PDA

View Full Version : Mark Cuban on Phil Jackson: "I own him."

SoCalSpursFan
02-08-2006, 08:49 PM
I own Phil Jackson. Not literally of course. That thrill belongs to the smartest businesswoman in professional sports, Jeannie Buss. Figuratively however, the coach formerly known as the Zen Master must now be considered my bucket boy. -Mark Cuban

I'm sure most of you have seen this but for those of you who havn't you have to check it out...

Despite loathing the Mavs, every year Cuban always does something to make me laugh, especially when it involves the Lakers...

Cuban OWNS Jackson...The Article (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2323199)

Marklar MM
02-08-2006, 08:52 PM
I wonder what Phil will say as a rebuttle. HMMMM!!!

"He who crows the loudest, eats the most crow."

Does that fit into this fight. That was one of Jacksons commercial things.

Oh, Gee!!
02-08-2006, 08:55 PM
Cuban is a moron

carina_gino20
02-08-2006, 08:58 PM
"Of course I don't truly believe that I own Phil. But that won't prevent me from walking up to him and saying 'Boo' to see if he jumps, just to find out for sure."

:lmao

mavsfan1000
02-08-2006, 09:06 PM
Cuban is a moron
:flipoff

ZStomp
02-08-2006, 09:06 PM
I've never liked Cuban.

SouthernFried
02-08-2006, 09:07 PM
Phil is most overrated coach ever...

mavsfan1000
02-08-2006, 09:10 PM
Phil is the biggest arrogant prick ever. He thinks he's God. Gotta love that prolonged timeout at the end after the lakers got owned by the mavs.

missmyzte
02-08-2006, 09:12 PM
So, how many rings does Cuban have? And how many does Jackson have?

Keep dreaming Cuban.

SpursWoman
02-08-2006, 09:22 PM
:lol @ Cuban

Retard.

Willinsa
02-08-2006, 09:25 PM
Cuban is a homo. :lol

exstatic
02-08-2006, 09:34 PM
Phil Jackass 9
Cubes 0

Ownership

mavsfan1000
02-08-2006, 09:36 PM
I can't believe spurs fans are defending Jackson. did I step into a lakers board or all the lakers fans are now on the spurs bandwagon?

ZStomp
02-08-2006, 09:42 PM
Who's defending Jackson?

Peeps in here are just saying that Cuban sucks too.

Willinsa
02-08-2006, 09:42 PM
I think Cuban is a joke, and I hate him more than Jackson.

Also remember as mentioned earlier, the Mavs have 0 titles.

exstatic
02-08-2006, 09:43 PM
Now that the Fakeshow is past the championship shine, Phil isn't so annoying. Cubes will ALWAYS be the annoying rich prick.

Willinsa
02-08-2006, 09:45 PM
Now that the Fakeshow is past the championship shine, Phil isn't so annoying. Cubes will ALWAYS be the annoying rich prick.

So TRUE.

ABDENOUR POWER
02-08-2006, 09:59 PM
Cuban and Jackson are both morons.

TDMVPDPOY
02-08-2006, 10:03 PM
both have one thing in common, both are fags

DDS4
02-08-2006, 10:06 PM
Cuban and Jackson are both morons.

2nd. Egomaniacs.

picnroll
So, how many rings does Cuban have? And how many does Jackson have?

Keep dreaming Cuban.

Cuban has two .... nipple rings.

bdubya

...to win nine titles.

Cuban, OTOH, is just a sad and sorry little man (and he thinks Kobe leads the league in t's? I WISH). :lol

picnroll
02-08-2006, 10:08 PM
On a scale of suckage, 1 being least 10 being most, Jackson is a 10 while Cuban is a 1,000,000.

cheguevara
02-08-2006, 10:13 PM
Jackson must be an asshole, but he knows basketball. Cuban is a fucking retarded looking millionare, he knows business, but he knows jack shit about basketball. He will never get a ring unless he buys one.

LilMissSPURfect
02-08-2006, 10:15 PM
wtf cares tell em both to get a room!

