12 points, 8 rebounds, 8 offensive rebounds

Still a quarter to play :hat

Guru of Nothing
02-12-2006, 03:34 PM
Finished with 9 O boards.

I hope the Bulls took notice.

ploto
02-12-2006, 03:35 PM
If only he could defend the paint or rotate where he is supposed to.

FromWayDowntown
02-12-2006, 03:36 PM
If only he could defend the paint.

Or comprehend the need to make a back-side rotation.

exstatic
02-12-2006, 03:40 PM
His hustle is matched only by his cluelessness about the Spurs system, which is why he will always have fantastic or shitty games and little in between.

baseline bum
02-12-2006, 03:51 PM
Mohammed needs to start. There's no way this team is winning a title with Rasho starting. It's so much more important that this team has decent rebounding than whether Rasho can rotate in time to foul whoever's going to the basket.

boutons_
02-12-2006, 03:54 PM
it's weird how Nazr is so good on ORBs, but so mediocre to non-existent on DRBs.

He only dropped 2 passes today. not bad.

Spurologist
02-12-2006, 03:57 PM
Or comprehend the need to make a back-side rotation.

a set of hands would be nice too

SAGambler
02-12-2006, 04:05 PM
Mohammed needs to start. There's no way this team is winning a title with Rasho starting. It's so much more important that this team has decent rebounding than whether Rasho can rotate in time to foul whoever's going to the basket.

You apparently wasn't listening to Big Bill Walton when he was talking about the greatness of Rasho...

Shame on you... You know Walton is the king of the analysts....

2centsworth
02-12-2006, 04:06 PM
When right, Mohammed puts Rasho to shame. He's a beast on the boards and scores in double figures.

T Park
02-12-2006, 04:07 PM
Too bad Mohammed couldn't guard a paper plate.

His ole defense with the Pacer guards today was grossly pathetic.

WalterBenitez
02-12-2006, 04:28 PM
Nazr was good today, congrats to him

SouthernFried
02-12-2006, 04:49 PM
Nazr was awesome on offense...absolutely terrible on Defense. Notice all the layups and points in the paint when he was in the game?

Rasho had a good game defensively, and a mediocre one offensively.

If we could combine Nazrs offensive end skills, with Rasho's defensive ones...we'd have one average Center.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-12-2006, 04:56 PM
Too bad Mohammed couldn't guard a paper plate.

His ole defense with the Pacer guards today was grossly pathetic.

Right, like when he stuffed Buckets going in for the bucket.

Notice all the layups and points in the paint when he was in the game?

Duncan gave up quite a few as well, I guess he's perfect though.

SouthernFried
02-12-2006, 04:57 PM
Yes...Duncan AND Nazr gave up a bunch of layups. What's your fucking point?

T Park
02-12-2006, 04:59 PM
If we could combine Nazrs offensive end skills, with Rasho's defensive ones...we'd have one average Center

No, youd have a goddamn all star.

What's your fucking point?

He is just pissed at Duncan.

It'll pass.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-12-2006, 04:59 PM
What's my point? Nazr contributed significantly to our win today, and all people can do is single him out for something Duncan was equally pathetic at.

I'm sure if Malik was here he would have blocked every single one of those back in their faces :rolleyes

T Park
02-12-2006, 05:01 PM
and all people can do is single him out for something Duncan was equally pathetic at.

Because he never improves.

He continues to be pathetic, and horrible on the defensive end.

Duncan has the flu.

Whats Mohammed's excuse!?!?!?

Sun got in his eye?

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-12-2006, 05:04 PM
I don't know what Mohammed's excuse is. But the same people who criticize Nazr have no problem making them up for Rasho when he gets one more board than a dead man in 20 minutes, so why don't you ask them - they seem pretty damn good at it.

SouthernFried
02-12-2006, 05:05 PM
What's my point? Nazr contributed significantly to our win today, and all people can do is single him out for something Duncan was equally pathetic at.

I'm sure if Malik was here he would have blocked every single one of those back in their faces :rolleyes

WTF does Malik have to do with this?

And Nazr contributed to our OFFENSE today. He didn't contibute to our Defense. Which was mine, and everyone elses point.

T Park
02-12-2006, 05:05 PM
But the same people who criticize Nazr have no problem making them up for Rasho

Rasho gets twice the shit on this forum than Mohammed, don't give me that horse hockey.

2centsworth
02-12-2006, 05:11 PM
Nazr is not great on defense but seems to come up with big defensive plays in big games. Also, his rebounding and toughness is more of a plus than his mediocre defense is a minus.

Great thing about Defense is that it can be learned and developed with playing time. Toughness, rebouding, and offense are skills you have to almost be born with.

ChumpDumper
02-12-2006, 05:12 PM
Great thing about Defense is that it can be learned and developed with playing time.How much time?

2centsworth
02-12-2006, 05:14 PM
Rasho gets twice the shit on this forum than Mohammed, don't give me that horse hockey.
that's because Rasho is not very good. Nazr has shown signs of being what we all wished Rasho was.

T Park
02-12-2006, 05:14 PM
Great thing about Defense is that it can be learned

He has been with the team for almost a year.

Whats he need, 3, 4 years?!?!

T Park
02-12-2006, 05:15 PM
that's because Rasho is not very good

yeah the blocked shots, picks set for open shots for other players, and interior d, just sucked big ass today.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-12-2006, 05:15 PM
I think there's a direct correlation between learning the Spurs defense and actually getting playing time.

You hate on Nazr like he's getting 30 minutes a night.

T Park
02-12-2006, 05:16 PM
I think there's a direct correlation between learning the Spurs defense and actually getting playing time.

Been here a year,

lots of practice time.

Lots of in game time last year and this year.

And he still cannot understand it.

But yet, should get more minutes.

Makes sense.

