PDA

View Full Version : where should I take my date to get a drink???

Tim Reynolds
02-11-2006, 03:00 PM
im going to go get a drink with this chick thursday, any suggestions for cool places (maybe something with background music) to take her to

Samr
02-11-2006, 03:13 PM
Rumor has it that Suede, downtown, is pretty cool. Though I've never been there. Hell, I'm not legal...almost.

Marklar MM
02-11-2006, 03:26 PM
Rumor has it that Suede, downtown, is pretty cool. Though I've never been there. Hell, I'm not legal...almost.

Mexico :):):)

midgetonadonkey
02-11-2006, 03:46 PM
All Stars is a cool place with some nice background music.

Vashner
02-11-2006, 03:51 PM
Hum somewhere with good margaritas. Can't go wrong with that.

Samr
02-11-2006, 03:59 PM
Chachos.

Tim Reynolds
02-11-2006, 04:00 PM
so thus far we have...

Mexico :):):)

Hum somewhere with good margaritas. Can't go wrong with that.

Chachos.

i have been very disapointed with every reply so far, i mean shit they arent even really funny....

maybe i shouldnt hang around these boards after all

Vashner
02-11-2006, 04:04 PM
So you did a search on this first. Because in the Club we would of never discussed drinking places in the past right?

Don't make yourself look stupid when people are trying to be nice.

midgetonadonkey
02-11-2006, 04:05 PM
i have been very disapointed with every reply so far, i mean shit they arent even really funny....

Fuck off then. No sweat off of my balls.

Jekka
02-11-2006, 04:08 PM
Azuca has amazing mojitos - their margaritas are excellent, too. Manny and I haven't been to the bar part of it, but I hear it's nice, and the restaurant is one of our all-time favorites. Thursday night is flamenco night there, too, and they'll have live guitar and dancing.

The sone
02-11-2006, 04:09 PM
bring her to the drinking hose....IN MY PANTS!

but no seriously...i have no idea. why not try and do a search for patio bars? also i know there is an oyster bar somewhere on broadway. i would so me down for some oysters and brew...yeah?

The sone
02-11-2006, 04:10 PM
oh yeah how about blue star?

Tim Reynolds
02-11-2006, 04:17 PM
Azuca has amazing mojitos - their margaritas are excellent, too. Manny and I haven't been to the bar part of it, but I hear it's nice, and the restaurant is one of our all-time favorites. Thursday night is flamenco night there, too, and they'll have live guitar and dancing.

yea see this is a good idea... kinda pricey but if we are just drikning it could work

and for everyone else who got mad for my second post, go back and read the first 5 smart ass replies to my sincere question as to where to take a date and then tell me im not justified in taking a shot back at them

midgetonadonkey
02-11-2006, 04:27 PM
yea see this is a good idea... kinda pricey but if we are just drikning it could work

and for everyone else who got mad for my second post, go back and read the first 5 smart ass replies to my sincere question as to where to take a date and then tell me im not justified in taking a shot back at them

You have to expect smart ass posts. Just ignore them and move on. Lighten the fuck up dude.

ChumpDumper
02-11-2006, 04:29 PM
Parking lot of the nearest Valero station.

Turn up your car radio.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-11-2006, 04:32 PM
If you're not man enough to figure out where to take a girl for a drink you don't deserve her.

Call her and cancel, now.

Buddy Holly
02-11-2006, 04:50 PM
If you're not man enough to figure out where to take a girl for a drink you don't deserve her.

Ditto.

Duncan21
02-11-2006, 05:01 PM

stop being cheap and splash the cash :bling

ShoogarBear
02-11-2006, 05:40 PM
Azuca has amazing mojitos - their margaritas are excellent, too. Manny and I haven't been to the bar part of it, but I hear it's nice, and the restaurant is one of our all-time favorites. Thursday night is flamenco night there, too, and they'll have live guitar and dancing.This would be considered the local authoritative voice on the subject.

Shelly
02-11-2006, 06:06 PM

:lol I thought this was pretty funny!

Shelly
02-11-2006, 06:06 PM
This would be considered the local authoritative voice on the subject.

And this is funny as well!

Mr Dio
02-11-2006, 07:01 PM
Across from Kennedy's...The Pointe? Stone Werks? Sam's? Nogalitos Ice House?

What kind of music ya lookin' for?

Old School Chic
02-11-2006, 08:05 PM

Have you called to cancel, yet? Please do.

CharlieMac
02-11-2006, 08:12 PM
Man, it's a cold night for drinking.

Samr
02-11-2006, 09:12 PM
Complete wrong day for you, but I saw at Bravo's (La Cantera) that every Thursday is $2 Martini night.

Again, I'm not even legal so take my suggestions for what they are(n't) worth, but I'm trying to help!

Tim Reynolds
02-11-2006, 09:21 PM
Have you called to cancel, yet? Please do.
yes i did i told her that Ed Helicopter Jones from the spurstalk message boards told me that i wasnt man enough

SouthernFried
02-11-2006, 11:50 PM
Casbeers on a thursday night usually has some decent live music. They have the best acts around, in a very small, funky little place. A real local's, musician lovers place. Try their enchiladas too. Might be a little too informal tho...and they only sell beer

There's also a cool place out on Scenic loop road/ Leon Springs area. Good food, good music (usually), nice little bar, called the "Scenic Loop Cafe." Call for directions.

Some people like The Cove, I've never been tho. I've seen everything from head banger bands playing, to solo acoustic shows listed.

