PDA

View Full Version : How good is Lebron James?

George Gervin's Afro
02-14-2006, 08:56 AM
Thank God we don't have to face this dude in the playoffs! It was apparent that we had to double the guy 20 feet from the basket and he still picked us apart!! The thing that amazes me the most is how big he is. I have not seen to many wing guys make Manu and Bruce look so small ..This guy is going to be a handful..... Anyway we were due for game like this..

leemajors
02-14-2006, 09:16 AM
we don't play them again this season i believe, but i doubt he would have a game like that the next time we played...

SouthernFried
02-14-2006, 09:24 AM
Lebron looked all world last night. But, Dwayne Shintzus woulda looked all world against us last night.

ducks
02-14-2006, 09:25 AM
bowen held him to 81 points the last 4 games
bowen played 3 games on 4 nights
and on a back to back
he was tired

Ernie
02-14-2006, 09:27 AM
hi ducks!

George Gervin's Afro
02-14-2006, 09:29 AM
well I realize what type of game we had but i was just amazed how good he is...I was begining to realize he is going to a once in a lifetime player... Now I realize in the playoffs we would have a better game plan and would be better rested but I am just amazed at his size and agility.. we did have a very bad game no argument from me.

Rummpd
02-14-2006, 09:31 AM
He is simply fabulous, but due to his clutchness I would take Dwyane Wade personally over him right now.

Spurs let him have his way last night shades of Amare - Spurs do need to make the final step forward in becomming the greatest team possible have to lock down a taller active defender. Shame R. Artest was not pursued, IMO he was worth any kind of risk for his upside.

dmac
02-14-2006, 09:59 AM
has anyone scored more points on us in a single game this season?

T-Pain
02-14-2006, 10:40 AM
Thank God we don't have to face this dude in the playoffs! It was apparent that we had to double the guy 20 feet from the basket and he still picked us apart!! The thing that amazes me the most is how big he is. I have not seen to many wing guys make Manu and Bruce look so small ..This guy is going to be a handful..... Anyway we were due for game like this..

LeBrons the shit, hes one of my favorite players behind manu and tim. heck, i have his cavs red and alternate blue jersey and his zoom lebron III's

SAGambler
02-14-2006, 11:36 AM

If you look at his stats, he has room for lots of improvement....

Yeah, he scores a lot, but he puts up more than twice the number of shots of anyone else on the team.. So far this year he has jacked up 250 3pt attempts. He has taken something like 1200 shots... hitting less than 50%...

The last time I looked, this was a TEAM sport, which makes me wonder, can Cleveland ever become a dominant team...

If you put Lebron on the floor with Duncan, Manu, and TP... Would he still take 70% of the shots...?

Lebron is a great individual player... We have yet to see if he can become a great TEAM player, which is what wins "ships"....

ABDENOUR POWER
02-14-2006, 04:18 PM
Thank God we don't have to face this dude in the playoffs!

Oh sure, just leave him and Wade for us to deal with. :cuss

timvp
02-14-2006, 04:18 PM
LeBron is the best ever at his age. If he keeps on developing, he's going to run the league in his mid-20's. Give him the right teammates and he's going to win a handful of trophies.

FromWayDowntown
02-14-2006, 04:24 PM
What I think is remarkable about Lebron is his willingness to work at his game and improve facets of it as he progresses along. He's improved his shooting and defense each year, and while it's apparent, I think, that he still has a ton of room for improvement, he seems inclined to work on those things.

He was an immense physical talent when he entered the league, but now he's a player -- he has a good grasp of how to use his talents to make his team better on a nightly basis. He still struggles in some tight situations and I think he can be taken out of his game on certain nights, but for the most part he's consistently great and still improving.

midgetonadonkey
02-14-2006, 04:27 PM
He's pretty fucking good.

rascal
02-14-2006, 04:28 PM
He is still young. It won't be long before he will be the best in the league and challenge Jordan, Chamberlain and all the other all time greats as the best ever.

lilmads
02-14-2006, 04:29 PM
He's a great player, unfortunately his team isn't as great as he is.
A different team, and a couple more years, and he's a future champ

Sense
02-14-2006, 04:35 PM
He's not that good.

N4th4n
02-14-2006, 04:47 PM
midgetonadonkey , i just want to let you know that olde english taste like donkey piss. Although it is quite gangster

himat
02-14-2006, 05:33 PM
lebron is a great player. after more time in the league he'll be amazing.

SouthernFried
02-14-2006, 05:40 PM
The question is, can he play with a team concept?

