PDA

View Full Version : Nash will Compete against LeBron & Wade in Skill Challenge

milkyway21
02-08-2006, 03:20 AM
Field Set for PlayStation® Skills Challenge

NEW YORK, Feb. 7, 2006 – The star-studded field for the 2006 PlayStation® Skills Challenge features the contest’s defending champion and 2004-05 NBA MVP Steve Nash of the Phoenix Suns, the Cleveland Cavaliers’ LeBron James, rookie Chris Paul of the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets and Dwyane Wade of the Miami Heat. The event will be held on NBA All-Star Saturday Night presented by AOL, Feb. 18 at the Toyota Center in Houston.
Having debuted during NBA All-Star 2003 in Atlanta, the fast-paced event features four players competing in a two-round timed “obstacle course” consisting of dribbling, passing and shooting stations. All players must observe basic NBA ball-handling rules while completing the course. The two players with the fastest times from the first round advance to the finals with the order of competition determined by inverse order of the first round times.

Nash, a four-time All-Star, currently leads the league in assists with 11.1 per game. James, the youngest player in NBA history to reach 5,000 career points (21 years, 22 days on Jan. 21, 2006) is averaging an impressive 30.9 points, 6.5 assists and 6.9 rebounds. Paul, a three-time 2005-06 T-Mobile Western Conference Rookie of the Month leads all rookies in most categories, including points (16.3 ppg), assists (7.8 apg) and steals (2.2 spg). Wade, recently named a starter for the 2006 Eastern Conference All-Star Team, is averaging 27.0 points, 6.9 assists and 2.0 steals.

The PlayStation Skills Challenge will be televised live nationally as part of the NBA All-Star Saturday Night presented by AOL, which will also feature the Foot Locker Three-Point Shootout, Sprite Rising Stars Slam Dunk and RadioShack Shooting Stars. TNT and ESPN Radio’s national coverage will begin at 8 p.m. EST from the Toyota Center. The NBA All-Star Game on Sunday, Feb. 19, will air live on TNT, Rogers Sportsnet and ESPN Radio at 8 p.m. EST. The game will also be telecast in 215 countries and broadcast in audio in several languages on NBA.com.

About Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.

Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. continues to redefine the entertainment lifestyle with its PlayStation® and PS one™ game console, the PlayStation® 2 computer entertainment system and the PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) system. The PlayStation® 2 computer entertainment system is set to revolutionize the home entertainment market, offering the most compelling interactive content and the capability to be used as a network terminal in the coming broadband era. PSP is a new portable entertainment system that allows users to enjoy 3D games, with high-quality full-motion video, and high-fidelity stereo audio.

Recognized as the undisputed industry leader, Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. markets the PlayStation family of products and develops, publishes, markets and distributes software for the PS one game console, the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system and the PSP entertainment system for the North American market. Based in Foster City, Calif. Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. serves as headquarters for all North American operations and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

PLAYSTATION SKILLS CHALLENGE YEAR-BY-YEAR WINNERS

2003 – Jason Kidd, New Jersey
2004 – Baron Davis, New Orleans
2005 – Steve Nash, Phoenix

2006 PLAYSTATION SKILLS CHALLENGE COMPETITORS
Player Team Pos. Ht. Wt.
LeBron James Cleveland Cavaliers G 6-8 240
Steve Nash Phoenix Suns G 6-3 195
Chris Paul New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets G 6-0 175
Dwyane Wade Miami Heat G 6-4 212

................I don't know who to cheer for.

LeBron? but also like Wade. Then, there's Paul.:D

TDMVPDPOY
02-08-2006, 03:30 AM
i gtg cheer for paul, the rest i hate with a passion

Kobayagi
02-08-2006, 03:33 AM
I hope Paul gets it. :)

polandprzem
02-08-2006, 07:11 AM
NAsh or paul.

LeBron? Is that a mistake? The guy is not half that fast on the short distanse Nash and Paul are.
Will see

ducks
02-08-2006, 08:39 AM
james says ok for this after he realized he made the mistake sayign no to dunk contest

lilmads
02-08-2006, 09:09 AM
Tough pick... I hope Wade wins it

MrChug
02-08-2006, 09:13 AM
I want Wade to win.
It'd be neat if Paul won.
Nash is the favorite to win it.
...Lebron WILL win it. His length will make up for the long stride to the hoop and shave a whole second off his time.

cheguevara
02-08-2006, 10:47 AM
it'd be interesting to see Wade in it. i think he's gonna lose badly vs. the competition.

ca®lo
02-08-2006, 12:53 PM
james will have no chance in the skills challenge against nash

cheguevara
02-08-2006, 12:56 PM
I think nash>>>>Paul>>James>>>Wade in skills challenge

rayray2k8
02-08-2006, 04:36 PM
nash baby!
sadly, I wish lebron and wade would of choosen to be in the dunk contest. This is not their where they belong, its for PG who cant dunk! and why is lebron in this anyway? Hes a horrible dribbler :bang

CharlieMac
02-08-2006, 06:17 PM
Nash is going to own.

leemajors
02-08-2006, 06:19 PM
skills contest is lame, it's like a dog and pony show...

TexasAggie2005
02-08-2006, 07:47 PM
james says ok for this after he realized he made the mistake sayign no to dunk contest

LeBron's not in the dunk contest because he's scared he might lose. He's in this because he's not allowed to say no.

tlongII
02-08-2006, 07:55 PM
Should be interesting. I will watch it.

Medvedenko
02-08-2006, 08:21 PM
If Kobe was in it, it would be over before it was started.

JamStone
02-08-2006, 10:28 PM
I agree with the notion that Kobe would win if he were in it.

I would put my money on the rookie. Nash might have a more polished set of skills right now, but I like Paul's quickness and competitiveness.