PDA

View Full Version : Cheney Accidentally Shoots Fellow Hunter

IX_Equilibrium
02-12-2006, 04:05 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060212/ap_on_go_pr_wh/cheney_hunting_accident

WASHINGTON - Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shot and injured a man during a weekend quail hunting trip in Texas, his spokeswoman said Sunday.

Harry Whittington, 78, was "alert and doing fine" after Cheney sprayed Whittington with shotgun pellets on Saturday at the Armstrong Ranch in south Texas, said property owner Katharine Armstrong.

Armstrong said Cheney turned to shoot a bird and accidentally hit Whittington. She said Whittington was taken to Corpus Christi Memorial Hospital by ambulance.

Cheney's spokeswoman, Lea Anne McBride, said the vice president was with Whittington, a lawyer from Austin, Texas, and his wife at the hospital on Sunday afternoon.

What a fuckstick

ChumpDumper
02-12-2006, 04:37 PM
Harry must've cracked a WMD joke in the Tahoe on the way to the hunt.

George W Bush
02-12-2006, 04:42 PM
I told Dick to shoot him cuz that boy talked trash
about my handlin' of my war.

But just cuz I admit that don't mean I have to
admit that I admitted it.

I'm George W Bush and I just made my head hurt. :tu

King
02-12-2006, 05:14 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060212/ap_on_go_pr_wh/cheney_hunting_accident

WASHINGTON - Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shot and injured a man during a weekend quail hunting trip in Texas, his spokeswoman said Sunday.

Harry Whittington, 78, was "alert and doing fine" after Cheney sprayed Whittington with shotgun pellets on Saturday at the Armstrong Ranch in south Texas, said property owner Katharine Armstrong.

Armstrong said Cheney turned to shoot a bird and accidentally hit Whittington. She said Whittington was taken to Corpus Christi Memorial Hospital by ambulance.

Cheney's spokeswoman, Lea Anne McBride, said the vice president was with Whittington, a lawyer from Austin, Texas, and his wife at the hospital on Sunday afternoon.

What a fuckstick

Did you not see the 'accidentally' part? I'm sure somehow this will reflect on his and Bush's intelligence, because people look for anything.

ChumpDumper
02-12-2006, 05:16 PM
Hails of derisive laughter.

exstatic
02-12-2006, 06:10 PM
Cheney shouldn't even have a remote control, let alone a gun.

timvp
02-12-2006, 06:10 PM
The only good terrorist is a dead terrorist.

exstatic
02-12-2006, 06:11 PM
Of course, as is their haibt, they tried to cover it up. The story was hushed for 24 hours, and the hostess of the ranch broke it to the local CC newspapaer.

Vashner
02-12-2006, 06:24 PM
Rofl...

IX_Equilibrium
02-12-2006, 06:52 PM
Did you not see the 'accidentally' part?

Yes, I did. What's your point?

TxJudsonRocketTx
02-12-2006, 08:07 PM
Id like to see what Dick Cheney himself has to say about this. Where is he?

IceColdBrewski
02-12-2006, 08:32 PM
Id like to see what Dick Cheney himself has to say about this. Where is he?

In an undisclosed location.

Kinda makes you wonder who would come back alive if Cheney and Bobby Knight ever went on a hunting trip together.

hussker
02-12-2006, 09:05 PM
HA! This could have all been avoided if there were wiretaps required in Shotgun casings.

George W Bush
02-12-2006, 09:11 PM
HA! This could have all been avoided if there were wiretaps required in Shotgun casings.

I'll get on it.

Guru of Nothing
02-12-2006, 09:12 PM
Of course, as is their haibt, they tried to cover it up. The story was hushed for 24 hours, and the hostess of the ranch broke it to the local CC newspapaer.

I assume alcohol was involved.

midgetonadonkey
02-12-2006, 09:38 PM
My mom works at Memorial Hospital and called me when that dude was put in her unit. She also saw Barbara Bush there and was kind of excited. She has never really seen anyone famous before.

hussker
02-12-2006, 09:42 PM
I assume alcohol was involved.

I heard his internal defibrillator misfired and threw off his shot as he reached for his chest...200 joules hurts!

Vashner
02-12-2006, 09:50 PM
I was watching duck hunting on tv the other day was was like "damn dude watch out".

One time at the pistol range (military) we where shooting M9 9mm's and this idiot got a hot brass in his shirt. And was jumping up and down but kept shooting. I was like dude if you can't control your weapon stop fucking shooting...

Harry Whittington
02-12-2006, 10:38 PM
I was watching duck hunting on tv the other day was was like "damn dude watch out".

One time at the pistol range (military) we where shooting M9 9mm's and this idiot got a hot brass in his shirt. And was jumping up and down but kept shooting. I was like dude if you can't control your weapon stop fucking shooting...

All I know is, it FUCKING hurt! I kept hearing that bastard Mumble...Whittington of Mass Destruction...Whittington of Mass Destruction, and then I felt this searing in my shoulder as the bastard slumped over!

Those Wyoming fucks can hit nothing smaller than an Elk on purpose! BASTARDS!

George W Bush
02-12-2006, 10:41 PM
All I know is, it FUCKING hurt! I kept hearing that bastard Mumble...Whittington of Mass Destruction...Whittington of Mass Destruction, and then I felt this searing in my shoulder as the bastard slumped over!

Yea, that's right boy,
damn Dick Cheney, he can't never do the job right.

I'm George W Bush and I approved that attempt :tu

Nbadan
02-13-2006, 01:18 AM

:lmao

Murphy
02-13-2006, 10:13 AM
liberals aren't satisfied because Cheney didn't kill the guy

xrayzebra
02-13-2006, 10:22 AM
The only good terrorist is a dead terrorist.

Hey he was a lawyer. Fair game.

Sportcamper
02-13-2006, 10:30 AM
http://www.grouchyoldcripple.com/archives/10ways-thumb.jpg

nkdlunch
02-13-2006, 11:07 AM
He's not used to guns anymore since perfecting his Darth Cheney Choke

cheguevara
02-13-2006, 11:08 AM
what a fucking deuche

Yonivore
02-13-2006, 12:21 PM
I'd still rather go hunting with Vice President Cheney than take a driving tour of Martha's Vineyard with Teddy Kennedy.

Mary Jo Kopeckne was unavailable for comment...

Sportcamper
02-13-2006, 12:46 PM
http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20060212/capt.3de666cac2cf46fc85f3bd4350245ba8.cheney_hunti ng_accident_ny111.jpg

She’s a real beauty, can’t wait till lawyer season...

Darrin
02-13-2006, 01:41 PM
What is going to happen if the President chokes on a pretzel and the VP is doin' time for trying to knock off a lawyer?

In all seriousness, this just made me smirk a little. Nothing to get too riled up over.

boutons_
02-13-2006, 02:46 PM
February 13, 2006

Hunting Victim Patriarch of Texas GOP
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Filed at 2:21 p.m. ET

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- The man accidentally shot by Vice President Dick Cheney is an avid hunter and a longtime Republican activist who owns the downtown building where the GOP's rise to power in Texas was in large part engineered.

Harry Whittington, 78, was in stable condition at a Corpus Christi hospital Monday, recovering from birdshot wounds after he was shot on Saturday on a South Texas ranch.

Whittington, a lawyer, owns the Vaughn building in Austin, which has hosted Republican campaign headquarters for decades. George W. Bush used the building for his gubernatorial campaigns, current Texas Gov. Rick Perry is there now, and Karl Rove, the architect of Bush's rise to the presidency, used to have an office there as well.

Over the years, the party evolved from minor player to the dominant force in the state. Every statewide elected official in Texas is a Republican.

''Anyone who's been involved in Republican politics in 20 years knows and respects Harry Whittington,'' Republican consultant Ray Sullivan said. ''Twenty years ago there were very few prominent Republicans in Texas and even fewer in Austin. He was a Texas Republican long before it was cool.''

Bill Crocker, a member of the Republican National Committee, said he has been hunting with Whittington before. He described Whittington as a safety-conscious hunter and a good shot.

Whittington's friends also said he has great sense of humor and will probably crack a lot of jokes about the accident.

''I cannot wait to hear his take on this,'' Crocker said.

Whittington has been in Texas politics nearly a half-century.

In 1961, he worked on John Tower's campaign for the Senate and later helped a young George W. Bush run Congress, a race he lost.

He has been a go-to guy for governors trying to clean up troubled state agencies and has served on state boards for nearly 30 years.

In the 1980s, Republican Gov. Bill Clements appointed him to the old Texas Board of Corrections, which oversaw a state prison system a federal judge had declared unconstitutional because of brutal conditions. Whittington became an advocate for change.

Whittington also has been an advocate of the rights of mentally retarded inmates.

In addition, he served on the Texas Bond Review Board and Texas Public Finance Authority, which oversaw state bond issues.

''He's the perfect person to come in and fix a bad situation,'' Sullivan said.

In 1999, Bush appointed him to lead a restructured Texas Funeral Services Commission, which was embroiled in a whistleblower lawsuit filed by former executive director Eliza May. She alleged she was fired because of her investigation into SCI, the world's largest funeral company.

The lawsuit was settled in 2001. Whittington's term is set to expire next year.

He has also contributed $3,000 to Bush's two campaigns for president.

Locally, Whittington is also known as the attorney who had the patience to take on City Hall. The city condemned a downtown block owned by his family to build a parking garage. Whittington has waged a six-year legal battle that has so far halted the project.

^------

Associated Press Writer Kelley Shannon in Austin contributed to this report.