SequSpur
02-08-2006, 10:17 PM
WHO

GIVES

A

SHIT

!!!!!!!!!!

ZStomp
02-08-2006, 10:21 PM
WHO

GIVES

A

SHIT

!!!!!!!!!!

Best post in here.

mavsfan1000
02-08-2006, 10:48 PM
Why all the Cuban hate? He defends his team which he should do. Jackson just thinks he's above all. Jackson wouldn't have any rings either if he didn't have 2 of the best duo combos of all time.

yeahone
02-08-2006, 10:52 PM
haha
great subplot by ackson know his team cant beat Mavericks

phyzik
02-08-2006, 10:53 PM
Personally, I thought it was pretty funny even though I hate his guts.

Willinsa
02-08-2006, 10:53 PM
Why all the Cuban hate? He defends his team which he should do. Jackson just thinks he's above all. Jackson wouldn't have any rings either if he didn't have 2 of the best duo combos of all time.

Cuban does not know jack about BB, he makes a jackass out of himself very easily. Plus he always wears those gay looking shirts.

Mavs and cuban both suck.

Medvedenko
02-08-2006, 10:55 PM
Yes the Lakers lost to the hot Mavs...about time they beat a .500 team like the lakers...
9 rings to 0....head to head is not even close over the years, plus it's like comparing a WNBA franchise the Lakers...seriously though, I met Cuban in Toronto last year and he's a pretty down to earth guy, but goofy looking.

Budkin
02-08-2006, 11:19 PM
This is like the ultimate battle of the crybabies... :baby

Kori Ellis
02-08-2006, 11:22 PM
The fan comments to Cuban's blogs are funny.

Especially the one that asks him to post a picture of the Mavs' Championship trophies when he has a chance. :lol

Spurs16212
02-08-2006, 11:31 PM
I agree SequSpur!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spurs=bling
02-08-2006, 11:38 PM

Especially the one that asks him to post a picture of the Mavs' Championship trophies when he has a chance. :lol

:lmao :lmao :lmao

with that post on his own blog, he got :owned

CubanMustGo
02-08-2006, 11:54 PM
Phil Jackson is a whiner who has won nine championships.
Mark Cueball is a whiner.

aaronstampler
02-09-2006, 12:51 AM
Phil may be an arrogant, pompous, hypocritical ass, but at least he's not a dork. So he's got that going for him.

Some day, some person needs to go up to Cuban, some person who's opinion he respects, and just needs to tell him, "Dude, you are SUCH a fucking dork."

Then again, he's a billionaire, and I'm a guy ripping him on a message board. So I have no point.

CharlieMac
02-09-2006, 01:22 AM
Gotta be careful about who you claim to own.

SoCalSpursFan
02-09-2006, 03:46 AM
Phil won't say anything about this...

...til he writes his next book.

milkyway21
02-09-2006, 03:52 AM
Cuban is alive again?

last season it was against the Minnesota Timberwolves. Then came that long debate by e-mail vs Barkley & Co.about the Mavs' lack of defense or something.

Now against Phil Jackson. Does Cuban have friends in the league?

chill.

MajicMan
02-09-2006, 06:23 AM
Kobe/Phil > Mavs
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/eldrunko247/35413025532copy.jpg

Shiner Bock Girl
02-09-2006, 10:05 AM
Phil's comments...

Jackson shrugs off Cuban's comments
Wire Reports - Comtex AP
Thursday, February 09, 2006
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5318026

Los Angeles Lakers coach Phil Jackson laughed off Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban's claim that Jackson "must now be considered my bucket boy."

The comments were posted on Cuban's Web log - under the heading "I Own Phil Jackson" - on Wednesday, the day after the Mavericks beat the Lakers 102-87 in Dallas.

"It's just fun to have Mark in the league," Jackson said with a wry smile before the Lakers played the Rockets on Wednesday night.

In Dallas, the Lakers deliberately took back-to-back delay of game penalties and got a technical foul in the fourth quarter. After the game, Jackson implied that NBA referees are intimidated by Cuban.

