PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain...

TDfan2007
02-13-2006, 09:20 PM
How in the fuck we get destroyed by the Cavs and Tim (who had 18 by the end of the 3rd quarter) didn't take a single shot or free throw in the 4th?

GOD I SWEAR SOMETIMES THIS TEAM BAFFLES ME

:pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss

Amuseddaysleeper
02-13-2006, 09:26 PM
this entire win streak was BS. we were barely beating teams the last couple of games, winning a lot more on "luck" its a miracle our streak lasted as long as it did. i dont see much improvement in this team from now and 2 weeks ago. the only bright spot was dallas and detroit slipping to make us look better than we actually were. we got exposed and have a lot of areas to work. biggest one that has plagued us all season: rebounding

without rebounding we wont even get past the wcf. simply too hard to keep yourself in the game when you CONSTANTLY get out hustled on the boards. we better make a trade or do SOMETHING to get the rebounding going or its gonna be a very short post season for us

Dre_7
02-13-2006, 09:27 PM
Its called an NBA season. 82 freakin games. Every team is going to lose some games!! GASP!!!!

Phenomanul
Easy... No Bruce Bowen...

At least in the 2nd Half I didn't see him... that's when James exploded...

Pistons < Spurs
How in the fuck we get destroyed by the Cavs and Tim (who had 18 by the end of the 3rd quarter) didn't take a single shot or free throw in the 4th?

At the half:

16 pts 9 rbs 4 asts

Ath the end:

19 pts 10 rbs 5 asts

hussker
02-13-2006, 09:28 PM
Tough Back to Back, tough road trip, not playing on all cylinders catches up. No excuses. Probably doing better on this trip than we should have been. Long way until June.

SouthernFried
02-13-2006, 09:28 PM
back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back

TDfan2007
02-13-2006, 09:31 PM
At the half:

16 pts 9 rbs 4 asts

Ath the end:

19 pts 10 rbs 5 asts

This is what I wanted explained to me. How the fuck did this happen?

Amuseddaysleeper
02-13-2006, 09:32 PM
its nothing new. TD ALWAYS dissapears. how many games did we have this year and last year especially during the playoffs as well as the 2004 playoffs against the lakers with "TD hasn't scored a FG in 28:15"

i'm not surprised

Brutalis
02-13-2006, 09:34 PM
it was a one man show.

we lost cause we looked tired and turned the ball over and couldnt hit the free shots. simple as that. although it builds confidense for the cavs, thats really it. nobody showed up to play tonight.

Stacis_pistons_rock
02-13-2006, 10:40 PM
[QUOTE=TDfan2007]How in the fuck we get destroyed by the Cavs and Tim (who had 18 by the end of the 3rd quarter) didn't take a single shot or free throw in the 4th?[QUOTE=]
why in gods name would you panic?it's a regular season loss off a back to back it's what happens in the regular season.you have a awesome team but even the best of the best have sh.itty games it's what happens in a 82 game season. the game meant more to the cavs then the spurs you had a red X target and coming off a rough back to back.be proud they did wonderful on a rd trip you couldn't ask for more.

smeagol
02-13-2006, 10:43 PM
It's TD's fault. He did not make Manu and TP good enough [sarcasm/]

Dre_7
02-13-2006, 10:45 PM
40-11

Thats all I have to say.

Stacis_pistons_rock
02-13-2006, 10:47 PM
40-11

Thats all I have to say.
exactly thats a great record and you won like what 07 rd wins in a row?you cant ask more they did what they could but their human and they get pooped.

Leetonidas
02-13-2006, 11:11 PM
I admit I'm annoyed, but seriously, we're doing fine right now.

midgetonadonkey
02-13-2006, 11:19 PM
I admit I'm annoyed, but seriously, we're doing fine right now.

People bitching about a loss is really annoying.

FreshPrince22
02-13-2006, 11:22 PM
It's 1 game, who cares?

leemajors
02-13-2006, 11:29 PM
spurs were due for a total clunker, we can still win wed and everyone can get rested over all star break.

bdubya
02-13-2006, 11:34 PM
People bitching about a loss is really annoying.

Detroit fans, anyway. Spurs fans bitching about a loss is kind of comforting, actually.

King
02-14-2006, 12:08 AM
So, Lebron James had nothing to do with this?

leemajors
02-14-2006, 12:14 AM
lebron had a great game, the cavs were also able to make a big push while he got a rest.

leemajors
02-14-2006, 12:20 AM
can someone explain how the spurs shot 50% from 3, 50% for the game, almost doubled up the cavs in ft's and still lost? spurs had only 65 shots, the cavs had 92... offensive boards. on to the next game!

