PDA

View Full Version : Add "Hunting for Quail" to this list of things this administration is doing illegally

Mr. Peabody
02-13-2006, 09:39 PM
Is hunting without the appropriate license one of the administration's newly-discovered war powers?

Officials: Cheney Lacked 'Bird Stamp' for Texas License

By E&P Staff

Published: February 13, 2006 7:00 PM ET

NEW YORK In the aftermath of the Saturday shooting, Texas state wildlife officials reported late today that while Vice President Dick Cheney had purchased a valid non-resident hunting license, he did not obtain a required "upland game bird stamp."

A warning citation--which carries no fine or penalty--will be issued to Cheney, which state officials described as "routine." Cheney's office said he would promptly send in the $7 for the stamp. However, as the Dallas Morning News headlined on its Web site, he was, on Saturday, "hunting illegally."

The first official report on the shooting of a fellow hunter on Saturday by Cheney was issued late today by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department. It follows much controversy and speculaton stemming from the failure of the vice president or the White House to announce the incident for 18 hours.

The report, posted at the Smoking Gun site, confirmed the time of shooting of Harry Whittington at 5:30 pm on Saturday and that Cheney was wearing a "blaze orange" cap and "coat/vest" and brown trousers and was toting a Perazzi .28 caliber shotgun.

The "Game Law Violated" box was checked, with the violation listed as section "P&W Code 43.652." According to an online rundown on that sectin, this relates to the lack of the upland bird stamp. The text follows: "Except as provided by Subsection (b), a person may not hunt a
migratory or upland game bird in this state unless the person has acquired a migratory or upland game bird stamp, as applicable, issued to the person by the department."

At the same time, the Kenedy County Sheriff's Office this afternoon issued a press release noting that an "investigation reveals that there was no alcohol, or misconduct involved in the incident." It added that Whittington "collaborated Vice President Cheney's statement," and concluded, "This was no more than a hunting accident."

However, that office had previously disclosed that it was not able to interview Cheney Saturday night after the shooting, and did not do so until Sunday morning.

Meanwhile, one of the many odd details about the episode involves the third hunter in the group. Some news outlets, including The Associated Press in some dispatches, after not disclosed the name, while many others have said it was Pam Willeford, the U.S. Ambassador to Switzerland and Liechtenstein, and a native Texan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E&P Staff

SA210
02-13-2006, 09:53 PM
I also mentioned this in the other Cheney thread.

Let's see how this is spun or made to look like nothing at all.

:lmao

Harry Whittington
02-13-2006, 09:57 PM
Quail my derry aire!, literally. I dun be shot by a damn chest grabbin' heartbeat away from runnin' the country wyoming cowboy...SUMBITCH!

exstatic
02-13-2006, 10:53 PM
He apparently didn't hit any quail, and lawyers are ALWAYS in season.

Spurminator
02-13-2006, 11:08 PM
Seeing as there's a war going on, aren't there more important things for journalists to be covering?

Peter
02-13-2006, 11:24 PM
Who cares?

boutons_
02-13-2006, 11:32 PM
dubya/dickhead/Repugs are above the law.
Only citizen suckers need to comply.

When people not at the top believe they people at the top are cheating and subverting, not even giving lip service to compliance and respect for the law, the people begin to feel like they are suckers complying, so they will start cheating in little ways, then bigger ways, and finally the rotteness example at the top filters down and pollutes pervasively.

George W Bush
02-13-2006, 11:43 PM
Hey, who cares about laws, I'm George W Bush.

nuff said :tu

Peter
02-13-2006, 11:51 PM
It was only a matter of time before this event moved from comedy to conspiracy.

George W Bush
02-13-2006, 11:54 PM
It was only a matter of time before this event moved from comedy to conspiracy.

Shut up Peter,
your book in the bible has no piktures and I'm very upset about that.

God Bless America :tu

Peter
02-13-2006, 11:57 PM
That wasn't funny the 1st time you posted it, sac.

George W Bush
02-13-2006, 11:58 PM
I'm not supposed to be funny boy, I'm just stupid.
Then again, you voted for me, so I don't know who's dumber.

I'm George W Bush and I approve this message :tu

Yonivore
02-14-2006, 08:26 AM
Seeing as there's a war going on, aren't there more important things for journalists to be covering?

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/images/milbankpic.jpg
Apparently Not.

SpursWoman
02-14-2006, 10:15 AM
http://michellemalkin.com/archives/images/milbankpic.jpg
Apparently Not.

Sorry, but....I dig Aerosmith. :lol :rollin

xrayzebra
02-14-2006, 10:18 AM
Much ado about nothing.

Hook Dem
02-14-2006, 10:24 AM
http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/9888/cheney2hl.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

xrayzebra
02-14-2006, 10:26 AM
^^Amen to that. Cheney doesn't run off and leave you to die.

nkdlunch
02-14-2006, 10:42 AM
nah he won't run off, but you'll die alright, by his bullets

Mr. Peabody
02-14-2006, 10:52 AM
Much ado about nothing.

I agree that the hunting w/o a license is much ado about nothing, but it is funny nonetheless.

IceColdBrewski
02-14-2006, 11:59 AM
:jack

ChumpDumper
02-14-2006, 12:51 PM
It's hilarious as is. Only a douche woud fail to admit that.

Of course Cheney couldn't leave well enough alone and just let the story out immediately. He had to delay an entire day so all kinds of specualtion about covering up something could be born. If there is nothing to hide, why does this administration always have to act so suspiciously?

exstatic
02-14-2006, 02:07 PM

Of course Cheney couldn't leave well enough alone and just let the story out immediately. He had to delay an entire day so all kinds of specualtion about covering up something could be born. If there is nothing to hide, why does this administration always have to act so suspiciously?
Because they're Republicans. Covering up is like breathing to them.

Spurminator
02-14-2006, 02:17 PM
As Jay Leno fodder, this IS gold... But as a top news story with Press Conferences where reporters ask about the possibility of Cheney resigning, or compare the "cover up" to the levee debaucle after Katrina (http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2006/02/20060213-4.html#b), I'm not so sure.

I'm also not sure I see any obligation for Cheney to immediately notify the Press about the incident. Far as I'm concerned the only real consequence is that Jon Stewart had less time to prepare his routine.

xrayzebra
02-14-2006, 03:19 PM

You mean like Iraq? :angel

ChumpDumper
02-14-2006, 03:52 PM
Iraq, energy summits, wiretaps -- just about anything.

Kori Ellis
02-14-2006, 04:19 PM
That wasn't funny the 1st time you posted it, sac.

Just for the record George W Bush isn't Zak. George W. Bush is Zak.

There's two different posters.

Yonivore
02-14-2006, 06:29 PM
Just for the record George W Bush isn't Zak. George W. Bush is Zak.

There's two different posters.
Oh damn, there's a record?!?!?!

Harry Whittington
02-14-2006, 06:31 PM
hell Yes! A Record Of My Damn Heart Rhythm!!!!!!

Yonivore
02-14-2006, 06:36 PM
hell Yes! A Record Of My Damn Heart Rhythm!!!!!!
And, in your case, asystole can't come fast enought. God the aliases get old...