PDA

View Full Version : New Spurs Fan From Merry Ol' England

ryanjack
02-13-2006, 02:57 PM
Hey there sports fans. Im from Newcastle, England and I was wondering if any of my friends from San Antonio could help me find out what basketball is all about. I've been following the Spurs for a while now and I'm impressed Tim Duncan is awsome. I love the Spurs help me out with what going on please.

Trainwreck2100
02-13-2006, 02:59 PM
Hey there sports fans. Im from Newcastle, England and I was wondering if any of my friends from San Antonio could help me find out what basketball is all about. I've been following the Spurs for a while now and I'm impressed Tim Duncan is awsome. I love the Spurs help me out with what going on please.

You're not confusing us with the spurs football team are you.

Jimcs50
02-13-2006, 03:02 PM

It is exactly like your Euro football, except that it is played indoors, you dribble with your hands instead of your feet, there are 5 players, and instead of putting the ball into a net, you put the ball through a net....oh, and it does not put you to sleep.

:)

phyzik
02-13-2006, 03:06 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basketball

ryanjack
02-13-2006, 03:20 PM
It is exactly like your Euro football, except that it is played indoors, you dribble with your hands instead of your feet, there are 5 players, and instead of putting the ball into a net, you put the ball through a net....oh, and it does not put you to sleep.

:)

Im afraid that I do like football (soccer) and I know what the rules for basketball are. I know there are different leagues like south west but what happens at the end of those leagues

ryanjack
02-13-2006, 03:22 PM
You're not confusing us with the spurs football team are you.

No I support Newcastle United (Magpies). Tottenham Hotspurs (Spurs) suck!!!

Pistons < Spurs
02-13-2006, 03:28 PM
(Spurs) suck!!!
:elephant :elephant :elephant :spin :elephant :elephant :elephant

Sec24Row7
02-13-2006, 03:29 PM
They aren't leagues, they are different divisions in the same league.

3 Divisions per conference, two conference.

During the regular season each team only plays teams on the other conference twice. Once home and once away.

In the playoffs teams are seeded according to division lead of the 3 divisions and then best record for the other 5.

The compete against the teams in their conference until the finals when the conference champions face each other.

Warlord23
02-13-2006, 03:30 PM

I'm an Arsenal fan .... they've really disappointed so far. One thing that the Premiership can borrow from the NBA is the concept of a salary cap. Otherwise the championship is going to be a cruise for Chelsea every year for the next few years or so.

ryanjack
02-13-2006, 03:35 PM
Thanx alot Sec24Row7 that helped alot I shall be a keen Spurs fan from now on you can be sure of that

ryanjack
02-13-2006, 03:36 PM
Warlord23 You an American?

Trainwreck2100
02-13-2006, 03:39 PM
Im afraid that I do like football (soccer) and I know what the rules for basketball are. I know there are different leagues like south west but what happens at the end of those leagues

You don't need to know that crap, here's what you should know.

Dick Bavetta is the worse ref ever

Spurs don't play good until now.

The Los Angeles Lakers suck and their star Kobe Bryant sucks and he raped some girl. (Think of the Lakers like a once powerful and hated team that sucks now.)

sa_butta
02-13-2006, 03:42 PM
No I support Newcastle United (Magpies). Tottenham Hotspurs (Spurs) suck!!!Correction Spurs sucks everyone.

ryanjack
02-13-2006, 03:47 PM
Well Trainwreck 2100 What has Dick Bavetta done wrong. I now have a hate for the LA Lakers and especially for Kobe Bryant. I am a life long Spurs fan now and I will support them till I die. My favorite football (soccer) team is Newcastle as I've said and they aren't very good but I've supported them all my life.

ryanjack
02-13-2006, 03:48 PM
Sa Butta what do you mean by Spurs suck everyone.

Trainwreck2100
02-13-2006, 03:52 PM
Well Trainwreck 2100 What has Dick Bavetta done wrong. I now have a hate for the LA Lakers and especially for Kobe Bryant. I am a life long Spurs fan now and I will support them till I die. My favorite football (soccer) team is Newcastle as I've said and they aren't very good but I've supported them all my life.

Use the forums search feature to see about Bavetta. You shoudn't hate the Lakers or Kobe, just laugh at how far they have fallen.

ryanjack
02-13-2006, 03:58 PM
I will do. I shall laugh alot. Who are our closest rivals.

ShoogarBear
02-13-2006, 04:56 PM
Biggest rivals right now:

1. Dallas Mavericks: geographical rival with obnoxious fans, in our division, 2nd or 3rd best team in the conference
2. Detroit Pistons: #1A or #1B in the league. Best team in the Eastern Conference. Won the championship 2 years ago. Last year we beat them for the championship.
3. Houston Rockets: bad team but also a geographical rival with obnoxious fans and usually play us close
4. Phoenix Suns: 3rd or 2nd best team in our conference
5. Miami Heat: probably 2nd best team in the Eastern Conference. Not that good but they have Shaq.
6. LA Lakers: doesn't matter how bad they are, you must hate them. Having Kobe makes it easier.

infinite styles
02-13-2006, 05:14 PM
Hey ryanjack my family is from Hitchin and we always try to send them as much Spurs stuff as possible. All they ever new about was Jordan so we've been able to convert them to Duncan fans. But anyways you'll love the Spurs and you'll get to enjoy years of winning.

Duff McCartney
02-13-2006, 05:54 PM
I bought some Newcastle Brown Ale the other week. That makes us brothers!!

SequSpur
02-13-2006, 06:01 PM
Can we get an IP verification check please.....

I hate making friends with aliases.

ShoogarBear
02-13-2006, 09:49 PM
Sequ, weren't you born in England?

timvp
02-13-2006, 09:51 PM
Tonight, the Spurs won by double-digits. Lower score wins in basketball.

:smokin

Pistons < Spurs
02-13-2006, 09:52 PM
Tonight, the Spurs won by double-digits. Lower score wins in basketball.

:smokin

LMAO

hussker
02-13-2006, 09:54 PM

YOU FED A TROLL! AGHHHHH!!!!! (see the post below your quote)

batman2883
02-13-2006, 09:55 PM
are you fan of the greatest futbol team to ever player the sport...Manchester United...?????

ShoogarBear
02-13-2006, 10:15 PM
My baby takes the morning train . . .