ChumpDumper
02-12-2006, 05:17 PM
It simply looks like he doesn't even practice with the team.

exstatic
02-12-2006, 05:18 PM

Agreed. He should have picked up they system through sheer osmosis by now. Against a team like Indy that is primarily shooting jumpers, he's an asset. Against any team that is willing to attack the basket, he's the human foul machine and revolving door on defense.

2centsworth
02-12-2006, 05:18 PM
How much time?

His liabilities were masked enough to win a championship last year so i don't think he needs to be Alonzo Morning for the spurs to be successful. Because Tim isn't the prolific scorer he once was offensive rebounding has become more important. Today's game without the 2nd chance points would have been an easy victory for the pacers.

Nazr needs to get back to playing as well as he did against Denver and at times Phoenix last year and the spurs will be back to being very tough to beat.

If Finley could ever be consistent then watch out.

2centsworth
02-12-2006, 05:20 PM
Been here a year,

lots of practice time.

Lots of in game time last year and this year.

And he still cannot understand it.

But yet, should get more minutes.

Makes sense.
spurs only won a championship with Nazr as the starting center and he was a lot worse last year.

I see some slight improvements, especially stepping out on the shooters.

ChumpDumper
02-12-2006, 05:20 PM
His liabilities were masked enough to win a championship last year so i don't think he needs to be Alonzo Morning for the spurs to be successful.Masked by Horry for the most part, which would apply to Rasho too for the preceding games.

I'm not looking for much improvement from either.

We'll need both.

2centsworth
02-12-2006, 05:23 PM
Masked by Horry for the most part, which would apply to Rasho too for the preceding games.

I'm not looking for much improvement from either.

We'll need both.
spurs didn't need rasho last year and I hopefully they don't need him this year either. Not to be critical, but not needing Rasho would mean Nazr is back if not better than he was last year.

ChumpDumper
02-12-2006, 05:26 PM
Not to be critical, but not needing Rasho would mean Nazr is back if not better than he was last year.He'll be the same at best. He had every opportunity to get more time earlier in the season.

I guess you can hope for another Rasho injury.

2centsworth
02-12-2006, 05:31 PM
He'll be the same at best. He had every opportunity to get more time earlier in the season.

I guess you can hope for another Rasho injury.
as always with our discussions I'll let time prove me right. Why do you talk so silly by putting words in my mouth, when did I ever say I wish for a Rasho injury?

Nevertheless, I surrender you win.

ChumpDumper
02-12-2006, 05:34 PM
Fine with me. I've always said Mohammed is the only guy holding Mohammed back. All he has to do is defend better.

You know it.

I know it.

Nazr knows it.

The American public knows it.

If he gets better on D he'll play more. That's always been my position and I hope Nazr does it.

ajh18
02-12-2006, 05:36 PM
If we could combine Nazrs offensive end skills, with Rasho's defensive ones...we'd have one average Center.

Actually, you'd have a pretty good center... In fact, you'd have something kind of like what David did for us in the last 2-3 years of his career. It's pretty sad that for one game, even now, I'd take a 40-year-old david over both of our current centers.

2centsworth
02-12-2006, 05:40 PM
If he gets better on D he'll play more. That's always been my position and I hope Nazr does it.

Hence, my hope that Rasho sits by the end of the year. Not by his own doing but because Nazr's play demands he plays more. Won't be room for two centers come playoffs because Horry will gobble up minutes.

ChumpDumper
02-12-2006, 05:40 PM
We live in hope.

T Park
02-12-2006, 05:42 PM
false hope at that.

2centsworth
02-12-2006, 05:42 PM
We live in hope.he delivered last year, so I have reason to hope. BTW, without Nazr today the spurs lose.

I've been able to say that about Rasho a total of maybe 10 times since he's been here.

ChumpDumper
02-12-2006, 05:43 PM
He's kinda like Jack in that he keeps both teams in the game.

2centsworth
02-12-2006, 05:45 PM
He's kinda like Jack in that he keeps both teams in the game.
Nazr was keeping the Pacers in the game? Interesting, I thought it was Tim sucking on O and missing FTs. Or maybe Manu turning the ball over. But you are probably right, Nazr holds the spurs back lol. Almost forgot, how bout Finley throwing up brick after brick.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-12-2006, 05:46 PM
Been here a year,

lots of practice time.

Spoken like someone who has obviously never played a lick of ball in their life.

There's a stark difference between practice experience and game experience.

ducks
02-12-2006, 05:46 PM
Spurs Needed Nazr In Training Camp But His Wife Had A Baby And Complications

Nazr Would Have Learn Then
Spurs Do Not Even Get To Practice But Like 6-8 Times A Month Due To Their Schedule During The Season

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-12-2006, 05:47 PM
^^^^^ ducks hit it on the head.

Wait a minute, ducks just made sense? Someone check the temp. in hell... :lol

ChumpDumper
02-12-2006, 05:48 PM
Nazr was keeping the Pacers in the game? Interesting, I thought it was Tim sucking on O and missing FTs. Or maybe Manu turning the ball over. But you are probably right, Nazr holds the spurs back lol. Almost forgot, how bout Finley throwing up brick after brick.Your examples citing offense say it all.

Nazr knows what he has to do.

2centsworth
02-12-2006, 05:49 PM
Spurs Needed Nazr In Training Camp But His Wife Had A Baby And Complications

Nazr Would Have Learn Then
Spurs Do Not Even Get To Practice But Like 6-8 Times A Month Due To Their Schedule During The Season
you make too much sense. Let them have Rasho as their starting center. Thank goodness Pop eventually plays the best players at the end of the year.

2centsworth
02-12-2006, 05:51 PM
Your examples citing offense say it all.

