PDA

View Full Version : Guide for The Hormone Hostage

SpursWoman
02-15-2006, 01:14 PM
The Hormone Hostage knows that there are days in the month when all a man has to do is open his mouth and he takes his very life into his
own hands! This is a handy guide that should be as common as a driver's
license in the wallet of every husband, boyfriend, or significant
other:

DANGEROUS: What's for dinner?
SAFER: Can I help you with dinner?
SAFEST: Where would you like to go for dinner?
ULTRASAFE: Here, have some chocolate

DANGEROUS: Are you wearing that?
SAFER: Gee, you look good in brown.
SAFEST: WOW! Look at you!
ULTRASAFE: Here, have some chocolate.

DANGEROUS: What are you so worked up about?
SAFER: What did I do wrong?
SAFEST: Here's fifty dollars.

DANGEROUS: Should you be eating that?
SAFER: You know, there are a lot of apples left.
SAFEST: Can I get you a glass of wine with that?

DANGEROUS: What did you do all day?
SAFER: I hope you didn't overdo it today.
SAFEST: I've always loved you in that robe!
ULTRASAFE: Here, have some more chocolate.

13 Things PMS Stands For:

1. Pass My Shotgun
2. Psychotic Mood Shift
3. Perpetual Munching Spree
4. Puffy Mid-Section
5. People Make me Sick
6. Provide Me with Sweets
7. Pardon My Sobbing
8. Pimples May Surface
9. Pass My Sweatpants (ie - fat pants :nerd )
10. Pissy Mood Syndrome
11. Plainly; Men Suck
12. Pack My Stuff...... ..And my favorite one...
13. Potential Murder Suspect

:lol

Slomo
02-15-2006, 01:18 PM
:lol @ ULTRASAFE option.

Peter
02-15-2006, 01:21 PM
13 Things PMS Stands For:

1. Pass My Shotgun
2. Psychotic Mood Shift
4. Puffy Mid-Section
5. People Make me Sick
7. Pardon My Sobbing
8. Pimples May Surface
9. Pass My Sweatpants (ie - fat pants :nerd )
10. Pissy Mood Syndrome
11. Plainly; Men Suck
12. Pack My Stuff...... ..And my favorite one...
13. Potential Murder Suspect

1a. Praise My Shit

1Parker1
02-15-2006, 01:22 PM
4. Puffy Mid-Section
5. People Make me Sick

Very true!!!! I always end up craving Brownies....and then wondering why I feel so puffy :lol

SpursWoman
02-15-2006, 01:23 PM
1a. Praise My Shit

:lol :lol

Peter
02-15-2006, 01:37 PM
1aa. Pussy: Men Submit

ShoogarBear
02-15-2006, 01:50 PM
Please Makeyourself Scarce

desflood
02-15-2006, 02:22 PM
1. Pass My Shotgun
12. Pack My Stuff

I have hit both of those phases so far just today :lol

ObiwanGinobili
02-15-2006, 03:00 PM
hahah hah HAH!!

period free since July 2003 and counting.

hussker
02-15-2006, 05:04 PM
hahah hah HAH!!

Congratulations

midgetonadonkey
02-15-2006, 05:07 PM

Me too!!

SpursWoman
02-15-2006, 05:11 PM
hahah hah HAH!!

And still got pregnant? I don't think I've heard of that ever happening before... :wtf

Shelly
02-15-2006, 05:33 PM
Ha! I haven't seen the PMS ones before!

Harry Whittington
02-15-2006, 05:45 PM
point
my
shotgun!!

2Blonde
02-15-2006, 06:34 PM
hahah hah HAH!!

For me it's been since October 1999 !!! :hat
But that's because I had to have a hysterectomy. Still, it was the best thing I ever did. All the sex & none of the consequences. :spin

Oh, and ya'll forgot one....Put up with My Shit

HB22inSA
02-15-2006, 06:44 PM
But that's because I had to have a hysterectomy.
Yeah, my fiancee had a full one, and she's never felt better!! In fact, her "drive" actually increased, which is apparently not very normal, but great for me.

Anyway, I thought PMS was clinically proven to be a figment of a woman's hyperactive imagination, an excuse for being nasty, mean, hard to deal with, etc. on purpose and get away with it.

Only women who want to get PMS actually have it.

It's science.

hussker
02-15-2006, 07:43 PM
Anyway, I thought PMS was clinically proven to be a figment of a woman's hyperactive imagination, an excuse for being nasty, mean, hard to deal with, etc. on purpose and get away with it.

It's science.

Not true...It is real.

Mr. Blonde
02-15-2006, 07:45 PM
bleeding women are easy. don't listen to them, don't say anything, and throw a pint of haagendaas at them every so often.

spurs=bling
02-15-2006, 07:46 PM
hahah hah HAH!!