* Copyright 2006 The Associated Press

Oh, Gee!!
02-13-2006, 03:44 PM
I'd still rather go hunting with Vice President Cheney than take a driving tour of Martha's Vineyard with Teddy Kennedy.

Mary Jo Kopeckne was unavailable for comment...

is that how they (rush, hannity, and your right-wing bloggers) are telling you to spin this story?

Yonivore
02-13-2006, 04:19 PM
is that how they (rush, hannity, and your right-wing bloggers) are telling you to spin this story?
What's to spin? It was a freakin' hunting accident. Jeeze Louise!

Darrin
02-13-2006, 04:20 PM
What's to spin? It was a freakin' hunting accident. Jeeze Louise!

I have to agree. This is a story to laugh at and move on.

cheguevara
02-13-2006, 04:22 PM
http://www.nonstick.com/sounds/Elmer.gif

thought he was a wittle wabbit!

Darrin
02-13-2006, 04:25 PM
http://www.nonstick.com/sounds/Elmer.gif

:lol :lol :lol

Yonivore
02-13-2006, 04:25 PM
No, he thought he was a --

http://www.collectr.com/ce/images/cpquayled.jpg

I can't wait to see how Leno treats this one tonight...

Vashner
02-13-2006, 04:26 PM
It would be a bigger deal if he was running in 08.

Darrin
02-13-2006, 04:29 PM
http://www.collectr.com/ce/images/cpquayled.jpg

P-O-T-A-T-O-E

Darrin
02-13-2006, 04:32 PM
I can't wait to see how Leno treats this one tonight...

I am so taping the "Daily Show" tonight. This ranks up with the pretzel and Bush murdering the "Fool me once, shame on me..." saying.

Nbadan
02-13-2006, 04:38 PM
Here's a good reference point: Cheney was 30 ft from Mr. Whittington shooting a 7.5 shot...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/goodboyDU/2976.jpg

Murphy
02-13-2006, 05:16 PM
i'm going to be the first person to say something humane about the incident.....My prayers go out to Harry Whittington, I wish him a speedy recovery.

Darrin
02-13-2006, 05:20 PM
i'm going to be the first person to say something humane about the incident.....My prayers go out to Harry Whittington, I wish him a speedy recovery.

Amen.

Harry Whittington
02-13-2006, 06:03 PM

Thanks buddy. I am doing better already!

Mr. Peabody
02-13-2006, 06:09 PM
How does the Vice-President have time to go hunting? Aren't we in the middle of a war? Isn't this a time of such crisis that our very liberties are nothing but mere luxuries that we must set aside to protect ourselves?

There is so much immediate and impending danger that the VP has time to hunt for quail.... :rolleyes

Harry Whittington
02-13-2006, 06:11 PM
How does the Vice-President have time to go hunting? Aren't we in the middle of a war? Isn't this a time of such crisis that our very liberties are nothing but mere luxuries that we must set aside to protect ourselves?

There is so much immediate and impending danger that the VP has time to hunt for quail.... :rolleyes

And BIG ASS QUAIL TOO...

That SUMBITCH!

Spam
02-13-2006, 06:16 PM
This wouldn't have happened if Cheney had a heart.

Oh, Gee!!
02-13-2006, 06:17 PM

We've run out of innocent Iraqi civilians, so Cheney has to quench his lust for blood on Texas lawyers I guess

Mr. Peabody
02-13-2006, 06:33 PM
We've run out of innocent Iraqi civilians, so Cheney has to quench his lust for blood on Texas lawyers I guess

FWD beware!!!!! :shootme

SA210
02-13-2006, 06:57 PM
^^^

Well now that depends on the time of the shooting, place of the shooting and in what manner he shot him.

SA210
02-13-2006, 07:09 PM
Secret Service agents prevented local law enforcement from interviewing Cheney the day of the incident.

Cheney spoke with them Sunday.
And he didn't have an "Upland game bird stamp"

:lol

Yonivore
02-13-2006, 08:43 PM

I gave you too much credit. You are an idiot.

Mr. Peabody
02-13-2006, 09:27 PM

You're an idiot if you don't see the irony in the administration alleging expanded powers because we are in the middle of a war and yet, the VP finds enough time during the "war" to go hunting.

Are we in the middle of a war or not?

If we are, should our VP take vacation during the war?

IX_Equilibrium
02-13-2006, 09:43 PM

Yes, he needs a break from the clusterfuck in Iraq that he helped create.

SA210
02-13-2006, 09:56 PM
You're an idiot if you don't see the irony in the administration alleging expanded powers because we are in the middle of a war and yet, the VP finds enough time during the "war" to go hunting.

Are we in the middle of a war or not?

Well, since this administration is full of pansies who won't go fight their own war and they like to dodge drafts, they can at least go shoot defensless animals to feel tough.

Harry Whittington
02-13-2006, 10:34 PM
Well, since this administration is full of pansies who won't go fight their own war and they like to dodge drafts, they can at least go shoot defensless animals to feel tough.

OR SHOOT ME! SUMBITCH!!!

ChumpDumper
02-13-2006, 11:09 PM
Holy shit -- "The Daily Show" has enough material for the whole week from this thing.

Hook Dem
02-14-2006, 10:18 AM
http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/2152/cheney4jh.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Vashner
02-15-2006, 12:43 AM
Shooting Cartoons. Some funny ones in there.

Of course it's all bullshit but we can laugh instead of burning the writers flags and shit.

http://cagle.com/news/CheneyShoots/main.asp

AngryMan
02-15-2006, 08:05 AM

Man...sit yo' green party lovin', republican wannabee ass down and shut-up! You've used up all your credit up in here with your Bush lovin' postin'.
Hit the bricks!!!

Tony Soprano
02-15-2006, 09:17 AM
Yoni needs to be taken out and buried in the desert.
All due respect.

SA210
02-15-2006, 10:11 AM
guys back in ICU

xrayzebra
02-15-2006, 10:19 AM
:sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep

SA210
02-15-2006, 10:50 AM
February 14th, 2006 2:08 pm
Hunter shot by Cheney has 'minor heart attack'

CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/14/cheney/index.html)) -- The fellow hunter who was shot and wounded by Vice President Dick Cheney has suffered a "minor heart attack" after a piece of birdshot migrated to his heart, a hospital spokesman said Tuesday.

Harry Whittington, 78, is in stable condition in intensive care and will remain hospitalized for up to seven days, hospital officials said.

"Some of the bird shot appears to have moved and lodged into part of his heart ... in what we would say is a minor heart attack," said Peter Banko, administrator at Christus Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Memorial.

Cheney and Whittington were hunting quail on a friend's south Texas ranch Saturday when the vice president shot and wounded him.

Doctors were deciding how to treat Whittington's condition, which was discovered after doctors noticed an irregularity in his heartbeat, Banko said.

Dr. David Blanchard, the hospital's emergency room chief, said Whittington suffered an "asymptomatic heart attack," without displaying symptoms such as chest pains or breathing difficulty. He said a roughly 5 mm piece of shot became lodged in or alongside Whittington's heart muscle, causing the organ's upper two chambers to beat irregularly.

Physicians from the White House staff, who helped treat Whittington after Cheney shot him in a Saturday hunting accident, have been consulted on the situation, Banko said.

Authorities have cleared Cheney of wrongdoing in the accidental shooting of Whittington, but questions about Saturday's incident remain.

During Tuesday's White House news conference, spokesman Scott McClellan was asked if waiting 14 hours after the shooting before Cheney spoke with police was appropriate, and whether an average citizen would have been afforded the same amount of time.

"That was what was arranged with the local law enforcement authorities," McClellan said. "You ought to ask them that question."

McClellan referred other questions about Cheney's shooting of Whittington, a Bush-Cheney campaign contributor, to the vice president's office and local police.

Cheney arrived for work at the White House on Tuesday without comment and a spokeswoman said the vice president had no plans for any public statement about the matter.

"This department is fully satisfied that this was no more than a hunting accident," the Kenedy County Sheriff's Department announced in a statement issued Monday evening.

Sheriff's deputies in Kenedy County, near Corpus Christi, questioned Cheney on Sunday and Whittington on Monday.

A prominent Texas lawyer and a campaign donor to the Bush-Cheney campaigns in 2000 and 2004, Whittington was hit on the right side of his face, neck and chest when Cheney turned to fire on a covey of quail at a ranch near Kingsville, Texas, on Saturday. But Cheney's office did not disclose the shooting until Sunday afternoon, after the family that owns the ranch told a Corpus Christi newspaper about it.

McClellan told reporters on Monday that the focus in the immediate aftermath of the shooting was to make sure the man Cheney wounded got medical attention.

"It's important, always, to work to make sure you get information out like this as quickly as possible," McClellan said. "But it's also important to make sure that the first priority is focused where it should be, and that is making sure that Mr. Whittington has the care that he needs."

McClellan said Cheney agreed that his friend Katharine Armstrong, who accompanied the shooting party, should tell the Corpus Christi Caller-Times about the incident, a move that provoked sharp questions from reporters.

Asked whether it was appropriate "for a private citizen to be the person to disseminate the information that the vice president of the United States has shot someone," McClellan said, "That's one way to provide information to the public."

"The vice president spoke with her directly and agreed that she should make it public and that they would provide additional information," he said.

Cheney, an avid hunter, was shooting at a covey of quail at the Armstrong Ranch near Kingsville, southwest of Corpus Christi, when the accident occurred. According to Armstrong, a daughter of Anne Armstrong, Whittington shot a quail, dropped back from the rest of the hunting party to retrieve it and was rejoining the group when Cheney fired.