"I know there's a lot of pressure on the refs when they come here, because Mark has them review the tapes and send them into the league," Jackson said. "And these guys are nervous Nellies when they come in to referee in this building. But they have to do a better job than they're doing. That's not acceptable."

Cuban responded in his blog: "For whatever reason, I have gotten to Phil so completely and thoroughly that every time he comes to Dallas, he has to offer unsolicited comments about me to the media.

"I wonder if he dreams about me the nights he spends here in Dallas. OK, I don't wonder. I'm curious about it."

On Wednesday, Jackson again accused Cuban of trying to sway officials.

"I think we all know what's happened around the league since Mark has picked up that franchise," Jackson said. "He's done a great job of bringing attendance to the club, he's hired former NBA referees to monitor the game tapes. He sends out a weekly report on referees.

"There are some things that Mark has done to turn it a little bit in his favor. And that's good. He's trying to do everything he can to sally up points."

Cuban, who said what he wrote was "all tongue in cheek," scoffed at the notion that he could have more influence on a game than a coach could.

"But if Phil wants to think so, I'm fine with that," Cuban wrote. "That's what happens when you own someone, they can't get you out of their head, and they don't often think, speak or act rationally."

pache100
02-09-2006, 10:42 AM

http://i1.tinypic.com/nfjt4n.gif

Cuban is a moron

http://i1.tinypic.com/nfjtaf.gif

http://i1.tinypic.com/nfjtcj.gif to both of you!

2xspursx2
02-09-2006, 12:23 PM
cuban is the mosy cry babyish owner!he always finds reason to stir up drama like the foul sitation.notice mavs getting favored calls since that though so his theory worked.but what i find funny is dont laker's own mavs this is the 1st game in ages they beat the laker's and laker's wereb w/o a couple starter's.thats not something i would brag about.

Walton Buys Off Me
02-09-2006, 12:30 PM
I'm not a huge Phil Jackson fan but can somebody explain to me why Mark Cuban's name is even being mentioned in the same sentence as one of the most successful coaches in the history of professional sports?

Jimcs50
02-09-2006, 12:56 PM
I'm not a huge Phil Jackson fan but can somebody explain to me why Mark Cuban's name is even being mentioned in the same sentence as one of the most successful coaches in the history of professional sports?

Because Phil starts the war, that is why.

Mixability
02-09-2006, 02:08 PM

Cause your owner is a moron with no hardware. Just because you made it to the Confernece Finals doesn't mean shit, especially since you got KERR'ed. Shaq and Kobe were beat by the Spurs in 99, but then Jackson came along and got them 3 straight. I'd guess Shaq and Kobe would have rings without Phil. :shootme

rayray2k8
02-09-2006, 02:18 PM
WHO

GIVES

A

SHIT

!!!!!!!!!!

I second that

SouthernFried
02-09-2006, 02:22 PM
Phil's coaching philosophy in Chicago..."give it to Mike"

Phil's coaching philosophy in LA..."Give it to Kobe."

Phils coaching philosophy for the rest of the NBA. "If you ain't got Mike or Kobe...I can't coach."

Most overrated coach in NBA history.

But, he's probably the smartest ;)

mavsfan1000
02-09-2006, 03:00 PM
Hey Phil Jackass started this shit. Mark Cuban though got the last laugh. :flipoff Phil

1Parker1
02-09-2006, 05:28 PM

:lmao :lmao That is too funny.

1Parker1
02-09-2006, 05:30 PM
Phil's coaching philosophy in Chicago..."give it to Mike"

Phil's coaching philosophy in LA..."Give it to Kobe."

Phils coaching philosophy for the rest of the NBA. "If you ain't got Mike or Kobe...I can't coach."

How many rings you think Pop would have if he didn't have Tim Duncan? None of those players won anything before PJ. I never understood that argument against him.

SouthernFried
02-09-2006, 05:43 PM
How many rings you think Pop would have if he didn't have Tony Parker and Manu? Players that coaches like Phil Jackson wouldn't look twice at. Do you think PJ would have worked Tony and Manu like Pop did? Not on your life. PJ doesn't coach.

