PDA

View Full Version : hello to all

stretchman21
02-15-2006, 04:09 PM
im new here. i am a dallas mavericks fan, and i hate the spurs with a passion. probably because they have kicked our ass for the past few years. however, im simply here to talk ball, not a bunch of trash. anyways, im looking forward to posting here... and just wanted to let you all know... this is the end of the Spurs... jk. GO MAVS!

Joepa
02-15-2006, 04:15 PM
Welcome to the boards, dude. Most of us feel about Dallas like Texas feels about the Aggies. We view them as a pissed off, annoying little fly that hates us with a passion but just can't touch us.

stretchman21
02-15-2006, 04:18 PM
hahaha. well, i think the spurs should be worried this year. they are definitley the favorites to win it all until someone knocks them off. im not a fan who is gunna say that the Mavs are the best in the NBA or anything like that. the Spurs are playing great basketball, but i do think that the Mavs have a chance this year to de-throne them since they likely will meet in the second round. i only think they have a good chance if they are able to get HCA though...

Budkin
02-15-2006, 04:19 PM
Welcome, you've come to a good place to talk hoops. A lot of people here really know their stuff. IMO, This forum is pretty much the envy of most other NBA communities.

stretchman21
02-15-2006, 04:21 PM
yea. the mavs board ive been posting on has been pretty crappy as of late. so i thought id drop by over here. i hate the spurs, but i always love talking ball with spurs fans. most of them dont have their head up their asses like kings fans and lakers fans, and know their ball.

Joepa
02-15-2006, 04:28 PM
The mavs have a better chance of competing for a title this year than any other in their history. A Spurs product, AJ, has really turned their defense around. Their defense paired with that offense makes them dangerous.

stretchman21
02-15-2006, 04:32 PM
agreed. I LOVE Avery. the man really knows his stuff. i think his style is kind of like a mix between Popovich and Nellie. he knows that all teams MUST start with defense, and then its important to utilize that defense into a high power offense, and get lots of fastbreak points and easy buckets. I really love his style. Personally, I think the mavs have the most talented team in the NBA, and the most potential, but until they can beat the spurs, no one can consider them the favorite. then again, no one does... lol.

Joepa
02-15-2006, 04:35 PM
The Spurs aren't the favorite either (mostly). All I hear is "OMG THE PISTONS ARE HAVING A DREAM SEASON THEY ARE AMAZING" yet somehow the Mavs and Spurs are only 2 losses behind their "dream season." I daresay that if the Spurs were able to have no injuries and start the same starting 5 for 50 games like the Pistons, we'd have a few less losses too.

stretchman21
02-15-2006, 04:39 PM
i say that the spurs are the favorite. the pistons however, IMO, match up well with the spurs, and if they met, i think the pistons would win. i have seen someone else post the same thing, but it seems like these three teams are like this...

Pistons > Spurs
Spurs > Mavericks
Mavericks > Pistons

however, i bet that if the Mavs or Spurs were in the east, they would AT LEAST be doing just as good as the Pistons, if not better. i bet that the spurs and mavs could win 68, maybe 69 if in the east.

nkdlunch
02-15-2006, 04:39 PM
yea. the mavs board ive been posting on has been pretty crappy as of late. so i thought id drop by over here. i hate the spurs, but i always love talking ball with spurs fans. most of them dont have their head up their asses like kings fans and lakers fans, and know their ball.

so you hate the Spurs solely because we kick the mavs ass all the time??

Joepa
02-15-2006, 04:41 PM
People said Pistons>Spurs last year too. Once the Pistons keep losing like they are now (6-4 their last 10) we'll secure home court and own them again in the finals.

DDS4
02-15-2006, 04:42 PM
You can't hate the Spurs with a passion. Look at your head coach. If you can't beat them, hire them.

stretchman21
02-15-2006, 04:42 PM
lol... thats probably a large part of it. i personally dont like some of the players either. i love tim duncan, but i personally think Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili are very good players, but are being overrated. Bruce Bowen is dirty as hell too. my brother said he saw in some article that a player actually said he sputters his lips when defending some times, and spits while doing so. i dont know how true it is, but i dunno.

to be honest, ive never really like the spurs as long as i have been a basketball fan. but being a mavs fan has added fuel to the fire. hehe.

stretchman21
02-15-2006, 04:44 PM
People said Pistons>Spurs last year too. Once the Pistons keep losing like they are now (6-4 their last 10) we'll secure home court and own them again in the finals.

i wouldnt say OWN them again. they won in the final 4 minutes of game 7, so i can consider that OWNING. however, the pistons have improved more than the spurs have, so that is why i would take the pistons. they match up really well.

stretchman21
02-15-2006, 04:44 PM
You can't hate the Spurs with a passion. Look at your head coach. If you can't beat them, hire them.

well, avery was a maverick at one time too... so hes an exception. lol

nkdlunch
02-15-2006, 04:46 PM
the mavs are overrated and are gonna get beat by the Wizards tonight.

stretchman21
02-15-2006, 04:46 PM

thats great.

Joepa
02-15-2006, 04:55 PM
i wouldnt say OWN them again. they won in the final 4 minutes of game 7, so i can consider that OWNING. however, the pistons have improved more than the spurs have, so that is why i would take the pistons. they match up really well.

Your claim that they've improved more than us is ridiculous and can't be backed up by anything other than the Piston's lack of injuries. We added NVE and Finley to a roster that beat them last year. They added nothing. They still have no bench, and as soon as tje injuries continue they will continue to lose games, as we're seeing right now. Then, when the Spurs have a 5 game lead on HCA and the "dream season" is over, no one will say that the Pistons "improved more than the Spurs."

stretchman21
02-15-2006, 05:01 PM
Your claim that they've improved more than us is ridiculous and can't be backed up by anything other than the Piston's lack of injuries. We added NVE and Finley to a roster that beat them last year. They added nothing. They still have no bench, and as soon as tje injuries continue they will continue to lose games, as we're seeing right now. Then, when the Spurs have a 5 game lead on HCA and the "dream season" is over, no one will say that the Pistons "improved more than the Spurs."

NVE and Finley are two of the most inconsistent players in the NBA. finley also always chokes in the playoffs. trust me on that one. you also have a much older, and more beat up team than the Pistons. that is a big reason why i think the Pistons are more improved than the spurs. they are a young team, and their style of play has changed for the better. they are playing the style of game that all teams should strive for... a great defense that in turn, feeds into great offense. last year, they were all defense, but a clock control offense, which led to to many bad shots. also, Arroyo, Evans, and McDyess may not be great players, but are very good team players, and do a very good job for this pistons bench. and while depth is important, when its the playoffs, you see the starters quite a bit more than you would in the regular season. and overall, the pistons starters have seemed to own the spurs starters. and if the spurs DO get a 5 game lead for HCA, then perhaps we wont hear anything. but until then, as far as im concerned, while the Spurs are the favorites, i have a lot of confidence that the Pistons can take the Spurs in a playoff series.

Sportcamper
02-15-2006, 05:06 PM
Welcome to the board...The Dallas Mavericks Championship Trophy Case is Really Nice!
http://www.emmitt22.com/gifs/empty-case.jpg

stretchman21
02-15-2006, 05:07 PM
Welcome to the board...The Dallas Mavericks Championship Trophy Case is Really Nice!

lol

Kori Ellis
02-15-2006, 05:08 PM
The Spurs only lost Devin Brown, Glenn Robinson and Tony Massenburg in the summer --- players that had nothing to do with the Championship run. And they gained Finley and NVE. So nothing lost and something gained.

The Pistons only gained Maurice Evans and it looks like they are dealing Arroyo.

when its the playoffs, you see the starters quite a bit more than you would in the regular season. and overall, the pistons starters have seemed to own the spurs starters.