Katharine Armstrong said no one discussed informing the public about the incident until Sunday morning, when she and her mother raised the matter with Cheney. Saturday night, she said, "The only concern we all had was about Harry."

But she said Cheney made it clear he knew it had to be made public.

A medical team accompanying the vice president administered first aid to Whittington when the accident occurred at 5:50 p.m., Secret Service spokesman Tom Mazur said. The Secret Service told sheriff's deputies about the accident an hour later, after Whittington was headed for a hospital in Kingsville and the hunting party had returned to the ranch house, he said.

A Kenedy County sheriff's deputy questioned Cheney about the shooting on Sunday, Mazur said.

White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card told President Bush about 7:30 p.m. Saturday that there had been a hunting accident, but Card did not know the vice president had been involved at the time, the White House said. About 8 p.m., after talking with Armstrong, Deputy Chief of Staff Karl Rove told Bush that Cheney had shot Whittington.

Whittington was hit upon rejoining the group and "apparently came up unannounced" as Cheney prepared to fire, Armstrong said Sunday.

Whittington has been active in Texas GOP politics since the 1960s and served as chairman of the state Board of Corrections from 1979 to 1985. In 1999, then-Gov. Bush named him to the state Funeral Services Commission, which had been stung by allegations of widespread corruption and mismanagement in the industry.

Anne Armstrong served on the board of directors of Halliburton, the oil field service company Cheney ran before becoming vice president. She also served as U.S. ambassador to Britain in the Ford administration.

CNN's Dana Bash, Suzanne Malveaux and Tim McCaughan contributed to this report.

SA210
02-15-2006, 11:33 AM
Dick Cheney is gonna speak for the 1st time on this later today in a 1 on 1 interview with Brit Hume on Fox News.

:lmao what a wimp.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11361657/

SA210
02-15-2006, 12:10 PM
Cheney to speak about shooting today
Controversy continues over White House handling of hunting incident

NBC, MSNBC and news services
Updated: 11:45 a.m. ET Feb. 15, 2006

WASHINGTON - Vice President Dick Cheney on Wednesday will make his first public comments on the accidental shooting of a hunting partner.

The White House announced Wednesday morning that Cheney would be interviewed by Fox News at 2 p.m. ET.

Fox planned to air the interview during its news program at 6 p.m. ET, but it was not clear if excerpts would be available beforehand.

Cheney’s office said it knew of no ground rules or limitations on subject matter. Many media observers consider Fox's coverage to favor conservative issues and see it as friendly to Cheney and other members of the Bush administration.

Sources earlier told NBC News that Cheney was preparing to speak to the issue, but they also cautioned that “we're at Wednesday” and suggested that progress made by Harry Whittington, the 78-year-old lawyer shot by Cheney, would play a big role in how any public comment is handled.

Journalists have been scrambling to piece together the full story behind the accident last Saturday at a Texas ranch. Meanwhile, Republican party pressure on Cheney to address the issue has been growing.

While politically motivated rants and bad jokes about the shooting spread like wildfire through office corridors and around the Web, Whittington’s doctors said he had suffered "a silent heart attack" when birdshot from Cheney's errant blast moved into or was touching his heart.

Whittington was immediately moved back to the intensive care unit for further treatment at a Corpus Christi, Texas, hospital, and the vice president, lauded and pilloried as the unflappable fix-it man of the Bush administration, once again moved into the white-hot spotlight of controversy.

Cheney issued a brief written statement saying that he "stood ready to assist" and that "his thoughts and prayers are with Mr. Whittington and his family," but the lack of any public comment from the vice president on the incident itself has only fueled questions and theories about what actually happened at Katharine Armstrong's 50,000-acre spread.

The dustup over the accident and when it was made public "is part of the secretive nature of this administration," said Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid of Nevada. "I think it’s time the American people heard from the vice president."

According to a Texas Parks and Wildlife Department report issued Monday, Whittington was retrieving a downed quail about 5:30 p.m. CT and stepped out of the hunting line he was sharing with Cheney at Armstrong's ranch south of Corpus Christi. "Another covey was flushed and Cheney swung on a bird and fired, striking Whittington in the face, neck and chest at approximately 30 yards," the report said.

The report went on to note that neither Cheney, who wielded a .28-gauge Perazzi shotgun loaded with 7.5 birdshot, nor Whittington appeared to be under the influence of intoxicants or drugs. While Whittington had not taken a hunter safety course, optional for hunters of his and Cheney's age in Texas, state officials could not determine if Cheney had, the report said. While they had Texas hunting licenses, both men were admonished for failing to buy a $7 stamp allowing them to shoot upland game birds. A department spokesman said warnings are being issued in most cases because the stamp requirement only went into effect five months ago and many hunters weren’t aware of it.

The department found the main cause of the accident was a “hunter’s judgment factor.” No secondary factors were found to have played a role.

Late Tuesday, Whittington, a wealthy Republican donor, was in stable condition and expected to stay in the hospital for another week to make sure that more birdshot does not move to vital organs.

Hospital officials said they knew that Whittington had some birdshot near his heart ever since the Saturday evening shooting. The pellet always was at risk of moving closer since scar tissue had not had time to harden and remain in place, they said.

They said they are not concerned about other birdshot — widely estimated to be between six and 200 pieces — that might still be lodged in Whittington’s body.

The doctors said Whittington did not experience classic symptoms of a heart attack, but they estimate that he probably had a minor or "silent" one around 6:30 a.m. CT. They said they decided to treat the situation “conservatively” rather than conduct surgery to remove the pellet. They said he could live a healthy life with it left in place.

Asked whether the pellet could move further into the heart and become fatal, hospital officials said that was a hypothetical question they could not answer. But they said they are extremely optimistic that he will recover.

Controversy swirled around the incident almost as soon as national reporters got wind of it because more than 20 hours elapsed before any public word about it, which then came via a call from ranch owner Armstrong to a local newspaper in Corpus Christi, reportedly with Cheney's consent. Also, it wasn't until the morning after the shooting that Cheney and members of his party were interviewed by local law enforcement.

Bush quickly learned about shooting

President Bush was told about Cheney’s involvement in the accident shortly before 8 p.m. ET Saturday — about 90 minutes after it occurred — but the White House did not disclose the accident until Sunday afternoon, and then only in response to press questions.

Facing a press corps upset that news had been withheld, White House press secretary Scott McClellan said, “If you want to continue to spend time on that, that’s fine. ... We’re moving on to the priorities of the American people. That’s where our focus is.”:lol

The shooting presents a new problem for the White House as it seeks to repair damaged credibility in a midterm election year in which continued GOP control of Congress hangs in the balance.

Cheney, 65, whose “favorable” rating was just 24 percent in a recent CBS-New York Times poll, has found himself in other storms swirling around the Bush presidency.

His strong insistence that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction helped build the case for the U.S. invasion of Iraq. He also has played the role of point man in the National Security Agency’s warrantless wiretapping program in the war on terror.

And, more recently, his indicted former chief of staff — I. Lewis “Scooter” Libby — testified to a grand jury about being authorized to disclose classified information to the press in the CIA leak case “by his superiors,” according to court documents. Democrats have demanded to know whether Cheney was one of those superiors.

“These things become symptoms of a broader disquiet with Cheney,” said Paul C. Light, professor of public service at New York University.

'Such an anger toward Cheney'
Among moderate and liberal Americans, “there is such an anger toward Cheney,” Light said. “There are people who believed he pulled the trigger figuratively on a lot of things. Vice presidents can get away with hitting people with golf balls, but they can’t get away with shooting people with shotguns.”

Cheney succeeded in avoiding reporters during a visit to Capitol Hill on Tuesday for meetings with lawmakers.

The terse, unsigned statement issued by Cheney's office said the vice president had phoned Whittington from the White House.

Whittington’s “spirits were good, but obviously his situation deserves the careful monitoring that his doctors are providing,” the statement said.

Unlike the president, who is accompanied by a news media pool whenever he travels in public, Cheney repeatedly makes unannounced trips around town and around the country — as he did with his weekend hunting excursion in south Texas, and again on his trip to the Capitol on Tuesday.

Cheney remains popular with the GOP conservative base. Ed Goeas, a Republican pollster and strategist, said that all vice presidents have to overcome the fact that “you never get the benefit of the doubt for the good things you do, and never any lack of blame for the bad things.”

He said he expects the controversy to pass, especially if Whittington makes a full recovery.
If the shooting victim’s condition worsens, that could increase the seriousness of the incident, and bring more scrutiny to bear on what exactly happened on the private Texas ranch.

“But if somehow the president considers Cheney gets to be a liability, I think that getting rid of him or encouraging him to step down would cause problems for the Republicans with their base,” said Ross Baker, a Rutgers University political scientist.

“And Cheney is like a member of the Bush family. The president would no sooner push Cheney overboard than he would Jeb,” Baker said, referring to Bush brother Jeb Bush, the governor of Florida.

NBC's Kelly O'Donnell and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

SA210
02-15-2006, 01:10 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b381/livindeadboi/JB/cheney_nra_gun.jpg

Peter
02-15-2006, 01:15 PM
I'm glad that our political news is dominated by such weighty matters. It's not as if there weren't other issues of greater import and potential negative impact facing the administration a scant week ago. I guess if you are obsessed with the current administration might a story like this move so effortlessly from comedy to conspiracy.

It's can't be out desperation for lack of negative news, so what is it?

