View Full Version : Brownie To Testify Before Senate Panel

Nbadan
02-10-2006, 03:35 AM
http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/p/f/bush_brown_medal.gif
Good Job, Brownie!

By Spencer S. Hsu
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, February 10, 2006; Page A07

Michael D. Brown, the former head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, was rebuffed in his request for a claim of executive privilege and plans to testify to a Senate panel today about his calls and e-mails to President Bush and top White House aides in the Hurricane Katrina crisis, Brown's lawyer said yesterday.

White House Counsel Harriet Miers declined to offer Brown a legal defense for declining to testify or respond to a Feb. 6 letter advising that without such protection Brown "intends to answer all questions fully, completely and accurately," said Brown's lawyer, Andrew W. Lester.

Michael D. Brown, former director of FEMA, has said through his lawyer that he will testify about communications with a number of White House officials.

Lester wrote that Brown will testify if asked about communications with Bush, Vice President Cheney, Chief of Staff Andrew H. Card Jr., Deputy Chief of Staff Karl Rove, Deputy Chief of Staff Joseph Hagin, domestic policy adviser Claude A. Allen and national security adviser Stephen J. Hadley.

Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/09/AR2006020901983.html)

Oh. this should be good.

:hat

boutons_
02-10-2006, 06:29 AM
Forced out by the WH, and now denied Exec privilege, he could want revenge.

His problem is that he is an incompetent Repug political operative, so everybody knows he'll be lying.

George W Bush
02-10-2006, 09:18 AM
Heck of a job Brownie :tu

Mike D.Brown
02-10-2006, 11:21 AM
I'll do my best to avoid another disaster Mr. President.

George W Bush
02-10-2006, 12:25 PM
I'll do my best to avoid another disaster Mr. President.

How do you prevent me?

xrayzebra
02-10-2006, 03:41 PM
How do you prevent me?

Vote for a dimm-o-crap, which I'm sure you do two or three times each
election. Meanwhile we (the Republicans) will just keep getting our
folks elected. But you only have a little over two years to worry about
some one carrying you on their a$$.

:elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant