http://www.nba.com/clippers/news/radmanovic_060214.html

Kori Ellis
02-14-2006, 06:20 PM
They got Chris Wilcox for him.

The Clippers got ripped off :lol

timvp
02-14-2006, 06:21 PM
Radman for Wilcox?

Man, the Clippers got owned in this trade. Radmanovic is decent but the Clippers have been offered better players for Wilcox.

:wtf

Despot
02-14-2006, 06:27 PM
All I saw was R*********ovic, and I got all happy.

AZLouis
02-14-2006, 06:28 PM
Maybe Maggette is worse than reported?

ChumpDumper
02-14-2006, 06:39 PM
Yeah this is definitely a move to cover Maggs' spot. Sam Smith was spreading around his usual BS about Dunleavy wanting to get his son in trade to fill the gap. Took less than half a day to get owned.

Phenomanul
02-14-2006, 06:40 PM
They got Chris Wilcox for him.

The Clippers got ripped off :lol

WOW Kori... you have the same record on both fantasy leagues.....

Kori Ellis
02-14-2006, 06:41 PM
WOW Kori... you have the same record on both fantasy leagues.....

Haha. Yeah I'm pretty consistently average. I go 4-0 one week and then 0-4 the next.

timvp
02-14-2006, 06:41 PM
Cassell, Mobely and Radman might be the worst defensive three perimeter players ever assembled. At least Q Ross kept them respectable at that end of the court.

Spurologist
02-14-2006, 06:42 PM
Wilcox barely played, but he has tremendous upside at only 23. He's very athletic and has an improving jumper.

Rad is only soft player with a streaky jump shot. Stock of clips GM just went down ten fold.

Kori Ellis
02-14-2006, 06:43 PM
Maggette just got cleared to get back on the court today.

SportsTicker
National Basketball Association News Wire

LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles Clippers forward Corey Maggette has been cleared to begin an on-court rehabilitation program as well as stationary shooting, the team announced on Tuesday.

Maggette has not played since separating a ligament between the bones in his left foot in a December 5 game against Miami.

According to Clippers team physician Dr. Tony Daly, X-rays showed continued healing in the separated foot ligament. However, a timetable for his return to game action has yet to be determined.

Maggette, 26, suffered the injury when he landed another player's foot late in the third quarter of the December 5 contest.

The Clippers originally listed Maggette as day-to-day with a sprained foot. However, a CT scan later revealed a small ligament separation between the bones in the mid-foot.

In his seventh NBA season and sixth with the Clippers, Maggette has averaged 21.7 points and 5.5 rebounds in 13 games. He averaged a career-high 22.2 points in 66 games last season.

Marklar MM
02-14-2006, 06:44 PM
Rad is only soft player with a streaky jump shot. Stock of clips GM just went down ten fold.

Is that possible....He must be in the negatives now.

myhc
02-14-2006, 07:01 PM
Elgin Baylor strikes again! :lol

ChumpDumper
02-14-2006, 07:06 PM
Weren't there alot of Maggs trades that were nixed because GMs were worried about the ankle?

timvp
02-14-2006, 07:10 PM
Well, Maggette is the player who missed a game due to a bad pedicure.

http://www.eskimo.com/~pbender/nba-daily/99-00/scores11-25.txt

FromWayDowntown
02-14-2006, 07:30 PM
I'm really curious about this move. Who do the Clippers have to rebound the basketball when Kaman or Brand is off the floor? I can't see how the Clippers have done anything to help them win in the fashion that has pushed them to the #5 seed at the moment -- it seems to me that they're putting a ton of pressure on Brand and Kaman to stay healthy, something that neither has done particularly well, historically.

Unless there's another deal coming . . . .

Darth48076
02-14-2006, 08:13 PM
OMG.. theres three (one of the three)guys I want joe Dumars to try to get.

Wilcox
Jemer (sp?) Nelson (Magic)
Shane Battie (Griz)

spurschick
02-14-2006, 08:32 PM
:bang He was actually giving me some decent numbers here and there. I have no idea what this is going to do to my fantasy team.

Gerryatrics
02-14-2006, 09:00 PM
The Sonics made off like a thief with this trade. I have no idea how the Front Office managed to pull it together. Not that I expect the Sonics to do anything this season, it might buy Bob Hill another year though.

T Park
02-14-2006, 09:06 PM
The Sonics got a Forward.

Now they just need a

backup point.

center
back up center

back up small forward, small forward

and a competent head coach :)

Guru of Nothing
02-14-2006, 09:40 PM
Any update on Zeljko Rebraca and his irregular heartbeat? Last year, he looked greater than servicable. If he can come back this season, this trade makes a little sense.

Please note, I have not paid close attention to NBA matters this season.

Russ
02-14-2006, 10:55 PM
I gotta like this deal for the . . . Clippers! (as someone who has seen Wilcox many times and remembers how promising Radmanovic once looked).