Nbadan
02-15-2006, 01:19 PM
Speaking of conspiracy, one rumor spreading on the internet is that Whittington has been dead since Sunday. I think this story has moved on from the actual incident to how poorly the Vice President's people handled the media.

Peter
02-15-2006, 01:27 PM
Sure, and that is of minimal consequence. This is why this country devotes substantial resources and efforts to 'Get Out the Vote' campaigns. Most people need some prodding to engage in the democratic process when crap like this is given such importance.

You'd have to think that the White House would rather endure another week or two of this story dominating the airwaves.

Nbadan
02-15-2006, 01:27 PM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2006/02/14/politics/15shotgun_lg.gif

New reports are that Whittington also has a pellet lodged in his liver.

Nbadan
02-15-2006, 01:34 PM
Here's a copy of the incident report from the Tx Parks and Wildlife...

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art3/0213061cheney1.gif
Smoking Gun (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0213061cheney1.html)

Peter
02-15-2006, 01:38 PM
I will admit that the Times running an explanation of how a shotgun works is rather humorous.

Yonivore
02-15-2006, 01:42 PM
Remember how in Rock 'N Roll High School (don't tell me you haven't seen it), lab mice spontaneously exploded when exposed to rock music?

I think Cheney should use his interview with Brit Hume to announce that's he going to be a candidate for president in '08. I think all over Washington the Dana Milbanks and Helen Thomases would simply explode.

Peter
02-15-2006, 01:50 PM
^ I just read that elsewhere.

SA210
02-15-2006, 01:51 PM
I will admit that the Times running an explanation of how a shotgun works is rather humorous.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b381/livindeadboi/JB/cheney_shotgun.jpg

Yonivore
02-15-2006, 02:01 PM
^ I just read that elsewhere.
You get around.

Peter
02-15-2006, 02:02 PM
I have the link, if you need it.

Yonivore
02-15-2006, 02:04 PM
I have the link, if you need it.
No, I know exactly from where I stole it.

Oh, Gee!!
02-15-2006, 02:07 PM
No, I know exactly from where I stole it.

I have a feeling this isn't the first time you've failed to credit a source.

SA210
02-15-2006, 02:08 PM
It's his experience in law enforcement and the medical field.

Yonivore
02-15-2006, 02:12 PM
Not much escapes you.

I've never claimed originality in my posts. I merely find statements with which I agree and for which I believe there is adequate support and post them. Why re-invent the wheel?

Besides, It's not like I'm doing this for fortune or fame. In that I'm anonymous, what do I care about my credibility...it's the words of others.

Peter
02-15-2006, 02:14 PM
Well, if you don't care, why be here?

Yonivore
02-15-2006, 02:16 PM
Well, if you don't care, why be here?
I don't know, entertainment?

Really though, do you anticipate a resolution to any world problem to result from the discussions had in this forum?

For that matter, do you expect any of your personal problems to be resolved?

Peter
02-15-2006, 02:20 PM
I don't know, entertainment?

Really though, do you anticipate a resolution to any world problem to result from the discussions had in this forum?

Nope. This is a discussion forum, not a policy one.

For that matter, do you expect any of your personal problems to be resolved?

The vigor with which you participate here would seem to indicate that you do.

Yonivore
02-15-2006, 02:22 PM
Nope. This is a discussion forum, not a policy one.
So, I raise points of discussion...why would they necessarily have to be my own. Many are, but why do you care from where they come? It's not like I have personal reputation at stake.

The vigor with which you participate here would seem to indicate that you do.
I think I have an OCD.

Oh, Gee!!
02-15-2006, 02:22 PM
Not much escapes you.

I've never claimed originality in my posts. I merely find statements with which I agree and for which I believe there is adequate support and post them. Why re-invent the wheel?

Besides, It's not like I'm doing this for fortune or fame. In that I'm anonymous, what do I care about my credibility...it's the words of others.

the unfunny joke you posted is not a big deal. I've just noticed that you submit other people's words sometimes without mentioning a link to the original source.

you don't have to claim originality when the thoughts presented are actually your own thoughts, or at least in your own words. But when you cut and paste entire paragraphs of other people's words, you should give credit. Otherwise, it appears that you are trying to pass off someone's work as your own. Most people around here provide links when they do this. You don't always.

Yonivore
02-15-2006, 02:31 PM
the unfunny joke you posted is not a big deal. I've just noticed that you submit other people's words sometimes without mentioning a link to the original source.

you don't have to claim originality when the thoughts presented are actually your own thoughts, or at least in your own words. But when you cut and paste entire paragraphs of other people's words, you should give credit. Otherwise, it appears that you are trying to pass off someone's work as your own. Most people around here provide links when they do this. You don't always.
Again, you're really on top of this breaking scandal.

But, really, so what? People, in this and other forums, rarely do what they should.

Giving credit -- in many cases -- only leads to the obligatory flaming of the source and the discussion dies. I'd rather concentrate on the content and whether or not it has merit...thus keeping the conversation alive.

But, that's just me.

Look, if you don't like my approach to this forum, put me on ignore. I've done that to many in whom I'm no longer interested in what they say here.

Oh, Gee!!
02-15-2006, 02:33 PM
Again, you're really on top of this breaking scandal.

But, really, so what? People, in this and other forums, rarely do what they should.

Giving credit -- in many cases -- only leads to the obligatory flaming of the source and the discussion dies. I'd rather concentrate on the content and whether or not it has merit...thus keeping the conversation alive.

But, that's just me.

Look, if you don't like my approach to this forum, put me on ignore. I've done that to many in whom I'm no longer interested in what they say here.

You sure have a lot of anger for someone who "doesn't care." And, I'll drop it. I don't care enough to continue the discussion.

Yonivore
02-15-2006, 02:34 PM
You sure have a lot of anger for someone who "doesn't care."
You have a funny definition of anger.

cheguevara
02-15-2006, 02:41 PM
Speaking of conspiracy, one rumor spreading on the internet is that Whittington has been dead since Sunday. I think this story has moved on from the actual incident to how poorly the Vice President's people handled the media.

oh shit. no wonder they are so secretive. they are probably cloning the poor bastard as we speak. or even trying to use vodoo magic to trun him into a zombie.

Ocotillo
02-15-2006, 03:00 PM
MSNBC had reported that Armstrong (the ranch owner) said some alcohol may have been involved. The statement she made did not say Cheney had been drinking but nonetheless her quote was removed from the MSNBC.

As for the comments that this is much ado about nothing and there are other more pressing matters.......come on. The vice president of the U.S. shoots a man, even if it is accidentally is huge news.

Then add to the mix he is one of the most secretive SOBs to ever hold the office, he did not release the news, there are questions about when the president was informed, was alcohol involved, was the guy really 30 feet from the VP when he was shot, Darth Cheney has yet to publically apologize, wingnut smear types are already saying it's Harry Whittington's fault.

It's a huge story.

Cheney could have squelched all of this by issuing a statement and apology right away but rather than facing up to his personal mistake, he cut and ran. He hides behind his office.

What a coward.......just like when he was getting those deferments.

Yonivore
02-15-2006, 03:27 PM
MSNBC had reported that Armstrong (the ranch owner) said some alcohol may have been involved. The statement she made did not say Cheney had been drinking but nonetheless her quote was removed from the MSNBC.

As for the comments that this is much ado about nothing and there are other more pressing matters.......come on. The vice president of the U.S. shoots a man, even if it is accidentally is huge news.

Then add to the mix he is one of the most secretive SOBs to ever hold the office, he did not release the news, there are questions about when the president was informed, was alcohol involved, was the guy really 30 feet from the VP when he was shot, Darth Cheney has yet to publically apologize, wingnut smear types are already saying it's Harry Whittington's fault.

It's a huge story.

Cheney could have squelched all of this by issuing a statement and apology right away but rather than facing up to his personal mistake, he cut and ran. He hides behind his office.

What a coward.......just like when he was getting those deferments.
The police were called immediately. Their official report states no alcohol was involved.

Plus, the man received immediate medical attention from the Vice President's staff. It's not like he wandered around the Armstrong Ranch wondering how this was going to affect him politically, a la Chappaquiddick.

Maybe, just maybe, making a public statement was the furthest thing from his mind. He told Ms. Armstrong she was free to discuss the incident and she did, with the Corpus Christi Caller Times.

Maybe the White House Press Corps should have been with the Vice President's entourage -- Lord knows they follow the President everywhere. They could have seen police responding to the ranch and asked their own questions then.

This is all about the Washington D.C. press getting their panties in a wad. I don't remember anybody crying when Harry Reid waited 3 days to report he'd suffered a stroke or when Hillary Clinton waited 30 hours to reveal Vincent Foster left a suicide note.

Ocotillo
02-15-2006, 03:30 PM
What goes around, come around. (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2004/10/21/politics1629EDT0667.DTL)

Cheney calls camouflaged Kerry's goose hunting 'October disguise'

Vice President Dick Cheney poked fun at Sen. John Kerry's goose hunting Thursday, arguing that the image of the gun-toting, camouflaged Democrat was an "October disguise" that masked his voting record against gun rights.

Just hours after Kerry shot a goose during an early-morning hunt in Boardman, Ohio, near Youngstown, the vice president told supporters in another part of the state that the outing was nothing more than a photo opportunity to hide the four-term Massachusetts senator's record.

Kerry supports the right to bear arms but has backed the assault-weapons ban and background checks at gun shows. He denies the Republicans' contention that he wants to take away guns from owners.