Are you talking about the Pistons starters owning the Spurs starters this season in the regular season or in last year's playoffs?

Joepa
02-15-2006, 05:11 PM
So your argument:

1. Detroit has great defense that feeds into great offense.
2. The Pistons are young and the Spurs are old.

My response? First, the spurs patented the great defense that feeds into great offense 7 years ago. The Spurs' defense is statistically better than the Pistons:

Spurs FG% allowed - 42.7 (2nd in NBA)
Pistons FG% allowed - 44.6% (14th in NBA)
Spurs PPG Allowed - 88.1
Pistons PPG Allowed - 89.7

The Pistons' average age is 27 years old, But Jason Maxiel and Darko Milicic are 22 and 20, respectively. They never play, so the Pistons' average age is closer to 28, which is not that far from the Spurs' 29.9.

The Pistons aren't the the best team in the league in any category except fewest injuries and fewest losses.

stretchman21
02-15-2006, 05:15 PM
"The Spurs only lost Devin Brown, Glenn Robinson and Tony Massenburg in the summer --- players that had nothing to do with the Championship run. And they gained Finley and NVE. So nothing lost and something gained."

you couldnt be more right. however, Finley is a choker, so beware...

"The Pistons only gained Maurice Evans and it looks like they are dealing Arroyo."

i havent heard anything about arroyo yet, however, sometimes, the best additions are no additions. and so far, it has worked quite well for this team.

"Are you talking about the Pistons starters owning the Spurs starters this season in the regular season or in last year's playoffs?"

well, last year, they started kinda slow, but eventually played quite well. however, this year, the Pistons starters have completely owned the Spurs. however, things could change come playoff time. but looking at how the pistons barely lost last year, and didnt even have HCA, and how they have dominated the spurs this year, and seem like they are on course to have HCA through the playoffs... im gunna go ahead and stick with the pistons. that too, may change however.

bendmz
02-15-2006, 05:15 PM
:lmao :tu :lmao :tu

Kori Ellis
02-15-2006, 05:16 PM
you couldnt be more right. however, Finley is a choker, so beware...

It's okay. We aren't relying on him. Bowen and Ginobili are the Spurs' swingmen that need to come up big. Finley is icing.

well. however, this year, the Pistons starters have completely owned the Spurs.

Manu/Tim were hurt.

Joepa
02-15-2006, 05:18 PM
Manu didn't even play in the first game.

mavsfan1000
02-15-2006, 05:18 PM
Welcome to the board. Good to have another mavs fan on here.

stretchman21
02-15-2006, 05:27 PM
"My response? First, the spurs patented the great defense that feeds into great offense 7 years ago. The Spurs' defense is statistically better than the Pistons"

PATENTED??? ARE YOU SERIOUS??? the 80's Lakers, and 90's Bulls id say were doing it FAR before the spurs ever started such a thing... and were quite a bit more effective at it, I might add. and the spurs run more of a ball control, half court offense than a fast paced offense.

statistically, yes, they are better defensively, but not by much. however, the pistons offense is FAR superior to the spurs offense. another thing, is that the Pistons have a much more physical defense than the spurs do, which is something that the spurs dont handle extremely well. they can still beat a physical defense, but being physical gives you the best chance to beat them, especially since Parker cant take physical defenders well at all.

"The Pistons' average age is 27 years old, But Jason Maxiel and Darko Milicic are 22 and 20, respectively. They never play, so the Pistons' average age is closer to 28, which is not that far from the Spurs' 29.9."

and, and a large chunk of that is all absorbed by Dale Davis and Lindsey Hunter, both of which barely play as well. and a large majority of S.A.'s youth is all in Parker and Udrih. so your age stat isnt very accurate obviously. especially since 5 key players are over 30, and the injury prone duncan will be 30 in april.

"The Pistons aren't the the best team in the league in any category except fewest injuries and fewest losses."

i hate to break your bubble, but those are also the teams that win championships as well.

newbiefan
02-15-2006, 05:29 PM
who has better chance of beating pistons, spurs or mavs?? methinks spurs can do it, methinks mav no can

stretchman21
02-15-2006, 05:29 PM
Manu/Tim were hurt.

injuries are part of the game. you cant use injuries as an excuse. the mavs have had plenty of injuries as well... more than the spurs have had, but they are still tied for the best in the west. however, no one makes excuses for the mavs. on the other hand, all people talk about are the "injuries" that the spurs have had, while it doesnt even compare to mavs injuries.

stretchman21
02-15-2006, 05:30 PM
Welcome to the board. Good to have another mavs fan on here.
thanks bro.

stretchman21
02-15-2006, 05:31 PM
who has better chance of beating pistons, spurs or mavs?? methinks spurs can do it, methinks mav no can
good for you.

mrose31
02-15-2006, 05:36 PM
Hate to tell you this but spurs aren't playing to their potentiall yet. It is scary that they have won this many games because I have only seen them have maybe 10-12 games were everyone was playing cohesive. Other than that they still look like they are trying to figure how to play better with each other. As far as finley goes I think there has been about 6 games that I can remeber that he came through in final minutes to save the game. I know it is not playoffs yet but so far he has helped our record. I do agree with you that mavs are a very good team and do have a chance to win it all. They have been playing better than the spurs and have almost beat every team. The spurs seem to be turning it on about now like they usually do which will be trouble for mavs which are my 2nd favorite team.

Pistonfan1
02-15-2006, 05:36 PM
"My response? First, the spurs patented the great defense that feeds into great offense 7 years ago. The Spurs' defense is statistically better than the Pistons"

PATENTED??? ARE YOU SERIOUS??? the 80's Lakers, and 90's Bulls id say were doing it FAR before the spurs ever started such a thing... and were quite a bit more effective at it, I might add. and the spurs run more of a ball control, half court offense than a fast paced offense.

statistically, yes, they are better defensively, but not by much. however, the pistons offense is FAR superior to the spurs offense. another thing, is that the Pistons have a much more physical defense than the spurs do, which is something that the spurs dont handle extremely well. they can still beat a physical defense, but being physical gives you the best chance to beat them, especially since Parker cant take physical defenders well at all.

"The Pistons' average age is 27 years old, But Jason Maxiel and Darko Milicic are 22 and 20, respectively. They never play, so the Pistons' average age is closer to 28, which is not that far from the Spurs' 29.9."

and, and a large chunk of that is all absorbed by Dale Davis and Lindsey Hunter, both of which barely play as well. and a large majority of S.A.'s youth is all in Parker and Udrih. so your age stat isnt very accurate obviously. especially since 5 key players are over 30, and the injury prone duncan will be 30 in april.

"The Pistons aren't the the best team in the league in any category except fewest injuries and fewest losses."

i hate to break your bubble, but those are also the teams that win championships as well.

The wallace brothers along with Dice are 32 years old man. Billups and Rip are around Manu's age while Prince is like 25. Darko and Maxiwell are young but are bench warmers while Hunter (who has been hurt) and Davis dont play much. Please dont make us Piston fans look stupid with those retarded remarks that the Spurs are old because you can say the same on the Pistons who will have about 5-6 guys over the age of 30 on the 12 man roster once some other guys come back.

Ballcox
02-15-2006, 05:38 PM
I think it will all come down to health and hca at the end of the season. If the Spurs have a fairly healthy roster and hca, I think their chances are extremely good of repeating, around 85-90%. If we don't have hca, our chances decline, and if our lineup isn't healthy then I think our chances at a repeat are very slim. But, this is what makes the NBA interesting to me, watching teams like us, the pistons and the mavs coming down the stretch is fun as hell, stressful, but fun as hell.

stretchman21
02-15-2006, 05:39 PM
The wallace brothers along with Dice are 32 years old man. Billups and Rip are around Manu's age while Prince is like 25. Darko and Maxiwell are young but are bench warmers while Hunter (who has been hurt) and Davis dont play much. Please dont make us Piston fans look stupid with those retarded remarks that the Spurs are old because you can say the same on the Pistons who will have about 5-6 guys over the age of 30 on the 12 man roster once some other guys come back.
however, their age hasnt affected their play, has it? it definitley shows on the spurs. maybe i should have specified that initially.

nkdlunch
02-15-2006, 05:40 PM
however, their age hasnt affected their play, has it? it definitley shows on the spurs. maybe i should have specified that initially.

