PDA

View Full Version : DLC Versus DNC

Nbadan
02-15-2006, 01:48 PM
This from Howard Dean, head of the DNC...

Democratic party chair Howard Dean says he's not happy that Iraqi war veteran Paul Hackett is dropping out of the race for U-S Senate in Ohio.

Dean told a student audience in Miami that "some skulduggery in Washington" improperly led to Hackett's decision to end his bid. And he said Democrats will have a tough time winning if similar things happen to others.

Hackett was vying with Ohio congressman Sherrod Brown for the Democratic nomination. He said that Hackett was a "great candidate," and that a primary in Ohio wouldn't have hurt the party. Hackett says he's ending his eleven-month political career.

KLFY.TV (http://www.klfy.com/Global/story.asp?S=4503849)

Hackett was forced out after DLC leaders (corporate-backed Dems every bit as dirty as Abramoff Republicans) threatened his financeers, the few he had, and now comes this disturbing report...

I was at a private house party on August 2nd in Georgia with Senators Reid, Schumer and Pryor.

And the grand DLC plan is simple for 2006 - no DEM primaries. They plan to choose the DLC candidate and force all others out of the race. Just like they did in PA with Casey.

The exact Schumer (DSCC Chair) quote is:

"We are no longer letting Democrats get in a circle and shoot each other. We are going to intervene if any one Democrat attacks another. We are doing that in states where there are primaries. ......this always happens in the primaries, people throw up the cards and see where they land. No more. We're finding the best candidates in every one of the seats where republicans are vunerable. "

So, bye bye primaries, folks. The good DLC will be choosing our candidates from here on out.

News From The Underground (http://markcrispinmiller.blogspot.com/2005_08_07_markcrispinmiller_archive.html)

There a trend here folks, when-ever money starts flowing toward the Democratic Party, mostly by corporations sensing a change in the national 'political tide', the DLC is there to do the legislative evil bidding that the Abramoff Republicans have been doing for the last 5 years. This is why people so often complain when they say that one party is not that different from the other.

Seems to me that Senators Reid, Schumer and Pryor certainly have some explaining to do.

Peter
02-15-2006, 01:49 PM
You're a bit late on that. It's been going on for decades.

Nbadan
02-15-2006, 01:59 PM
You're a bit late on that. It's been going on for decades.

Yep, and they've forced fed us consistently losing candidates like Gore and Kerry. Is Hillary next? The big money is already betting she isn't.

Ocotillo
02-15-2006, 03:05 PM
why vote for DLC types when you can have the real thing?

xrayzebra
02-15-2006, 03:19 PM
Oh my, Dan has seen the light. Reid and other dimm-o-craps are politicians.

What's new pussy cat.....yeow.....yeow.....yeow

SA210
02-15-2006, 04:19 PM
What's new pussy cat.....yeow.....yeow.....yeow
The old man has really lost it.

Ocotillo
02-15-2006, 04:58 PM

Actually, he has a point and has a right to crow when our side pulls a boner like this.

Hackett is a true grassroots progressive and an exciting candidate. His opponent, Sherrod Brown, from what little I know of him is fine on the issues (if you liberal to moderate) but is an establishment type guy. What hacks me is that he held back until DeWine (the Republican incumbent) began to tank in the polls, then he decides to get in the race. That's all fine and good but Hackett was willing to throw his hat into the ring when the DeWine looked like a tougher fight.

From my humble perspective, this "safe" strategy of running the "electable" candidate is what got us John Kerry last year. Kerry is actually a fine guy but a lackluster (in need of a charisma transplant) candidate.

Hackett is actually more conservative then Brown but he is a straight shooter. He is the real deal unlike McCain, who cultivates his maverick image on the talk shows but answers to his corporate masters behind closed doors.

smeagol
02-15-2006, 05:29 PM
dimm-o-craps

How old are you again?

gtownspur
02-16-2006, 12:58 AM
as old as your avatar.

xrayzebra
02-16-2006, 08:44 AM

At least I had it long enough to lose it. What's your excuse? You never
had it to begin with.

