PDA

View Full Version : African Child Loves His ‘World Champion Seahawks’ T-Shirt

baseline bum
02-11-2006, 03:35 PM
African Child Loves His ‘World Champion Seahawks’ T-Shirt

February 9, 2006 | Onion Sports (http://www.theonion.com/content/sports)

KAMPALA, UGANDA—10-year-old Akello Semesseke, wearing the new "World Champion Seattle Seahawks" T-shirt given to him Tuesday by an anonymous NFL-licensed promotions manufacturer, expressed his gratitude for the gift while admitting he was not familiar with the sport of American football. "The Seahawks must be as generous of heart as they are victorious on the field of whatever sport they play to share their clothing with us," said Semesseke, whose entire village was given one each of the teal and gray shirts, with one exception. "My father refused his new shirt," Semesseke explained, "because although he did need one, he felt it would be disrespectful to the World Champion Eagles, who kindly gave him both a shirt and cap last year." Semesseke added that if the Seahawks had included 80 cents a day along with the shirt, he could eat.http://www.theonion.com/content/themes/onion/assets/terminator.gif

Samr
02-11-2006, 03:40 PM
That is great.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-11-2006, 04:30 PM
:lol

ShoogarBear
02-11-2006, 05:45 PM
Classic. The best part is, I didn't realize it was an Onion article until I read the line about the Eagles.

Clandestino
02-12-2006, 01:09 PM
too fucking funny!

Horry For 3!
02-12-2006, 01:28 PM
:lmao :lol :lmao

Marklar MM
02-12-2006, 01:36 PM
Classic. The best part is, I didn't realize it was an Onion article until I read the line about the Eagles.

The 2nd line says "Onion Sports". :depressed

ShoogarBear
02-12-2006, 03:49 PM
The 2nd line says "Onion Sports". :depressedYeah, but I just blew past it.

midgetonadonkey
02-13-2006, 12:20 AM
The Onion is best greatest news source ever.

ObiwanGinobili
02-13-2006, 09:30 AM
I had a subscription to the paper version.
I was gonna decopage <sp?> it onto the bathroom walls....

but Emo said he'd rather not hear our guests bust out laughing i nthe restroom - especially the guys - what if the miss the pot?

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-13-2006, 09:47 AM
IIRC, the NFL actually used to give away the losing teams championship gear to places like homeless shelters. So there could be some guys on a corner with a shirt proclaiming the Buffalo Bills as NFL Champs. Nowadays I think they just destroy them. Probably for the best as I can only imagine how long it would take for a security guard or someone to steal the whole lot of them and put them on E-Bay.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-13-2006, 10:12 AM
I had meant to post this earlier but forgot. It's something from the Onion's 2005 Year in Review.
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/43637

June 25-In an attempt to show how much of a team player he is, 2005 NBA Championship MVP Tim Duncan says he would like to share the award with his teammates, with the exception of Manu Ginobili, who, Duncan said, "I hate very much."