PDA

View Full Version : Bwa hahahahahahahaha!

Solid D
02-07-2006, 08:17 PM
http://espn.go.com/media/nba/2005/1222/photo/pj1962wphoto.jpg

And this guy thought the Spurs coaches were the Simulator Crew?

ShoogarBear
02-07-2006, 08:19 PM
You have to remember that George Mikan was big back in those days.

E20
02-07-2006, 09:40 PM
I am pretty confident in those days I would make the NBA as of RIGHT NOW and average like 90 points a game.

MI21
02-07-2006, 10:20 PM
I am pretty confident in those days I would make the NBA as of RIGHT NOW and average like 90 points a game.

:lol

If anyone gets the chance to see some really old NBA highlights, check out the dribbling. Beno would be the #1 ballhandler in the league.

ShoogarBear
02-07-2006, 11:26 PM
I am pretty confident in those days I would make the NBA as of RIGHT NOW and average like 90 points a game.So you're better than Wilt Chamberlain, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, Walt Frazier, John Havlicek, and Elgin Baylor?

xcoriate
02-08-2006, 05:52 AM
I don't know about E20...

but I am :p

BAGUIO_BOYKR
02-08-2006, 06:01 AM
Hahahahahaha!is That Okay?

polandprzem
02-08-2006, 07:06 AM

You kidding right?

I mean you may be good but the basketball in the times of Mikan was not that bad.

I'm pretty confident that Mikan or Pettit would score on you in will. Try to get through the Sharman, try to outdribble Cousy.
Arizin would score above you you wouldn't know.
And it ewas the begining of the leauge.

Have you heard about Neil Johntson? He would eat you on breakfast :smokin

jochhejaam
02-08-2006, 08:32 AM
:lol

If anyone gets the chance to see some really old NBA highlights, check out the dribbling. Beno would be the #1 ballhandler in the league.
No crossover, no behind the back or between the legs...but no palming or carrying either.

polandprzem
02-08-2006, 09:05 AM
No crossover, no behind the back or between the legs..

Ohh you are wrong

Solid D
02-08-2006, 09:14 AM
No crossover, no behind the back or between the legs...

Except for Bob Cousy or Hot Rod Hundley (voice of the Utah Jazz) or, of course Goose Tatum and Meadowlark Lemon.

polandprzem
02-08-2006, 09:41 AM
Mikan had a fantasy in him also. I saw im passing between thhe legs also.
have yopu seen the highlights from the first ASG?

Some realy good plays were back then.

Sec24Row7
02-08-2006, 12:02 PM
ASG has always been trick moves and passes.

People back then sucked compared to the athletes now.

Any team in the league today could beat every single one of Mikan's teams 10 out of 10 times.

Darrin
02-08-2006, 12:04 PM
Every game has evolved. Culturally, we evolve allowing more various races into the game. Scientifically, we have evolved to understand what kind of injuries result in each game, and what preventative measures can be taken to avoid those type of injuries. The arenas, the pre-game show, television - it may seem like a different game, but looking back just helps you understand why a portion of society acts the way that it does.

Saying "oh, they weren't basketball players" is like saying "Oh, John Glenn wasn't an astronaut."

ShoogarBear
02-08-2006, 12:08 PM
You kidding right?

I mean you may be good but the basketball in the times of Mikan was not that bad.

I'm pretty confident that Mikan or Pettit would score on you in will. Try to get through the Sharman, try to outdribble Cousy.
Arizin would score above you you wouldn't know.
And it ewas the begining of the leauge.

Have you heard about Neil Johntson? He would eat you on breakfast :smokin
Hokey Smokes. Poland is OWNING this thread. 90% of the U.S. posters couldn't name Paul Arizin or Neil Johnston.

polandprzem
02-08-2006, 12:15 PM
ASG has always been trick moves and passes.

People back then sucked compared to the athletes now.

Any team in the league today could beat every single one of Mikan's teams 10 out of 10 times.

Yup it was always abuot fun.

As Globtrotters.

But NBA players could do behind the back pass and so on. Cousy was the one who doesn't turn the ball over so much.

As for the Mikans team this is completaly true. But even now I think that the Chamberlain - West - baylor tro would lose the 10 out of 10 games with the team from now. Is't just years in making the basketball and players better.

Give Mikan all what the sportsmans nowdays have. The training, the comfort , the nutricion, the medicine (mikan had major problems with injuries) all that stuff and you would see him in a diffrent light.
He was strong, he was great shotblocker, and was very mobile, fighter with charisma. You don't see it very often in the center position. He was dominating in offense - hook shots from every position (Not like Chamberlain who had just few post very effective moves).

I'm telling ya - Miikan is the man!

polandprzem
02-08-2006, 12:17 PM
Hokey Smokes. Poland is OWNING this thread. 90% of the U.S. posters couldn't name Paul Arizin or Neil Johnston.
Hey - Shoogie. This are very well known names.

Anybody heard about Stokes? One of the most amazing talent in NBA history?

FromWayDowntown
02-08-2006, 12:53 PM
Anybody heard about Stokes? One of the most amazing talent in NBA history?

Yeah. I had been tempted to try to compare E20 to Maurice Stokes, but couldn't come up with good enough metaphorical smack to prop Stokes appropriately. Maurice Stokes is one of the great and tragic stories in sports history.

Anyone who doesn't know Stokes' story should learn it, pronto.

Solid D
02-08-2006, 01:49 PM
I didn't watch Mikan as a kid. My love for basketball started with Cousy. He was one of the few who dribbled or shot with either hand equally well. I think it was because he broke his arm as a kid and was forced to play with his left hand.

In the 60's, behind the back and between the legs were "showboat" moves, or "Globetrotter" moves (I loved the Globetrotters as a little kid). I dribbled behind my back in a game in 8th grade once and my coach pulled me out, and that was in the later 60s. Cousy and Haynes were models for today's ballhandling.

Thank you, Bob Cousy, Marques Haynes, Curley Neal, Earl Monroe, Pete Maravich, and others for encouraging kids to be creative and to let it flow, as long as it helped the team.

cheguevara
02-08-2006, 01:51 PM

you would make the NBA as a waterboy, hey you might even qualify as a waterboy these days too. They're always in need of a confident waterboy

Mixability
02-08-2006, 02:24 PM

:rolleyes

:lmao

polandprzem
02-08-2006, 02:37 PM
I didn't watch Mikan as a kid. My love for basketball started with Cousy. He was one of the few who dribbled or shot with either hand equally well. I think it was because he broke his arm as a kid and was forced to play with his left hand.

In the 60's, behind the back and between the legs were "showboat" moves, or "Globetrotter" moves (I loved the Globetrotters as a little kid). I dribbled behind my back in a game in 8th grade once and my coach pulled me out, and that was in the later 60s. Cousy and Haynes were models for today's ballhandling.

Thank you, Bob Cousy, Marques Haynes, Curley Neal, Earl Monroe, Pete Maravich, and others for encouraging kids to be creative and to let it flow, as long as it helped the team.

Wow Solid.
I wish I had seen Cousey more. Not just that highlights and some moves by him.

I can't remember the times of sixtees and seventees cause I started being an NBA fan in 1995. Ofcourdse I have some games from the '70 for example the Knick beating the lakers trio - the last game when Frazier went nust and Reed was unable to contribute. The Barry finals game - man he has got skills and talent. Ofcourse late celtics (Cowens havlicek) and other.
But you lived in that times and thats beautifull (hehe). I know them from the articles and the written words. :(

I wish I could say. Yes my granchild I saw Tim Duncan in action. Man he was amazing!