Nazr knows what he has to do.
Yup, that's why the spurs signed offensive guys this offseason and not defensive. Bownen, Manu, Tim, and Tony are more defense than any other team can handle. Spurs need offense because when they've lost in the past it was due to offense and not defense.

For example, when porter and ferry couldn't throw it in the ocean from '00 to '02. Then Hedo and his offensive suckidis.

Then the reason why the spurs signed Grob last year (offense baby)!

ChumpDumper
02-12-2006, 05:52 PM
I think you misunderstand the role of the center on the Spurs team.

2centsworth
02-12-2006, 05:54 PM
I think you misunderstand the role of the center on the Spurs team.No i think you misunderstand why the spurs win. don't forget Nazr was the center last year, please explain that away. And in cruch time Timmy becomes the Center. Spurs need someone to bang and get offensive rebounds much like malik did.

ChumpDumper
02-12-2006, 05:55 PM
don't forget Nazr was the center last year, please explain that away. Explain why he isn't this year.

2centsworth
02-12-2006, 05:57 PM
Wife almost died during training camp. Is that enough of a reason for you.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-12-2006, 05:59 PM
One thing's for sure, we won't beat Detroit with Rasho being his usual soft self inside.

The fact is we're going to need Nazr to beat them, so why not give him quality PT now to get in the flow of the defense?

ChumpDumper
02-12-2006, 06:00 PM
Wife almost died during training camp. Is that enough of a reason for you.That was months ago. Why not now?

Kori Ellis
02-12-2006, 06:01 PM
Wife almost died during training camp. Is that enough of a reason for you.

She almost died????

2centsworth
02-12-2006, 06:02 PM
One thing's for sure, we won't beat Detroit with Rasho being his usual soft self inside.

The fact is we're going to need Nazr to beat them, so why not give him quality PT now to get in the flow of the defense?
I'm not suggesting the spurs just give him minutes when he doesn't deserve them. I'm saying his recent play has earned him more minutes and hopefully he continues to play well enough to justify sitting Rasho much like they did last year when they won it all.

2centsworth
02-12-2006, 06:03 PM
She almost died????My understanding, but maybe the severity of what happened makes it much less of an excuse.

2centsworth
02-12-2006, 06:07 PM
That was months ago. Why not now?
What now?

He's shaping up and looks like he's going to eventualy get back to where he was last year if not better.

ChumpDumper
02-12-2006, 06:11 PM
He's shaping up and looks like he's going to eventualy get back to where he was last year if not better.Good for him.

Get better on D.

2centsworth
02-12-2006, 06:12 PM
Good for him.

Get better on D.
No, good for us as spurs fans. I rather enjoy bragging rights.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-12-2006, 06:20 PM
[quote]That was months ago. Why not now?[quote]

Well, if you believe what you read in the press the Spurs have only practiced about 8 times total in the past month.

Kinda hard to get a feel for something like team defense when you only practiced 8 times in over a month.

aaronstampler
02-12-2006, 06:21 PM
I really don't understand the constant bashing of either of them. We're not the Pistons, we don't have an all-star at every position, but our bench (ordinarily) is way better than theirs. That's the trade off. We don't put all our eggs in the starting five basket.

I wish people would just accept Rasho and Nazr for they are. They're not the Admiral, but they're not Kandi or Dampier either. In a 82 game season, one will play better than the other half the time and vice versa.

Maybe one out of ten games both will play well at the same time, and one out of ten games they'll both be terrible. Those days we go with Timmy at 5 and Horry at 4 for the crunch time lineup...

You people wanna pick on anyone, pick on Barry and NVE, who've both been consistently awful the whole year. I've kept defending Brent on and on and on, and I'm almost ready to give up on him, just like Pop is. His shot is just gone.

ChumpDumper
02-12-2006, 06:21 PM
So maybe at the end of his next six year contract, we might be able to have confidence in Nazr's team D.

Fine.

Nazr knows what he needs to do. Let him do it in the 18mpgs he's been getting lately.

aaronstampler
02-12-2006, 06:28 PM
It's really hard to give one an edge over the other. Rasho does a bunch of things a little bit better than Nazr does. He's craftier around the basket, he has better hands, he's a better help defender, a better shot blocker.

However, Nazr is the MUCH better rebounder. It really depends on who we play and what kind of game it is to be able to figure out who's gonna be more valuable that day, but I don't think either one deserves to get the lion's share of the minutes over the other during the course of the season.

2centsworth
02-12-2006, 06:29 PM
So maybe at the end of his next six year contract, we might be able to have confidence in Nazr's team D.

Fine.

Nazr knows what he needs to do. Let him do it in the 18mpgs he's been getting lately.
Mistake to focus on players weaknesses especially since their strengths have won the spurs championships. It's the same argument I have with the recently departed Tony haters who used to focus on his weaknesses instead of appreciating his strengths. Nobody is denying Nazr doesn't have to improve. BTW, do you still think Manu is better off the bench?

ChumpDumper
02-12-2006, 06:32 PM
Mistake to focus on players weaknessesIt's the weakness that keeps him from starting. Your mistake is ignoring what this team is about and what it expects from a starting center (Offense? Please say that was a joke - I didn't think you were that ignorant).

Manu is the same off the bench. That was never the question.

Is Finley better off the bench? You tell me.

picnroll
02-12-2006, 06:35 PM
Nazr is suffering from post-partum depression. Tim too maybe. Did Finley and Barry's wives have babies?

Kori Ellis
02-12-2006, 06:37 PM
My understanding, but maybe the severity of what happened makes it much less of an excuse.

I hadn't heard that it was even close to that serious. But who knows.

T Park
02-12-2006, 06:37 PM
Kinda hard to get a feel for something like team defense when you only practiced 8 times in over a month.

Hes been with the team over a year.

Give me a break.

Kori Ellis
02-12-2006, 06:38 PM
Nazr is suffering from post-partum depression. Tim too maybe. Did Finley and Barry's wives have babies?

