was not as much...

5 How you see yourself after being professional player? Some options: technician, journalist, quinesiólogo-traumatólogo, industralist...
Very graceful by the one of traumatólogo! I see like something type GM of some equipment, leader or owner, but not as equal technician... the time says. Also like industralist.

It was improving with time, like any relation with any person... conocés better, they know you better and begins to have more dialogue and respect.

No, it bothers to me when they do not receive foul to me in attack by the fame that makes me... but to be to flopper, is necessary to be in the place indicated at the indicated moment and that is not bad.

The last one goes like TV producer, jejeje... You watch American? Of being thus, what programs call the attention to you or you like more? You enlisted bad with some, wave of if I am not, grábenmelo that I see it when I return!
No, I did not enlist with any to such point. I do not record anything, except for sometimes "overhaulin" and when I know that there is some interesting note in some channel. To my woman it likes almost all sitcoms, Oprah and some things of that type, so therefore, I also end up watching them often. "Everybody loves Raymond" is my favorite.(so I guess he ended up having to watch Tony on Oprah on Monday :lol )

No, I believe that she would surprise them but later she would accustom me to all. There is nothing no material that is so determining in my life.

Dificilisimo! My marriage, Gold medal and 2do Championship NBA. But each vacation with my woman is brilliant, each roasted with my friends also, whenever it comes to me to visit my family, but is impossible to say only one!

Your favorite film?

One is, and later I am made compiled of groups. Or compiled of old, new, slow music, but batteries, nationals, etc. You have gone to recitales? Which was the one that you liked more? I went to several, recently Aerosmith, before Rolling Stones and Depeche Mode. At the one of the Bersuit it arrives late, already finished.

If you did not play in the Spurs, in which another equipment you would like to do it?

16, and all names that begin with Q... (to not you return me, crazy person, to see! ; -) ) (I wonder how Many feels about this :wow :lol)

25- Hello Manu, my question is in fact an order. It wanted that you tell the comedian more us than to you it happened playing basquet in some field. Those things that when acordás you do not prune to let to you laugh.
I believe that what more made me laugh within the field year was in my 2do here playing against Portland, lacked 1', was 2 above and took hold the offensive bounce, when me pass Tim to me, like using the possession, threat to throw of 3... To Pop almost we lose it! One almost dies poor, do not know the shout WITH jump that beat! All the bank ing ***reflx mng itself until the party finished. (I don't know quite what it says but it sounds hillarious :lol )

28+10 = 38... Who knows! Trying to surpass the crisis post retirement :lol , being father and seeing that direction take for the rest of the way, if it is that I do not have it chosen of before.

Which was the joke heavier than you did or they did to you within the sport atmosphere (it can be without giving names)?
No, heavy they have not done to me (that remembers now), the one of the congealed underpants she was already mythical comedian :lol

30- Manu, which had been your reaction if a player seems that he goes to beat a record of points by party, since he did Kobe the other day? How you would feel once concluded the party?
It would try to defend it better! There is no much you can do in addition to that, I do not believe that those of Toronto have very been contentments, but it would not take it like an offense, for nothing!

Which was your first car and what you did with the first pay that you received in ITALY, not It Rioja, that already we know that you bought rowers and the others you kept it and later it does not dress by long short while a pay!
My first car was a Fiat Regatta 91' that I bought it to my papa at the time of Students. By cábala, with the first pay in Reggio Calabria, I bought a pair of rowers, these were worth 30 pesos, not 19 as those of Andean and the rest it keeps it! jeje the good thing is that I continued receiving!

Could someone translate that into English for me please?

Dre_7
02-08-2006, 06:39 AM

Your favorite film?

Ducks is prolly in heaven reading that interview! :lol

WalterBenitez
02-08-2006, 07:02 AM
Could someone translate that into English for me please? Yeah, not easy to read

WalterBenitez
02-08-2006, 07:13 AM
09 - Question by NACHOT: Is really Boykins so short?

Answer by Manu: Yes, very short and veryyyyyyy fast.

33- Question by Florcis: I always have the same doubt in my head ... What was the first thing that Pop told you the very first time he meet you?

Answer by Manu: Hi, Nice to meet you, I'm Pop :lol

spurschick
02-08-2006, 08:40 AM
i googled the book Alive and saw a review of it. I don't know if it's the one Manu mentions but I think it's pretty close since the setting is in the Andes. Here's a link for anyone interested.

If I remember correctly, it's about survivors of a plane crash that end up having to eat the dead in order to survive. Nice choice of reading material there, Manu. :lol

vanvannen
02-08-2006, 08:57 AM
If I remember correctly, it's about survivors of a plane crash that end up having to eat the dead in order to survive. Nice choice of reading material there, Manu. :lol

You are right on the money. It's a true story about a rugby team from Uruguay. The movie was pretty famous at the time featuring Ethan Hawke as the main character. The plane crashed in the Andes and though they were very close to the Argentinean border they walked the opposite way and ended up almost crossing the Andes. Some of them survived, as you said, eating the dead.

spurschick
02-08-2006, 09:10 AM
Like I said... interesting choice of reading material during a road trip that involves a lot of plane time. Manu is probably looking around the plane at who he would eat first.

smeagol
02-08-2006, 10:01 AM
One of the best books I have ever read.

The movie is good too.

Phenomanul
02-08-2006, 10:03 AM
Like I said... interesting choice of reading material during a road trip that involves a lot of plane time. Manu is probably looking around the plane at who he would eat first.

:lol :lol

Tony... cause he's the ballhog.... mmmmm tasty French cuisine...

Pistons < Spurs
02-08-2006, 10:09 AM

Agreed. This is indeed a great book.

leemajors
02-08-2006, 10:22 AM

The movie is good too.

i'll check the book out sometime, the movie was really good. i don't know if you're interested, but Mr. Show lampooned it in hilarious fashion. (i know the subject is not laughing matter)

abelle23
02-08-2006, 10:28 AM

:rollin :rollin

angel_luv
02-08-2006, 11:02 AM
I went to several, recently Aerosmith, before Rolling Stones and Depeche Mode. At the one of the Bersuit it arrives late, already finished.

Silver/Black and I were at the same concert as Gino. :D Robert Horry too.

Difficult! My marriage, Gold medal and two Nba Championships. But each vacation with my woman is brilliant, each roasted with my friends also, whenever it comes to me to visit my family, but is impossible to say only one!

Awwwwwww!

angel_luv
02-08-2006, 11:09 AM
If I remember correctly, it's about survivors of a plane crash that end up having to eat the dead in order to survive. Nice choice of reading material there, Manu.

Ew!

cheguevara
02-08-2006, 12:16 PM
Ew!

since u seem interested. The first part of the body they start eating is the buttcheeks :lol

angel_luv
02-08-2006, 12:26 PM
Mystery solved- no point in reading the book now. :D

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-08-2006, 12:31 PM

This is why Holt's cheap ass needs to break down and fill those last two roster spots with some scrubs. Most Spurs would like to think they are too civilized to think this but be honest, if the Spurs plane went down in the Rockies would you be more upset if you found out they had to eat Tony Parker or Alex Scales?

Slomo
02-08-2006, 12:52 PM
This is why Holt's cheap ass needs to break down and fill those last two roster spots with some scrubs. Most Spurs would like to think they are too civilized to think this but be honest, if the Spurs plane went down in the Rockies would you be more upset if you found out they had to eat Tony Parker or Alex Scales?:lmao

Journalist: So Pop, what's the deal with the two chubby guys at the end of the bench?