Cheney said Kerry's camouflage jacket was "an October disguise -- an effort he's making to hide the fact that he votes against gun owner rights at every turn."

"My fellow sportsmen, this cover-up isn't going to work," Cheney said, speaking to supporters in an upscale Toledo suburb that borders the Ohio-Michigan state line. "The Second Amendment is more than just a photo opportunity."

<snip>

Who's laughing now Dick?

xrayzebra
02-15-2006, 03:34 PM
The big story is that national media was all upset the Caller-times broke the
story and they didn't get to do their thingy. National media sucks to begin with.
And how come all the medical reports. I thought they were confidential. I notice
that it didn't take SA210 long to link Haliburton with the incident. Drinking involved,
hell Kennedy was drunk on his behind, run off a bridge and killed a woman and run
off without aiding her and the media was worried if it would affect him. He has been
affected for years. You know sex under a table in a restaurant, sandwiching a
waitress, helping rape a girl in Florida, drives his ex to use dope. But he is the
most wonderful Lib who only cares of others.....give me a break folks. Get back to
real life. Many stories on the web from the lefties about anything you want to
consider from intentional shooting to he was drunk on his behind. Take your pick.

Ocotillo
02-15-2006, 03:40 PM
The police were called immediately. Their official report states no alcohol was involved.

The county's sheriff was turned away and not allowed to visit the veep, helluva a breathalyzer there.

Plus, the man received immediate medical attention from the Vice President's staff. It's not like he wandered around the Armstrong Ranch wondering how this was going to affect him politically, a la Chappaquiddick.

Maybe, just maybe, making a public statement was the furthest thing from his mind. He told Ms. Armstrong she was free to discuss the incident and she did, with the Corpus Christi Caller Times.

We don't really know what Cheney did. We do know he did not accompany the man to the hospital. Ms. Armstrong asked Cheney if she could talk and he was ok by it. Curious, that he did not make a statement himself.....

Maybe the White House Press Corps should have been with the Vice President's entourage -- Lord knows they follow the President everywhere. They could have seen police responding to the ranch and asked their own questions then.

This is all about the Washington D.C. press getting their panties in a wad. I don't remember anybody crying when Harry Reid waited 3 days to report he'd suffered a stroke or when Hillary Clinton waited 30 hours to reveal Vincent Foster left a suicide note.

Darth Cheney doesn't let anyone know what he is doing whether it's hunting with Nino "the Fixer" Scalia or who he's formulating energy policy with. The vice president is an elected official. He works for us. If he shoots someone, he should be stepping up to the mike and making a statement to all of us and not hiding out like OBL. Oh, and that lovefest he's going to have with Brit Hume today doesn't count.

Ocotillo
02-15-2006, 03:45 PM
story and they didn't get to do their thingy. National media sucks to begin with.
And how come all the medical reports. I thought they were confidential. I notice
that it didn't take SA210 long to link Haliburton with the incident. Drinking involved,
hell Kennedy was drunk on his behind, run off a bridge and killed a woman and run
off without aiding her and the media was worried if it would affect him. He has been
affected for years. You know sex under a table in a restaurant, sandwiching a
waitress, helping rape a girl in Florida, drives his ex to use dope. But he is the
most wonderful Lib who only cares of others.....give me a break folks. Get back to
real life. Many stories on the web from the lefties about anything you want to
consider from intentional shooting to he was drunk on his behind. Take your pick.

The topic is Dick Cheney. Are you saying if Kennedy sets the standard for ethics? What does Ted Kennedy's behavior have to do with what Cheney did over the weekend? Stay on topic.

samikeyp
02-15-2006, 04:09 PM
"Cheney's got a gun." :lol

SA210
02-15-2006, 04:22 PM
that it didn't take SA210 long to link Haliburton with the incident. .
What the heck did I recently say about Haliburton? :huh

Not that I don't think horribly of them. :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
02-15-2006, 04:37 PM
I'm glad that our political news is dominated by such weighty matters. It's not as if there weren't other issues of greater import and potential negative impact facing the administration a scant week ago. I guess if you are obsessed with the current administration might a story like this move so effortlessly from comedy to conspiracy.

It's can't be out desperation for lack of negative news, so what is it?
Shut up Marcus, shouldn't you be working on business issues

Harry Whittington
02-15-2006, 05:10 PM

STILL NOT DEAD YET...CHRIST, YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME!!!!

Harry Whittington
02-15-2006, 05:11 PM
"Cheney's got a gun." :lol

Yeah, I know. Watch out for that crazy SUMBITCH!

smeagol
02-15-2006, 05:12 PM

You watch duck hunting on TV?

:lol :lol :lol :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lol :lol :lol :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Ocotillo
02-15-2006, 05:15 PM
link (http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002033578)

So tonight in the taped interview, Cheney will admit to having had a beer. Interesting, that's what often the position of people stopped for DWI say.

Cheney on TV: Takes Blame for Shooting But 'Unapologetic' About Aftermath, Admits Drinking One Beer at Lunch

By Joe Strupp and Greg Mitchell

Published: February 15, 2006 3:45 PM ET

NEW YORK In an exclusive interview with Fox News' Brit Hume this afternoon, Vice President Dick Cheney took full responsibility for shooting his hunting companion, who has until now been pictured as the guilty party. The interview will not air in full until 6 p.m., but according to Hume, in summarizing the contents, the vice president remained "totally unapologetic" about the long lag in reporting the shooting to the public -- and also said that he had consumed one beer at lunch that day.
Speaking on camera and disclosing some of the unaired footage, Hume said Cheney was "utterly unapologetic" about the reporting lag but "a shaken man" in his interview. In comments on the cable channel just minutes after ending a 25-minute interview with Cheney, Hume described the encounter as revealing, but with little contrition on Cheney's part.

"He didn’t blame anyone else, he blamed himself [for the shooting]," Hume told Fox's Shepard Smith during a brief conversation. "But he didn't take blame for the way it was handled…the White House press corps be damned."

Hume indicated that Cheney called last Saturday's accidental shooting "one of the worst days of my life," but that the vice president was certain that he handled it correctly by waiting nearly a day to make it public. He also revealed that Cheney disclosed having a beer with lunch that day, but stressed that it was several hours before the shooting occurred.

Ranch owner Katharine Armstrong has said no one hunting that day had any beer. The Los Angeles Times reported on Tuesday that it had been told that the hunters that day "broke for a lunch of antelope, jicama salad and camp bread, washed down with Dr. Pepper." Armstrong later modified her remarks, saying there may have been beer in coolers but she didn't think anyone who was hunting that day had any.

CNN today reports that Armstrong had told CNN she never saw Cheney or Whittington "drink at all on the day of the shooting until after the accident occurred, when the vice president fixed himself a cocktail back at the house."

"Ultimately I'm the guy who pulled the trigger, that fired the round that hit Harry," Cheney said in his Hume interview. "I'm the guy who pulled the trigger and shot my friend, and that's something I'll never forget....

"The image of him falling is something I will never be able to get out my mind," Cheney said, somberly. "It was one of the worst days of my life."

After days of White House and other administraton offiicials, and Katharine Armstrong, faulting the victim, Cheney said, "It was not Harry's fault. You cannot blame anybody else."

Whittington was in stable condition on Wednesday, hospital officials said earlier on Wednesday. But the 78-year-old was moved back into the intensive care unit because of concerns for his privacy.

Cheney said he agreed that ranch owner Armstrong should make the story public, because she was an eyewitness, because she grew up on the ranch and because she is "an acknowledged expert in all of this" as a past head of the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department. He also agreed with her decision to choose the local newspaper as the way to get the news out.

"I thought that made good sense because you can get as accurate a story as possible from somebody who knew and understood hunting and then it would immediately go up to the wires and be posted on the Web site, which is the way it went out and I thought that was the right call," Cheney said.

"What do you think now?" Hume asked.

"I still do," Cheney responded. "The accuracy was enormously important. I had no press person with me."

NBC News called the vice president’s office for comment four times Tuesday and Wednesday, it disclosed today, and asked whether the vice president or anyone in the hunting party had consumed any alcohol on Saturday prior to the accident. In an e-mail statement Wednesday to NBC News, the vice president’s press secretary referred NBC News to the Kenedy County Sheriff’s Department report on the incident, which said it did not believe alcohol use was a factor in the shooting.

At a news conference Wednesday outside Whittington’s hospital in Corpus Christi, reporters asked hospital officials whether Whittington’s blood-alcohol level had been tested. The officials responded with a "no comment."

SA210
02-15-2006, 05:27 PM
Brit Hume has been trying to make Cheney look good. He's been on Fox saying Dick was unapologetic about how the news was spread, but took responsibility for the shooting. :lol

Brit says noone cares about this in America and it was a private matter.
Cheney had is so easy,

whata coward.

smeagol
02-15-2006, 05:38 PM
It's just an accident.

Sheeezz

SA210
02-15-2006, 05:41 PM
and he tried to hide it.

Harry Whittington
02-15-2006, 05:47 PM
and he tried to hide it.

SUMBITCH DIDN'T TRY TO HIDE SHIT FROM ME!!!