INJURIES have affected Spurs. Injuries have nothing to do w/age.

stretchman21
02-15-2006, 05:41 PM
Hate to tell you this but spurs aren't playing to their potentiall yet. It is scary that they have won this many games because I have only seen them have maybe 10-12 games were everyone was playing cohesive. Other than that they still look like they are trying to figure how to play better with each other. As far as finley goes I think there has been about 6 games that I can remeber that he came through in final minutes to save the game. I know it is not playoffs yet but so far he has helped our record. I do agree with you that mavs are a very good team and do have a chance to win it all. They have been playing better than the spurs and have almost beat every team. The spurs seem to be turning it on about now like they usually do which will be trouble for mavs which are my 2nd favorite team.
how sure are you that they arent playing to their potential? where is the proof? and to say that they are figuring out how to play together is insane. this general core has been together for quite some time. Bowen, Parker, Ginobili, Duncan.
while finley may help win games in the regular season, he is crap in the playoffs. you should know that if the mavs are your #2 team, bro.
i think the spurs are as good as they will get. that is just my opinion.

stretchman21
02-15-2006, 05:43 PM
INJURIES have affected Spurs. Injuries have nothing to do w/age.
ok, so are you saying that a 30 year old can hurt his ankle, and play at the level of a 20 year old who also has the same exact injury?

T Park
Great.

Another uneducated, Mavs fan.

Just what the world needs.

Parker and Ginobili are overrated?!?!? So, the second best backcourt in the league is overrated. Quite interesting.

Bowen is dirty. :rollin

Another clown.

BTW,

You think Finley mighta stunk in the playoffs, cause your buddy Don Nelson played him 42 minutes a night 75 games outta the year??

Fatigue affects playoff performance you know?

Well, playoffs and Mavericks aren't exactly like butter and popcorn. More like oil and water.

stretchman21
I think it will all come down to health and hca at the end of the season. If the Spurs have a fairly healthy roster and hca, I think their chances are extremely good of repeating, around 85-90%. If we don't have hca, our chances decline, and if our lineup isn't healthy then I think our chances at a repeat are very slim. But, this is what makes the NBA interesting to me, watching teams like us, the pistons and the mavs coming down the stretch is fun as hell, stressful, but fun as hell.

agreed. this is going to be a hell of a good playoff run for all three teams.

nkdlunch
02-15-2006, 05:44 PM
ok, so are you saying that a 30 year old can hurt his ankle, and play at the level of a 20 year old who also has the same exact injury?

u make no sense. a 30 year old can never play like a 20 year old injured or not. This has nothing to do w/the Spurs being affected with injuries.

Pistonfan1
02-15-2006, 05:47 PM
how sure are you that they arent playing to their potential? where is the proof? and to say that they are figuring out how to play together is insane. this general core has been together for quite some time. Bowen, Parker, Ginobili, Duncan.
while finley may help win games in the regular season, he is crap in the playoffs. you should know that if the mavs are your #2 team, bro.
i think the spurs are as good as they will get. that is just my opinion.

How long have you been a fan of the Mavs since 2000 when everyone else started rooting for them since they got new jerseys?? Even if you are a typical fake mavs fan since 2000 if you know the game of ball you know how the Spurs ALWAYS turn it up to a HIGHER LEVEL in the Spring. With all due respect on your opinion, they have done this for like the past 8-9 year and even being a Piston fan I know how insane they get in the later part of the season. Anyways as long as health is good enough for both crews it will be Spurs/Pistons in the 2006 finals with ONLY health preventing that.

T Park
02-15-2006, 05:49 PM
to say that they are figuring out how to play together is insane

yeah putting in 3 new players to a rotation should go together smoothly right??

oy....

Kori Ellis
02-15-2006, 05:49 PM
injuries are part of the game. you cant use injuries as an excuse. the mavs have had plenty of injuries as well... more than the spurs have had, but they are still tied for the best in the west. however, no one makes excuses for the mavs. on the other hand, all people talk about are the "injuries" that the spurs have had, while it doesnt even compare to mavs injuries.

You said that the Pistons starters completely outplayed the Spurs starters. I was just noting that 2 of the Spurs starters were hurt.

stretchman21
02-15-2006, 05:50 PM
Great.

Another uneducated, Mavs fan.

Parker and Ginobili are overrated?!?!? So, the second best backcourt in the league is overrated. Quite interesting.

Bowen is dirty. :rollin

Another clown.

BTW,

You think Finley mighta stunk in the playoffs, cause your buddy Don Nelson played him 42 minutes a night 75 games outta the year??

Fatigue affects playoff performance you know?

Well, playoffs and Mavericks aren't exactly like butter and popcorn. More like oil and water.

Great, another Spurs homer that cant debate for shit.

my opinion is my opinion.

also, kicking people in the face, setting your foot where players land from dunks and layups purposely, spitting in players faces, and throwing elbows in players stomachs for NO reason is clean? i bet if someone just throws an elbow into Tony Parkers gut to slow him down on a fast break, you would want him suspended.

finley stunk in the playoffs period. you are supposed to play 40 minutes a game if you are the one of the teams best players. i agree that fatigue played a role, but he missed so many shots, it was ridiculous.

im not sure where you got anything about me saying the mavs step it up in the playoffs, but your statement has no backing. they are a COMPLETELY different team than in previous years, and last year, they played quite well. if it werent for one miscommunication, we could have had a shot at the WCF.

stretchman21
02-15-2006, 05:51 PM
u make no sense. a 30 year old can never play like a 20 year old injured or not. This has nothing to do w/the Spurs being affected with injuries.
you said age has nothing to do with injuries. well, obviously it does. people that are older get effected a LOT more by injury.

TxJudsonRocketTx
02-15-2006, 05:52 PM
i hate the spurs, but i always love talking ball with spurs fans. most of them dont have their head up their asses like kings fans and lakers fans, and know their ball.

Thats because Californians dont know what theyre talking about 99% of the time.

samikeyp
I liked you dude until you dropped this...

also, kicking people in the face, setting your foot where players land from dunks and layups purposely, spitting in players faces, and throwing elbows in players stomachs for NO reason is clean?

Can you prove any of this happened with intent?

island_dude
Welcome to the boards, dude. Most of us feel about Dallas like Texas feels about the Aggies. We view them as a pissed off, annoying little fly that hates us with a passion but just can't touch us.
I'm another one of those pissed off Mavs fans. LOL! Just thought I'd come and see what type of discussions were going on. I'm very impressed by what I see so far. This is by far one of the best discussion boards I've seen.

Like stretch I'm not here to be a troll, but hopefully have some good discussions and debates in the future.

I was actually a Spurs fan back in the old ABA years. George Gervin, Johnny Moore, Artis Gilmore, and ofcourse Billy Paultz are some old time players I remember. I'm kind of old school because I still remember when the old Dallas Chapparal days. I suppose I continued to be a fan when they moved to San Antonio, and became a Mavs fan when Dallas got a new franchise.

I actually live just south of Houston now, though I'm originally from the Dallas area. Not much of a Rockets fan though.

I realize the Mavs won't get much respect until they prove they can get it done in the playoffs, but I think this team is the best prepared for the playoffs they've ever had. It should get interesting in the upcoming months.