Barry's wife did. :lol But that was just last month.

So did Marks, PJ, Mike Bud, etc.

2centsworth
02-12-2006, 06:43 PM
It's the weakness that keeps him from starting. Your mistake is ignoring what this team is about and what it expects from a starting center (Offense? Please say that was a joke - I didn't think you were that ignorant).

Manu is the same off the bench. That was never the question.

Is Finley better off the bench? You tell me.Spurs do expect D from the starting center, but REBOUNDING should be guaranteed from that position. Rasho is too much of a liability on the boards for the spurs to beat the good aggressive teams. Nazr at least gives us rebouding, aggressiveness, more offense, and not great D but good enough with key blocks down the stretch of games. Note game 7 of the finals when he swated Ben Wallaces shot in a crucial situation. He had a similar block against the nets too.

BTW, Finley is inconsistent starting and from the bench but who cares this team revolves around Tim, Tony, Manu, and Bruce. The stiffs like Finley have got to step up whatever their role are on the team. You just remind me of how much I miss Devin Brown.

2centsworth
02-12-2006, 06:44 PM
I hadn't heard that it was even close to that serious. But who knows.
You're supposed to know:lol .

ChumpDumper
02-12-2006, 06:44 PM
Spurs do expect D from the starting center.So you know what Nazr needs to do as well.

Great.

Let him do it.

2centsworth
02-12-2006, 06:49 PM
So you know what Nazr needs to do as well.

Great.

Let him do it.
You go in circles. I'm not preventing him from doing anything. My argument is Nazr's play despite his defensive weaknesses makes the spurs a better team than does no rebouding Rasho.

T Park
02-12-2006, 06:50 PM
lol walked right into it...

ChumpDumper
02-12-2006, 06:53 PM
My argument is Nazr's play despite his defensive weaknesses makes the spurs a better team than does no rebouding Rasho.Then fire Pop. Or at least convince him defense doesn't matter. Good luck.

In the meantime, Nazr has gotten quite a few minutes of that PT you're bitching about the past three weeks. Let him prove himself to the person that matters.

2centsworth
02-12-2006, 06:58 PM
Then fire Pop. Or at least convince him defense doesn't matter. Good luck.

In the meantime, Nazr has gotten quite a few minutes of that PT you're bitching about the past three weeks. Let him prove himself to the person that matters.
I'm not bitching with how Pop has handled Nazr's minutes, and nowhere will you see that in any of my post. You on the other hand will defend Pop to the death, but I guess with good reason. Pop was wrong in playing Manu off the bench, and he quickly started Manu after you fiercly argued Manu should stay on the bench. I think the spurs have only lost 1 or 2 games since the change?

Now I'm saying Nazr is earning more minutes, Pop is giving him more minutes, and the spurs will be better for it. You on the other hand want to argue why Nazr should still sit.

exstatic
02-12-2006, 06:59 PM
There needs to be a Church of Nazr.

T Park
02-12-2006, 07:04 PM
You on the other hand want to argue why Nazr should still sit.

Nooo

hes arguing why Nazr isn't starting.

Now your reading into what hes saying.

CHill.

2centsworth
02-12-2006, 07:06 PM
Nooo

hes arguing why Nazr isn't starting.

Now your reading into what hes saying.

CHill.
When ever you tell someone to chill, look in the mirror. I bet it will sound funny.

ChumpDumper
02-12-2006, 07:08 PM
I'm not bitching with how Pop has handled Nazr's minutes, and nowhere will you see that in any of my post.But you want Nazr to start. You want him to start but play 14 mpg like he has all season? Don't be disingenuous AND ignorant.
op was wrong in playing Manu off the bench, and he quickly started Manu after you fiercly argued Manu should stay on the bench. I think the spurs have only lost 1 or 2 games since the change?It was never about Manu. It was about Finley. You must be completely ignorant of his performance as well.
Now I'm saying Nazr is earning more minutes, Pop is giving him more minutes, and the spurs will be better for it. You on the other hand want to argue why Nazr should still sit.No I said Nazr will earn more minutes AND START if he plays better D. He has played more minutes because Horry was out (or were you ignorant of that fact too?). Looks like he's taking advantage. Good for him. And for you. And the Spurs.

IF HE PLAYS BETTER D HE WILL PLAY MORE. PERIOD.

T Park
02-12-2006, 07:11 PM
look in the mirror. I bet it will sound funny

Talking to yourself is plain weird so, I doubt it.

Im fine. Im not worked up at all.

I never get worked up.

What you see at a GTG is what you get.

Calm, quiet, settled.

2centsworth
02-12-2006, 07:14 PM
But you want Nazr to start. You want him to start but play 14 mpg like he has all season? Don't be disingenuous AND ignorant.It was never about Manu. It was about Finley. You must be completely ignorant of his performance as well.No I said Nazr will earn more minutes AND START if he plays better D. He has played more minutes because Horry was out (or were you ignorant of that fact too?). Looks like he's taking advantage. Good for him. And for you. And the Spurs.

IF HE PLAYS BETTER D HE WILL PLAY MORE. PERIOD.
what's up with the insults. Can you argue without insulting people? Here's a taste, you're stupid and wrong and you're always wrong but like to argue anyways. I never said Nazr should start but since you're so dumb you think I did suggest Nazr should start. You've got to be the biggest idiot to always be on the wrong side of the argument.

ChumpDumper
02-12-2006, 07:18 PM
So Nazr shouldn't start?

Who should?

How are the minutes to be divided in the playoffs in your Rasholess rotation?
You've got to be the biggest idiot to always be on the wrong side of the argument.My argument (in all caps above so you couldn't ignore it) is "if Nazr plays better D he will play more."

Yours is "If Pop cares less about defense, Nazr will get more minutes."