(Flesh wound my ASS!)

exstatic
02-15-2006, 08:18 PM
This just in:

Halliburton got the contract to remove the birdshot from Whittington[/rimshot]

gtownspur
02-16-2006, 12:32 AM
This just in:

Halliburton got the contract to remove the birdshot from Whittington[/rimshot]

This just in,

2 tons of prozac and vallium have been hijacked from a medical plant.

in other news, looney liberals are churning more conspiracy theories at an alarming rate!

gtownspur
02-16-2006, 12:33 AM
and he tried to hide it.

from who?
the people that really matter,....
the family of whittington, and law enforcement,

Or,

the self serving press wanting to make a buck off the story?

hussker
02-16-2006, 12:40 AM
SUMBITCH DIDN'T TRY TO HIDE SHIT FROM ME!!!

(Flesh wound my ASS!)

He could not hide it from EVERYONE!!!

xrayzebra
02-16-2006, 09:30 AM
Brit Hume has been trying to make Cheney look good. He's been on Fox saying Dick was unapologetic about how the news was spread, but took responsibility for the shooting. :lol

Brit says noone cares about this in America and it was a private matter.
Cheney had is so easy,

whata coward.

Hmmmm, sounds like ALL the news media when Clinton got caught doing
his thing(y) with Monica. Clinton had it so easy.

xrayzebra
02-16-2006, 09:33 AM
and he tried to hide it.

Yeah, that's why he had the guy sent to the Hospital in the backwaters
of Corpus Christi. Instead of "I don't hunt birds with that guy".

Tell me one more time how he tried to hide it. Big time news people got
their pants in a wad cause the CallerTimes got the story first. And their
outlets had to pay someone else for it.

xrayzebra
02-16-2006, 09:37 AM
What the heck did I recently say about Haliburton? :huh

Not that I don't think horribly of them. :lol

Part of the article you posted:

"Anne Armstrong served on the board of directors of Halliburton, the oil field service company Cheney ran before becoming vice president. She also served as U.S. ambassador to Britain in the Ford administration."

Or is it that you don't read what you post. So quit frowning.

SA210
02-16-2006, 09:48 AM
Xray, why do you say such stupid things? Being old, I thought you'd be smart enough to not be a kid and twist things.

He DID try to hide it. It is a fact that Armstrong 1st reported to news people that Her and Cheney didn't discuss telling the media.

She later then changed her story that she did. That's fishy, no matter how you spin it.

She also said that noone drank any alcohol, later Cheney admitted he had ONE, obviously he thought that would get out, and I'm sure it was just ONE, :rolleyes.

The Secret Service stopped the police from talking to Cheney the day of and don't give me this spin crap that they were in contact with them the day of,
because we both know that's a load of crap.

Being in contact is NOT the same as being questioned in PERSON like me, you, or anyone else would have to, if we had shot someone in the face.

Funny how Cheney talked to them at a time under His terms after the alcohol went thru his system and didn't even have the common courtesy to go with the friend he shot in the face to the hospital, since He was sooooo worried about it.

Sounds like a man who was trying to hide it and didn't want anyone to know he was drinking as well. Oh, and Halliburton does suck.

xrayzebra
02-16-2006, 09:55 AM
^^Secret Service are the police, in case you are interested. Did you read
Carlos Guerra this morning? Interesting. If you haven't read him.

And quit calling me old. I am young at heart and could give you a good game at golf.
What is your handicap?

Peter
02-16-2006, 09:55 AM
Xray, why do you say such stupid things? Being old, I thought you'd be smart enough to not be a kid and twist things.

He DID try to hide it. It is a fact that Armstrong 1st reported to news people that Her and Cheney didn't discuss telling the media.

She later then changed her story that she did. That's fishy, no matter how you spin it.

She also said that noone drank any alcohol, later Cheney admitted he had ONE, obviously he thought that would get out, and I'm sure it was just ONE, :rolleyes.

The Secret Service stopped the police from talking to Cheney the day of and don't give me this spin crap that they were in contact with them the day of,
because we both know that's a load of crap.

Being in contact is NOT the same as being questioned in PERSON like me, you, or anyone else would have to, if we had shot someone in the face.

Funny how Cheney talked to them at a time under His terms after the alcohol went thru his system and didn't even have the common courtesy to go with the friend he shot in the face to the hospital, since He was sooooo worried about it.

Sounds like a man who was trying to hide it and didn't want anyone to know he was drinking as well. Oh, and Halliburton does suck.

Look out man! The black helicopters are coming! Put on your tin foil hat and run for cover!

SA210
02-16-2006, 10:01 AM
^^Secret Service are the police, in case you are interested. Did you read
Carlos Guerra this morning? Interesting. If you haven't read him.

And quit calling me old. I am young at heart and could give you a good game at golf.
What is your handicap?
:lol Secret Service ARE the Police?

Yea, Cheney's Police. There to protect HIM.

Not local authorities that you and I would have to speak to if we shot someone in the face. I thought you'd ignore the contradictions in their stories and how they have been changing over the past four or five days.

And my handi-cap is responding to your craziness. You can't ever admit to anything. I actually can say I hate alot of how "dimmo-craps" present themselves and things they do or don't do. I am liberal, but not democrat btw.

But you and some others just have this disgusting blind Bush love no matter how obvious and bad his lies are.

SA210
02-16-2006, 10:02 AM
Look out man! The black helicopters are coming! Put on your tin foil hat and run for cover!
Funny Peter, your post didn't change the truth.

xrayzebra
02-16-2006, 10:12 AM
:lol Secret Service ARE the Police?

Yea, Cheney's Police. There to protect HIM.

Not local authorities that you and I would have to speak to if we shot someone in the face. I thought you'd ignore the contradictions in their stories and how they have been changing over the past four or five days.

And my handi-cap is responding to your craziness. You can't ever admit to anything. I actually can say I hate alot of how "dimmo-craps" present themselves and things they do or don't do. I am liberal, but not democrat btw.

But you and some others just have this disgusting blind Bush love no matter how obvious and bad his lies are.

Sheesh, you are in a bad mood this morning. Did you have a bad night,
last night? I haven't seen any inconsistencies in his story. And
laughing at the Secret Service as a law enforcement agency is dumb.
And if you think so, try printing your own money. About local law
enforcement is that they had no reason to rush right out and take a
report, like I said there was already law enforcement on the scene and
witness to the accident. I am sure that it would not have changed
your opinion one bit if they had gone out, they would have gotten their
report from the same people, so it was tainted to begin with, right?

And him going to the hospital would have served no purpose other than
bring a train load of reporters to the hospital, right what the person
who had been shot needed right. Same as if they had notified the
National Press. You ever been around a big story when it was breaking?
I have and let me tell you something, it isn't pleasant. Most reporters
are dumb as a doorknob, self-serving and an image in their own mind.

SA210
02-16-2006, 10:21 AM
Sheesh, you are in a bad mood this morning. Did you have a bad night,
last night? I haven't seen any inconsistencies in his story. And
laughing at the Secret Service as a law enforcement agency is dumb.
And if you think so, try printing your own money. About local law
enforcement is that they had no reason to rush right out and take a
report, like I said there was already law enforcement on the scene and
witness to the accident. I am sure that it would not have changed
your opinion one bit if they had gone out, they would have gotten their
report from the same people, so it was tainted to begin with, right?

And him going to the hospital would have served no purpose other than
bring a train load of reporters to the hospital, right what the person
who had been shot needed right. Same as if they had notified the
National Press. You ever been around a big story when it was breaking?
I have and let me tell you something, it isn't pleasant. Most reporters
are dumb as a doorknob, self-serving and an image in their own mind.
What a way to spin it. I was :lol at you for saying they were the police, Because obviously they are there to protect Him and His interests.

And both their stories were conflicting. As to if they actually agreed or not to release the story and whether or not he was drinking. Yea, that stuff. But I'm sure you already read that earlier.

Peter
02-16-2006, 10:35 AM
...and after Cheney shot Whittington, he wiped his shotgun for prints and then called in a black ops team to dispose of the witnesses. No word on if Halliburton has that contract.

You need to get out more, SA210.

SA210
02-16-2006, 10:39 AM
Your sarcasm and spin, don't, in anyway, change the lies and deceit of this administration and never will, so keep trying. Won't change anything.

gtownspur
02-16-2006, 11:15 AM
^^SA210,

piece of advice.

Stick to making up conspiracies about substantive issues, not some hunting accident.

Vashner
02-16-2006, 11:20 AM
You watch duck hunting on TV?

:lol :lol :lol :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lol :lol :lol :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

WTF you stupid asshole? You think someone has to duck hunt to be a hunter?

And what's wrong with watching Outdoors TV? Fuck you liberal gun hater motherfucker.

Crookshanks
02-16-2006, 01:40 PM
It was an ACCIDENT! Only a very small minority (mostly media people) even care about this story anymore. It's hilarious to hear the conspiracy theories and conjectures and suppositions - because the truth is too boring.

There are far more important issues that the media should be covering instead of continuing this obsession with all things Bush!

SA210
02-16-2006, 02:56 PM
There are far more important issues that the media should be covering instead of continuing this obsession with all things Bush!
I agree, like the fact that Cheney had Scooter Libby leak info about Valerie Plame.

Spurminator
02-16-2006, 02:58 PM
New rumor circulating the Internet is that Cheney actually gunned down 430 people on the hunt, Firing Range Style... Whittington was the only one to survive, but he's been brainwashed to believe a different story.

SA210
02-16-2006, 03:32 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b381/livindeadboi/JB/cheney_terror_alert.jpg

SpursWoman
02-16-2006, 04:24 PM
New rumor circulating the Internet is that Cheney actually gunned down 430 people on the hunt, Firing Range Style... Whittington was the only one to survive, but he's been brainwashed to believe a different story.

