PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Vince Young may leave the Lone Star State...

Duff McCartney
02-10-2006, 03:03 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AsQFbbZCX5b_xk0RQ4f1RplDubYF?slug=ap-texans-carr&prov=ap&type=lgns

Texans reportedly extend Carr's contract

February 10, 2006

HOUSTON (AP) -- Quarterback David Carr agreed to a contract extension with the Houston Texans on Friday, an indication the team might use its No. 1 overall pick in the draft to select Heisman Trophy running back Reggie Bush.

The Texans, who announced the extension in a news release, did not provide details, but called a 2 p.m. news conference to discuss the deal.

Texas quarterback Vince Young, a Houston native, and Bush are considered the top players in the April draft. Young, the Rose Bowl MVP after leading the Longhorns to a last-minute win over USC in the national title game, would seem to be the popular pick, but the Texans apparently are happy with Carr.

Carr has started 59 of the 64 games in Houston's four-year history. Last season, he completed 256-of-423 passes with 14 touchdowns and 11 interceptions.

-------------------------

I don't like Vince Young, but I think the Texans are making a huge mistake. David Carr isn't gonna be a good quarterback at all.

Horry For 3!
02-10-2006, 03:04 PM
That means Vince Young on the Titans, hopefully

Duff McCartney
02-10-2006, 03:06 PM
I'd actually like to see that...Vince Young as the heir apparent to Steve McNair? Beautiful.

mookie2001
02-10-2006, 03:26 PM
I hope he goes to N.O. or the Jets, I think he can step in and play at least as good as half the qbs in the league

Horry For 3!
02-10-2006, 03:41 PM
I'd actually like to see that...Vince Young as the heir apparent to Steve McNair? Beautiful.
I'd like to see it cause Titans are my favorite team besides the Cowboys.

Duff McCartney
02-10-2006, 05:20 PM
They aren't my favorite but I always liked them. I've always been a fan of McNair. He's one tough mofo. It's a shame that he's had alot of injury plagued seasons.

I was rooting for them to beat NE in 03...that was a great game.

leemajors
02-10-2006, 05:22 PM
I'd like to see it cause Titans are my favorite team besides the Cowboys.

me too. and apparently young and mcnair are already close, and mcnair would love to tutor him - plus he can work with an offensive coordinator like norm chow. ideal scenario for him!

Budkin
02-10-2006, 06:12 PM
From another discussion I saw on this topic earlier:

Signing Carr gives them some flexibility. If they don’t sign him they’d have to go for Young (or maybe Leinhart) and be raped by their agent. Now they could still draft a QB if they want to (and hold a clipboard for a year or two). Or they could possibly trade Carr.

Or they could draft Bush. When free agency begins, that’s when we’ll find out what they’re doing. If I were them I’d overpay if necessary to get the best OL free agents available.

N.Y. Johnny
02-10-2006, 08:17 PM
I hope he goes to N.O. or the Jets, I think he can step in and play at least as good as half the qbs in the league

maybe not to us (NYJ) I think we're trying to still pull out Rivers from San Diego

Horry For 3!
02-10-2006, 09:26 PM
They aren't my favorite but I always liked them. I've always been a fan of McNair. He's one tough mofo. It's a shame that he's had alot of injury plagued seasons.

I was rooting for them to beat NE in 03...that was a great game.
I am still pissed off that Titans lost by 1 fucking yard! to the fucking Rams, I have hated the Rams since then.

Pistons < Spurs
02-10-2006, 09:55 PM
maybe not to us (NYJ) I think we're trying to still pull out Rivers from San Diego

I heard the Jets were looking to possibly trade down in the draft and go after Cutler.

But back to Young. Hasn't the Texan's orginization said many times that they were taking Bush? I didn't think there was even a remote possiblity that he'd stay in Texas.

As for the Titans, wouldn't they rather stick w/ Volek? I've always been inpressed with him when he's played.

Horry For 3!
02-10-2006, 10:29 PM
I heard the Jets were looking to possibly trade down in the draft and go after Cutler.

But back to Young. Hasn't the Texan's orginization said many times that they were taking Bush? I didn't think there was even a remote possiblity that he'd stay in Texas.

As for the Titans, wouldn't they rather stick w/ Volek? I've always been inpressed with him when he's played.
Volek only did good to Bennett a year ago :lol This year he didn't really do shit. Also I think he is a FA this year.

Pistons < Spurs
02-10-2006, 10:31 PM
Volek only did good to Bennett a year ago :lol This year he didn't really do shit. Also I think he is a FA this year.

Gotcha.

Samr
02-11-2006, 01:36 PM
I wish people would stop using the term "heir apparent." It is a legal term that ESPN stole and tried to make it sound cool in sports talk. It doesn't. It makes you sound like an idiot, trying to sound smarter than he really is through use of vocabulary you do not fully understand.

Ok, off my soap box now.

chode_regulator
02-11-2006, 06:04 PM
^^^ lol