Pretty much a nothing deal, but it may help the Clips over time.

Kori Ellis
02-14-2006, 11:12 PM
How will it help the Clips over time? Radmanovic wants a deal of at least 5 years/$50M this summer. Do you think the Clips would pay him that?

JamStone
02-14-2006, 11:14 PM
If Radmanovic decides to stay in LA and stays for relatively cheap, and Baylor and Clippers management got the feeling that Chris Wilcox didn't want to stay, it makes more sense. Radmanovic can fill in at either forward spot so it gives the Clippers bench more flexibility. He has the talent to start and he's a good outside shooter. I think he makes for a better fit with the Clippers. Now, Chris Wilcox might be the better athlete and have more promise / potential. But, I think the Clippers made a reasonably good deal.

Kori Ellis
02-14-2006, 11:16 PM
If Radmanovic decides to stay in LA and stays for relatively cheap

He turned down a five year/$42M deal plus incentives this summer.

He wants to get paid.

JamStone
02-14-2006, 11:26 PM

He wants to get paid.

He's had a pretty subpar season so far.

Reality will hit.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-14-2006, 11:27 PM

He wants to get paid.

That's amazing. I didn't realize he was considered to be that good.

Kori Ellis
02-14-2006, 11:30 PM
That's amazing. I didn't realize he was considered to be that good.

The Sonics were trying to build a core and he was part of that. He scoffed at the offer. He said at first that he was looking for upwards of $60M. No one offered him anything in free agency (he was restricted), so he stayed in Seattle for the one-year qualifying offer (~$3M).

Then when Bob Weiss was coaching, he wasn't playing much so he demanded a trade within 3 weeks if he wasn't getting more than 20 minutes per game :lol

Anyway, after Bob Hill took over, he put him in the starting lineup at the PF spot.

Now Reggie Evans, Danny Fortson and Vitaly Potapenko asked for trades. They are also trying to get rid of Flip Murray.

rascal
02-15-2006, 12:22 AM
The spurs should have tried to get Wilcox. Wilcox and Rebraca(to match contracts) for Rasho. Rebraca has 2 more years on his contract while Rasho has 3.

Anyone else make this move?

Guru of Nothing
02-15-2006, 12:29 AM
He scoffed at the ($42M) offer. He said at first that he was looking for upwards of $60M.

Obviously, ElPimpo is his agent.

Russ
02-15-2006, 12:46 AM
Rasho > Wilcox, easily.

Kori, "over time" just means over the rest of this year. That's all you can look at in this deal -- the Clippers weren't going to keep Wilcox anyway.

timvp
02-15-2006, 12:49 AM
It sounds like the Clippers wanted a three-point threat. Radman, for all his faults, can hit'em from downtown.

It'll be interesting to see how much time he gets.

Kori Ellis
02-15-2006, 12:50 AM
Rasho > Wilcox, easily.

Kori, "over time" just means over the rest of this year. That's all you can look at in this deal -- the Clippers weren't going to keep Wilcox anyway.

Cool. If over time means this season, then he'll probably help because he can knock down 3's for them. I wish the Clippers would win their division instead of the Suns.

T Park
02-15-2006, 01:21 AM
if the Clippers won the division.

Wouldn't that like, tear a whole in the space time somethin er other.

Like using an easy button to find an easy button.

Cats and dogs, living together......

baseline bum
02-15-2006, 05:51 AM
I like the trade. Wilcox was getting no time on the Clippers and it's obvious they have no space for him when they have two young frontcourt studs in Brand and Kamen. I'm no Radmanovic fan, but he brings more to the table for the Clippers than Wilcox does. Conversely, there's nowhere for Radman in Seattle when they already have two incredible three-point shooters in Lewis and Allen, and Wilcox will have a chance to live up to his potential there. Neither player was being used by his previous team, but each fits in pretty well with his new team. I think it's a win-win, although I like this trade more for Seattle.

ShoogarBear
02-15-2006, 09:58 AM
It sounds like the Clippers wanted a three-point threat. Radman, for all his faults, can hit'em from downtown.

That's how I read it, too.

Wilcox wasn't getting much PT, and the Clips are thinking about making their best shot at the playoffs now. Can't say I blame them.

FromWayDowntown
02-15-2006, 11:41 AM
That's how I read it, too.

Wilcox wasn't getting much PT, and the Clips are thinking about making their best shot at the playoffs now. Can't say I blame them.

They're in trouble, though, if either Brand or Kaman has foul problems or minor injuries. I don't see the Clippers having anyone other than those two (and the always-iffy Rebraca) to defend in the paint and rebound. I guess they're going to up the pace and try to score their way in. It's worked before.

leemajors
02-15-2006, 01:26 PM
doesn't collison get most of the minutes at the 4?