FromWayDowntown
02-14-2006, 12:22 AM
can someone explain how the spurs shot 50% from 3, 50% for the game, almost doubled up the cavs in ft's and still lost? on to the next game!

I can. In the end, the Cavs had scored more points than the Spurs, thus causing them to win the game. [/smartass]

Budkin
02-14-2006, 12:37 AM
I'm annoyed at the loss too but it's just one game... the guys were tired and TP had a shitty night. It happens. We'll be ok. I swear.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-14-2006, 12:46 AM
I'm annoyed at the loss too but it's just one game... the guys were tired and TP had a shitty night. It happens. We'll be ok. I swear.

but will we get hca against detroit?

didn't think so :depressed

ChumpDumper
02-14-2006, 01:11 AM
Now was that so difficult?

Pistons < Spurs
02-14-2006, 01:12 AM
.......oh boy.......

ChumpDumper
02-14-2006, 01:15 AM
how can I tellReading would probably help.
you guys are turning into spursreport......better becareful.Nah, they wouldn't call you an asshole.

bdubya
02-14-2006, 01:40 AM

Pass the word on to Pop & co., OK? Don't want them thinking that just 'cause they ran off 9-1 v. 6-4 means they could actually MAKE UP the game-and-a-half gap, right?
:spin :spin :spin :spin

(We'll keep Flip in the dark for now, though)

T Park
02-14-2006, 03:45 AM
These people saying Duncan is toast, and fretting about HCA, are really starting to piss me the fuck off.

polandprzem
02-14-2006, 03:53 AM
These people saying Duncan is toast, and fretting about HCA, are really starting to piss me the fuck off.

Then quit

orhe
02-14-2006, 03:59 AM
it was the substitution and the play calling really...
the time when the cavs made a run the lineup was manu van exel and marks as a big man... now you would think the offense would run through manu... but no... van exel decided to take control...

now defensively that was the worst five to have out there when Lebron is heating up. :( i don't know what was wrong w/ manu but he was a step slow defensively

T Park
02-14-2006, 04:01 AM
blow me poland.

Don't like my posts?

Scroll.

Im staying, im never leaving, get the fuck over it now? or put me on ignore.

Either way, STFU.

T Park
02-14-2006, 04:02 AM
"i don't know what was wrong w/ manu but he was a step slow defensively"

Its called playing almost 30 some odd mintues the day before, and being only about 80%.

That simple.

The all star break will do him wonders.

5 straight days off.

He'll fell like a new man against Seattle.

T Park
02-14-2006, 04:03 AM

Its called playing almost 30 some odd mintues the day before, and being only about 80%.

That simple.

5 straight days off.

He'll feel like a new man against Seattle.

themvp
02-14-2006, 04:10 AM

That simple.

5 straight days off.

He'll feel like a new man against Seattle.

that is double post
:lol

Slo spurs fan
02-14-2006, 04:47 AM
blow me poland.

Don't like my posts?

Scroll.

Either way, STFU.
Donīt be such an ass T Park, Poland was just kidding.

polandprzem
02-14-2006, 05:14 AM
blow me poland.

Don't like my posts?

Scroll.

Either way, STFU.

:lmao

C'mon TPark - I was just kidding as slospursfan said. You are too sensitive. Try to relax somehow.

I know you are not going anywhere You quit on quitting a long time ago. :drunk

Pistonfan1
02-14-2006, 08:01 AM
I get a kick out of fans who are really overrating HCA if this finals rematch happens. If the Spurs are truly a greater and better team then the Pistons, they will beat us regardless. HCA is just a floor and while it may help, it doesnt promise shit. Comon people look at the last 14 years for proof that you dont need HCA in the finals to be champs :93 and 98 Bulls, 95 Rockets, 04 Pistons. Those were great teams who did what needed to be done without the HCA.

SAGambler
02-14-2006, 10:25 AM
One game... On a long road trip.. To be expected...

How many teams would give their right arm to come off 8 road games with one loss..?

I said at the start of this trip the Spurs would drop one, either to New Jersey or the Cavs on the B2B......

Certainly nothing to worry about....

And just think.. Detroit has to play King James 3 more times in the 2nd half...

He is a mofo, no doubt.. But it seemed to me that neither Pop nor the Spurs were all that interested in winning that game...

I mean when you are getting deeper in the hole, and still leaving your bench players in..... What do you expect...