Which do you think is more likely to happen?

2centsworth
02-12-2006, 07:22 PM
So Nazr shouldn't start?

Who should?

How are the minutes to be divided in the playoffs in your Rasholess rotation?My argument (in all caps above so you couldn't ignore it) is "if Nazr plays better D he will play more."

Yours is "If Pop cares less about defense, Nazr will get more minutes."

Which do you think is more likely to happen?Why are you making up what I said? Here are my quotes: (give me a minute)

Nazr needs to get back to playing as well as he did against Denver and at times Phoenix last year and the spurs will be back to being very tough to beat.
spurs didn't need rasho last year and I hopefully they don't need him this year either. Not to be critical, but not needing Rasho would mean Nazr is back if not better than he was last year.
Hence, my hope that Rasho sits by the end of the year. Not by his own doing but because Nazr's play demands he plays more. Won't be room for two centers come playoffs because Horry will gobble up minutes.So far it looks like I'm hoping Nazr plays just as well if not better than last year.

Nowhere do I see where I said he should start right now. (i'll be back with more)

you make too much sense. Let them have Rasho as their starting center. Thank goodness Pop eventually plays the best players at the end of the year.Another by the end of the year hope Nazr plays well enough to start.

I'm not suggesting the spurs just give him minutes when he doesn't deserve them. I'm saying his recent play has earned him more minutes and hopefully he continues to play well enough to justify sitting Rasho much like they did last year when they won it all.
wow chump, maybe you don't read what other people post and just argue with yourself.

ChumpDumper
02-12-2006, 07:23 PM
Spurs do expect D from the starting center, but REBOUNDING should be guaranteed from that position. Rasho is too much of a liability on the boards for the spurs to beat the good aggressive teams. Nazr at least gives us rebouding, aggressiveness, more offense, and not great D but good enough with key blocks down the stretch of games.Of course Pop would have to change his priorities to match line of thinking.

ploto
02-12-2006, 07:32 PM

Far and away the clearest observation I have read in some time.

The Spurs have actually had quite a bit of practice time as of late. They had that week in January where all the games were at home and they practiced every day in between. They just came off a break where they had practice Sun, Mon and Tues before they left on this trip. Again today saw both Horry and Bowen having to tell Nazr what we was supposed to do and where he was supposed to be. Is he really this incapable of comprehension? Finley, NVE, and Oberto all have a better grasp than him.

Also, there has never been any report that Nazr's wife almost died. She was at the game on opening night and even had the baby with her.

Nazr's numbers seem to be "about himself" and not about how he contributes to the success of everyone on the team. He does not set screens for Tony and Manu nor does he do anything to seal off shot blockers. Nazr is more interested in worrying about being in a spot to grab an offensive rebound off a possible miss than in helping Tony score in the first place.

Do you realize that in a game in which Rasho only played 16 minutes and that the Spurs only won by 4, that the team was +14 with Rasho in the game but they were -12 with Nazr? Do you know that in those 16 minutes Rasho played (1/3 of a full game) that the Pacers only had 21 points total?

2centsworth
02-12-2006, 07:37 PM
Far and away the clearest observation I have read in some time.

The Spurs have actually had quite a bit of practice time as of late. They had that week in January where all the games were at home and they practiced every day in between. They just came off a break where they had practice Sun, Mon and Tues before they left on this trip. Again today saw both Horry and Bowen having to tell Nazr what we was supposed to do and where he was supposed to be. Is he really this incapable of comprehension? Finley, NVE, and Oberto all have a better grasp than him.

Also, there has never been any report that Nazr's wife almost died. She was at the game on opening night and even had the baby with her.

Nazr's numbers seem to be "about himself" and not about how he contributes to the success of everyone on the team. He does not set screens for Tony and Manu nor does he do anything to seal off shot blockers. Nazr is more interested in worrying about being in a spot to grab an offensive rebound off a possible miss than in helping Tony score in the first place.

Do you realize that in a game in which Rasho only played 16 minutes and that the Spurs only won by 4, that the team was +14 with Rasho in the game but they were -12 with Nazr? Do you know that in those 16 minutes Rasho played (1/3 of a full game) that the Pacers only had 21 points total?

hum? Is it a coincidence that the spurs are playing better than they have all season with Nazr seeing more minutes? Maybe it's all about Manu being healthy?

Also, what was it about Nazr last year that kept Rasho on the bench because by playoff time Rasho was healthy.

wildbill2u
02-12-2006, 07:41 PM

It'll probably be across the street from the First Church of Malik Rose and the Last Pentacostal Church of the Redeemer Jackson.

So far, the Church of the Blood of the Lamb Devin Brown is still in a storefront but the congregation is growing and expects to build soon.

2centsworth
02-12-2006, 07:42 PM
It'll probably be across the street from the First Church of Malik Rose and the Last Pentacostal Church of the Redeemer Jackson.

So far, the Church of the Blood of the Lamb Devin Brown is still in a storefront but the congregation is growing and expects to build soon.
if finley keeps throwing up those bricks the Church of Devin will be the biggest of all.

T Park
02-12-2006, 07:44 PM
Yeah Devin won us alot of playoff games last year.

2centsworth
02-12-2006, 07:47 PM
Yeah Devin won us alot of playoff games last year. pl

no but he did very well against kobe the year before, plus until his injury he was having his best year yet.

ploto
02-12-2006, 07:49 PM
hum? Is it a coincidence that the spurs are playing better than they have all season with Nazr seeing more minutes? Maybe it's all about Manu being healthy?

You don't seem to understand- Rasho's minutes are not down. He is averaging the same minutes he has all season. Horry is the one playing less.

See, when Rasho has an off night, it means he didn't shoot or rebound well, but he will always give you good defense, good screens, etc..