SequSpur
02-15-2006, 05:53 PM
Welcome to my home. Just remember, you are welcome here anytime.

T Park
spitting in players faces, and throwing elbows in players stomachs for NO reason is clean?

Link?

they are a COMPLETELY different team than in previous years

Dirk plays PF against Duncan.

Hows that different. It'll be the same sad ownage as previous years.

Oh pardon me, Diop is there, "Po mans mutombo" right right.

if it werent for one miscommunication, we could have had a shot at the WCF.

And the Suns being a better team, thats all...

i bet if someone just throws an elbow into Tony Parkers gut to slow him down on a fast break, you would want him suspended.

Not at all.

no one is quick enough to keep up with him to throw an elbow into his gut on a fast break :smokin

Great, another Spurs homer

AND ON A SPURS BOARD!!!

Damn, isn't that just downright Ironic?!!??!

stretchman21
How long have you been a fan of the Mavs since 2000 when everyone else started rooting for them since they got new jerseys?? Even if you are a typical fake mavs fan since 2000 if you know the game of ball you know how the Spurs ALWAYS turn it up to a HIGHER LEVEL in the Spring. With all due respect on your opinion, they have done this for like the past 8-9 year and even being a Piston fan I know how insane they get in the later part of the season. Anyways as long as health is good enough for both crews it will be Spurs/Pistons in the 2006 finals with ONLY health preventing that.

how true about the spurs. but maybe they have already turned it up. usually, they play like crap early in the year. but they have played like they usually do in the spring time. and i dont see what is going to make me believe they will get any better. they seem to be playing at a championship caliber to me. if they are going to turn it up a notch, then you might as well say that they will end the season 69-13, considering how awesome they have played so far this year.

samikeyp
02-15-2006, 05:54 PM
I realize the Mavs won't get much respect until they prove they can get it done in the playoffs, but I think this team is the best prepared for the playoffs they've ever had. It should get interesting in the upcoming months.

Well said. Welcome. :tu

stretchman21
02-15-2006, 05:54 PM
Thats because Californians dont know what theyre talking about 99% of the time.
lol

SequSpur
02-15-2006, 05:55 PM
I think Dallas is a legitimate foe this year.

Duncan has been playing shitty since last years finals, so anything is possible.

stretchman21
02-15-2006, 05:57 PM
I liked you dude until you dropped this...

Can you prove any of this happened with intent?

right, so he just "happens" to bust more than one player's ankle after coming from a dunk or layup or something from a jump. he just "happened" to throw an elbow in Michael Finley's stomach when he was about to beat him on a fast break. as for the spitting business, i heard it on the radio, so i dont know how im supposed to link that up.

stretchman21
02-15-2006, 05:59 PM
Welcome to my home. Just remember, you are welcome here anytime.
so this is your board?

SequSpur
02-15-2006, 06:00 PM
so this is your board?

officially??????????

uh no.....

but if you ask anyone, I own all these mofos.

:fro

BigVee
02-15-2006, 06:00 PM
Most of the "getting to know the system" stems from Pop continually screwing with his sub patterns. I can't count the number of times the team has really been rolling this year, the other team calls a time out, and boom, a different Spurs team comes back on the floor...Manu goes out, or TD goes out, or whatever. Once he stops doing that...which should be soon, I think you will see a different team. And he certainly won't do that in the playoffs.

stretchman21
02-15-2006, 06:01 PM
officially??????????

uh no.....

:fro
haha, nice

samikeyp
02-15-2006, 06:01 PM
the Finley episode was in response to what Finley had done to him.

Bowen plays nose to nose defense he is always going to be close.

All I want is proof of intent. You were posting it as if those were facts, when in fact they were opinions.

samikeyp
02-15-2006, 06:02 PM
oh yeah...

and Sequ does own all! :smokin

T Park
02-15-2006, 06:03 PM

Don't believe a word this little shit says.

He thinks Vince Carter is god.

Nuff said.

can't count the number of times the team has really been rolling this year, the other team calls a time out, and boom, a different Spurs team comes back on the floor...Manu goes out, or TD goes out, or whatever. Once he stops doing that...which should be soon, I think you will see a different team. And he certainly won't do that in the playoffs.

Yeah, its called, rest.

DERRRRR

bust more than one player's ankle after coming from a dunk or layup or something from a jump

link?

as for the spitting business, i heard it on the radio, so i dont know how im supposed to link that up.

If you have no facts to back it up, then its bullshit.

That simple.

jochhejaam
02-15-2006, 06:03 PM
The Pistons aren't the the best team in the league in any category except fewest injuries and fewest losses.
They're leading in 3 pt. FG%, lowest 3 pt. FG% by opponents, fewest turnovers, assist to turnover ratio, margin of victory and most wins, (that's sort of important in regards to HCA).

SequSpur
02-15-2006, 06:04 PM

Nuff said.

That's because you can't dunk.

Beyitch.

Taco
02-15-2006, 06:04 PM
Welcome

T Park
02-15-2006, 06:05 PM
That's because you can't dunk.

wtf does that have to do with anything!?!?!??

You like him cause he dunks!?!?!

WOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW

More great analysis from Sequ "John Lucas is my favorite coach" Spur

stretchman21
02-15-2006, 06:05 PM
Link?

Dirk plays PF against Duncan.

Hows that different. It'll be the same sad ownage as previous years.

Oh pardon me, Diop is there, "Po mans mutombo" right right.

And the Suns being a better team, thats all...

Not at all.

no one is quick enough to keep up with him to throw an elbow into his gut on a fast break :smokin

AND ON A SPURS BOARD!!!

Damn, isn't that just downright Ironic?!!??!

honestly, i cant find a link. it was said over the radio. as for the elbow, you know that it was a total cheapshot when Bowen elbowed Finley. i dont think it can be just a coincedence when a NUMBER of players have said hes a very dirty player.

where is the proof that Duncan has OWNED Dirk in past years? show me that.

that diop comment was probably the stupidest shit ive ever heard. to add to it, it made no sense.

no. not ironic at all. just lame. as usual, you have no proof of anything you say.

stretchman21
02-15-2006, 06:07 PM
the Finley episode was in response to what Finley had done to him.

Bowen plays nose to nose defense he is always going to be close.

All I want is proof of intent. You were posting it as if those were facts, when in fact they were opinions.
finley BARELY pushed him in effort for a rebound... something that happens EVERY SINGLE REBOUND. i agree, he plays nose to nose. but an elbow is completely uncalled for.

Kori Ellis
02-15-2006, 06:09 PM
honestly, i cant find a link. it was said over the radio. as for the elbow, you know that it was a total cheapshot when Bowen elbowed Finley. i dont think it can be just a coincedence when a NUMBER of players have said hes a very dirty player.

Name the players who think he's dirty.

Ray Allen.

Vince Carter.

And maybe a couple other players that he's owned that have a vagina.

When Bowen elbowed Finley, it was retaliation. We've seen the whole video 100's of times, like I'm sure you have.

Bowen is damn crafty. If you don't like where he has his feet when your shooters are going up for a shot, then I guess your shooters should look down and adjust ;)

As for elbowing and punching in the stomach, are you sure you are not a Sonics fan?

Sack up.

T Park
02-15-2006, 06:09 PM
where is the proof that Duncan has OWNED Dirk in past years

uhhh

playoffs?!?!? 01, 03?!?!? WATCH ANY GAMES?!?!?!

that diop comment was probably the stupidest shit ive ever heard

That is your fellow Maverick fans calling him that, not me......

you have no proof of anything you say.

Sorry you don't like facts.

i cant find a link. it was said over the radio

Hey, I just heard on the radio, that the Mavericks traded Dirk Nowitzki.....

as for the elbow, you know that it was a total cheapshot when Bowen elbowed Finley

Finley started the whole thing, you seem to be missing that sir

i dont think it can be just a coincedence when a NUMBER of players have said hes a very dirty player

Cuttino Mobley
Vince Carter
Flip Saunders

Oh yeah, such TOUGH guys they are too!