SA210
02-16-2006, 09:53 AM
STHU old man, seems like you never had it.

xrayzebra
02-16-2006, 09:56 AM
^^^^ :lol :lol :lol

gtownspur
02-16-2006, 11:30 AM
why vote for DLC types when you can have the real thing?

here comes the new boss,...same as the old boss....

Nbadan
02-17-2006, 12:44 AM
Anyone catch this article on Paul Hackett??

February 16, 2006

Democratic Senate candidate and Marine Corps Major Paul Hackett is accustomed to waging quixotic battles and taking his hits. He just didn’t expect the lowest—and fatal—blows to come from his own party.

In an announcement that stunned many in Washington and even some in his campaign staff, Hackett declared on February 13, 2006, that he was dropping his bid for U.S. Senate in Ohio, ending his 11 month political career. “I made this decision reluctantly, only after repeated requests by party leaders, as well as behind the scenes machinations, that were intended to hurt my campaign,” he said, only hinting at what had gone down behind the scenes. The day after his withdrawal from the race, he told me about the backroom battles that forced him out.

snip...

Swift boats soon appeared on the horizon. A whisper campaign started: Hackett committed war crimes in Iraq—and there were photos. “The first rumor that I heard was probably a month and a half ago,” Dave Lane, chair of the Clermont County Democratic Party, told me the day after Hackett pulled out of the race. “I heard it more than once that someone was distributing photos of Paul in Iraq with Iraqi war casualties with captions or suggestions that Paul had committed some sort of atrocities. Who did it? I have no idea. It sounds like a Republican M.O. to me, but I have no proof of that. But if it was someone on my side of the fence, I have a real problem with that. I have a hard time believing that a Democrat would do that to another Democrat.”

In late November, Hackett got a call from Sen. Harry Reid. “I hear there’s a photo of you mistreating bodies in Iraq. Is it true?” demanded the Senate minority leader. “No sir,” replied Hackett. To drive home his point, Hackett traveled to Washington to show Reid’s staff the photo in question. Hackett declined to send me the photo, but he insists that it shows another Marine—not Hackett—unloading a sealed body bag from a truck. “There was nothing disrespectful or unprofessional,” he insists. “That was a photo of a Marine doing his job. If you don’t like what they’re doing, don’t send Marines into war.”

A staffer in Reid’s office confirmed that Hackett had showed them several photos. “The ones I saw were part of a diary he kept while serving in Iraq and were in no way compromising. The one picture in question depicted marines doing their work on what looked like a scorching day in Iraq,” said the aide.

more:Mother Jones (http://www.motherjones.com/news/update/2006/02/hackett_drops_out.html)

Who swiftboated Paul Hackett? Harry Reid? Karl Rove? your mama?

Nbadan
02-17-2006, 01:08 AM
Rumors of backstabbing and bitter political tactics aside, two facts may be the actual reason Hackett bailed...

POLLING

Among likely Democratic voters:

Brown: 46
Hacket: 24

With the filing deadline for the May Democratic primary rapidly approaching, Hackett was confronted with new numbers from his own pollster, which showed Brown was ahead among likely voters by an almost 2-1 margin -- 46 percent for the congressman to 24 percent for Hackett.

Source: Yahoo News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/thenation/20060215/cm_thenation...)

CASH ON HAND

December 31 filing deadline:

Brown: $2.37 million
Hackett: $229,783

According to Brown's office, he raised $496,882 during the final quarter of 2005 and had $2.37 million on hand, largely from a prior campaign war chest for his House seat.

Hackett of Indian Hill, an attorney and Iraqi war veteran who last year lost a bid for Ohio's 2nd Congressional District seat, raised $465,779 and had $229,783 in the bank, according to campaign spokesman Karl Frisch.

Dayton Daily News (http://www.daytondailynews.com/localnews/content/localnews/daily/0131finance.html)