There are a lot of NBA players who could put up tons of points every night, if given the green light to do so. Averaging over 30 points a game.

Of course, it seems SA and Detroit don't have those type of players...what a shame, eh?

leemajors
02-14-2006, 05:55 PM
given his court vision and passing ability, he just needs the right teammates around him and he will have no problem playing in a team concept. sometimes the best thing for his team is him taking over

ducks
02-14-2006, 06:01 PM
LeBron is the best ever at his age. If he keeps on developing, he's going to run the league in his mid-20's. Give him the right teammates and he's going to win a handful of trophies.

what about shaq, kobe,duncan and wade
you mean all players have to have decent teamates to win a title

ps if kg can lead his team to the playoffs why can not james?

dbreiden83080
02-14-2006, 06:02 PM
He is awesome and he will dominate statistically for a long time. He will go through what Jordan went through, big time stats for a number of years and then everyone will want to know where his rings are. Larry Hughes will not be his Scottie Pippen he is always injured and not a great all around player. I wil be interested to see what seed they are come playoff time and if they advance.

ducks
02-14-2006, 06:03 PM
He is awesome and he will dominate statistically for a long time. He will go through what Jordan went through, big time stats for a number of years and then everyone will want to know where his rings are. Larry Hughes will not be his Scottie Pippen he is always injured and not a great all around player. I wil be interested to see what seed they are come playoff time and if they advance.

they have to make it first :lol

timvp
02-14-2006, 06:17 PM
what about shaq, kobe,duncan and wade
you mean all players have to have decent teamates to win a title

ps if kg can lead his team to the playoffs why can not james?

He will this season.

Get ready.

:hat

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-14-2006, 06:29 PM
How good is Lebron James?

He's very, very, very good. Very good X3.

ducks
02-14-2006, 07:14 PM
hughes is out for 8-10 weeks
can he do it???????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????

ducks
see nba forum

E20
The guys is GOOD X 1000

ducks
02-14-2006, 07:23 PM
Larry Hughes: Likely Done for Regular Season

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
Update: Hughes is likely to miss the rest of the regular season after having surgery on Tuesday for the second time in six weeks on his broken right middle finger, the Associated Press reports.

Recommendation: Hughes was supposed to miss six to eight weeks after having surgery Jan. 6. However, doctors concluded last week that the finger hadn't healed as quickly as the team had hoped. The team said he will now miss an additional eight to 10 weeks. "If all goes well for him and all goes well for our team ... he could possibly be back and participate in the postseason," Cavaliers general manager Danny Ferry said.

ducks
02-14-2006, 07:24 PM
now they have excuses why james will not make the postseason

without hughes they are 12-11

ducks
02-14-2006, 07:26 PM
I guess they might have a legitame reason to tank this year after the allstar break like the last 2 years with james

or were they not tanking :lol :angel :angel :elephant :lol

E20
02-14-2006, 07:27 PM
I guess they might have a legitame reason to tank this year after the allstar break like the last 2 years with james

or were they not tanking :lol :angel :angel :elephant :lol
Ducks, what would you do if James led the Cavs to an NBA title this season?

ducks
02-14-2006, 07:32 PM
I would die laughing they got by the great overrated pistons who were on pace to win 70 games so I would already be dead when they would play the spurs if they remain healthy

ducks
02-14-2006, 07:40 PM
anyone making bets that pistons get beat by the cavs in postseason?

SequSpur
02-14-2006, 07:41 PM
As long as Bruce Bowen is guarding him, he will look like the best player ever to play basketball.

SoCalSpursFan
02-14-2006, 07:58 PM
Lebron is good. Really good.

Specially in the next couple of years...we can't stop him, we can only hope to contain him.

midgetonadonkey
02-14-2006, 11:46 PM
midgetonadonkey , i just want to let you know that olde english taste like donkey piss. Although it is quite gangster

It tastes like piss to you because you are a bitch.

:pctoss

Nikos
02-15-2006, 12:15 AM
He is already probably the best offensive player in the league right now. That should say a lot. If he can improve into an excellent defender, he could get into Michael Jordan territory. He isn't going to be quite as nimble, but his strength makes up for that. After all the guy is built like Amare almost with the athleticism as good as anyone's with the basketball in his hands.

T-Pain
02-15-2006, 01:47 AM
lebron is a great player. after more time in the league he'll be amazing.

he already is amazing with the numbers hes puttin up so far as a youth

Joepa
02-15-2006, 10:39 AM
Hey, why don't we glue LeBron's jock strap to our faces since we're all up in it?

Tony owns LeBron.

I kid.