Obi you are so lucky i can't go through the computer........

10. Pissy Mood Syndrome :angel

SpursWoman
02-15-2006, 07:47 PM

It's science.

Huh? Tell that to my fat jeans that aren't so fat for the exact same 3 days of every month. And a normal if not scarce appetite that somehow manages to become voracious for the 2 days after the exact 3 days of every month... No way that's just a coincidence ... :oops :depressed

Please find a link if you can ... I've never heard that before in my life from a source other than a man who blames his inability to pick up after himself on my hormones. Hormonal changes (sometimes severe) during a cycle a very well documented.

:fro

SpursWoman
02-15-2006, 07:49 PM
bleeding women are easy. don't listen to them, don't say anything, and throw a pint of haagendaas at them every so often.

Awesome. :tu :lol

hussker
02-15-2006, 07:49 PM
Huh? Tell that to my fat jeans that aren't so fat for the exact same 3 days of every month. And a normal if not scarce appetite that somehow manages to become voracious for the 2 days after the exact 3 days of every month... No way that's just a coincidence ... :oops :depressed

Please find a link if you can ... I've never heard that before in my life from a source other than a man who blames his inability to pick up after himself on my hormones. Hormonal changes (sometimes severe) during a cycle a very well documented.

:fro

YOU PREACH IT MAMA!

HB22inSA
02-15-2006, 07:51 PM

SW, please, of course there is no link, I was being mildly sarcastic. :) As far as picking up for myself, I'm probably the cleanest man any of you will ever meet.

In all seriousness, the guys usually make "PMS" worse for their women because they don't really support or keep things civil. They pretty much figure, well, since she is going to be nasty, so will I, and that makes it tougher on the woman.

spurs=bling
02-15-2006, 07:57 PM
YOU PREACH IT MAMA!

you are starting to scare me Hussker

hussker
02-15-2006, 07:58 PM
you are starting to scare me Hussker

Hey, I have treated it a lot...well, not in the prison.

hussker
02-15-2006, 08:00 PM
SW, please, of course there is no link, I was being mildly sarcastic. :) As far as picking up for myself, I'm probably the cleanest man any of you will ever meet.

In all seriousness, the guys usually make "PMS" worse for their women because they don't really support or keep things civil. They pretty much figure, well, since she is going to be nasty, so will I, and that makes it tougher on the woman.

GOT YOUR @$$ BACKED INTO A CORNER HUH HB? HAHAHAHA

spurs=bling
02-15-2006, 08:03 PM
Hey, I have treated it a lot...well, not in the prison.

okay, but one it sucks to be in my family ( all of the family together) there is alot of women.

prison???

hussker
02-15-2006, 08:04 PM
okay, but one it sucks to be in my family ( all of the family together) there is alot of women.

prison???

I practice in a Prison for the State of Texas

spurs=bling
02-15-2006, 08:06 PM
I practice in a Prison for the State of Texas
ah, TDCJ

hussker
02-15-2006, 08:07 PM
ah, TDCJ

YOU GOT IT!

2Blonde
02-15-2006, 08:32 PM
Yeah, my fiancee had a full one, and she's never felt better!! In fact, her "drive" actually increased, which is apparently not very normal, but great for me.

I had the full one too. And as soon as we found the right combo of hormones, BINGO !!! :smokin Sex drive increased like crazy. It was great before the hysto...awesome after !!!

Hey OBI,
I could have sworn I remembered you saying that you started your period right before you went to pick up your husband from the airport when he came home from Japan after 3 weeks apart. Am I hallucinating?

hussker
02-15-2006, 08:37 PM
I had the full one too. And as soon as we found the right combo of hormones, BINGO !!! :smokin Sex drive increased like crazy. It was great before the hysto...awesome after !!!

YEP...all about hormones and the lack of Negative Feedback to turn them off...literally makes women water fountains! :)

Jekka
02-15-2006, 09:03 PM
Speaking of which, I'm dying over here - all of my usual cramp remedies are failing, including prescription ibuprofen.

But at least I've got cappuccino brownies in the oven :)

2Blonde
02-15-2006, 09:21 PM
Speaking of which, I'm dying over here - all of my usual cramp remedies are failing, including prescription ibuprofen.

But at least I've got cappuccino brownies in the oven :)
Those ought to do the trick. I always drank straight up leaded Coca-Cola. I'm generally a Diet Pepsi person but when I have a migraine or when I used to have cramps I had to switch to regular old Coca-Cola. Snickers bars always worked well too. :lol

Jekka
02-15-2006, 10:05 PM
Those ought to do the trick. I always drank straight up leaded Coca-Cola. I'm generally a Diet Pepsi person but when I have a migraine or when I used to have cramps I had to switch to regular old Coca-Cola. Snickers bars always worked well too. :lol

Man, these brownies are like a miracle of modern science - so much chocolate, and yet fat free ... I think the No Pudge Brownie Company was made for crampy women.

