PDA

View Full Version : eHarmony???

Phenomanul
02-07-2006, 08:22 PM
Who here has tried eHarmony....

1. If you tried it would you be completely honest?
2. Consider its subscribers as 'pathetic'
3. Recognize that times are changing and that the internet is a legit place to search/find a soul mate.
4. Do you think it is a bunch of baloney...

Any thoughts????

CharlieMac
02-07-2006, 08:24 PM
I met my wife in a Yahoo Chat room 5 years ago. We're cool.

SpursWoman
02-08-2006, 06:51 AM
User & I met here. :makeout

easjer
02-08-2006, 09:53 AM
Hubby and I met in person, but I know people who have met online and had amazing long lasting (so far anyway) relationships. I know I've got dear, dear friends I've met through the internet - one of which I didn't meet in person until she came down from Canada to perform our wedding ceremony.

So I believe it can happen, but like any other foundation for a relationship, has to be based on honesty and trust. And too many people use the internet as a place to hide, so their profiles are inaccurate and they adopt personas and different traits that they deem to be more attractive than their real selves. No relationship will survive a fundamental deception of personality at that early stage.

midgetonadonkey
02-08-2006, 10:31 AM
I met my girlfriend online and we've been together for 5 1/2 years now. We didn't use eHarmony, we met in a chat room.

pache100
02-08-2006, 10:35 AM
I dated a guy who responded to a personal ad I placed several years ago (before the advent of internet dating). We went together for 2 1/2 years.

FRITO BANDITO
02-08-2006, 01:47 PM
Who here has tried eHarmony....

1. If you tried it would you be completely honest?
2. Consider its subscribers as 'pathetic'
3. Recognize that times are changing and that the internet is a legit place to search/find a soul mate.
4. Do you think it is a bunch of baloney...

Any thoughts????

1. jes i tried it once
2. jes..i was pretty pathetic
3. she let me buy her fritos and walked under the strz
4. baloney with fritos tastes good

any thoughts? .....i think i will take your fritos tonight when you are sleeping....

CharlieMac
02-08-2006, 06:12 PM
I met my girlfriend online and we've been together for 5 1/2 years now. We didn't use eHarmony, we met in a chat room.

Yeah pardner. You know it turns out we lived blocks from each other the whole time.

Kori Ellis
02-08-2006, 06:14 PM
There's a lot of happy couples here in the forum that met online (including LJ and I -- we met at SpursReport).

So to answer your question, I think eHarmony is a legit place to meet people. Yes, I think you should be truthful, but also be prepared that not everyone is.

Good luck and have fun.

T Park
02-08-2006, 06:34 PM
I haven't done it yet, but my best buddy is marrying someone he met through Match.com.

SHes a great woman and it seems fine to me.

IMO, better than a bar or club.

Definately alot more sanitary.

hussker
02-08-2006, 06:35 PM
My wife and I met on a harmless chat...and things blossomed right after BOTH of us had given up on dating/relationships and CERTAINLY marriage.

It worked for us. The problem (I believe) is that in most cases, the person on line is not likely the same in person. Gee, I am sure THAT is no revelation!

Bottom line...be careful. You can certainly PROJECT your own emotion in on-line "stuff" and get really disappointed/hurt if not cautious.

Have a great time and good luck!

Phenomanul
02-08-2006, 07:28 PM
I tried it today (and was completely truthful)... and apparently ahem.... The system only found 5 matches in the entire country!!!! :lol

Don't know if I'm being too stringent and inflexible.

Anyways, I guess it will make decision making easier... :spin

Well, nuff said I have to answer some questions sent in by person behind door number 3. :smokin

SpursWoman
02-08-2006, 07:39 PM
MAYBE...but not on an internet dating service

There are thousands of people out there that would vehemently disagree with you, thank goodness. :)

SpursWoman
02-08-2006, 07:44 PM
?

I'm just curious why you'd say not on the internet ... or is that just the dating services?

hussker
02-08-2006, 07:51 PM
or a DurrDurr...

toilet paper roll you say "DURR DURR DURR" through...(Learned that from Barney with my kids.

MannyIsGod
02-08-2006, 08:11 PM
Don't worry about what makes you look pathetic or not. Many people on here who are in the best relationships of their lives have met through the internet. Jess had a boss who met her fiance through Eharmony, but she was a royal bitch and her fiance was nice from my understanding so beware. :lol

HB22inSA
02-08-2006, 08:16 PM
There's a lot of happy couples here in the forum that met online (including LJ and I -- we met at SpursReport).

So if it wasn't for Dusty...???

hmmmm...

N.Y. Johnny
02-08-2006, 09:12 PM
I meet lovely girls online, its called www.Craigslist.com

SpursWoman
02-08-2006, 09:16 PM
And it's funny ... like somehow there are no schitzo-lying-freak-alcoholic-cleptomaniacs that frequent bars & clubs...the cool place to meet someone...they are only on the internet. Where you are. :lol

SpursWoman
02-08-2006, 09:17 PM
I meet lovely girls online, its called www.Craigslist.com

Trying to unload your used furniture? :lol :lol

N.Y. Johnny
02-08-2006, 09:51 PM
And it's funny ... like somehow there are no schitzo-lying-freak-alcoholic-cleptomaniacs that frequent bars & clubs...the cool place to meet someone...they are only on the internet. Where you are. :lol

the girls i've meet on the Internet are sweet and have been good.

one girl I met and married from Hooters just fits that criteria there. :lmao