WOOOO

stretchman21
02-15-2006, 06:10 PM

Nuff said.

Yeah, its called, rest.

DERRRRR

link?

If you have no facts to back it up, then its bullshit.

That simple.

im NOT going to waste my time pulling up links to show how he busted Ray Allen, Vince Carter, and Kobe's ankles. you call yourself a spurs fan, so you should already know about that.
i have facts. they just arent on the internet, and im not going to waste my time on you.

"Don't believe a word this little shit says. He thinks Vince Carter is god. Nuff said."

hahahahaha

T Park
02-15-2006, 06:10 PM

Ray Allen.

Vince Carter.

When Bowen elbowed Finley, it was retaliation. We've seen the whole video 100's of times, like I'm sure you have.

Bowen is damn crafty. If you don't like where he has his feet when your shooters are going up for a shot, then I guess your shooters should look down and adjust

As for elbowing and punching in the stomach, are you sure you are not a Sonics fan?

Sack up

No shit.

No wonder the mavs fold in the playoffs all the time.

sniff sniff

he pushed me, he elbowed me

wahhhhhhhh

T Park
02-15-2006, 06:11 PM
have facts. they just arent on the internet, and im not going to waste my time on you.

In other words, I dont, I made it up, I hate him cause he always owns our players.

Thanks.

stretchman21
02-15-2006, 06:14 PM
"uhhh

playoffs?!?!? 01, 03?!?!? WATCH ANY GAMES?!?!?!"

where is the FACTS that Duncan owned Dirk??? you seem so hell bent on proof... show me some fuckin proof!

"Sorry you don't like facts."

nice comeback.

"Hey, I just heard on the radio, that the Mavericks traded Dirk Nowitzki....."

again, stupid shit...

"Finley started the whole thing, you seem to be missing that sir"

yea, he pushed when going after a rebound. that happens EVERY REBOUND.

"Cuttino Mobley
Vince Carter
Flip Saunders"

add Ray Allen, Kobe. id say its not just a coincedence. if you werent such a spurs homer, you would KNOW that he does some dirty shit. typical spurs fan...

stretchman21
02-15-2006, 06:16 PM
In other words, I dont, I made it up, I hate him cause he always owns our players.

Thanks.

thats fine. you know what, i have my opinions, and you have yours, and i respect them. im not going to waste any more time on this though.

T Park
02-15-2006, 06:17 PM

Ray Allen.

Vince Carter.

Bowen is damn crafty. If you don't like where he has his feet when your shooters are going up for a shot, then I guess your shooters should look down and adjust

Sack up.

Ownage to the 50th power.

Kori Ellis
02-15-2006, 06:18 PM
"uhhh

playoffs?!?!? 01, 03?!?!? WATCH ANY GAMES?!?!?!"

where is the FACTS that Duncan owned Dirk??? you seem so hell bent on proof... show me some fuckin proof!

"Sorry you don't like facts."

nice comeback.

"Hey, I just heard on the radio, that the Mavericks traded Dirk Nowitzki....."

again, stupid shit...

"Finley started the whole thing, you seem to be missing that sir"

yea, he pushed when going after a rebound. that happens EVERY REBOUND.

"Cuttino Mobley
Vince Carter
Flip Saunders"

add Ray Allen, Kobe. id say its not just a coincedence. if you werent such a spurs homer, you would KNOW that he does some dirty shit. typical spurs fan...

Kobe has never said Bowen is dirty.

Cuttino, Vince, Ray = pussies
Kobe = gets pussy

stretchman21
02-15-2006, 06:20 PM

Cuttino, Vince, Ray = pussies
Kobe = gets pussy
id have to say i recall him saying something about Bowen being dirty. it wasnt as big as when the other guys did, but i strongly recall him making a comment on it.

T Park
02-15-2006, 06:23 PM
The facts that Duncan owns dirk?

Look at Duncan's PPG vs the Mavericks in those series, and look at who WON the Series.

That simple.

Hey, I just heard on the radio, that the Mavericks traded Dirk Nowitzki....."

again, stupid shit...

All I did, was do what you did. Have no link or facts to the story, just made it up.

Sorry you don't like what YOU do.......

yea, he pushed when going after a rebound. that happens EVERY REBOUND

Hmm.

If Bowen did that, hed be, dirty.

DAMN where is the consistency?!?!

To top it off, Kobe loves playing against Bowen, saying hes the best 1 on 1 defender, saying he LOVES the challenge Bowen brings.

you would KNOW that he does some dirty shit. typical spurs fan...

First off kiddo, show a little respect when on a Spurs board. We arent gonna agree with you just cause your a Mavericks fan.

I don't think he does anything dirty. I think he does some stuff the refs don't see, like a poke here, a nudge there, but nothing intentionally trying to hurt someone.

T Park
02-15-2006, 06:23 PM
but i strongly recall him making a comment on it.

link?

SequSpur
02-15-2006, 06:26 PM
Tpark,

I am aballed that you are not showing a new poster some fucking courtesy by calling him names on his first day.

Quit being a dick.

stretchman21
02-15-2006, 06:27 PM
"Look at Duncan's PPG vs the Mavericks in those series, and look at who WON the Series."

in 01, that was Dirk's first playoff run. in 03, he got hurt in game 2. however, scored 40 in game one. i dont consider that ownage. add to it... Dirk has improved, while Duncan has slid since then.

"If Bowen did that, hed be, dirty. DAMN where is the consistency?!?!"

where did i say anything about that? show me the proof.

"First off kiddo, show a little respect when on a Spurs board. We arent gonna agree with you just cause your a Mavericks fan."

i never expected anyone to agree with anything. i have shown respect, until you disrespected me for no reason. i expect respect, which you havent shown any of. simple as that... kiddo.

stretchman21
02-15-2006, 06:28 PM
Tpark,

I am aballed that you are not showing a new poster some fucking courtesy by calling him names on his first day.

Quit being a dick.

thank you. at least you know how to act, and understand the meaning of respect.

Kori Ellis
02-15-2006, 06:31 PM
thank you. at least you know how to act, and understand the meaning of respect.

That's ironic that you are calling Sequspur respectful.

Newbies will learn.

SequSpur
02-15-2006, 06:32 PM

Newbies will learn.

:rolleyes

You act like you own this place........

Let the man vocalize.......

shit.

stretchman21
02-15-2006, 06:33 PM

Newbies will learn.
so far, he has been. definitley more so than T Park.

T Park
02-15-2006, 06:34 PM
he got hurt in game 2

Try game 5.

Its apalled, and go bake some pie, or do something for your wife before she leaves your dumbass.

until you disrespected me for no reason

I didn't disrespect you.

I called you out for making shit up. Wich is, uh, what you have done.

Bowen has NEVER, spit, on ANYONE, or injured anyone intentionally.

FACT.

Kori Ellis
02-15-2006, 06:35 PM
:rolleyes

Owned.

http://mailbling.com/sequcheer.jpg

T Park
02-15-2006, 06:35 PM

Let the man vocalize.......

shit

Kori,

I think I just saw him run behind Pseudo when he said that, if your lookin for him.

T Park
02-15-2006, 06:36 PM
Change Sexy to VINCE CARTER

and youve got it 100% right :rollin

OWNED AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FromWayDowntown
02-15-2006, 06:37 PM
id have to say i recall him saying something about Bowen being dirty. it wasnt as big as when the other guys did, but i strongly recall him making a comment on it.

