PDA

View Full Version : Kenyon to NY? and other NBA rumors...

milkyway21
02-08-2006, 12:01 AM
i cannot believe this. Kenyon being shopped?

Isiah Thomas is committed to revamping the Knicks' roster by the Feb. 23 trading deadline and is considering making a bid for Denver power forward Kenyon Martin. According to a league source, the Nuggets are shopping Martin. -- New York Daily News

The Knicks were chatting with the Magic and Nuggets about a trade involving Steve Francis, who would go to Denver while the Knicks would have gotten Earl Watson to play the point. It's not clear whom the Knicks would have had to surrender. More intriguing is the possibility that Francis could end up with the Knicks, either in a deal that would include Stephon Marbury or possibly to play alongside him. Nothing can be ruled out. -- Newark Star-Ledger

Another persistent rumor has the Knicks finally unloading Penny Hardaway's expiring $15.75 million contract on Seattle for Reggie Evans, Flip Murray and Vitaly Potapenko. -- Detroit News

Bobcats coach Bernie Bickerstaff told the Charlotte Observer that he has talked to the Sonics about acquiring Reggie Evans, but said Seattle was asking for too much in exchange. The Sonics need backcourt help and are believed to be interested in Kareem Rush. -- Seattle Times

Several media outlets reported that the Cavs and Bulls were in talks about a trade involving Drew Gooden on Monday. League insiders said the Cavs have made calls around the league to gauge Gooden's value but they are not in any active trade thoughts. -- Akron Beacon Journal

Former Mavs coach Don Nelson has shot a pilot for an untitled television movie, a comedy, about an expansion basketball team named the San Diego Stingrays. George Clooney is the producer and is trying to sell it to HBO or Showtime. -- Detroit News

Stephon Marbury spoke glowingly yesterday of what it will be like to play with new Knicks teammate Jalen Rose, but that's not likely to happen anytime soon. The point guard, who has been hampered by a sprained left shoulder, sounded resigned to the notion that he would be best served to sit out until after the All-Star break against the Heat on Feb. 22. -- New York Post

If Stephon Marbury has to sit out until after the break, it would further reduce the possibility of his being traded before the Feb. 23 deadline. But a league official who has had recent conversations with Isiah Thomas said the Knicks are considering trading any player on their roster except Eddy Curry. -- Newark Star-Ledger

(poor Malik:cry )

Larry Brown indicated that about half of the Knicks' younger players would receive significant playing time, with the rest playing infrequently, if at all. Eddy Curry and Qyntel Woods will be playing consistently, as will the rookie Channing Frye. Among those playing less will be rookies Nate Robinson and David Lee, as well as Trevor Ariza. -- New York Times

Though Pat Riley wouldn't mind playing Alonzo Mourning more, even if it means less time for Shaquille O'Neal, he said Mourning's stamina probably wouldn't allow it. ''You've got to be realistic,'' Riley said. "Zo gets tired. He lays it all out there. In six, eight or nine minutes, you could tell.'' -- Miami Herald

A report tagged Suns President and General Manager Bryan Colangelo as the top target in Toronto's general manager search, but Colangelo said he fully plans on remaining in Phoenix. -- Arizona Republic

Steve Nash never left his house between Saturday's Suns win and Monday's loss to Minnesota, missing a practice and a shootaround with the flu. -- Arizona Republic

After Raja Bell clapped in front of Kevin Garnett over a foul call Monday, Garnett reciprocated with the clapping face to face. It was a double technical, but it was all part of the unraveling of Garnett, who never took another third-quarter shot. -- Arizona Republic

After 148 consecutive starts, the Mike Dunleavy Jr. Era is officially on hiatus. One game after Dunleavy received a last-second reprieve from reserve duty, he came off the bench Monday night for the first time since Feb.28, 2004, with Mickael Pietrus taking over his spot in the starting lineup. -- Oakland Tribune

Wally Szczerbiak has been bothered by soreness in his left knee, which was scoped nine years ago. ''I don't know what's going on," said Szczerbiak, who will likely have the joint examined. ''I felt it catch a few times, little pops or something. It's cartilage. I had cartilage removed nine years ago. It's just been swelling a little bit on me, so we'll see." -- Boston Globe

Watching executive director of basketball operations Danny Ainge make another midseason move as the Celtics struggle, Antoine Walker felt for Paul Pierce. The two have not talked much since Walker departed for Miami in a sign-and-trade Aug. 2, 2005. In fact, Pierce did not call Walker when the Celtics arrived in Miami because he wanted to keep the game ''all business." -- Boston Globe

The Nuggets feel they could have gotten a second-round steal in Axel Hervelle. The Belgian forward is still quite raw, averaging 8.8 points and 5.2 rebounds with Real Madrid. Expect him to spend at least another year in Spain. -- Denver Post

Yesterday, in a story in The Oklahoman newspaper, Hornets coach Byron Scott used words like "mutiny" and "betrayed," saying he would have quit the Nets before last season anyway because of a deteriorating relationship with the players. -- New York Post

