PDA

View Full Version : Pacers number two in ESPN Power Rankings...

Pooh
11-10-2003, 10:03 PM
For those Pacers fans, who already know who the best team is...this only goes to prove it.

Rank (Last Wk) Team Rec. Comment
1 (1) Lakers 5-1 Six guys scored all the points vs. Spurs. Fab Four scored 103 of the 120 points. Over long haul, Lakers will have to spread it more.

2 (8) Pacers 6-1 Whatever Carlisle is doing with Artest, he should keep doing it, because Artest is looking -- gasp -- composed. Playing well, too.

3 (9) Pistons 5-1 Haven't lost since Opening Night. Better yet, have never seen Big Ben score the way he's scoring, up to 11 ppg from 7.

4 (6) Hornets 5-2 Yikes. Did we just put three East teams in top four? Baron's getting his way these days.

5 (4) Mavericks 4-3 You know there's a scoring problem out there when Mavs go for 71 and 81 points in back-to-back games. And they had Nash back in uniform for the second one.

6 (2) Spurs 3-4 System is so effective, Spurs can lose Duncan and plug Jason Hart (who?) in for Parker and still play Lakers and Mavs evenly. Opponents better enjoy Spurs' injury plight while it lasts.

7 (13) Rockets 4-1 If first five games are true reading, Van
Gundy has made immediate impact, especially defensively. Problem is, Houston has only played one sure playoff team so far.

8 (3) Kings 3-3 Who knew, without Webber, that defense would suffer most? Kings giving up points like they did in J-Will era.

9 (5) Timberwolves 4-3 Florida road trip was timely tonic for team still missing Wally and Troy. Playing shorthanded might be wearing on KG, who's on pace to ring up 47 Ts.

10 (7) Nets 3-4 To protect Zo, with K-Mart already out, Lord Byron keeps bringing Mourning off bench. But there's a new concern: Is Kidd logging too many minutes?

DanthePacerfan
11-10-2003, 11:31 PM
They are also #2 on Insidehoops.com power rankings.

Just wanted to say hi I check out fullsportspress sometimes but this is the first time I noticed a pacers board. There are a lot of Pacer fans over at pacersdigest.com they have a board also. Stop in and say hi.

Pooh
11-11-2003, 01:43 AM
Thanks for dropping in, this board has been up a little over a month now, just before pacersdigest showed up. But I have been over there and I have posted some, don't be stranger over here either...the more posters the better I always think.