SAGambler
02-14-2006, 10:28 AM
]I get a kick out of fans who are really overrating HCA if this finals rematch happens.[/B] If the Spurs are truly a greater and better team then the Pistons, they will beat us regardless. HCA is just a floor and while it may help, it doesnt promise shit. Comon people look at the last 14 years for proof that you dont need HCA in the finals to be champs :93 and 98 Bulls, 95 Rockets, 04 Pistons. Those were great teams who did what needed to be done without the HCA.

How important is HCA in the finals with the 2-3-2 format.. ?

I can only see it maybe coming into play if it goes to 7...

Stacis_pistons_rock
02-14-2006, 12:40 PM

as a pistons fan i hope we do get HCA but it's way to early to determine that.

myhc
02-14-2006, 01:40 PM
this entire win streak was BS. we were barely beating teams the last couple of games, winning a lot more on "luck" its a miracle our streak lasted as long as it did.

wrong. our 40-11 record is a miracle. probably one of the most outrageously lucky teams in the history of sports. i think an article should be written about it. incredible how we got the 2nd best record in the NBA on pure luck. mark it, we're going to get beat in the 1st round because luck will only take you so far in the NBA.

/sarcasm

kskonn
02-14-2006, 03:40 PM
wrong. our 40-11 record is a miracle. probably one of the most outrageously lucky teams in the history of sports. i think an article should be written about it. incredible how we got the 2nd best record in the NBA on pure luck. mark it, we're going to get beat in the 1st round because luck will only take you so far in the NBA.

/sarcasm

ha Ha, I like this post....

In all seriousness I do think one of the weaker areas of this team is rebounding. We have lost more games due to not being able to secure rebounds this year than I can remember.

However I also think those issues will go away when Horry is healthier and can play more minutes. His help defense allows duncan to get on the blocks and fight for the rebounds. I would not mind making a trade for a banger though just for insurance purposes.

Kori Ellis
02-14-2006, 04:45 PM
Like I said, Timmy D. is on a massive decline. Even the truly great PFs and centers still get 19 and 11 while playing with bruised knees and groin pulls. Your precious 2-time MVP fares much worse at 12 and 8 on the avg.

KG is still a reliable 20-12 even while playing hurt.

You do realize that Duncan is averaging 20 and 11.5, right?

cheguevara
02-14-2006, 04:46 PM
Like I said, Timmy D. is on a massive decline. Even the truly great PFs and centers still get 19 and 11 while playing with bruised knees and groin pulls. Your precious 2-time MVP fares much worse at 12 and 8 on the avg.

KG is still a reliable 20-12 even while playing hurt.

^ it's called an injury, and has nothing to do with bruised knees or groin pull. It's a serious injury. Garnett would probably shed tears w/it.

abelle23
02-14-2006, 04:59 PM
I get a kick out of fans who are really overrating HCA if this finals rematch happens. If the Spurs are truly a greater and better team then the Pistons, they will beat us regardless. HCA is just a floor and while it may help, it doesnt promise shit. Comon people look at the last 14 years for proof that you dont need HCA in the finals to be champs :93 and 98 Bulls, 95 Rockets, 04 Pistons. Those were great teams who did what needed to be done without the HCA.

im so worried bout HCA...never thought id be comforted by this...esp coming from a piston fan...

cheguevara
02-14-2006, 05:04 PM
And you Spursies have yet to prove that you can win it all without HCA in the Finals :angel

meanwhile the wolvies need to prove they can still make the playoffs

Miawwww, I mean Awwwwww!
http://www.soulcare.org/images/Wolf-Cub.jpg

Joepa
02-14-2006, 05:13 PM
And you Spursies have yet to prove that you can win it all without HCA in the Finals :angel

Seeing as how we are 3 for 3 so far, we haven't had a chance to prove it. I guess we should start tanking games in order to prove to the world that we're "for real." As if 3 out of 7 championships and 6 losing seasons in our history hasn't already.

TDfan2007
02-15-2006, 12:51 AM
Guys I'm not complaining about our effort or jumping ship. I just asked a simple question that absolutely nobody has answered in these couple of days.

HOW IN THE HELL DOES TIM NOT TAKE A SINGLE SHOT IN THE 4TH QUARTER?

That's all. No need to overreact and pull our the "we're still 40-11" card. That is getting really old. So we have a good record, we still aren't anywhere near the level of last year's team.

And for the love of god don't anyone say that the Cleveland loss was just one game and doesn't matter. Anyone who plays basketball knows that every game counts especially when your in a race as close as this for HCA. You're supposed to bring it every night. Most college teams leave it all on the court and they don't even get paid to play.

Now, could someone please answer my question? If not, this thread is pointless and might as well be deleted.