PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know the record...?

HB22inSA
02-12-2006, 08:18 PM
...for most road wins in a row??

Spurs are at 9.

I'm thinking it's something like 15 or 16 straight.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-12-2006, 08:20 PM
...for most road wins in a row??

Spurs are at 9.

I'm thinking it's something like 15 or 16 straight.

lakers won 33 in a row durinng their 69-13 season but i dont know how many of those were road games. i'd assume they'd have the record i'll go try to look it up

Amuseddaysleeper
02-12-2006, 08:22 PM
Most consecutive road games won
16-Los Angeles, November 6, 1971-January 7, 1972

i think we have a shot at it :spin

HB22inSA
02-12-2006, 08:25 PM
Good lord, 7 more to go??

Here's the next 7 on the road:

@Cleveland
@Philadelphia
@Memphis
@Lakers
@Clippers
@Phoenix
@Houston

5-2 at best in that stretch.

Of course I predicted a 4-4 rodeo road trip.

The Lakers also finished 31-7 on the road, the best ever.

Spurs can't lose another road game to match that.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-12-2006, 08:27 PM
Good lord, 7 more to go??

Here's the next 7 on the road:

@Cleveland
@Philadelphia
@Memphis
@Lakers
@Clippers
@Phoenix
@Houston

5-2 at best in that stretch.

Of course I predicted a 4-4 rodeo road trip.

The Lakers also finished 31-7 on the road, the best ever.

Spurs can't lose another road game to match that.

hmmm to be honest i wouldnt say its IMPOSSIBLE. its not like we have to go to detroit during that stretch. the toughest would phoenix, followed by memphis

oh well second best road streak of all time isn't too shabby

T Park
02-12-2006, 08:28 PM
Man...

If Ginobili coulda, just stayed healthy.

10 losses, and I gaurantee you could cut that down to 7 with a healthy Manu.

GOD thats frusterating.

HB22inSA
02-12-2006, 08:30 PM
Spurs are 2 sleeper losses at home to Chicago (ouch) and Denver and a road loss at the buzzer to Milwaukee away from being 43-7, and that's still counting injuries.

Scary.

SAGambler
02-12-2006, 08:38 PM
Man...

If Ginobili coulda, just stayed healthy.

10 losses, and I gaurantee you could cut that down to 7 with a healthy Manu.

GOD thats frusterating.

Atlanta...should have won
OKC.......Should have won
Milwauke....Should have won
Chicago...Should have won....

The Spurs could easily have had 44 wins right now...

It seem to be the teams that really suck that they allow to win a game from them....

yeahone
02-12-2006, 08:49 PM
true

hussker
02-12-2006, 08:52 PM
Shoulda woulda coulda = didn't

Forget the past...look to the bright Numerr Quatro!

leemajors
02-12-2006, 08:54 PM
should've would've could've

NCaliSpurs
02-12-2006, 09:49 PM
In 02-03 I thought the Spurs had the record for most CONSECUTIVE road wins, meaning all of the games were played consecutively on the road, no home games, with 8.

Does anyone else remember this?

Rick Von Braun
02-12-2006, 10:08 PM
In 02-03 I thought the Spurs had the record for most CONSECUTIVE road wins, meaning all of the games were played consecutively on the road, no home games, with 8.

Does anyone else remember this?
I do. http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smispin.gif

boutons_
02-12-2006, 10:36 PM
They started the RRT with loss @wolves, and then won out the rest of the RRT, 8 straight, with no sneaking back home like this year.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/schedule/results_2002.html

Tek_XX
02-12-2006, 10:50 PM
Stupid loses happen every year, no need to look back on them.

FreshPrince22
02-12-2006, 11:10 PM
Atlanta...should have won
OKC.......Should have won
Milwauke....Should have won
Chicago...Should have won....

The Spurs could easily have had 44 wins right now...

It seem to be the teams that really suck that they allow to win a game from them....

Same can be said for almost every team...

Pistons:
Washington in OT.... Ben missed a game winning FT with about .3 seconds left.
@Utah... 14 point lead at halftime. Fell asleep.
Utah.... 13 point lead at one point. Fell asleep, lost in OT.
@ATL... Lost by one
@Mia... Lost by 2 after Wade went crazy on us.

