PDA

View Full Version : As liberal Democrat Calls For Special Prosecutor On Iraq, Democrats Duck

Nbadan
02-08-2006, 03:03 PM
http://www.seiu3.org/images/conyers.jpg

John Byrne
Published: February 8, 2006

Rep. John Conyers (D-MI)NEWS ANALYSIS

Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), the feisty septuagenarian congressman who serves as the ranking Democrat on the House Judiciary Committee will issue yet another missive to Attorney General Alberto Gonzales later this week calling for the appointment of a special prosecutor to investigate possible criminal misconduct in regard to the Bush Administration's march to war in Iraq.

Just three other Democrats have signed Conyers' letter: Reps. Bernie Sanders (D-VT), Maurice Hinchey (D-NY) and Susan Davis (D-CA).
Advertisement

Conyers' move comes on the heels of yet another British memorandum showing that President Bush had conspired with Prime Minister Tony Blair to set a fixed date for war before even bringing Iraq to the United Nations. The memo also asserts that Bush had proposed a plan to paint a U.S. spyplane with UN markings and use it to attempt to lure Saddam Hussein into war.

What's striking isn't that Conyers is calling on Gonzales to appoint a special prosecutor. He's done it before, and he'd likely do it again. But his decision to take public action to seek a Justice Department investigation of pre-war policy and manipulation of the press has met resounding silence among his Democratic Party.

Not all the Democratic Party, but certainly all the Democratic Party Leaders. Maybe this is why Senator Christopher J. Dodd of Connecticut recently gave this assessment of the Democratic Party health...

Asked to describe the health of the Democratic Party, Senator Christopher J. Dodd of Connecticut, the former chairman of the Democratic National Committee, said: "A lot worse than it should be. This has not been a very good two months."

"We seem to be losing our voice when it comes to the basic things people worry about," Mr. Dodd said.

NY TIMES (http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/08/politics/08dems.html?th&emc=th)

Time for the Democrats to light a fire under their asses.

George W Bush
02-08-2006, 03:08 PM
what did you expect lutenant Nbadan?
He tried to kill my daddy.
That deserves freedom spreading if you ask me.

Oh, Gee!!
02-08-2006, 03:29 PM
Dems are in trouble

Mr. Peabody
02-08-2006, 03:52 PM
Dems are in trouble

Not only that, but I read that John Kerry is going to run again in 2008.

What a disaster! :lol

http://www.addamsfamily.com/addams/lurch4.jpg

2008????

xrayzebra
02-08-2006, 04:32 PM
The dimm-o-craps have lite a fire under their ass. Now they are trying to figure
out how to put it out. They like many on this board have shown their true colors.
Screw the USA so long as we get back control.

George W Bush
02-08-2006, 04:42 PM
The dimm-o-craps have lite a fire under their ass. Now they are trying to figure
out how to put it out. They like many on this board have shown their true colors.

Who is this xrayzebra? I don't much like xray's. Last time I got an xray it showed I had no brain. People made fun of me.
Zebras are ok, I got a few at my ranch in Crawford , Texas. They usually mean no harm, altough I did get in a fight with one before a long time ago,
what can I say, I won.
I later found out it was just an armadilla with stripes.

Screw the USA

What do you think I been doin' all this time? This is something that my administration is very serious about. And by the way, we are very serious about it. Thanks for your support xrayhorsy.

God Bless America :tu

Nbadan
02-08-2006, 04:43 PM
Will media cover Vets' Rally w/Kerry-Clark-Cleland the way they did Karl Rove at the Federalists' Society?

All the cable networks covered Rove's speech then and again at another conservative meeting.

Cspan isn't even carrying a Campaign rally for over FIFTY Dem candidates, ALL veterans, with accomplished Dem leaders rallying with them.

THIS is how the GOP controls the media storylines. Media doesn't cover the Dem events that make BushInc and the GOP look weak.

You never saw the news coverage in August 2004 of Kerry taking down the Swiftliars in a speech at the Firefighters' Convention, did you? No...... All those firefighters with Kerry.....that would make the Bushboy look too bad.

The NATIONAL MEDIA is the communications arm of BushInc and we need to expose it.

This is just another example.

xrayzebra
02-08-2006, 04:45 PM
Agree with the last statement: "God Bless America".

JoeChalupa
02-08-2006, 04:48 PM
The democratic party will rise again!!! Oh yeah baby!!!

Bring it on!!! You are with us, or against us!!!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

George W Bush
02-08-2006, 04:49 PM
If Karl Rove is around, someone please find him.
We have to wiretap that Chalupa. And that's the last time I eat mexican food.

God Bless America :tu

Nbadan
02-08-2006, 05:04 PM
The good news is, is that as long as W's around and Rove is intimidating the GOP loyalists, the Demos are the only real alternative. Even long time ARCH-conservative donor Richard Mellon Scaife appears to be turning against the WH in what's being called 'the Murtha effect'.

What makes this so significant is not the Tribune-Review's reach (circulation 102,000) but its provenance. It's part of a seven-paper chain that is published -- and controlled -- by Richard Mellon Scaife, the arch-conservative icon who has donated so much money to conservative causes and institutions that the Washington Post dubbed him the "Funding Father of the Right."

Since Murtha's emergence as a critic of the war, Scaife's flagship paper has been critical of his stance, mirroring the White House talking point that withdrawal will only "embolden America's terrorist enemies."

Then came Murtha's appearance on "60 Minutes," in which he powerfully made the case that Iraq is not now a war against terror (if it ever was one) but has become a civil war -- a civil war that our presence is only exacerbating.

Two days later, the Tribune-Review abruptly changed course. "We didn't agree with Jack Murtha in November when he called for an immediate withdrawal of United States forces from Iraq. The timing wasn't right. But times have changed... This is not retreat. This is not cut-and-run. This is a recognition of the reality in Iraq -- one that has evolved into an Iraqi problem that only the Iraqis now can solve."

Murtha's ability to coalesce concerns conservatives are already having and move the needle on Iraq is one of the reasons the White House is so worried and trying to define opposition to the war as "isolationism." If Murtha can peel off a die-hard conservative like Scaife, how many hundreds of thousands -- millions? -- of Republicans are on the verge of abandoning the president on his signature initiative?

HUFFINGTON POST (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/arianna-huffington/the-murtha-effect-why-re_b_15262.html)

Dos
02-08-2006, 05:33 PM
umm the democratic party is dead.. unless it moves to the center again...

George W Bush
02-08-2006, 06:57 PM
umm the democratic party is dead.

Huh? we bombed them foolish dems already? I missed it.