When Nazr has a bad game, he is plain awful. If he isn't grabbing rebounds or getting easy baskets, he contributes nothing. Which is why he always ends up a bench player everywhere he goes.

ploto
02-12-2006, 07:51 PM
Again, Nazr was a MAJOR reason we wonthe title last season

He was the least important out of the seven guys who played in the Finals.

Yes, I said that. More important: Tim, Manu, Tony, Bruce, Horry, and Brent.

2centsworth
02-12-2006, 07:55 PM
He was the least important out of the seven guys who played in the Finals.

Yes, I said that. More important: Tim, Manu, Tony, Bruce, Horry, and Brent.
Gotta say Nazr was fantastic against Denver and played pretty well against Phoenix and Detroit.

Brent was not very good last year, but did have his moments.

Also, if Nazr was so bad why did Pop play Rasho a total of 5 minutes in last years playoffs?

BTW, Nazr has been a starter in this league for awhile.

2centsworth
02-12-2006, 07:55 PM
If he isn't grabbing rebounds or getting easy baskets, he contributes nothing. Which is why he always ends up a bench player everywhere he goes.
that's just it he did a lot more right than wrong last year and is starting to show signs again.

Buddy Holly
02-12-2006, 07:57 PM
According to TimVP, Nazr should see very little playing time tomorrow. :rolleyes

T Park
02-12-2006, 07:58 PM
no but he did very well against kobe the year before

yeah Kobe droppin 40 on us in games 4 and 6 were great.

plus until his injury he was having his best year yet

DAMN

I wonder who that sounds like last year!!!

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

wildbill2u
02-12-2006, 07:58 PM
The fact that Nazr gets a lot more offensive boards than defensive boards turns all basketball patterns upside down. With all other players it's the opposite--so what makes for this unusual statistic?

Nazr doesn't block out on defense or he'd be getting more defensive rebounds.

On offense he camps down in the low post and just picks off TDs misses. It's amazing he doesn't get more 3 second calls. Then he doesn't help with the outside screen at the top of the key, probably because he doesn't have the hands to handle a pass on the roll.

He's okay for what he does on offense, but you can't overlook the fact that he should play both ends of the court.

2centsworth
02-12-2006, 07:59 PM
According to TimVP, Nazr should see very little playing time tomorrow. :rolleyes
huh? Timvp hasn't posted.

Kori Ellis
The bottomline is that Nazr seems to have even regressed since last season's playoffs (defensively and intelligence). Every single game, he is getting yelled at by his teammates that he's in the wrong place .. and not just on defense. Two games ago, he was supposed to be setting a pick and he accidental picked Bruce instead of one of the Nets :wtf :lol Repeatedly there are iso's for Manu or Tony at the top of the key and Nazr is blocking the middle of the lane where they are supposed to go to get to the rack :wtf :lol Manu, Tony, Bruce, Horry, Duncan, and everyone else are constantly waving their arms trying to move him to the proper place on the floor on both O and D.

I admire his ability to hit the offensive glass. I think he had a couple good games that were vital in last seasons postseason. But he really needs to catch on to the basics. I'm not even expecting that much.

timvp

:tu

Buddy Holly
02-12-2006, 08:00 PM

You've never heard Timvp's "Malik treatment" theory?

T Park
02-12-2006, 08:00 PM
More important: Tim, Manu, Tony, Bruce, Horry, and Brent.

Brent Barry didn't do jack shit fuck in the playoffs last year.

Take his name off the list for the love of christ.

timvp
02-12-2006, 08:01 PM
You've never heard Timvp's "Malik treatment" theory?

When Nazr plays less than 10 minutes tomorrow, I'll be sure to bump that thread.

Thanks for reminding me.

2centsworth
02-12-2006, 08:01 PM
Brent Barry didn't do jack shit fuck in the playoffs last year.

Take his name off the list for the love of christ.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

T Park
02-12-2006, 08:03 PM
Im on Nazr's ass this year.

But his play VS Denver, PHoenix, some of Detroit and some of Seattle, was beyond outstanding.

His game 5 performance vs Seattle after two buttfucked games in Seattle was CLUTCH.

Brent Barry made a couple shots in game 1 against Phoenix, other than that, he gave as much to the playoff run as Tony Massenburgh.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-12-2006, 08:05 PM
didn't he do well in game 5 and game 7 of the finals??

i could be wrong but wasn't he a hell of a lot more aggressive than normal?

i might be wrong

ploto
02-12-2006, 08:09 PM
BTW, Nazr has been a starter in this league for awhile.

Nazr only has 181 career starts in 8 1/2 seasons!! He started for Atlanta in 2001-2002, but then only started 1 game for them the follwing 2 seasons combined and they traded him. He started in NY but them guess what- they traded him, too. Actually, he's been traded 4 times in 8 years. Wonder why?? Oh, and he hasn't started a game all season.

On the other hand, Rasho has 453 starts. In the past 5 seasons, Rasho has started every regular season game he has played in exept one.

As for the playoffs, everyone knows Rasho's ankle wasn't 100% until Phoenix, and attemting to re-insert an out of game shape 7 footer against a running team like Phoenix makes no sense. We all know-- without the injury to Rasho, Nazr doesn't even get the chance to play in the playoffs. Like even now, without the injury to Horry, Nazr would still be sitting on the bench playing mostly when there is foul trouble or garbage time.

2centsworth
02-12-2006, 08:11 PM
Nazr only has 181 career starts in 8 1/2 seasons!! He started for Atlanta in 2001-2002, but then only started 1 game for them the follwing 2 seasons combined and they traded him. He started in NY but them guess what- they traded him, too. Actually, he's been traded 4 times in 8 years. Wonder why?? Oh, and he hasn't started a game all season.

On the other hand, Rasho has 453 starts. In the past 5 seasons, Rasho has started every regular season game he has played in exept one.