But that's kind of pointless. Teams win games they should lose, and lose games they should win all the time.

hussker
02-12-2006, 11:13 PM
Same can be said for almost every team...

Pistons:
Washington in OT.... Ben missed a game winning FT with about .3 seconds left.
@Utah... 14 point lead at halftime. Fell asleep.
Utah.... 13 point lead at one point. Fell asleep, lost in OT.
@ATL... Lost by one
@Mia... Lost by 2 after Wade went crazy on us.

But that's kind of pointless. Teams win games they should lose, and lose games they should win all the time.

I am sure you guys will call your losses to the HEAT in the ECF this year stupid.

Sorry we won't play you guys again. I was really looking forward to it...but not as much as I am looking forward to the Spurs OWNING the MEAT...

FreshPrince22
02-12-2006, 11:15 PM
I am sure you guys will call your losses to the HEAT in the ECF this year stupid.

Sorry we won't play you guys again. I was really looking forward to it...but not as much as I am looking forward to the Spurs OWNING the MEAT...

:lol I'm sure the "Meat" are glad they won the ECFs on February 12th. :rolleyes Maybe we should call the Hawks champs. They have, afterall, beaten both Spurs and Pistons this year. :lol

idiot.

hussker
02-12-2006, 11:20 PM
:lol I'm sure the "Meat" are glad they won the ECFs on Febuary 12th. :rolleyes Maybe we should call the Hawks champs. They have, afterall, beaten both Spurs and Pistons this year. :lol

[SIZE=2]idiot.

Not my point dude. So much press for the Pistons this year...so many props...and for what? They are an elite team, no doubt, but they are not THE ELITE TEAM. Last I saw WE have the trophy they want to get back. They will not. Shaq, as much as I despise him, and the MEAT, as much as I despise THEM, are bagging for you guys this year. I think they showed that over the past few weeks leading up to this game today.

I would LOVE to see a SAS-DET rematch, but it will not happen. The MEAT will get you, and not just because of today.

FreshPrince22
02-12-2006, 11:53 PM
Not my point dude. So much press for the Pistons this year...so many props...and for what? They are an elite team, no doubt, but they are not THE ELITE TEAM. Last I saw WE have the trophy they want to get back. They will not. Shaq, as much as I despise him, and the MEAT, as much as I despise THEM, are bagging for you guys this year. I think they showed that over the past few weeks leading up to this game today.

I would LOVE to see a SAS-DET rematch, but it will not happen. The MEAT will get you, and not just because of today.

Despite what you say, you are obviously reacting to this one game. The Pistons have beaten Shaq in the playoffs 2 years running. This year is arguably Shaq's worst team of all three. And most importantly, Shaq won't have HCA this year.

I think calling them East champs is a bit premature. Look at what happend during the game:

- Wade couldn't miss. He was hitting mid-range jumpers all over the place.
- Shaq played his best game of the season.
- The Heat were at home
- They commited only THREE turnovers all game (Wade averages more than that by himself)
- They were getting every whistle (Even Hubie Brown was calling out the refs when Snaq was shoving guys in the back for offensive rebounds and put back dunks. He must have done it 6-7 times.)

Yet they only won by 2 points. If they had lost that game, they would NEVER beat the Pistons. Everything lined up just right for them, and the Pistons still had a wide-open shot to try to win it at the buzzer.

midgetonadonkey
02-12-2006, 11:58 PM
I agree with FreshPrince. The Pistons are a far better team than the Heat despite what happened today. The Heat have no chance in the playoffs and they will be lucky to get out of the second round.

leemajors
02-13-2006, 12:06 AM

that just sounds filthy and reminiscent of a rocco video.

TDMVPDPOY
02-13-2006, 05:06 AM
lets see when we lose or when the knicks win their next game, um i like theknicks chances

WalterBenitez
02-13-2006, 05:16 AM
Shoulda woulda coulda = didn't

My english teacher will have a heart attack if I use those words as synonyms :D

Tanya
02-13-2006, 05:32 AM

Hey I respect the spurs and I love the pistons. Can I ask you why don't you want a SA-DET finals this year?
I want it so badly. :fro
Because spurs is the ONLY team in this league that I won't feel sad if losing to them in the finals.

SequSpur
02-13-2006, 08:45 AM
Utah > Detroit.