PDA

View Full Version : This should be interesting...

Yonivore
02-15-2006, 01:36 PM
Secret Saddam WMD Tapes Subject of ABC Nightline Special (http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?Page=\\Nation\\archive\\200602\\NAT 20060215c.html)

I'll bet Syria is starting to sweat just a little.

What will all the Bush lied crowd do if there is irrefutable evidence that Saddam Hussein had WMD's, planned to use them, and then hid them in the days leading up to Operation Iraqi Freedom. I can't wait to hear the apologies...yeah...right.

Peter
02-15-2006, 01:38 PM
What's the date(s) on the tapes?

Yonivore
02-15-2006, 01:44 PM
What's the date(s) on the tapes?
I'm not sure. The teasers indicate they were made in the months leading up to the invasion.

George W Bush
02-15-2006, 01:59 PM
dubya is the worst president in the history of the united states, though

Elcamino,

I would like to thank you for your nice comments.
I really appreciate .......

Hey, wait a minute!...

Yonivore
02-15-2006, 02:00 PM
If those tapes really have been authenticated and they say what the reports indicate, this should be big breaking news, not a Nightline special. I mean breaking news like when they interrupt the soap operas to report it.

This story will once and for all demonstrate the bias (or lack of it) in the MSM. I am betting it will not demonstrate a lack of bias.

Peter
02-15-2006, 02:05 PM
Well, if Saddam is quoted as saying "Hey, if we had some nukes it would be cool to hit the US with them" that doesn't really change things.

Yonivore
02-15-2006, 02:08 PM
Well, if Saddam is quoted as saying "Hey, if we had some nukes it would be cool to hit the US with them" that doesn't really change things.
I agree but, I think there are a couple of elements to the 20 hours of tapes.

1) A claim to possess WMD's.
2) A stated intention to use them on the U.S.
3) Discussions revealing he hid them prior to the invasion.

We won't know until we hear the translated tapes but, from what I'm reading, those three elements are exposed in the tapes.

Peter
02-15-2006, 02:10 PM
Sure, if he's quoted as saying "Hey Amir, lets dust off those nukes in Basra" then that would be significant.

SA210
02-15-2006, 02:13 PM
Of course W planning to invade Iraq since he 1st got into office, no matter what, is insignificant. :lol

Yonivore
02-15-2006, 02:14 PM
Sure, if he's quoted as saying "Hey Amir, lets dust off those nukes in Basra" then that would be significant.
Well, I don't think it's going to be nukes but, I believe there will be discussions revealed where he actually discusses how to get a WMD into Washington D.C. and detonate it.

And, what if it corroborates the statements of that former General who claims they moved all the WMD's to Syria in converted commercial 747's? Would that do it?

Peter
02-15-2006, 02:15 PM
Of course W planning to invade Iraq since he 1st got into office, no matter what, is insignificant. :lol

Having plans itself is not, at least that was what we were told in regards to Hussein's plans to develop WMDs.

Yonivore
02-15-2006, 02:18 PM
Having plans itself is not, at least that was what we were told in regards to Hussein's plans to develop WMDs.
I believe Clinton had plans to invade Iraq as well. And North Korea and Iran and Russia, etc...

Planning for conflict is one of the things an administration does.

SA210
02-15-2006, 02:19 PM
i have a feeling this will turn out to be a :sleep
yep

Mr. Peabody
02-15-2006, 02:21 PM
If those tapes really have been authenticated and they say what the reports indicate, this should be big breaking news, not a Nightline special. I mean breaking news like when they interrupt the soap operas to report it.

Exactly.

Yonivore
02-15-2006, 02:23 PM
Exactly.
I get your point.

George W Bush
02-15-2006, 02:26 PM
Hey fellas, does it matter if I planted 'em there?

xrayzebra
02-15-2006, 03:37 PM
IF Saddam HAD wmds

i would actually be Happy!

because that means my country looks a little less worse in the eyes of the world

dubya is the worst president in the history of the united states, though

He had WMD, he used them on more than one occasion. The question is
what did he do with them. I am a little tired of people caring about how
the world considers us. I worry about our folks and our country. The rest
of the world be damned. Us first. Then we worry about how they feel.

ChumpDumper
02-15-2006, 06:41 PM
Well General Electric News had a couple of quotes that basically said Saddam was predicting WMD attacks on the US, but there was a direct quote saying it wouldn't come from Iraq. Apparently GE was told they gave no evidence that Saddam had WMD at the time.

gtownspur
02-16-2006, 12:54 AM
Ok,

he put the nail in the coffin on that one...(sarcasm)

RandomGuy
02-17-2006, 08:43 PM
He had WMD, he used them on more than one occasion. The question is
what did he do with them. I am a little tired of people caring about how
the world considers us. I worry about our folks and our country. The rest

Yeah, until they stop buying our stuff. I am always astounded at the sheer ignorance that this opinion represents.

I have coffee often with a guy who thinks this very thing, and am amazed that anyone can really be so isolated in their own little bubble that they can't realize the tangible results from pissing off the rest of the world can affect them more than they realize.

I'm not saying we let the world run our country, but sheez, there are some things we COULD do to get along better. I really wish our government wasn't run by people whose arrogance exceeds their knowledge.

xrayzebra
02-18-2006, 10:44 AM
Yeah, until they stop buying our stuff. I am always astounded at the sheer ignorance that this opinion represents.

I have coffee often with a guy who thinks this very thing, and am amazed that anyone can really be so isolated in their own little bubble that they can't realize the tangible results from pissing off the rest of the world can affect them more than they realize.

I'm not saying we let the world run our country, but sheez, there are some things we COULD do to get along better. I really wish our government wasn't run by people whose arrogance exceeds their knowledge.

Okay, you admit he had them, now tell me what he did with them?
But I am ignorant, how you figure that I don't know. But no one can tell
us what happened to the WMD, just he didn't have them, which is a
flat out lie. He did and what happen to them, that is the question that
needs to be answered. Do you have that answer.

About getting along better, maybe it is the "others" that are wrong and
they should try to get along with 'us' a little better. Huh?
The United States also has interest, whether it be oil, our security or
whatever. We still have 'our' interest to protect. Let them see our
point of view.

ChumpDumper
02-18-2006, 03:46 PM
The last time we really KNEW he had any WMD was what, 1997? Anything after that has been guessing for the most part. Rummy claimed with great certainty the location of the WMDs during the invasion. Either he was wrong or the battle plan didn't really make securing those sites a priority.

Nbadan
02-18-2006, 03:48 PM
Well General Electric News had a couple of quotes that basically said Saddam was predicting WMD attacks on the US, but there was a direct quote saying it wouldn't come from Iraq. Apparently GE was told they gave no evidence that Saddam had WMD at the time.

General Electric News.

:lol

The largest arms dealer in the world.

ChumpDumper
02-18-2006, 03:56 PM
Sometimes folks don't know about that or the Moonie Times.

Pero
02-18-2006, 05:59 PM
The rest

I thought the US were pretty much already doing it that way...

About getting along better, maybe it is the "others" that are wrong and
they should try to get along with 'us' a little better. Huh?
The United States also has interest, whether it be oil, our security or
whatever. We still have 'our' interest to protect. Let them see our
point of view.

Maybe this kind of view is the reason a lot of people dislike the US....
Don`t think that the US (or any other goverment probably) doesn`t worry about itself first. Imposing the "US point of view" on others is what makes the US so disliked in the world...