PDA

View Full Version : "Such an honor"

Frenchise player
02-10-2006, 06:20 AM
February 10, 2005

« Such an honor »

Tony, it is official, you will participate in the All Star Game in Houston on February 19.

It is such an honor. I understood that I did something big when I talked to my little brother Pierre on the phone. He could not stop screaming. As for my dad, he could not contain his tears. He was crying. When I see how my family and friends reacted, I sincerely realized that this All Star Game selection is important. Everyone is excited. Frankly, it is an extremely strong feeling. It is difficult to get a spot in the game. You know that a lot of player deserve to go while the coaches make the decisions, it is simply fabulous.

What was your reaction to the news ?

It was my agent, Mark Fleisher, who told me the news prior to the Toronto game on Wednesday. I did not express my joy, was inside me. I was happy and proud. It is a dream comes true. Since I play in the NBA, my objective was to participate one day in the All Star Game. I have had many successes with the Spurs with the two NBA Champion titles, but nothing on the personal side. This All Star Game was the ultimate goal. I was a bit disappointed last year not to be selected to this basketball feast especially since Tim (Duncan), Manu (Ginobili) and the Spurs staff were there. This absence was a great source of motivation for me this year.

Another objective set. Following the 2001 draft, a starter after five games, and two NBA rings, you are now considerate amongst the best player in the NBA.

I could not have imagined a better road. This is beyond my expectation and hopes. I have always put objectives in front of me but to reach them in less than five years is a bit crazy. I am on cloud 9. I will continue to dream until the end of my career and take advantage of it to the fullest. Once again, once this is all done I will be able to look back upon what I did.

You did everything to participate in this game. As you repeated on numerous occasions since the beginning of the season, you were on a mission.

I wanted to be recognized through my performances, to show that I could be an All Star. It was important for me to reach this status as it has been two seasons that I was averaging 15 points and 5 assists. It is now done, and I am very grateful for the coaches decisions.

How far do you want to go ?

I must fix myself new objectives when my head will be clear. What is certain is that you must be hungry to move forward and at 23 and I am still hungry. My only limit is the injury but I need not to think about it. Now that I am amongst the best players in the league, I can ask myself the following question: do I want to move higher and become the best point guard in the NBA ? By working hard and keeping this mentality, everything can happen.

You have celebrated your All star Game selection with style by scoring 32 points and distributing 13 assists against Toronto…

I have no choice but to confirm my new status. Now I know that all the guards while be running after me to prove something. I have applied myself throughout this game to play well and carry the team especially since we were without Tim Duncan. It was important to play a big game in his absence.

WalterBenitez
02-10-2006, 06:56 AM
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ... TP
:elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

I was a bit disappointed last year not to be selected to this basketball feast especially since Tim (Duncan), Manu (Ginobili) and the Spurs staff were there. This absence was a great source of motivation for me this year.

That's what define a Champ, be ready the kid wanna be the best PG of the league :elephant

TDMVPDPOY
02-10-2006, 07:28 AM
why does tp get his own thread when its nothing important?

Kori Ellis
02-10-2006, 07:42 AM

Why don't you STFU with all your hate? It's tiresome.

hendrix
02-10-2006, 08:07 AM
I guess he's done with TV appereances now.

abelle23
02-10-2006, 08:08 AM
props to TP ...he really deserved it this year :spin

lilmads
02-10-2006, 09:19 AM
Parker worked really hard. He proved himself this year. It's great to see that he hasn't developed an ego about it either. He still wants to work harder and harder and be the best PG possible. :)

leonarth
02-10-2006, 09:32 AM
he really deserved his contract :)

Jason Who ? :elephant :elephant :elephant

France is proud of you TP and will watch this ASG in the middle of the night.

SouthernFried
02-10-2006, 09:43 AM
I have a new goal for him.

Championship MVP

TwoHandJam
02-10-2006, 09:44 AM
TP deserves his props. Well done.

pache100
02-10-2006, 09:48 AM
Go, Tony, Go! Show them what you got at the AllStar game!

http://i1.tinypic.com/ngqz6g.gif

JUUOT
02-10-2006, 09:53 AM
i did not think it would be such a big deal, but it was a special moment when i saw is name. It was just a special moment. I am so happy for him. It is an amazing acheivment!!! But you know what guys? the more i listen and i follow him the more i know this is just one step on the road and that he wants a lot more and will acheive a lot more. I hope Spurs will be his playground for a long time!!!

It is good to be a french spurs fan

Vive tony, vive les spurs!

thispego
02-10-2006, 10:11 AM
Now that I am amongst the best players in the league, I can ask myself the following question: do I want to move higher and become the best point guard in the NBA ? By working hard and keeping this mentality, everything can happen.

Mixability
02-10-2006, 11:20 AM

Why don't you STFU with all your hate? It's tiresome.

:tu

Why do you reply to a thread when your opinion is nothing important.

Sportman
02-10-2006, 11:31 AM
The only i want, it´s that TONY doesnt forget he still plays in a TEAM, where there are other PLAYERS who want to get a new championship, too.

pache100
02-10-2006, 11:34 AM
The only i want, it´s that TONY doesnt forget he still plays in a TEAM, where there are other PLAYERS who want to get a new championship, too.

Tony is not playing like he has forgotten anything.

BlueShark#6
02-10-2006, 02:03 PM
Tony is having his best season so far...well deserved spot on the allstar team.

Manu20
02-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Props to Parker!

DDS4
02-10-2006, 03:28 PM
I guess all those years Pop yelling at him paid off.

Sportman
02-10-2006, 04:05 PM
Tony is not playing like he has forgotten anything.

I want to see that during the PLAYOFFS.

pache100
02-10-2006, 04:08 PM
I want to see that during the PLAYOFFS.

Ok. I'll put it on the calendar. In ink.

rascal
02-10-2006, 05:32 PM
Why do you seemed surprised with Tony making the all star game? I said the first week of the season he was going to make it and Manu wasn't.

SequSpur
02-10-2006, 07:10 PM
Why do you seemed surprised with Tony making the all star game? I said the first week of the season he was going to make it and Manu wasn't.

yeah.... no shit.....

Most of these posters ride the short bus anyway.

1Parker1
02-10-2006, 07:15 PM
Most of these posters ride the short bus anyway.

Too easy.

Leetonidas
02-10-2006, 08:19 PM
Too easy.

I don't make fun of people I don't have problems with, but that thought ran through my head. :lol

ShoogarBear
02-10-2006, 08:24 PM
Too easy.Still, it's good practice.