Or, just try the riverwalk. They have a great acoustic blues player, Rusty Martin, playing at the Kangaroo Court there on a regular basis. Rusty is one of the best around.

Or go to New Braunfels. Gruene hall on a thursday can usually have some decent acts. There are tons more places in New Braunfels, than San Antonio...to just have a drink and listen to some "decent" music. I think Casa Verde in Gruene has Monte Montgomery playing acoustic live on Thursdays. Monte is the best guitar player right now in Texas...mebbe the whole country. And his acoustic show is one of the best.

I'm not talking about loud, rock/punk/metal type of bands in any of these places. I'm talking about good, local musicians...usually playing alone, or with small ensemble. Good music to listen to when your not talking...and not overpowering any conversation your trying to have either.

Check out the Weekender, or the Current for schedules.

The key, imho...is taking her someplace YOU will be comfortable and can have a good time in. If your not comfortable, and having a good time...she prolly wont be either.

I took my current girlfriend to McDonalds on our first date. She's still with me 5 years later. Go figure. Must be something in those Quarter pounders...with cheese.

KEDA
02-12-2006, 12:00 AM
Avoid Stone Werks on Thursday nights

Everyone and their mamma is there on Thursday nights

Old School Chic
02-12-2006, 01:28 AM
yes i did i told her that Ed Helicopter Jones from the spurstalk message boards told me that i wasnt man enough

:depressed

TNT21
02-12-2006, 01:52 AM
A bar, duh!!

T Park
02-12-2006, 01:57 AM

lol

nice reply...

SequSpur
02-12-2006, 02:47 AM
Valero.

PakiDan
02-12-2006, 06:17 PM
Weez the Juice at my EZ Mart. I will sing for yall.

midgetonadonkey
02-12-2006, 11:39 PM
Just buy the bitch a 40 and take her back to your place.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-12-2006, 11:40 PM

I like it.

But my guess is that you could have just told her that you were asking for dating advice on a Spurs internet message board. That would have been a sure-fire deal breaker right there.

jcrod
02-12-2006, 11:52 PM
I wouldn't say asking which bar is nice.....DATING advice. Dude probably wanted some suggestions he hasn't thought of. Me and my wife haven't been for a drink by ourselves here in SA (Dallas yes) in awhile. I wouldn't know which place are nice nowadays.

Tim Reynolds
02-12-2006, 11:57 PM
But my guess is that you could have just told her that you were asking for dating advice on a Spurs internet message board. That would have been a sure-fire deal breaker right there.

youde be surprised, im pretty good looking

Tim Reynolds
02-12-2006, 11:57 PM
I wouldn't say asking which bar is nice.....DATING advice. Dude probably wanted some suggestions he hasn't thought of. Me and my wife haven't been for a drink by ourselves here in SA (Dallas yes) in awhile. I wouldn't know which place are nice nowadays.
thanks dog, you and i are good now

midgetonadonkey
02-13-2006, 12:00 AM

Oh shit, do we have another GIG on our hands?

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-13-2006, 12:03 AM

I'm sad jcrod.

You sadden me.

Some people just don't understand sarcasm these days. :(

But, truthfully, did you see the advice he got? If this guy wants a second date he should probably look elsewhere. WHERE you take a first date most certainly is DATING ADVICE.

For you it doesn't really matter. You're married. . .your wife already knows all of your dark secrets. . .if you have bad taste and pick a crappy venue your wife won't care. . .she's stuck with you. If this poor guy screws up and picks a crappy bar his days with her could be over immediately if he comes across as some sort of a tasteless loser.

I'm trying to save Tim's dating soul and you're getting in the way.

midgetonadonkey
02-13-2006, 12:06 AM
This Tim Reynolds guy has no sense of humor. He is a modern day Mike Brady.

Tim Reynolds
02-13-2006, 01:38 AM
This Tim Reynolds guy has no sense of humor. He is a modern day Mike Brady.
your mom is Mike Brady

oh nooooo i didnt....

http://upshizzle.com/files/fnf_dude2.gif
http://upshizzle.com/files/fnf_dude.gif

IX_Equilibrium
02-13-2006, 10:46 AM
Cementville is a pretty relaxed place for a drink.

batman2883
02-13-2006, 10:48 AM
take her to pat obriens

jcrod
02-13-2006, 11:32 AM
I'm trying to save Tim's dating soul and you're getting in the way.

:lol sorry, won't do it again.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-13-2006, 11:41 AM
:lol sorry, won't do it again.

:lol

Just trying to help Timmy get himself some nookie. Just doing my part for humanity. :)

pache100
02-13-2006, 11:42 AM

Maybe you're right. :angel

TheTruth
02-13-2006, 11:43 AM
Take her to Rebar. Good atmosphere, good music.

Tim Reynolds
02-13-2006, 12:07 PM
i would but its absolutly dead there on thursdays

FRITO BANDITO
02-13-2006, 01:56 PM
Cool Aeros
Cattlemans
Rocky's ice house
the E&G
.......................Be sure to be taking a pistola though...you will need it senor pendejo.

midgetonadonkey
02-13-2006, 02:21 PM
Hit up Terry's Friendly Spot on the corner of Roosevelt and Steves.

batman2883
02-13-2006, 02:26 PM
How would you know fluffy?? They allow your kind in there???

Mr. Peabody
02-13-2006, 02:37 PM

You sound like a gay!

http://www.anchorman-themovie.com/wallpapers/images/champ_wp_800x600.jpg