PDA

View Full Version : Wedding proposal for spurs game?

mrose31
02-15-2006, 11:49 AM
My brother-in-law is thinking of proposing to his girlfriend at a spurs game. Does anyone know how to get them to post "Will you marry me" on the big screen." Thanks for any help.

ObiwanGinobili
02-15-2006, 11:50 AM
go to the spurs.com website.
they do that.
i think you need to contact them x# of days/weeks in advance.....

1Parker1
02-15-2006, 11:52 AM
AWWWWWWWW! That is the BEST way to get proposed! Let us know how it goes! :)

ObiwanGinobili
02-15-2006, 11:54 AM
here's the link.
http://www.nba.com/spurs/fans/fans_first.html

under "m" for marriage propsals it says:
Marriage Proposals
Marriage proposals can be arranged in advance of a game and include the Coyote or other franchise sport mascots in your proposal experience for a fee. Send your request in writing, four weeks prior to your special occasion, to our Community Relations Department Attention: Appearance Coordinator, One SBC Center, San Antonio, TX 78219. Please include all of the pertinent information surrounding your proposal, including date, names, seat location, daytime phone number, and home address.

SpursWoman
02-15-2006, 12:01 PM
That's pretty cool. :)

midgetonadonkey
02-15-2006, 12:02 PM
I wonder what the fee would be for an on-court proposal during a timeout. That is something I would be interested in doing.

Pistons < Spurs
02-15-2006, 12:07 PM
Pretty cool story from yesterday:

Katrina Victims with Michigan Connections Tie the Knot at Valentine’s Day Game
Detroit Pistons Fans to Exchange Wedding Vows at Halftime

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. - On Tuesday, February 14, when the Detroit Pistons host the New Jersey Nets at 7:30 p.m., Denis Davis and Courtney Green will highlight the Valentine’s Day festivities and become husband and wife during a halftime wedding ceremony.

Davis, 28, and Green, 26 were victims of Hurricane Katrina and lost everything in their Biloxi, Mississippi area home, including everything for their upcoming wedding. Davis, who was born in Farmington and grew up in Taylor, moved to Texas but spent holidays and summers in Michigan with extended family. Davis has been a life-long Pistons fan. The couple, who have since moved back to the Biloxi area, will be flying to Detroit for the ceremony and will arrive the weekend before Valentine’s Day.

“I wish I could find the words to express his (Denis’) love for the team,” Green said in a letter to the organization. “We have Pistons t-shirts, sweatshirts and jerseys, so he can wear something no matter what the weather is like. When they won the championship in 2004, I saw tears in his eyes. I swear this is the coolest thing that has ever happened to us. We go from having our entire wedding destroyed to having dreams come true.”

The Pistons, along with several sponsors, will be helping the couple celebrate their wedding and honeymoon. Luxury Limousine Dearborn will provide limo service to and from the game, Worry-Free Vacations will provide a Las Vegas honeymoon for the couple and Viviano’s will provide the flowers. Wedding gifts, his and hers watches, will be provided by JusTex Swiss Watches.

mrose31
02-15-2006, 12:10 PM
Thanks obiwan I will let him know.

SpursWoman
02-15-2006, 12:17 PM
Pretty cool story from yesterday

Awwwww! :makeout :)

ShoogarBear
02-15-2006, 12:29 PM
How about just a one-night proposal on the Jumbotron?

"Nice shoes . . . "

Mixability
02-15-2006, 01:21 PM
I'd much rather propose in a way that's NEVER been done before. .02

angel_luv
02-15-2006, 01:22 PM
I wonder what the fee would be for an on-court proposal during a timeout. That is something I would be interested in doing.

I don't know what the fee is, but I saw someone do it last year.

The Coytote was doing a stunt- I think with the trampoline- and needed help from the audience.
He picked a girl, brought her onto the court, and then blind folded her.

While she is standing there waiting for the Coyote to jump ( or whatever), her boyfriend comes on court and kneels in front of her.

The coyote takes of the blindfold and you know the rest.

It was really very creative and sweet.

tlongII
02-15-2006, 01:24 PM
Gay

Mixability
02-15-2006, 01:32 PM
question for the ladies: would you appreciate a more personal proposal or one in front of alot of people(family gathering/sporting event)?

angel_luv
02-15-2006, 01:46 PM
I want my proposal to be an extentsion us and our relationship ,so it would depend on where he and I are in our lives.

At this point I think getting proposed to at a Spurs game is very cool. However, I would want our moment to have a personal twist to it- i.e. not an exact replica of someone else's.

ca®lo
02-15-2006, 01:53 PM
has there ever been a case that u guys know of someone proposing in front of a huge crowd (i.e. games, concerts, etc etc) that didnt had the expected ending? (the girl saying no)

that would be a complete bummer.

