PDA

View Full Version : Kerr's rankings

Supergirl
02-13-2006, 02:44 PM
I usually don't disagree with Kerr, but I think he's overly harsh on the Spurs here. WHile the Pistons have dominated the SPurs in the regular season this year, THIS WEEK, the Spurs have clearly been the best team in basketball:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Au5SwYc15kF6PdjaI7QIQDu8vLYF?slug=sk-rankings021306&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Note this sarcastic comment at the end:
"30. New York Knicks (14-36, Last ranking: 29) – If they can just trade for one more maximum salaried player who is well past his prime, they just might turn things around."

Harsh! But true.

Pistons < Spurs
02-13-2006, 02:49 PM
Pistons at #1?????

Damn fool done lost his mind.

Peter
02-13-2006, 02:51 PM
Pistons have hit a rough spot, but if they hadn't drubbed the Spurs so convincingly the last time the two teams met might I disagree.

Fabbs
02-13-2006, 03:05 PM
Kerr has been down on the Spurs ever since he left.

Complete ass kisser of the Most Overated of All Time 2004 Laker squad.

Last year i think he favored Phx.

The Spurs at home loss to Det did suck.
At Detroit was without Manu. No comparison, as last years Finals proved.

pache100
02-13-2006, 03:11 PM
16. Los Angeles Lakers (25-25, Last ranking: 15) – Lakers fans are clamoring for a trade, but Mitch Kupchak is wisely hanging onto future cap space. The last thing L.A. needs is to add bad contracts, so any deal will have to make financial sense.

21. Houston Rockets (21-30, Last ranking: 23) – The Rockets won three of four on the week, but is it a case of too little too late? It's still a long climb to the postseason.

30. New York Knicks (14-36, Last ranking: 29) – If they can just trade for one more maximum salaried player who is well past his prime, they just might turn things around.

:lol

(Made my day!)

NCaliSpurs
02-13-2006, 03:18 PM
Kerr has been down on the Spurs ever since he left.

Complete ass kisser of the Most Overated of All Time 2004 Laker squad.

Last year i think he favored Phx.

The Spurs at home loss to Det did suck.
At Detroit was without Manu. No comparison, as last years Finals proved.

You are WAYYY off on Kerr. He always has plenty of Spurs love.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-13-2006, 03:20 PM
This is a disaster! Afterall, Steve Kerr determines the seedings and HCA in the playoffs, right?

I love my Spurs, but I still agree with Kerr's rankings. The Pistons still have the best record, and this rough patch has come possibly the toughest stretch of the season. And on top of that these last three losses have been close ones, and in the case of the Nets and Heat, have come against pretty respectable opponents. As for the Hawks, well, even the Spurs can't talk about that...

I disagree with Kerr's reasoning. The Pistons wins over SA weren't exactly recent, and since that loss the Spurs have been getting better and better and better. To the point that it seems unfair to compare them to themselves 6 weeks ago. The Pistons should still be number 1, but if the Spurs keep this up for another week I think they have to be concensus #1, barring some equally ridiculous improvement from the Pistons.

Joepa
02-13-2006, 03:29 PM
The Pistons are 6-4 in their last 10 and the Spurs are 9-1. Power Rankings are about how teams are playing at the moment, not "Oh but the Pistons beat the Spurs when the Spurs were missing their second best player."

pache100
02-13-2006, 03:31 PM
The Pistons are 6-4 in their last 10 and the Spurs are 9-1. Power Rankings are about how teams are playing at the moment, not "Oh but the Pistons beat the Spurs when the Spurs were missing their second best player."

That's the way it should be... :depressed

JsnSA
02-13-2006, 03:52 PM
Kerr isn't anti Spur...I think he just tried too hard not to be a Spurs homer and goes a bit too far with it.

As far as his rankings...he HAS to drop the Pistons.

Otherwise....its not a power ranking..its just the standings.

The Pistons lost too many games in too short a time span to remain number one right now.