Crookshanks
02-16-2006, 05:20 PM
Sheriff: Dick Cheney Won't Face Charges

Feb 16, 3:21 PM (ET)

SARITA, Texas (AP) - The sheriff's department closed its investigation Thursday into Dick Cheney's accidental shooting of a hunting partner and said no charges will be filed.

The Kenedy County Sheriff's Department issued a report that largely supports the vice president's account of the weekend accident that wounded 78-year-old lawyer Harry Whittington.

Whittington, interviewed in the hospital, assured investigators no one was drinking when the accident occurred and everyone was wearing bright orange safety gear, according to the report.

Sheriff's dispatcher Diana Mata, speaking for the department, said the case is closed and no charges will be filed. She said Sheriff Ramon Salinas would have no comment on the report.

Whittington was peppered with bird shot in the face and chest Saturday while hunting quail with Cheney on a ranch in South Texas. He is in a Corpus Christi hospital in stable condition after suffering a mild heart attack caused by a pellet that traveled to his heart.

Gilberto San Miguel Jr., an investigator with the Sheriff's Department, interviewed Cheney at the ranch a day after the shooting. San Miguel reported that Cheney shook his hand and "told me he was there to cooperate in any way with the interview."

The vice president said the sun was setting when Whittington fired at some quail and went to find his downed birds, according to the report.

Cheney said he walked about 100 yards and met up with the hunting guide. He said a bird flew behind him, and he followed it in a counterclockwise direction, not realizing Whittington had walked up behind him to rejoin the group. He said Whittington was about 30 yards away, on lower ground, when he fired his shotgun.

"Mr. Cheney told me if Mr. Whittington was on the same ground level the injuries might have been lower on Mr. Whittington's body," the investigator reported.

The investigator, accompanied by another officer, briefly interviewed Whittington at his hospital room on Monday.

"I asked Mr. Whittington if we could record our conversation and Mr. Whittington requested not to be recorded due to his voice being raspy," San Miguel wrote.

The investigator asked for an affidavit, and Whittington said he would provide one when he returned home to his office in Austin. Doctors have said Whittington will probably remain hospitalized until next week.

Before a nurse asked the officers to "hurry up so Mr. Whittington could rest," Whittington "explained foremost there was no alcohol during the hunt and everyone was wearing the proper hunting attire of blaze orange," San Miguel reported.

Whittington said the shooting "was just an accident," and he was concerned all the media attention would give hunting in Texas a bad image, the report said.

==========
Case closed - no charges will be filed - can we all move on?

Nbadan
02-16-2006, 05:25 PM
Not so fast...

WFAA
The Dallas Morning News
Cheney cleared in shooting
February 16, 2006

SARITA - The Kenedy County Sheriff's Department cleared Vice President Dick Cheney for accidentally shooting a fellow hunter last weekend in South Texas.

The investigation report, released to The Dallas Morning News Thursday, was based on interviews with several witnesses, including Mr. Cheney and Harry Whittington, the man he shot. No criminal charges will be filed.

In an interview with Fox News, Mr. Cheney acknowledged drinking one beer with his lunch. He said the hunt began several hours later. The shooting occurred around 5:50 p.m., according to the U.S. Secret Service, which traveled with the vice president.

Nueces County prosecutor Mark Skurka said the beer that Mr. Cheney consumed would not trigger any sort of criminal investigation. He does not believe that local prosecutors will get involved, he said.

WFFA (http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/nation/stori...)

Mr. Peabody
02-16-2006, 05:27 PM
What are we talking about again?

Oscar DeLa
02-16-2006, 07:50 PM
I don' t know what it is but has anyone watched FOX NEWS, these last couple of days ?. Its hilarious, they're just talking about how the liberal media has gotten hold of it. Bill O'Reilly is talking about East Coast Elite Liberal Media Elitism and Biastly Bias. It is almost as if whenever ANYTHING HAPPENS (good or bad, left or right) they can turn it into how their network is fair and not E.C.E.L.M.E.B.B.
I don't know what it is but
I get it
I get it
yall are conservative!

Yonivore
02-16-2006, 07:54 PM
What are we talking about again?
Cheney Denies Whittington Death with Dignity (http://blamebush.typepad.com/)

Vice peeResident Dick Cheney offered a tearless, reptilian mea culpa today for a hunting “accident” in which he “accidentally” pounded a case of Lowenbrau and mistook a 78-year-old man for a tiny bird. However, he didn’t offer an apology to the quail he murdered, or to the New York Times for failing to immediately notify them of the “accident”, as the Constitution requires. Tragically, the Old Grey Lady was forced to obtain the scoop from some backwoods redneck fishwrapper rather than from the customary “anonymous sources”, or from “recently obtained classified documents” that strangely reek of Sandy Berger’s crotch.

As much as he tries to deny it, Dick Cheney’s daughter is a lesbian. Furthermore, he’s 100% responsible for what happened to that poor man. A human being – nay, a Conservative - was seriously injured in what appears to be an act of senseless violence, for the lack of any offensive cartoons to justify it. If Whittington succumbs to his wounds, Cheney could quite possibly be indicted by a federal grand jury on charges of criminal negligence. He would have no choice but to resign in disgrace, leaving the GOP seriously weakened come election time. Hillary’s chances of winning back the White House in 2008 would increase tenfold. A new progressive President would usher in a new era of peace and prosperity, free from want, need, or sexual responsibility. With a Democrat-controlled senate and liberal Supreme Court to provide checks and balances against the three token Republicans left in Congress, America could at last realize Harry Belafonte's friend's dream of total economic equality among all of Gaia's creatures (except for those who are more equal than others). Indeed, it would a be virtual Heaven on Earth.

So it's no wonder that Cheney is keeping that poor, brain damaged man alive against the wishes of those of us who really care about him. The Secret Service won't even let Michael Schiavo in the building with a pillow and a hammer.

So much for "Compassionate Conservatism", I guess.

Mr. Peabody
02-16-2006, 08:06 PM
Cheney Denies Whittington Death with Dignity (http://blamebush.typepad.com/)

If Whittington succumbs to his wounds, Cheney could quite possibly be indicted by a federal grand jury on charges of criminal negligence. He would have no choice but to resign in disgrace, leaving the GOP seriously weakened come election time.

I was recently thinking about how many people probably want Whittington to die.

What a story it would make.

Yonivore
02-16-2006, 08:18 PM
I was recently thinking about how many people probably want Whittington to die.

What a story it would make.
Yeah, the lack of concern over Mr. Whittington didn't go unnoticed.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-16-2006, 08:57 PM
So this is what it's come to for the Democratic party... rooting for the victim of a hunting accident to die so they can slander the VP. :rolleyes

Mr. Peabody
02-16-2006, 09:01 PM
So this is what it's come to for the Democratic party... rooting for the victim of a hunting accident to die so they can slander the VP. :rolleyes

I was referring to the media, but if your partisan mind can only interpret things one way... :bang

mookie2001
02-16-2006, 09:02 PM
yeah if Whittington dies then I'll finally have a good reason to dislike Republicans

SA210
02-16-2006, 09:35 PM
February 16th, 2006 4:22 pm
Press Briefing by Scott McClellan

WhiteHouse.gov (http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2006/02/20060216-1.html)

James S. Brady Briefing Room

12:33 P.M. EST

Q Scott, the Vice President spoke yesterday to Brit Hume, but everything is still not in a nice, neat package that the White House wants to make it look like it is. Some are still concerned with the fact that the Vice President was not interviewed by local police until the day after. And now we're hearing that there was alcohol at lunch, a couple of hours prior to, and the investigators did not get a chance to talk to the Vice President or find out the level -- the blood level -- or what alcohol level at that time. That is not a nice, neat package. And there's still a concern about --

MR. McCLELLAN: I don't think you characterized the full picture there, April. I think you ought to look at what law enforcement officials have said on that very matter. And I think most Americans believe that this issue has been covered thoroughly, and most Americans recognize that the Vice President is first and foremost concerned about his friend. So I reject this characterization. I think this room and this town sometimes gets overly caught up in this. But the American people appreciate the answers to the questions that have already been asked.

Q But the Vice President himself addressed the issue that he had alcohol prior to -- hours prior to. And no one tested --

MR. McCLELLAN: I'll refer to --

Q -- no one tested in the hours prior to. And no one tested --

MR. McCLELLAN: April, if you want to continue to pursue this, you can do that. I think most Americans recognize this is what it is, which is a hunting accident, a terrible hunting accident, where someone was injured --

Q If an average person --

MR. McCLELLAN: -- and our thoughts and prayers are with Mr. Whittington. We want to see him recover fully.

Q That is very true.

MR. McCLELLAN: If you want to over interpret things, that's your business. The American people have heard the answers.

Q But Scott, what the average American -- if that situation were to be the case, they would be investigated, and a blood alcohol level tested and taken that day.

MR. McCLELLAN: Maybe you ought to look at what the sheriff's department put out about that very matter. And they interviewed people, April. Because you are not giving people a full picture when you characterize it that way. It's already been provided by law enforcement officials, by eyewitnesses. And the Vice President has provided those answers, too. He was very thorough in his responses to the questions that were asked yesterday. Again, if you want to continue to pursue this, that's your business. We're going to continue to focus on the priorities of the American people.

Yonivore
02-16-2006, 10:18 PM
I was referring to the media, but if your partisan mind can only interpret things one way... :bang
I don't think there is much difference between the Democratic Party and most of the Mainstream media.

smeagol
02-16-2006, 11:04 PM
WTF you stupid asshole? You think someone has to duck hunt to be a hunter?