Well it must have been in a publication that wasn't available in San Antonio, because I follow the Spurs about as closely as anyone and through the countless Spurs/Lakers playoff battles and regular season games, I don't recall Kobe Bryant ever saying anything about Bruce Bowen being dirty. He's said that he's tough, but not dirty. The same is true of a number of great scorers -- you don't hear complaints about Bowen from Tracy McGrady, for example.

I can't believe you're dropping "typical Spurs fan" smack around here, either. We watch Bruce Bowen all the time; we know who complains about him; we watch those matchups and can see for ourselves what Bowen does and does not do; we know that Ray Allen and Vince Carter are pussies who whine and complain about Bowen to the officials and to the media because they can't do their thing offensively in the face of Bowen's defense. It's blame-shifting, and it's never been legitimate.

And I'd strongly suggest that you pull off the Mavs-colored shades in offering your recollection of the Bowen/Finley incident. I was in the building and watched it myself and it was purely retaliation on Bowen's part. It might not have been the most prudent thing for him to do, but it wasn't something that Bowen instigated.

Welcome to the board, but I'd suggest that you be reluctant to make broad generalizations about the people who post here. You can ask the Pistons fans who have stayed here -- we talk good hoops, but we don't suffer fools. Bring some game and you'll have lots of fun.

SequSpur
02-15-2006, 06:37 PM
:pctoss

Got damn it.

Now where is that copy of photoshop.

:pctoss

:flipoff

WalterBenitez
02-15-2006, 06:38 PM
Strechtman, you know how make friends, I don't hate Mavs, but I like their faces when Spurs defeat them :D

T Park
02-15-2006, 06:40 PM
Well it must have been in a publication that wasn't available in San Antonio, because I follow the Spurs about as closely as anyone and through the countless Spurs/Lakers playoff battles and regular season games, I don't recall Kobe Bryant ever saying anything about Bruce Bowen being dirty. He's said that he's tough, but not dirty. The same is true of a number of great scorers -- you don't hear complaints about Bowen from Tracy McGrady, for example.

I can't believe you're dropping "typical Spurs fan" smack around here, either. We watch Bruce Bowen all the time; we know who complains about him; we watch those matchups and can see for ourselves what Bowen does and does not do; we know that Ray Allen and Vince Carter are pussies who whine and complain about Bowen to the officials and to the media because they can't do their thing offensively in the face of Bowen's defense. It's blame-shifting, and it's never been legitimate.

And I'd strongly suggest that you pull off the Mavs-colored shades in offering your recollection of the Bowen/Finley incident. I was in the building and watched it myself and it was purely retaliation on Bowen's part. It might not have been the most prudent thing for him to do, but it wasn't something that Bowen instigated.

Welcome to the board, but I'd suggest that you be reluctant to make broad generalizations about the people who post here. You can ask the Pistons fans who have stayed here -- we talk good hoops, but we don't suffer fools. Bring some game and you'll have lots of fun.

Thanks FWD.

Great post.

SequSpur
02-15-2006, 06:40 PM
Try game 5.

Its apalled, and go bake some pie, or do something for your wife before she leaves your dumbass.

Its aballed in a basketball forum, you beyitch.

T Park
02-15-2006, 06:43 PM
Aballed isn't even a word genius.

SequSpur
02-15-2006, 06:44 PM
Aballed isn't even a word genius.

I made it up dipshit.

T Park
02-15-2006, 06:45 PM
Oh yeah, Im the dipshit Sequcarter.

samikeyp
02-15-2006, 06:58 PM
finley BARELY pushed him in effort for a rebound... something that happens EVERY SINGLE REBOUND. i agree, he plays nose to nose. but an elbow is completely uncalled for.
so then you think Bowen did everything you said he did intentionally.

ShoogarBear
02-15-2006, 07:05 PM
Got dayum, stretchman. First post, first thread, and 100 followups in little over an hour.

I don't think a male has ever done that round these parts. :fro

Slomo
02-15-2006, 07:25 PM
Welcome all Mavs fans.

As a welcome gift please accept a copy of your beloved team's logo. Please feel free to use it in your signatures and/or avatars!

http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/Photoshop_madness/Mavs_logo_001.jpg

mavsfan1000
02-15-2006, 07:38 PM
Great read here. If T Park actually watched Diop play he would be more respectful of his game. We actually have 3 players that could alternate guarding Duncan now. Mbenga is starting to get some minutes and had like 5 blocks in 15 minutes last game. The mavs don't have to put Dirk on Duncan now. Dirk can rest on the defense more guarding Rasho or Mohammad which should help his offense.

50 cent
02-15-2006, 08:01 PM
Dirk rests on defense regardless of who he is playing against so that's a non-issue. The dude is a turnstile and always will be.

mavsfan1000
02-15-2006, 08:26 PM
Dirk rests on defense regardless of who he is playing against so that's a non-issue. The dude is a turnstile and always will be.
link? I've seen him work hard on defense this year. Last year he had to chase Marion around the place which I believe took away from his offense.

50 cent
02-15-2006, 09:37 PM
link? I've seen him work hard on defense this year. Last year he had to chase Marion around the place which I believe took away from his offense.
You need a link to know that Dirk sucks at defense. I'm sorry you don't understand basketball.

:lmao

mavsfan1000
02-15-2006, 09:39 PM
Well with Dirk being so bad on defense it says a lot on how well everyone else is defending now. :rolleyes

island_dude
02-16-2006, 10:25 AM
You need a link to know that Dirk sucks at defense. I'm sorry you don't understand basketball.

:lmao
Dirk is still not a very good man to man defender, but he's improved as team defender. Avery demands that everyone including Dirk puts out an effort on the defensive end. There have been several occassions where Avery has pulled him for defensive mistakes.

Like you said, he'll probably never be a great defender, but his effort has improved this year.

island_dude
02-16-2006, 10:44 AM
Nice prediction there chief. Keep up the good work!

romsey31
02-16-2006, 12:37 PM

I hate when people say shit like this. So if Dirk goes down and the Spurs beat the Mavs in 4 what would you say? The Spurs were the better team or would you be quick to say DIRK WAS OUT. Injuries are apart of the game, but its silly to say you cant use that as an excuse. If Duncan & Ginobili is hurt and the Pistons run over the Spurs thats expected, thats like The bulls playing Utah with an injured mj and a hobbling pippen.

nkdlunch
02-16-2006, 12:41 PM
Nice prediction there chief. Keep up the good work!

my prediction would have come true if Arenas didn't give the game away. 5TO, 5 fouls and only 12 pts.

island_dude
02-16-2006, 12:45 PM
my prediction would have come true if Arenas didn't give the game away. 5TO, 5 fouls and only 12 pts.
Ah, If if's and but's were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Chistmas.

Apparently Arenas has subscribed the Phil JackZen theory that Cuban has all the refs intimidated.

Wizards guard Gilbert Arenas
On tough game tonight:
It was kind of frustrating driving in and getting hit, and you don't hear any whistle. You're fighting in an uphill battle especially playing a team that could possibly win a championship, in their home place before the All Star break so you're not going to get those easy calls you usually get everywhere else.

It's just hard beating a team like that on the road. If we were at home I'd probably be at the free throw line 25 times. It's just one of those games
P.S. Ya think maybe that Dallas team that doesn't know how to play defense had something to do with that?

kskonn
02-16-2006, 02:17 PM
lol... thats probably a large part of it. i personally dont like some of the players either. i love tim duncan, but i personally think Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili are very good players, but are being overrated. Bruce Bowen is dirty as hell too. my brother said he saw in some article that a player actually said he sputters his lips when defending some times, and spits while doing so. i dont know how true it is, but i dunno.

to be honest, ive never really like the spurs as long as i have been a basketball fan. but being a mavs fan has added fuel to the fire. hehe.

So I am confused, did you hear it on a radio show? did your brother read it in an article? or wait does your brother have his own radio show in which he told everyone about reading this in an article?