And to you point...PJ never won anything, without those players. Jackson needed Michael, Kobe, Shaq...much more than they needed him. Jacksons best, and only coaching philosophy...is to let Michael and Kobe shoot the ball.

My pet dachsund could do that.

1Parker1
02-09-2006, 05:51 PM
How many rings you think Pop would have if he didn't have Tony Parker and Manu? Players that coaches like Phil Jackson wouldn't look twice at.

:wtf Where do you get that PJ would never look twice at players like Parker and Manu? PJ is not the general manager of the Lakers, nor is he their scouting manager. He is not the one that goes out and recruits players for drafts or makes trades happen (Well, at least not fully responsible).

My point still stands, to win a championship you need to have great players, but also great coaching. Just look at the Sixers, you'd think that a team with Andre Igodala, AI, and Webber wouldn't struggle so much to be barely .500. They have great players, but how many rings do they have? How much success? You don't think coaching has anything to do with that?

You can't hold the very fact that just because PJ got to coach and win rings with arguably some of the top 3 players in NBA history against him. 9 rings is 9 rings in my book, any way you look at it.

mavsfan1000
02-09-2006, 05:56 PM
Phil Jackson is way overrated as a coach.

1Parker1
02-09-2006, 06:02 PM

:tu Excellent Analysis, genius.

ajh18
02-09-2006, 07:21 PM
Phil's best skill is that he knows how to play head games. He knows how to convince his own players that they're going to win, he's a calming inluence that manages personalities well, and he keeps it simple. When you have the best talent in the league, that adds up to wins. He also knows how to work the officials and other player/coaches to his own advantage. I don't think he's a particularly good talent evaluator, x's and o's guy, or drafter, but he knows his strengths and plays to them.

Cuban annoys me sometimes, but you gotta love anyone who wil go back and forth with big chief triangle and get under his skin. theyre both annoying, let them complain and fight for our entertainment.

exstatic
02-09-2006, 07:41 PM
"I wonder if he dreams about me the nights he spends here in Dallas. OK, I don't wonder. I'm curious about it."

Um, Mark? Your gay is showing...

MajicMan
02-09-2006, 09:12 PM

Dallas homers think their team is a defensive team. Dallas defense is overrated. 9 rings biatchhh. Dallas 0
Kobe 62 Dallas 61

mavsfan1000
02-09-2006, 09:34 PM
Um, Mark? Your gay is showing...
That was being funny. I can understand it because Phil was talking shit to Cuban. This was just Mark's reaction to the retarded comments by Phil Jackson.

T Park
02-09-2006, 09:54 PM
mark's retarded comments? I agree.

Cuban needs to shut the pie hole, write the checks, and sit the fuck down.

mavsfan1000
02-09-2006, 09:58 PM
There should've been a thread called Phil's comments on Cuban. Phil is a paranoid shit. He thinks the refs are out to get him.

MajicMan
02-09-2006, 10:04 PM
Cuban is such a loser trying to give high five to the players. They just ignore his monkey ass.

CubanMustGo
02-10-2006, 09:15 AM
Phil is a paranoid shit. He thinks the refs are out to get him.

:s/Phil/Cuban/

Mixability
02-10-2006, 12:20 PM
How many rings you think Pop would have if he didn't have Tim Duncan? None of those players won anything before PJ. I never understood that argument against him.

Some people don't know how to read:

Spurs with Pop/Tim/DRob > Lakers with Kobe/Shaq

Lakers with Phil/Shaq/Kobe> Spurs with Pop/Tim/DRob

Spurs with Pop/Tim/Manu/Tony > Lakers with Phil/Shaq/Kobe

Lakers with Phil/Shaq/Kobe/Karl/Gary/0.4 :angel > Spurs with Pop/Tim/Manu/Tony

Spurs with Pop/Tim/Manu/Tony >>>>>>>>>>>>> Lakers with Phil/Kobe

get the picture? Coaches make a difference. I thought everyone knew this.