And what's wrong with watching Outdoors TV? Fuck you liberal gun hater motherfucker.
Man, it looks I pressed the wrong button. I simply laghed because you watch duck hunting on TV. No need to get so aggressive.

And by the way, I'm not a liberal, although I'm for tougher gun laws.

And by the way (II): Fuck you too, you motherfucking red neck piece of shit :flipoff

gtownspur
02-16-2006, 11:40 PM

Um your post was shattered in the following post where mookie said he wished Whittington would die so he could have a good reason to hate republicans.

gtownspur
02-16-2006, 11:41 PM
yeah if Whittington dies then I'll finally have a good reason to dislike Republicans

As if ignorance on your part wasn't good enough of a reason.

Yonivore
02-17-2006, 12:04 AM
Dang, I'd say this form has taken a decidedly nasty turn. What? Are you all getting butt-fucked by your daddies?

Nbadan
02-17-2006, 01:23 AM
OH, oh, Yoni's not gonna like this...

It seems that Katharine Harris, the only 'eye-witness' to the Cheney shooting of Harry Whittington, may have lost all credibility.

"Katharine Armstrong said she saw Cheney's security detail running toward the scene.

"The first thing that crossed my mind was he had a heart problem," she told The Associated Press."

Those are her own words, you can read them for yourself in this LA Times article. (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/ats-ap_top10feb13,0,6257313.story?coll=sns-ap-topnews)

but, here's what Cheney said in his 'heated' interview with FAUX News Brit Hume.

THE VICE PRESIDENT: I said Karl has hunted at the Armstrong, as
well, and we're both good friends of the Armstrongs and of Katherine
Armstrong. And Katherine suggested, and I agreed, that she would go
make the announcement, that is that she'd put the story out. And I
thought that made good sense for several reasons. First of all, she was
an eye-witness. She'd seen the whole thing.

Ouch!

boutons_
02-17-2006, 01:33 AM
Cheney Shooting Case Is Closed in Texas

Report on Accident Backs Explanations by Vice President and Ranch Owner

By John Pomfret
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, February 17, 2006; A05

CORPUS CHRISTI, Tex., Feb. 16 -- The sheriff's department responsible for investigating Vice President Cheney's shooting of a Texas lawyer has closed its investigation and decided no criminal charges are warranted, according to a report released Thursday.

The Kenedy County Sheriff's Department report largely corroborates the accounts of the shooting given by Cheney and Katharine Armstrong, whose family owns the 50,000-acre ranch where the incident occurred. Cheney shot Harry Whittington, 78, a prominent Austin lawyer, while hunting quail last Saturday afternoon.

The report, written by Chief Deputy Gilbert San Miguel Jr., quotes Cheney and Whittington as saying the shooting was an accident. They said no one was drinking alcohol during the hunt, according to the report. Interviewed in his hospital room in Corpus Christi, Whittington expressed concern only that the incident would hurt hunting's image in Texas, the report said.

"Mr. Whittington did speak of the incident and explained foremost that there was no alcohol during the hunt and everyone was wearing the proper hunting attire of blaze orange," the report said. "Mr. Whittington again reiterated that this incident was just an accident."

Hospital officials have declined to say whether Whittington was given a blood alcohol test when he was admitted.

In his first public comments on the shooting, President Bush said Thursday in Washington that he is satisfied with Cheney's account of what happened. "I thought the vice president handled the issue just fine," he said. "I'm satisfied with the explanation he gave."

Whittington developed an abnormal heart rhythm Tuesday when a birdshot pellet moved in his chest. His condition improved Thursday at Christus Spohn Memorial Hospital, where he was listed in stable condition, hospital officials said. David Blanchard, the hospital's director of emergency services, said he is confident Whittington will continue to recover. "We feel very confident to reasonable medical certainty that there is no other pellet or birdshot that poses a threat to Mr. Whittington," he told reporters.

Cheney discussed the incident publicly for the first time Wednesday in an interview with Fox News, and he took blame for the shooting. Previous statements by Armstrong, who witnessed the shooting, indicated that Whittington may have been to blame.

"You can't blame anybody else," Cheney said. "I'm the guy who pulled the trigger and shot my friend."

( the motherfucking son of a bitch is lying )

The vice president did not release any word of the shooting at the time, deferring to Armstrong, who called reporters in Texas on Sunday morning. Cheney defended his decision, saying his first concern was for Whittington's health.

The sheriff's 2 1/2 -page report says that San Miguel began his investigation at the Armstrong Ranch at 8 a.m. Sunday, 14 1/2 hours after the shooting occurred. Cheney told San Miguel that a hunting party of seven, riding in three vehicles, was looking for quail in a pasture when dogs located a covey. Whittington, interviewed in his hospital room, told San Miguel that he hit two birds in that covey. Then a hunting guide, Bo Hubert, discovered a second covey. Cheney, who had not shot any birds in the first covey, walked 100 yards with Pamela Pitzer Willeford, the U.S. ambassador to Switzerland and Liechtenstein, to try his luck with the second. He carried a 28-gauge Italian-made shotgun.

Whittington told the sheriff's department that he looked for his downed birds and then walked over to the hunting vehicles. Armstrong, the report said, then told him to join Cheney and Willeford in their hunt for the second covey. So Whittington followed after them.

Armstrong had told reporters earlier this week that Whittington "came up from behind the vice president and the other hunter and didn't signal them or indicate to them or announce himself."

Meanwhile, quail had been scared from the second covey. Cheney told the sheriff's department that a single bird flew behind him and he followed the bird by line of sight in a counter-clockwise direction, not realizing Whittington had walked up from behind and had positioned himself approximately 30 yards away. Standing on a small hill, Cheney fired down, spraying Whittington's face, neck and chest with birdshot. "Cheney told me the reason Harry Whittington sustained the injuries to his face and upper body," the report said, "was that Mr. Whittington was standing on ground that was lower than the one he was standing on."

After interviewing Cheney on Sunday, San Miguel returned to the ranch on Tuesday to see the pasture where the shooting occurred.

The incident has been a big topic among the many hunters and gun enthusiasts in this region. Ken Tuggle, manager of the Corpus Christi Pistol & Rifle Club, said he could not believe that a blast at 30 yards from a 28-gauge shotgun, which shoots fewer pellets and has a smaller shot pattern than a 12-gauge shotgun, could pass through a hunting jacket and a shirt and that the pellets could become embedded near a victim's heart. "It's hard to fathom," he said.

But George Gongora, a photographer for the Corpus Christi Caller-Times, conducted a test earlier this week, firing pellets similar to the ones Cheney used at a target. He said he was convinced that the pellets, which he estimated were moving at 1,400 feet a second, could tear through clothing and skin.

Other hunters questioned why Cheney was shooting down at a flying bird. "The idea behind quail hunting is that you have to hit the quail when it's about five to 10 feet in the air," said Wade Wilson, a South Texas hunting guide. "Quail don't fly very high. But nobody should be shooting down."

© 2006 The Washington Post Company

Nbadan
02-17-2006, 02:07 AM
Check this out, according to the same Katharine Harris who supposedly witnessed the shooting, Cheney tied one on after the shooting..

Armstrong, a longtime friend of the Cheney family, told CNN before the vice president's interview that she never saw Cheney or Whittington "drink at all on the day of the shooting until after the accident occurred, when the vice president fixed himself a cocktail back at the house."

CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/15/cheney/index.html)

Shot someone and rushed to the hospital? Nope. To the bar!

:drunk

Nbadan
02-17-2006, 02:58 AM
http://www.chickenhawkcards.com/CHENEY_HUNTS.jpg

Nbadan
02-17-2006, 04:10 AM
http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/8391/fuddgateluckovich9bg.gif

SA210
02-17-2006, 10:03 AM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b381/livindeadboi/JB/cheney_talksmack.jpg

Hook Dem
02-17-2006, 10:16 AM
http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/3782/quailhunt5tr.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

SA210
02-17-2006, 10:31 AM
OH, oh, Yoni's not gonna like this...

It seems that Katharine Harris, the only 'eye-witness' to the Cheney shooting of Harry Whittington, may have lost all credibility.

"Katharine Armstrong said she saw Cheney's security detail running toward the scene.

"The first thing that crossed my mind was he had a heart problem," she told The Associated Press."

Those are her own words, you can read them for yourself in this LA Times article. (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/ats-ap_top10feb13,0,6257313.story?coll=sns-ap-topnews)

but, here's what Cheney said in his 'heated' interview with FAUX News Brit Hume.

THE VICE PRESIDENT: I said Karl has hunted at the Armstrong, as
well, and we're both good friends of the Armstrongs and of Katherine
Armstrong. And Katherine suggested, and I agreed, that she would go
make the announcement, that is that she'd put the story out. And I
thought that made good sense for several reasons. First of all, she was
an eye-witness. She'd seen the whole thing.

Ouch!

OUCH!
so much for the conspiracy theories.

Peter OWNED ,

Again. :lol

gtownspur
02-17-2006, 12:42 PM
^You need a 40, seriously.

Winehole23
02-09-2023, 10:04 AM
WaPo lifestyle pages. The important thing is, Mr. Whittington apologized for it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Foep0SCX0AMgKg0?format=jpg&name=900x900https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/2023/02/06/harry-whittington-dick-cheney-shooting-apology/

Winehole23
02-09-2023, 10:12 AM
"Irregular heartbeat" was reported, but not the heart attack; Whittington was allegedly moved back to ICU "for his privacy." The hospital and the legacy media covered Cheney's ass.