PDA

View Full Version : with the "70" win pistons, someone with Faith in Spurs...

spursfaninla
02-11-2006, 01:36 PM
Bazzy (Knoxville, TN): What it is Double D? The Mavs have won 12 in a row, but are still only 1/2 game up on the Spurs (they're tied in the loss column). The Spurs have been struggling with injuries to Ginobili, Horry, Van Exel, and Timmy's foot is still not 100%, so what do you think will happen? If the Spurs remain moderately healthy will the Mavs be able to overtake them at the end of the year? Can the Spurs stay healthy? Aside: I saw Matchpoint on your recommendation and you were right; it's excellent. Good call, sir.

David DuPree: I am going to say it once more and everyone can hold me to it. I'm not convinced the Heat have what it takes. I think the Pistons win the East. I think the Mavericks won't get past the Suns and I think the Spurs repeat as NBA champions.

I'm willing to agree... :smokin

Old School Chic
02-11-2006, 01:40 PM
David DuPree: I am going to say it once more and everyone can hold me to it. I'm not convinced the Heat have what it takes. I think the Pistons win the East. I think the Mavericks won't get past the Suns and I think the Spurs repeat as NBA champions.

Spurs came home kicking some ass last year after their rodeo trip. I'm sure it will happen again :elephant
Sorry... Mavs Fans :lol

exstatic
02-11-2006, 01:52 PM
I think the Mavericks won't get past the Suns and I think the Spurs repeat as NBA champions.
Unless Dallas goes into a total tailspin and drops to 6 or 7, they will never meet the Suns. I can't see them dropping below 4, and certainly not 5, in which case they meet SA in the second round.

Frenchise player
02-11-2006, 02:44 PM
Unless Dallas goes into a total tailspin and drops to 6 or 7, they will never meet the Suns. I can't see them dropping below 4, and certainly not 5, in which case they meet SA in the second round.
If Phoenix drops to second in the Pacific (the Clippers are right behind them), they would be number 5 seed and would meet either Spurs or Mavericks in the first round. Unlikely too, but more possible than Mavericks droping very far.

Marklar MM
02-11-2006, 03:28 PM

The law of averages states that the Spurs cannot get back2back titles. :spin

Vinnie_Johnson
02-11-2006, 04:19 PM
Yes Sir, going to be a re match allright.

zeleni
02-11-2006, 05:07 PM
I still think:
Nets vs Spurs

Kidd can handle Flip' Pistons in the playoffs!

Rummpd
02-11-2006, 08:19 PM
Zelini are you joking? The friggin Nets! Come on!

5ToolMan
02-11-2006, 08:26 PM
The law of averages states that the Spurs cannot get back2back titles. :spin

I don't know what law you are talking about, but in the NBA B2B Titles have been more the rule than the exception. :pctoss

Old School Chic
02-11-2006, 08:31 PM
Yes Sir, going to be a re match allright.

It sure is. But please! Don't bring those silly ass belts to SA. We are all about rings in this city, fuck the belts.

TDMVPDPOY
02-12-2006, 04:07 AM
Hey i like our chances repeating this year if we do face teh pistons cose we got a special rule that works in our favour atm. Currently rasheed wallace has 13 tech fouls, if he gets another 3 tech fouls he gets suspended for one game, and then for every 2 tech fouls is a automatic game suspension.

BRING IT ON!

Darrin
02-12-2006, 07:15 AM

For some stupid reason, 2 years into this playoff system, the columnists are just starting to figure out that by adding another division, the NBA has allowed a 2nd seed in record to fall to 4th if they don't win the division. I figured that out two minutes after reading the press release from the NBA announcing the alignments.

1/8 meets 4/5
2/7 meets 3/6.

3 Divisions, the Division winners get the top 3 seeds. There's been some increased moaning and groaning that Memphis or Phoenix could end up in the Conference Finals.

Darrin
02-12-2006, 07:20 AM
I don't know what law you are talking about, but in the NBA B2B Titles have been more the rule than the exception. :pctoss

Since 1988, yeah. Still, the Spurs have never repeated as Champions, and we haven't had a repeat winner since 2001-02. There was a time only the Lakers and Celtics had won back-to-back titles, and the NBA went 19 years without a repeat Champion (1969 Celtics to 1988 Lakers).

zeleni
02-12-2006, 08:22 AM
Zelini are you joking? The friggin Nets! Come on!

I think Nets can get their shit together, if they really want to. Heat or Pistons will be hard to beat or even hard to contain, but Nets can be a serious hassle for them. I'm not trolling here, I really think...
Well, I think Nets can suprise more than anybody else if they find their heart. Pistons can lose a lot and Nets have little to lose there, so... Nets will win.