Asked about Byron Scott's comment, Jason Kidd said Scott's firing was the right thing for the Nets to do. "There was no mutiny," Kidd said. "Everyone has a different story about whose fault it was, but ... I think the numbers speak for themselves. Lawrence (Frank) goes on and wins 13 1/2 games in a row." -- Newark Star-Ledger

The Hawks took a major hit when point guard Tyronn Lue sprained the medial collateral ligament in his right knee during Monday's practice. Lue, the Hawks only veteran point guard, will be out four to six weeks. -- Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Pistons coach Flip Saunders intends to cut back on some of the starters' minutes, particularly for Chauncey Billups, who has a sore finger and sore thigh. That's why there is a good chance Lindsey Hunter will be activated tonight at Atlanta, and why Dale Davis will log more minutes. -- Detroit Free Press

Wizards guard-forward Jared Jeffries, who had started 44 of a possible 45 games this season, was a late scratch. But the injury, which has officially been described as a lower back contusion, is serious. -- Washington Post

The 76ers and Hornets agreed to extend the deadline to finalize the trade for center Steven Hunter from yesterday at 5 p.m. until noon today. Hunter was traded to the Hornets on Wednesday for two second-round picks. The deadline could continue to be extended until the Feb. 23 trading deadline. -- Philadelphia Inquirer

The manner in which Deron Williams sprained his left ankle Monday night had to be embarrassingly painful for the Utah Jazz rookie. During the Jazz's warm-up, about an hour before the start of the Bulls' 109-107 overtime loss, the former Illinois star stepped on a ballboy's foot, a teammate said. -- Chicago Tribune

A deep thigh bruise left Chris Duhon on the Bulls' bench in street clothes and walking gingerly Monday against the Jazz. -- Chicago Tribune

Pacers forward Austin Croshere will miss at least the next three games while he recovers from his second concussion in a month. Croshere, who had never suffered a concussion before last month, attended Saturday's game against Detroit but had a difficult time focusing in midst of the bright lights and noise. -- Indianapolis Star

Rookie forward Ronny Turiaf will officially receive his work visa today and is eligible to play tonight for the Lakers. Turiaf, a French citizen who signed with the Lakers on Jan. 17, has not been able to play because he has only a student visa. -- Los Angeles Times

Samuel Dalembert said it is too early to make a commitment, but the 76ers center is considering playing for Canada's Olympic basketball team. Born in Haiti, Dalembert says he is eligible to play for Canada because his mother, Yurose Raymond, is a Canadian citizen. Dalembert said that Canadian Olympic coach Leo Rautins, a former Sixer, has approached him about the idea of playing in the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. -- Philadelphia Inquirer

Luke Jackson is the latest Cavaliers player to go down with an injury. Jackson will miss six to eight weeks with a broken left wrist on his shooting hand. Jackson suffered the injury during the Cavs' loss to Philadelphia last Saturday. -- Cleveland Plain Dealer

ShoogarBear
02-08-2006, 12:08 AM
More intriguing is the possibility that Francis could end up with the Knicks, either in a deal that would include Stephon Marbury or possibly to play alongside him.
Oh. My. God.

I'd have to buy a ticket to a game at MSG just to see that disaster.

On the positive side, the Knicks' defense should improve by playing Marbury and Francis together, since there would be no reason to have the other three guys on the offensive end of the court.

Guru of Nothing
02-08-2006, 12:09 AM
The Knicks were chatting with the Magic and Nuggets about a trade involving Steve Francis, who would go to Denver while the Knicks would have gotten Earl Watson to play the point. It's not clear whom the Knicks would have had to surrender. More intriguing is the possibility that Francis could end up with the Knicks, either in a deal that would include Stephon Marbury or possibly to play alongside him. Nothing can be ruled out. -- Newark Star-Ledger

Tug-o-War anyone?

TDMVPDPOY
02-08-2006, 12:17 AM
So does that mean channin frye rice is up on the market???

And gooden traded?? there goes the cavs frontcourt.

Despot
02-08-2006, 12:17 AM
Isiah Thomas said the Knicks are considering trading any player on their roster except Eddy Curry.

Does that mean that Curry will be the one to be traded??

ShoogarBear
02-08-2006, 12:18 AM
Does that mean that Curry will be the one to be traded??CIA Zeke :smokin

baseline bum
02-08-2006, 12:21 AM
The Knicks disgust me. They should be trying to build in the only way possible for them right now: the draft. They can't try to go the Lakers route and sign a franchise guy like Jerry West did with Shaq since their cap situation is so screwed. Even then, the Lakers still built through trading for the pick that became Kobe Bryant, and in drafting Eddie Jones and Nick Van Exel.