ShoogarBear
02-15-2006, 01:56 PM
has there ever been a case that u guys know of someone proposing in front of a huge crowd (i.e. games, concerts, etc etc) that didnt had the expected ending? (the girl saying no)

That's definitely happened several times before.

Poor dudes are probably scarred for life.

In a way, similar to the opening scene of EuroTrip. :lmao

T-Pain
02-15-2006, 01:57 PM
damn thats a good idea, i wanna do it on the floor in front of everyone

angel_luv
02-15-2006, 02:01 PM

It happen at an NBA game last season. I want to say it was in Orlando.

Some guy proposed and if I remember correctly, the girl not only said no but ran out of the arena.

T-Pain
02-15-2006, 02:02 PM
It happen at an NBA game last season. I want to say it was in Orlando.

Some guy proposed and if I remember correctly, the girl not only said no but ran out of the arena.

o thats embarassing

angel_luv
02-15-2006, 02:03 PM
Found it. Although now I don't know what the real story is.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/pete_mcentegart/02/16/ten.spot/

5. It turns out the 10 Spot was duped in reporting in Tuesday's edition about a man's ill-fated marriage proposal during Sunday's Magic-Hornets game. WKMG-TV reported that the apparent proposal, which caused the seemingly distraught woman to flee the court, was a hoax designed to "spice up the NBA experience." A number of 10 Spot readers were on to the hoax, with several noting that a similarly unsuccessful proposal also took place at Sunday's Heat-Spurs game. Moreover, the Wizards pulled a similar ploy last year. Why the league thinks that simulated public humiliation adds to the NBA experience is still anyone's guess. Still, 10 Spot reader Kathy of Staunton, Va., wrote in to say sports events can indeed be a great place to propose; her husband of six months did so at an NHL game, and she "loved" it. Let's hope Kathy's not pulling our leg as well, but she seems like an honest sort.

angel_luv
02-15-2006, 02:06 PM
I did see the woman running of the court on some sports news program.

SpursWoman
02-15-2006, 02:11 PM
I want my proposal to be an extentsion us and our relationship ,so it would depend on where he and I are in our lives.

IF someoneIknow ever did something like that I'd love it ... we met on a Spurs forum, our first date was to a Spurs game ... and we now have season tickets together....and some of our finest moments have occurred while watching away games on TV. :angel

It'd seem kind of like the natural flow of things... :drunk

SpursWoman
02-15-2006, 02:12 PM
I did see the woman running of the court on some sports news program.

I believe that was one of the *hoax's*

angel_luv
02-15-2006, 02:12 PM
IF someoneIknow ever did something like that I'd love it ... we met on a Spurs forum, our first date was to a Spurs game ... and we have season tickets together....and some of our finest moments have occurred while watching away games on TV.

It'd seem kind of like the natural flow of things...

I'm rooting for that. :D

NZHayden
02-15-2006, 03:18 PM
Gay
:lmao buzz killer!

GoSpurs21
02-15-2006, 04:04 PM
friend of my proposed to his then girl friend at a Cubs game in Wrigley. They have been married for 7 years now.

Shelly
02-15-2006, 04:32 PM
IF someoneIknow ever did something like that I'd love it ... we met on a Spurs forum, our first date was to a Spurs game ... and we now have season tickets together....and some of our finest moments have occurred while watching away games on TV. :angel

It'd seem kind of like the natural flow of things... :drunk

Are you talking about meeeeee? We met on a Spurs forum and our first date was a Spurs game.

I would do that for you, but you dumped me!

SpursWoman
02-15-2006, 04:34 PM
I would do that for you, but you dumped me!

:depressed :makeout

He would never do it anyway ... if he ever does get around to it, it will more than likely involve some kind of explosion. :drunk

Shelly
02-15-2006, 04:39 PM
:depressed :makeout

He would never do it anyway ... if he ever does get around to it, it will more than likely involve some kind of explosion. :drunk

:lol

That's right! Damn ARSON ban!

SpursWoman
02-15-2006, 04:46 PM
Speaking of which ... we've seriously been contemplating setting some of the bigger New Year's ones off in my backyard (which is on Harry Wurzbach) just to see what would happen. I think we're too close to the airport, though ... we might be easier to bust. They're just stacked up in my living/storage room now... :depressed

:nerd :lol

Shelly
02-15-2006, 04:56 PM
:lol

Just think of it as extra seating.

sanman53
02-15-2006, 05:32 PM

All that would matter to me in the end would be the Spurs victory! A loss in addition to being dumped would be a total bummer. But the Spurs win would make up for the dump.

SequSpur
02-15-2006, 05:50 PM
wedding proposals are for queers.