PDA

View Full Version : After feb 22nd, TP needs to move on

adrien
02-10-2006, 11:14 AM
I am so glad for TP and I understand that this ASG means so much for him.

Nevertheless I feel a bit concerned when he says that he "must fix (his)self new objectives when (his) head will be clear". The guy never mentions the NBA title. I know it was a very important goal for him but he must not forget that a lot of players have made the ASG (no Frenchman though), but not a lot of them have won 3 NBA titles before their 24th Birthday. So if you need to find a new goal TP, after feb 22nd, you can start to behave more collective.

Don't misunderstand me. As a Frenchman, I am so proud of him. But I wonder if our TP is not becoming a little too self-interested. I hope I'm wrong ...

Anyway, I will always support you TP ! :fro

ZStomp
02-10-2006, 11:18 AM
:wtf

adrien
02-10-2006, 11:27 AM
What does :wtf mean ?

pache100
02-10-2006, 11:27 AM
What does :wtf mean ?

smiconconfused

Me, too. :depressed

Bruno
02-10-2006, 11:29 AM
He has known just before the Raptors games that he will ba allstar this year.
I haven't found that he has played this game without motivation. :lol

Don't worry and enjoy the ASG.

boutons_
02-10-2006, 11:30 AM
"The guy never mentions the NBA title."

because it goes without saying? (for most of us, anyway :lol )

nkdlunch
02-10-2006, 11:35 AM
I'm not worried, I'm sure he wants a title as bad as ever, if not TD, Manu and Pop will smack him to remind him.

lilmads
02-10-2006, 11:38 AM
^
Exactly.

TDMVPDPOY
02-10-2006, 11:43 AM
His goin to pull a dissappearing act after the trade deadline no more pressure to play hard.

adrien
02-10-2006, 11:43 AM
"The guy never mentions the NBA title."

because it goes without saying? (for most of us, anyway :lol )

I'm not worried, I'm sure he wants a title as bad as ever, if not TD, Manu and Pop will smack him to remind him.

Hope you guys are right. TP has always been a competitor.

GoSpurs21
02-10-2006, 11:46 AM
I am so glad for TP and I understand that this ASG means so much for him.

Nevertheless I feel a bit concerned when he says that he "must fix (his)self new objectives when (his) head will be clear". The guy never mentions the NBA title. I know it was a very important goal for him but he must not forget that a lot of players have made the ASG (no Frenchman though), but not a lot of them have won 3 NBA titles before their 24th Birthday. So if you need to find a new goal TP, after feb 22nd, you can start to behave more collective.

Don't misunderstand me. As a Frenchman, I am so proud of him. But I wonder if our TP is not becoming a little too self-interested. I hope I'm wrong ...

Anyway, I will always support you TP ! :froI personally dont need to here Tony say what his goals are. What he does on the court is enough. I just hope that all the hollywood bullshit he is going through lately doesnt distract him during the season and playoffs.

His goin to pull a dissappearing act after the trade deadline no more pressure to play hard.we are talking about Tony Parker not Malik Rose.

leemajors
02-10-2006, 11:48 AM
His goin to pull a dissappearing act after the trade deadline no more pressure to play hard.

you're an idiot, plain and simple. san antonio is not going to trade an all-star point guard. you're the one who needs to pull a disappearing act after your predictions parker would not be an all star.

FromWayDowntown
02-10-2006, 12:04 PM
Why the focus on Tony's commitment to winning? I don't see anything in Tony's play that suggests to me that he's about anything other than winning. I think making the All-Star team, as a personal goal, was perfectly in line with a desire to win -- if Tony plays well enough to make the All-Star team, the Spurs will win a lot of games. If Tony plays like an All-Star through the remainder of this season and into the playoffs, the Spurs will have an excellent chance to win a championship, which is all that you can ask.

The assumption that Tony only cares about himself and not about his team or his teammates is offensive to me. I'm sure making the All-Star team was a goal for Manu, too, but nobody worried about whether Manu would lose his focus or desire after making the All-Star team last year. Why is it different with Parker? Why is it that Tony Parker still doesn't have the respect of so many Spurs fans? What more do you want from this kid?

adrien
02-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Why the focus on Tony's commitment to winning? I don't see anything in Tony's play that suggests to me that he's about anything other than winning. I think making the All-Star team, as a personal goal, was perfectly in line with a desire to win -- if Tony plays well enough to make the All-Star team, the Spurs will win a lot of games. If Tony plays like an All-Star through the remainder of this season and into the playoffs, the Spurs will have an excellent chance to win a championship, which is all that you can ask.

The assumption that Tony only cares about himself and not about his team or his teammates is offensive to me. I'm sure making the All-Star team was a goal for Manu, too, but nobody worried about whether Manu would lose his focus or desire after making the All-Star team last year. Why is it different with Parker? Why is it that Tony Parker still doesn't have the respect of so many Spurs fans? What more do you want from this kid?

Don't want more but don't want less. There are just some of his statements that worry me that's all. The Hollywood BS worries me too. As one of his biggest fans, I just hope all these issues wont affect his game...

Obviously, he managed to deal with it for the moment... :smokin

Spurminator
02-10-2006, 12:21 PM
The "Hollywood BS" has been going on for over a year now and he's having his best season ever. I think your concerns are unwarranted.