Mixing up your own stories and not providing links = unreliable!

stretchman21
02-16-2006, 03:02 PM
I hate when people say shit like this. So if Dirk goes down and the Spurs beat the Mavs in 4 what would you say? The Spurs were the better team or would you be quick to say DIRK WAS OUT. Injuries are apart of the game, but its silly to say you cant use that as an excuse. If Duncan & Ginobili is hurt and the Pistons run over the Spurs thats expected, thats like The bulls playing Utah with an injured mj and a hobbling pippen.
yea, the playoffs is something completely different. im talking about the regular season. all teams have to deal with injuries during the season. the best of the best are able to play through those injuries. for instance, the lakers with shaq and kobe. shaq always had his annual 20 game stretch where he was "hurt". but the team always stayed on top. no one ever made any excuses for them. however, the second ONE spurs gets a LITTLE hobbled, but is still capable of playing, everyone says that they are just LOADED with injuries. the only TRUE injury they have had is Ginobili. but duncan hasnt missed any time due to injury. he missed 1 game with the flu or something. Parker hasnt missed time. Bowen hasnt missed time. a few bench players missed a game here and there. but nothing too serious. not like the Mavs, who have had Daniels, Stackhouse, Van Horn, and Howard all miss a fair amount of time. and then every player except Damp and Dirk has missed at least a game due to injury. but no one makes an excuse for any of the mavs losses due to injury. the spurs need to quit being babied by everybody.

stretchman21
02-16-2006, 03:04 PM
So I am confused, did you hear it on a radio show? did your brother read it in an article? or wait does your brother have his own radio show in which he told everyone about reading this in an article?

Mixing up your own stories and not providing links = unreliable!
actually, that is quite funny that you say that. he actually was on the radio, and he was speaking about it, and the hosts had seen the same thing as well. it happened around the time that bowen elbowed finley, and there was a short segment about Bowen, and if he is dirty or not.

nkdlunch
02-16-2006, 03:08 PM
bwaaaa bwaaaa Bowen is beating me up!

fucking crybabies

stretchman21
02-16-2006, 03:10 PM
bwaaaa bwaaaa Bowen is beating me up!

fucking crybabies
who said anything about bowen beating them up? the only crybabies are you guys... complaining about the refs. sure, refs fuck up every now and then, but refs dont lose games, do they?

samikeyp
02-16-2006, 03:10 PM
Actually Duncan has had injuries but has played through them. Finley, Van Exel, Horry and Oberto have all missed games with injuries. However I for one believe that injuries are part of the game and shouldn't be used as an excuse. Just my .02

FromWayDowntown
02-16-2006, 03:11 PM
who said anything about bowen beating them up? the only crybabies are you guys... complaining about the refs. sure, refs fuck up every now and then, but refs dont lose games, do they?

Hmmm. I'll have to ask Mark Cuban about that, since NOBODY complains more about officiating.

samikeyp
02-16-2006, 03:11 PM
the only crybabies are you guys... complaining about the refs. sure, refs fuck up every now and then, but refs dont lose games, do they?

nice way to blame all Spurs fans for the thoughts of a few.

FromWayDowntown
02-16-2006, 03:12 PM

Exactly. And, more to the point, the one guy who directly suggested that about last night's game got flamed by just about everyone who bothered to respond to his post. I don't hear or read more than a couple of Spurs fans in this forum complaining about officiating.

samikeyp
02-16-2006, 03:14 PM
Very true. I was one of many blasting the whole "its the refs fault" theory as well. I guess stretch may have missed that.

FromWayDowntown
02-16-2006, 03:18 PM
I just think there's a delicious irony in a Mavericks fan trying to call out fans of another team (even mistakenly) for complaining about officiating, when the owner of the Mavericks is so concerned with officials and the way that they call games that he hires people just to track those things. Preparation and adjustment are good things, but paranoia about officials is ridiculous.

Besides, ask almost any Mavericks fan what he thinks of Joey Crawford and then duck. Spurs fans (other than maybe TPark) don't have that sort of visceral reaction to any NBA official.

samikeyp
02-16-2006, 03:20 PM
except maybe for Steve Javie! :lol

ShoogarBear
02-16-2006, 03:22 PM
Ahem . . . BENNETT SALVATORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FromWayDowntown
02-16-2006, 03:24 PM
Ahem . . . BENNETT SALVATORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D'oh! How could I have forgotten that!?!?!?!? Okay -- I take it back.

Spurs fan is just as bad as Mark Cuban.

samikeyp
02-16-2006, 03:27 PM
hey now FWD....let's not get insulting! :lol

Joepa
02-16-2006, 03:35 PM
Yeah, Steve Javie is a jerk. HATE that guy.

I don't think Spurs fans really have a rep of crying over officiating. Personally, I don't think it was that bad last night, as long as you understand that A.I. is a star and he's going to initate contact and go to the line every single time he's touched.

Joepa
02-16-2006, 03:37 PM
Where the hell is Mouse? You'd think he'd be all over the Mavs' jock even more than normal.

samikeyp
02-16-2006, 03:40 PM
I would agree with you Joepa to a point. Every team in every sport has a collection of fans who like to blame anyone but their own team. They blame refs, dirty play, the commissioner whatever. Sadly, the Spurs have those kind of fans as well. The majority of posters here, IMO, do not think that way. This site is blessed with a lot of very knowledgable fans who know better than to sink to that level.

FromWayDowntown
02-16-2006, 03:44 PM
hey now FWD....let's not get insulting! :lol

Sorry, mikey. I was reeling from having been owned so suddenly and so obviously and just started lashing out at whatever was around me!! My world was spinning out of control and I had to blast back!!!! :lol

FromWayDowntown
02-16-2006, 03:47 PM
I would agree with you Joepa to a point. Every team in every sport has a collection of fans who like to blame anyone but their own team. They blame refs, dirty play, the commissioner whatever. Sadly, the Spurs have those kind of fans as well. The majority of posters here, IMO, do not think that way. This site is blessed with a lot of very knowledgable fans who know better than to sink to that level.

I think many have, correctly, taken their cue from Pop, who as far as I can remember, never called out officials in the media. He can certainly be critical of particular calls during the course of a game, but that's quite different from suggesting afterwards that a particular call was decisive in the game. Pop gives credit to opponents who beat the Spurs and I think most Spurs fans who analyze the game and attempt to understand what has happened try to follow that lead.

AJ, as a coach, generally does the same thing, and I think largely because of the Pop influence.

Basketball games are won and lost by players not by officials.

ShoogarBear
02-16-2006, 03:48 PM
Where the hell is Mouse? You'd think he'd be all over the Mavs' jock even more than normal.

Excellent point. Unusual restraint being show by the murine one these days. He must be under the weather.

Peter
02-16-2006, 03:49 PM
Why is it that most Mavs fans are bitter bitches?

FromWayDowntown
02-16-2006, 03:49 PM
Excellent point. Unusual restraint being show by the murine these days. He must be under the weather.

Or posting schizophrenically with the Trolls.

mavsfan1000
02-16-2006, 03:51 PM
Why is it that most Mavs fans are bitter bitches?
Sounds like you are the one bitter. :lol

Peter
02-16-2006, 03:52 PM
I'm not the one finding Mavs' forums to spam with lame shit.

Peter
02-16-2006, 03:57 PM
I guess they've learned that from their leader.

http://www.studiomoustache.com/blog/images/content/cuban.jpg

stretchman21
02-16-2006, 04:08 PM
Hmmm. I'll have to ask Mark Cuban about that, since NOBODY complains more about officiating.
im talking about fans, smartass.

stretchman21
02-16-2006, 04:09 PM
no, i dont believe all spurs fans are like that. all teams have fans that are like that. i feel that you are a very realistic fan, and i respect that.

stretchman21
02-16-2006, 04:10 PM
Very true. I was one of many blasting the whole "its the refs fault" theory as well. I guess stretch may have missed that.
obviously you misunderstood me. im talking about guys like him, who just whine all the time about refs. again, i never said "all spurs fans are crybabies". so maybe you need to read a little more before making comments like that.

stretchman21
02-16-2006, 04:12 PM
Yeah, Steve Javie is a jerk. HATE that guy.