The only trades the Knicks should even think about doing are for young prospects or for franchise guys. Garnett is the only veteran I would trade for if I was New York. Isiah has them stuck in a situation where a 6 or 7 seed is a best-case scenario with all the asinine trades he keeps making. Their only hope is to make careful draft picks and hope things work out like they did for the Suns (getting both Marion and Stoudemire with #9 picks is sick).

baseline bum
02-08-2006, 12:25 AM
So does that mean channin frye rice is up on the market???

And gooden traded?? there goes the cavs frontcourt.

Gooden strikes me as a guy who's only good when paired with LeBron (like Boozer was). If he didn't have LeBron feeding him wide open shots and layups he'd be an Olowokandi-esque bust.

milkyway21
02-08-2006, 12:27 AM
i think NY shld try KG.

it will end their long jouney of winless games.

that is if Marbury / KG can still "play" together and forget about the past.

the only problem is: KG's reluctance to go to a busy city such as NY.

Despot
02-08-2006, 12:28 AM
How does Isiah NOT get fired?? Does he think Kenyon is the answer??? They are beyond hope, even if they somehow became a playoff team, they wouldn't be able to stay togethor, fire zeke and rebuild!

Despot
02-08-2006, 12:33 AM
Knicks Salaries (http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/new_york.htm)

Utterly ridiculous.

Isiah Thomas
02-08-2006, 12:36 AM
How does Isiah NOT get fired?? Does he think Kenyon is the answer??? They are beyond hope, even if they somehow became a playoff team, they wouldn't be able to stay togethor, fire zeke and rebuild!

Go to hell jackass, without me your precious Spurs have a tougher time being a champion, and you people would still eat at Malik's Philly's Famous. Listen to this lineup Stephon Marbury, Steve Francis, Eddy Curry, Earl Watson, Mehmet Okur. I know this will work because it went 82-0 on NBA Live. The pieces are falling into place and soon you will all bow to the greatness of the Isiah Knicks. That's right I'm changing the name too.

Despot
02-08-2006, 12:43 AM
Go to hell jackass, without me your precious Spurs have a tougher time being a champion, and you people would still eat at Malik's Philly's Famous. Listen to this lineup Stephon Marbury, Steve Francis, Eddy Curry, Earl Watson, Mehmet Okur. I know this will work because it went 82-0 on NBA Live. The pieces are falling into place and soon you will all bow to the greatness of the Isiah Knicks. That's right I'm changing the name too.

:lmao

I think we have milked you for all we can, however u never cease to amaze me. Hey, Rasho had two great games back 2 back.

TDMVPDPOY
02-08-2006, 12:44 AM
if i was the knicks, and minnesota wanted fryerice part of the deal i do it imo.

curry+KG frontcourt, all u need is to build around them.

baseline bum
02-08-2006, 12:45 AM
Knicks Salaries (http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/new_york.htm)

Utterly ridiculous.

Basically, the Knicks are paying out $189.9 million for their roster this year when you factor in the luxury tax. :wow

So far they're on pace for $7.75 million per win.

The Spurs pay about $1.02 million per win
The Pistons $858,000 per win

Trainwreck2100
02-08-2006, 12:53 AM
I think we have milked you for all we can, however u never cease to amaze me. Hey, Rasho had two great games back 2 back.

That's a good plan

milkyway21
02-08-2006, 01:02 AM
Go to hell jackass, without me your precious Spurs have a tougher time being a champion, and you people would still eat at Malik's Philly's Famous. Listen to this lineup Stephon Marbury, Steve Francis, Eddy Curry, Earl Watson, Mehmet Okur. I know this will work because it went 82-0 on NBA Live. The pieces are falling into place and soon you will all bow to the greatness of the Isiah Knicks. That's right I'm changing the name too.amen. :angel

why Mehmet Okur's name in the roster?

BTW, though the Knicks are at the bottom of the seedings right now, I don't think it's a hopeless case for Brown & NY.
You sometimes played hard, scoring neck to neck with some opponents then in most of the games you fell short to get the win.

There's just something there missing...

Isiah Thomas
02-08-2006, 01:17 AM
amen. :angel

why Mehmet Okur's name in the roster?

BTW, though the Knicks are at the bottom of the seedings right now, I don't think it's a hopeless case for Brown & NY.
You sometimes played hard, scoring neck to neck with some opponents then in most of the games you fell short to get the win.

There's just something there missing...

Why Okur, why not, he has schooled your precious Spurs on two different occasions, as well as the Pistons. Plus, we need a white guy.

Rummpd
02-08-2006, 07:04 AM
Whatever Isiah does is out of desperation = there is no plan there just money to waste.

If I was a GM on other line would pounce on him again. He is just a terrible GM period.

Darrin
02-08-2006, 10:55 AM
I am so tired of talking about the Knicks. They suck and they're spending a lot of money. So is every other team in the New York greater area (Yankees are exempt from the conversation, they actually do build a winner).

When Thomas stops spending money, clears his roster for cap space and draft picks like he should have three years ago, then post a rumor. Until then, nothing with change. They are irrelevant and this will continue to go on the more we talk about them.