As for the playoffs, everyone knows Rasho's ankle wasn't 100% until Phoenix, and attemting to re-insert an out of game shape 7 footer against a running team like Phoenix makes no sense. We all know-- without the injury to Rasho, Nazr doesn't even get the chance to play in the playoffs. Like even now, without the injury to Horry, Nazr would still be sitting on the bench playing mostly when there is foul trouble or garbage time.

the last few years Nazr has been a starter, that's what I mean for awhile. Early in his career he was back and forth from the NBA and CBA.

ploto
02-12-2006, 08:12 PM
When Nazr plays less than 10 minutes tomorrow, I'll be sure to bump that thread.

No. When Rasho plays a bunch of minutes against Ilgauskus tomorrow, it will be apparent why.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-12-2006, 08:12 PM

and we all know with rasho in the starting lineup we WOULD NOT HAVE WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP LAST YEAR. that's just a fact. his rebounding made all the difference which is why he should always be placed ahead of rasho. i dont care that he misses rotations. yes defense is very important but i'm willing to give up a slight amount of our D to greatly improve our rebounding. without nazr's rebounding we would've lost today's game. simple as that. and yes i'm aware of your "nazr -21" or whatever stat.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-12-2006, 08:13 PM
No. When Rasho plays a bunch of minutes against Ilgauskus tomorrow, it will be apparent why.

the only reason he'll be playing a bunch of minutes is b/c hopefully the spurs will have such a huge lead that the 2nd half will all be garbage time.

nazr >>>>>>>>> rasho

end of discussion

ploto
02-12-2006, 08:14 PM
the last few years Nazr has been a starter, that's what I mean for awhile. Early in his career he was back and forth from the NBA and CBA.

One season in NY- that's it. 83 starts in the past 3 1/2 years.

T Park
02-12-2006, 08:17 PM
the only reason he'll be playing a bunch of minutes is b/c hopefully the spurs will have such a huge lead that the 2nd half will all be garbage time

whats the explanation genius for the games Rasho has finished that were tight??

STFU already for christ sakes.

ploto
02-12-2006, 08:18 PM
nazr >>>>>>>>> rasho

end of discussion

Well, Pop apparently doesn't agree.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-12-2006, 08:19 PM

STFU already for christ sakes.

poor substitutions by Pop

which aren't anything new

and yes he's a great coach but some of his substitution decisions leave a lot to be desired and i'm sure a lot of us can agree with that

Amuseddaysleeper
02-12-2006, 08:20 PM
Well, Pop apparently doesn't agree.

and that's the problem

HB22inSA
02-12-2006, 08:20 PM
Someone finally understands.

ChumpDumper
02-12-2006, 08:21 PM
the last few years Nazr has been a starter, that's what I mean for awhile. Early in his career he was back and forth from the NBA and CBA.Really? I don't recall his being in the CBA ever.

No bio I've seen shows that.

ploto
02-12-2006, 08:23 PM

Even before Horry got hurt, Rasho has been playing more and more in crunch time-- Minnesota (twice), New Jersey (twice), Milwaukee, Toronto (twice), Miami, Golden State... All close games that the Spurs won.

With about 2 minutes to go today, Pop pulled Nazr and sent in Horry.

ploto
02-12-2006, 08:25 PM
Someone finally understands.

Do you mean that seriously or sarcastically. I don't know.

HB22inSA
02-12-2006, 08:27 PM
Do you mean that seriously or sarcastically. I don't know.
I'm serious.

I've always thought that Rasho was a huge key in the Spurs defense, and it showed today when the Pacers made their run, with Nazr and Timmy giving up lay-up after lay-up.

ploto
02-12-2006, 08:29 PM
I'm serious.

I've always thought that Rasho was a huge key in the Spurs defense, and it showed today when the Pacers made their run, with Nazr and Timmy giving up lay-up after lay-up.

Thanks for clarifying. I never know for sure. So few people ever agree with me. :lol

T Park
02-12-2006, 08:29 PM
Gee.

Who am I gonna go with,

Popovich

or amuseddaysleeper whos mental ability rivals a centipede.

Gonna take pop.

Yeah ima popsucker, so what.

HB22inSA
02-12-2006, 08:32 PM
"Gregg Popovich is the greatest coach in the History of the Universe."

--HB22inSA, 2006

Amuseddaysleeper
02-12-2006, 08:40 PM
Gee.

Who am I gonna go with,

Popovich

or amuseddaysleeper whos mental ability rivals a centipede.

Gonna take pop.

Yeah ima popsucker, so what.

hey hey come now T Park no need for personal insults. I'm just here to talk ball man. I'm not saying I know more than Pop I'm just saying I don't "agree" with his substitution patterns. but he does have 3 championships for which I'm grateful for

leemajors
02-12-2006, 09:17 PM
correct me if i'm wrong here, but aren't the spurs 40-10 with rasho starting? why would anyone want to change that. we would not have a better record with nazr starting, we would have a better record if manu and tim hadn't been playing hurt or missing games. if rasho's play isn't good we can put nazr in. neither will play the last 5 mins of a game with horry on our team.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-12-2006, 09:19 PM
correct me if i'm wrong here, but aren't the spurs 40-10 with rasho starting? why would anyone want to change that. we would not have a better record with nazr starting, we would have a better record if manu and tim hadn't been playing hurt or missing games. if rasho's play isn't good we can put nazr in. neither will play the last 5 mins of a game with horry on our team.

the spurs also did really well during majority of last season w/ rasho in the lineup

unfortunately the playoffs matter and not the regular season as much and nazr was starting in the playoffs and we went all the way.

if it ain't broke

dont fix it

but i see your point

and your avatar is hillarious

leemajors
02-12-2006, 09:25 PM
talking about the playoffs before the regular season is done is kinda pointless. the only thing you can conclude from nazr's play last year is he is a better matchup vs phoenix and detroit.

yeahone
02-12-2006, 10:02 PM
ccontinue improving Nazr

tim_duncan_fan
02-12-2006, 10:12 PM
start nazr

mavsfan1000
02-12-2006, 10:14 PM
Nazr might be the better player but Rasho is much more effective as a starter than a backup. Defense first.