This summer people worried about Tony playing on the French national team. They worried about him spending too much time with Eva. Now they're worried about him not being a team player... How many times does this kid have to prove you all wrong before you stop worrying?

pache100
02-10-2006, 12:24 PM
Don't want more but don't want less. There are just some of his statements that worry me that's all. The Hollywood BS worries me too. As one of his biggest fans, I just hope all these issues wont affect his game...

Obviously, he managed to deal with it for the moment... :smokin

Why don't you wait until he's producing "less" then, before you start talking trash about him. There is no "Hollywood BS". And you can stop worrying about what you perceive he's saying. Tony Parker is one of the most humble and least self-centered men you are going to find in the NBA. He's in a good environment, with good leadership and comraderie. Quit inventing trouble where there is none. True fans do not do that.

Mixability
02-10-2006, 12:25 PM

you're seriously a fucking moron.....

adrien
02-10-2006, 12:34 PM
True fans do not do that.

Being a fan does not mean I can't worry. Maybe I'm just afraid that my favourite player may decline soon, which I sincirely hope and kind of think he won't

Why don't you wait until he's producing "less" then, before you start talking trash about him

I'm just bringing some issues that can be taken into account. That's what "Spurstalk" is all about.

pache100
02-10-2006, 12:39 PM
I'm just bringing some issues that can be taken into account. That's what "Spurstalk" is all about.

I know. And I'm answering. That's what "Spurstalk" is all about.

nkdlunch
02-10-2006, 12:44 PM

dude can I ask why u hate TP so much?

adrien
02-10-2006, 12:45 PM

Interesting...

FromWayDowntown
02-10-2006, 12:52 PM
Being a fan does not mean I can't worry. Maybe I'm just afraid that my favourite player may decline soon, which I sincirely hope and kind of think he won't

My question is why do you assume that he might? Why not believe that he won't decline? Again, nobody worried last year about whether Manu would decline after making the All-Star team. Why is it different with Tony?

The degree of distrust for Tony Parker, despite the annual progress of his game, is absolutely amazing around here. I understand that Tony has struggled in the playoffs and that when Tony has been neutralized, the Spurs have lost. But you know, Tony has grown his game to address the things that teams do to neutralize him, and through that process, he's become an All-Star. He's gone out to make himself better after winning championships, getting a big contract, dating a Hollywood diva, and gaining worldwide celebrity. Do you really think that making the All-Star team is the one last thing that it will take for Tony to completely shut it down and stop working to get bettern and play hard?

pache100
02-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Interesting...

So...let me get this straight. What YOU think is "what Spurstalk is all about". But, what I think, because I disagree with you, is "interesting". It's about what adrien thinks...not about give and take.

Got it. :rolleyes

sprrs
02-10-2006, 01:03 PM

Patience isn't exactly common when it comes to sports. Why do you think there's all this talk about finding a long three to replace Bowen while he's still here? It's just a discussion about a possible reason for worry.

pache100
02-10-2006, 01:04 PM
Patience isn't exactly common when it comes to sports. Why do you think there's all this talk about finding a long three to replace Bowen while he's still here? It's just a discussion about a possible reason for worry.

And *I* (among others, apparently) don't think there IS a reason to worry. What about that do you not get? The person who's worried gets to "discuss" but the people who are not, don't get to?

Ai-yi-yi. Again... :rolleyes

adrien
02-10-2006, 01:06 PM
My question is why do you assume that he might? Why not believe that he won't decline? Again, nobody worried last year about whether Manu would decline after making the All-Star team. Why is it different with Tony?

The degree of distrust for Tony Parker, despite the annual progress of his game, is absolutely amazing around here. I understand that Tony has struggled in the playoffs and that when Tony has been neutralized, the Spurs have lost. But you know, Tony has grown his game to address the things that teams do to neutralize him, and through that process, he's become an All-Star. He's gone out to make himself better after winning championships, getting a big contract, dating a Hollywood diva, and gaining worldwide celebrity. Do you really think that making the All-Star team is the one last thing that it will take for Tony to completely shut it down and stop working to get bettern and play hard?

Let me get this straight: I have no distrust for TP.

Again, nobody worried last year about whether Manu would decline after making the All-Star team. Why is it different with Tony?

Because Manu always said titles were more important. Because Manu doesn't go to LA between games to attend award ceremonies. Because the guy is 23 and I just hope these issues wont ruin his chances to make history.

But you know, Tony has grown his game to address the things that teams do to neutralize him, and through that process, he's become an All-Star.

That's a fact and I hope it'll go on. But I think it's kind of normal to question the motivation of a player taht almost won everything at 23. Even him told he had to find new goals.

This been said, the guy always showed he was a competitor.

Parkersgirl9
02-10-2006, 01:42 PM
I read that one if his goals is to become the best pg in the league. He's not done yet. So don't worry.

ducks
02-10-2006, 02:43 PM
why was there not a thread about manu last year?
is it because tp is tp

what about a thread about duncan?

Kori Ellis
02-10-2006, 02:48 PM
Tony always mentions an NBA title as his main goal. Just because the All-Star game was a personal goal of his doesn't mean he isn't working on the big picture.

This is one of the stupidest threads of all-time and it coming from a Frenchman is a disgrace.