And you have to love a brownie box with a pig on the front :)

Sapphire
02-15-2006, 10:13 PM
Man, these brownies are like a miracle of modern science - so much chocolate, and yet fat free ... I think the No Pudge Brownie Company was made for crampy women.

And you have to love a brownie box with a pig on the front :)

Where did you get those? I've never heard of them, but they sound great!

Jekka
02-15-2006, 11:12 PM
Where did you get those? I've never heard of them, but they sound great!

I've gotten them at Central Market the last few years, but I've seen them at all HEBs the last year. They're super-easy, too - just mix the stuff in the box with 2/3 cup of fat free yogurt. I haven't tried the mint, but the regular, cappuccino, and raspberry mixes are all good. They also have a recipe on the side of the box so you can make individual servings in the microwave (talk about handy when stuck in a dorm room :lol)

ObiwanGinobili
02-15-2006, 11:26 PM

Hey OBI,
I could have sworn I remembered you saying that you started your period right before you went to pick up your husband from the airport when he came home from Japan after 3 weeks apart. Am I hallucinating?

I was wrong.
it lasted like 6 hours.
then it was gone so I'm not counting it.

ObiwanGinobili
02-15-2006, 11:27 PM
And still got pregnant? I don't think I've heard of that ever happening before... :wtf

If I hadn;t gotton knocked up Feb 3rd or 4th or 5th ( not sure on date) I would've gotton a period 2 weeks later.
But I hit the "jackpot" 1st thing out the gate.

HB22inSA
02-15-2006, 11:34 PM
I had the full one too. And as soon as we found the right combo of hormones, BINGO !!! Sex drive increased like crazy. It was great before the hysto...awesome after !!!
Yeah, I couldn't believe it. I thought I was going to be entering the "dry" zone, and no sex for 6 months, and sex only twice a year.

But we actually went at it before the doctor cleared her, and since then, it's been water works city.

Almost like I got a new woman.

:smokin

Kori Ellis
02-16-2006, 03:13 AM
I've never had PMS.

I'm a bitch whenever I want to be. I don't let the calendar dictate it.

adrienne
02-16-2006, 06:29 AM
I don't necessarily get in a bad mood...but I seriously can not control my appetite. What is it about brownies? I have to admit there have been months that I made a pan...and didn't let anyone else touch it...yet they were still gone in a day or two. :angel

Is it normal for women to be horny during their periods too? Because that tends to happen sometimes...

SpursWoman
02-16-2006, 09:08 AM
Is it normal for women to be horny during their periods too? Because that tends to happen sometimes...

:tu

ShoogarBear
02-16-2006, 09:20 AM
:tu

Now can we get an answer from someone responding to this part of the question:

during their periods too?

Shelly
02-16-2006, 09:23 AM
I used to get terrible PMS. My husband must really love me to put up with me all these years. However, with the miracle of modern medicine in creating pills that are the same doasage all 3 weeks, it's pretty much non-existent now.

BUT...I do notice on my off week that I tend to get weepy. I need to remind myself not to watch Lifetime movies during that time.

Ginofan
02-16-2006, 09:28 AM
I've never had PMS.

I'm a bitch whenever I want to be. I don't let the calendar dictate it.

Jekka
02-16-2006, 09:43 AM

Definitely - that's what shower sex is for :eyebrows

easjer
02-16-2006, 01:23 PM
I practice FAM (the Fertility Awareness Method of birth control -like Natural Family Planning, but allows barrier methods during fertile times), and it wasn't until I started charting a couple of years ago that I really was able to link things up. I never thought I suffered from PMS, but I really do. Every cycle, I have a really irritable day where the smallest things just outrage me (usually two days before my period). I get completely furious, angry and then turn into a weepy mess. I also have off and on depression starting half-way through my luteal phase (post ovulation phase), culminating in a weepy, clingy day where I need constant reassurance from my husband that he still loves me and thinks I'm sexy, and then the day before my period is usually pretty calm. I get the strongest cravings (for sugar and salt) when my period starts.

Every woman from my mom's side of the family has had a hysterectomy after getting 'stuck' in menopause. They start menopause, but never seem to break out of it, and they end up with really reall heavy periods that hormones can't control and eventually the docs advise a hysterectomy. So much to look forward to . . . sigh. That's when my mom went nuts, after her hysterectomy.

2Blonde
02-16-2006, 01:24 PM
Most definitely :smokin