E20
02-12-2006, 10:22 PM
Pop seems to know when Nazr will be effective and when Rasho will be effective. As far as I see it Nazr and Rasho are 1 player, until one of them start to play consisently good, like Nazr last year.

SpursIndonesia
02-12-2006, 10:23 PM

That's just wrong, cause he already has followers in his mosque of Mohammed (They're quite fanatic too, just look at the Danish embassy around moslem countries)
:elephant

E20
02-12-2006, 10:38 PM
That's just wrong, cause he already has followers in his mosque of Mohammed (They're quite fanatic too, just look at the Danish embassy around moslem countries)
:elephant
That is funny coming from a person who is Indonesian. :lol

gameFACE
02-12-2006, 11:56 PM
Nazr might be the better player but Rasho is much more effective as a starter than a backup. Defense first.
Earning minutes aside, I'm an advocate of giving Nazr a shot at starting to see what he does. But the thought of Rasho coming off the bench is not a good prospect.

SequSpur
02-13-2006, 09:00 AM
Nazr > Avery Johnson.

timvp
02-14-2006, 12:46 AM

Nazr played what ... three minutes in the first half? He would have played under ten minutes if it wasn't a blowout.

timvp is good. Damn good.

Don't make me bump that thread.

:smokin

ChumpDumper
02-14-2006, 12:59 AM
Third person klubying smacks of Karl Malone.

timvp
02-14-2006, 01:56 AM
Don't hate.

Congratulate :)

T Park
02-14-2006, 03:33 AM
yawn.

The helicopters are circling outside TIMVP's house I assume.

ploto
02-14-2006, 09:18 AM
Nazr played what ... three minutes in the first half? He would have played under ten minutes if it wasn't a blowout.

timvp is good. Damn good.

Don't make me bump that thread.

:smokin
Nazr played five minutes in the first quarter and picked up 2 quick fouls. Pop started the second quarter with both Tim and Rasho back in the game and for good reason. In the fourth quarter the Spurs went small. Nazr had the 2 nice offensive rebounds on consecutive possessions but the rest of the time he was busy getting dunked on and turning the ball over.

2centsworth
02-14-2006, 09:23 AM
Nazr played five minutes in the first quarter and picked up 2 quick fouls. Pop started the second quarter with both Tim and Rasho back in the game and for good reason. In the fourth quarter the Spurs went small. Nazr had the 2 nice offensive rebounds on consecutive possessions but the rest of the time he was busy getting dunked on and turning the ball over.
ignore he was the only one to block lebrons shot.

Rummpd
02-14-2006, 09:51 AM
The switch in lineups at the end of the 3rd and beginning of 4th lost the game period.

For the life of me against a very good rebounding team like the Cavs, who were killing the Spurs with OR, to not have either Nazr (who was hustling all around) or Duncan on the floor at all times is sublime.

ploto
02-14-2006, 12:06 PM
The switch in lineups at the end of the 3rd and beginning of 4th lost the game period.

For the life of me against a very good rebounding team like the Cavs, who were killing the Spurs with OR, to not have either Nazr (who was hustling all around) or Duncan on the floor at all times is sublime.

Nazr WAS in the game at the end of the third quarter and early fourth quarter and was replaced by Duncan who played the rest of the game.

Also Nazr had 1 defensive rebound in 12 minutes. He wasn't keeping anyone off the offensive glass and I surely did not see all his great hustle plays you seem to have noticed. All I noticed once again was an opponent who scored at will inside when Nazr came in for Rasho.

ploto
02-14-2006, 12:07 PM
ignore he was the only one to block lebrons shot.

One block does not make up for all the awful defense. I would rather a guy challenge a hundred shots and block none then get one block while not challenging the rest.

ChumpDumper
02-14-2006, 12:31 PM
Really, if Nazr played with any consistency defensively, I'd be more inclined to buy into the conspiracy.

travis2
02-14-2006, 01:01 PM
Against the Pacers, he had 9 offensive rebounds and 0 defensive rebounds. Sure, he's hustling for the offensive boards...but he's getting them because he's out of position on offense.

And his lack of defensive rebounds is quite telling of his inability to figure out the defense he's supposed to be in.

When Buckets had that dunk late in the game? That wasn't Tim who missed the rotation...it was Nazr out of position. Again.

And last night was a disaster for him. He looked like he played for _allas. :rolleyes :lol

timvp
02-14-2006, 04:47 PM
Really, if Nazr played with any consistency defensively, I'd be more inclined to buy into the conspiracy.

You're into your fourth month of excuses. Just admit I was right.

I said Nazr was going to get inconsistent playing time this year. Was I right or wrong?

Apology Accepted.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-14-2006, 04:55 PM
lol..

Marcus Bryant
02-14-2006, 04:58 PM
But Mohammed had a sick wife and kid during training camp...

ploto
02-14-2006, 05:34 PM
You're into your fourth month of excuses. Just admit I was right.

I said Nazr was going to get inconsistent playing time this year. Was I right or wrong?

I agreed Nazr would get inconsistent playing time because the fourth big man always does. Has nothing to do with a conspiracy.

timvp
02-14-2006, 05:35 PM
I agreed Nazr would get inconsistent playing time because the fourth big man always does. Has nothing to do with a conspiracy.

Where were you in October? :)

E20
02-14-2006, 06:42 PM
But Mohammed had a sick wife and kid during training camp...
Nobody cares.......... :lol