I don't think Spurs fans really have a rep of crying over officiating. Personally, I don't think it was that bad last night, as long as you understand that A.I. is a star and he's going to initate contact and go to the line every single time he's touched.
no, i dont believe that spurs fans are crybabies. i made that comment directed to that one poster, and people like him who blame games on refs.

stretchman21
02-16-2006, 04:15 PM
I'm not the one finding Mavs' forums to spam with lame shit.
no, but im not blaming refs for mavs misfortunes, am I? that is far more lame than anything i have ever posted here.

FromWayDowntown
02-16-2006, 04:23 PM
im talking about fans, smartass.

Mark Cuban isn't a fan?

stretchman21
02-16-2006, 04:26 PM
Mark Cuban isn't a fan?
hahaha, you are funny. unfortunately, that is a very poor comeback, because being just a fan, and being an owner is COMPLETELY different. i dont think fans can just send tapes at will to the NBA front office to fix poor officiating in the NBA. cuban may complain about officiating, and that is part of his job. however, he doesnt ever blame a loss on officiating.

samikeyp
02-16-2006, 04:56 PM
no, i dont believe all spurs fans are like that. all teams have fans that are like that. i feel that you are a very realistic fan, and i respect that.

fair enough. I was glad to see you specify that. thank you.

mavsfan1000
02-16-2006, 04:59 PM
Peter is here just to piss other teams fans off. I'm not bitter about anything. The mavs are in first place now so why would I be bitter? lol

stretchman21
02-16-2006, 05:06 PM
fair enough. I was glad to see you specify that. thank you.
no problem bro. i got nothing but respect for the spurs. i hate them, and i have my personal opinions about them, but they have won 2 of the last three titles, so i got nothing but respect for them. i think since people see im a mavs fan, they think im just gunna talk crap, and be whiny or some stupid shit like that.

TOP-CHERRY
02-16-2006, 05:07 PM
Peter is here just to piss other teams fans off. I'm not bitter about anything. The mavs are in first place now so why would I be bitter? lol
Hmm.. that's a tough one.

Because you have 0 rings?

Maybe.

TOP-CHERRY
02-16-2006, 05:09 PM
no problem bro. i got nothing but respect for the spurs. i hate them, and i have my personal opinions about them, but they have won 2 of the last three titles, so i got nothing but respect for them. i think since people see im a mavs fan, they think im just gunna talk crap, and be whiny or some stupid shit like that.
Are you seriously gonna bring up the 99 championship in this discussion?

FromWayDowntown
02-16-2006, 05:11 PM
hahaha, you are funny. unfortunately, that is a very poor comeback, because being just a fan, and being an owner is COMPLETELY different. i dont think fans can just send tapes at will to the NBA front office to fix poor officiating in the NBA. cuban may complain about officiating, and that is part of his job. however, he doesnt ever blame a loss on officiating.

And you've completely missed my point.

A. Mark Cuban has certainly blamed losses (whether directly or by implication) on officiating. He may not do it as much anymore, but he's far from immune when that charge is levied.

B. Even if Cuban only complains about officiating, you implied that it's bad form to even do that. I don't exactly see how Cuban is immune from that issue just by virtue of his ownership interest in the Mavericks.

Mostly, though, my point was that it's fairly hypocritical to accuse Spurs fans of whining about officiating when the #1 Mavericks fan is the poster boy for officiating paranoia. Cubes has, to his credit, toned down his act since AJ took over as coach, and I (for one) suspect that there's a direct correlation. But to suggest that a handful of Spurs fans are somehow doing something that the Mavericks organization and its fans do not do is ridiculous.

Joepa
02-16-2006, 05:13 PM
I think many have, correctly, taken their cue from Pop, who as far as I can remember, never called out officials in the media. He can certainly be critical of particular calls during the course of a game, but that's quite different from suggesting afterwards that a particular call was decisive in the game. Pop gives credit to opponents who beat the Spurs and I think most Spurs fans who analyze the game and attempt to understand what has happened try to follow that lead.

AJ, as a coach, generally does the same thing, and I think largely because of the Pop influence.

Basketball games are won and lost by players not by officials.

I think that fans follow the lead of an organization's leadership. Very astute point here that Pop never blames anyone but his team, and credits the other team every single time. Fans follow that lead. I like that our fans are good ones who don't disrespect another team just because we lost a game.

mavsfan1000
02-16-2006, 05:20 PM
I think that fans follow the lead of an organization's leadership. Very astute point here that Pop never blames anyone but his team, and credits the other team every single time. Fans follow that lead. I like that our fans are good ones who don't disrespect another team just because we lost a game.
Same thing goes with the mavs. What's the point?

jcrod
02-16-2006, 05:42 PM
The Mavs are defintely better and it will suck that we'll have to play them in the second round, I would rather wait to play them in the WCF.

But this Bowen crap is getting tired. All great defenders pull, grab and nudge a little to get the offense guy fustrated. But to call him dirty is chicken shit. If he was really spitting, don't you think with all the F**king cameras they would've caught it by now. And this stupid putting his feet under, is crap, do you see him looking where his feet are, he's putting his hand in there face. He cant do that from far away, now can he.

The only one's who truly bitch about Bowen are Allen and Carter. The great scorers want the challenge, Kobe, T-Mac, Lebron, Carmelo.

stretchman21
02-16-2006, 05:43 PM
Are you seriously gonna bring up the 99 championship in this discussion?
i never brought up anything about the 99 championship. you did. also, that team was a completely different core from the team today, so that is why i didnt include that.

mavsfan1000
02-16-2006, 05:46 PM
The Mavs are defintely better and it will suck that we'll have to play them in the second round, I would rather wait to play them in the WCF.

But this Bowen crap is getting tired. All great defenders pull, grab and nudge a little to get the offense guy fustrated. But to call him dirty is chicken shit. If he was really spitting, don't you think with all the F**king cameras they would've caught it by now. And this stupid putting his feet under, is crap, do you see him looking where his feet are, he's putting his hand in there face. He cant do that from far away, now can he.

The only one's who truly bitch about Bowen are Allen and Carter. The great scorers want the challenge, Kobe, T-Mac, Lebron, Carmelo.
I agree that Bowen isn't dirty but aggresive which is what a good defender should be.

stretchman21
02-16-2006, 05:47 PM
And you've completely missed my point.

A. Mark Cuban has certainly blamed losses (whether directly or by implication) on officiating. He may not do it as much anymore, but he's far from immune when that charge is levied.

B. Even if Cuban only complains about officiating, you implied that it's bad form to even do that. I don't exactly see how Cuban is immune from that issue just by virtue of his ownership interest in the Mavericks.

Mostly, though, my point was that it's fairly hypocritical to accuse Spurs fans of whining about officiating when the #1 Mavericks fan is the poster boy for officiating paranoia. Cubes has, to his credit, toned down his act since AJ took over as coach, and I (for one) suspect that there's a direct correlation. But to suggest that a handful of Spurs fans are somehow doing something that the Mavericks organization and its fans do not do is ridiculous.
i never implied anything. i already said, officiating can be shitty. hell, even last nights officiating in the mavs/wizards game was poor. but it wasnt the reason the wizards lost. i think the officiating was poor in the Mavs first round series against houston. Yao got away with about 100 moving picks. but it wasnt the reason the mavs lost the first 2 games. but i simply said, you cannot blame officiating on a loss.

stretchman21
02-16-2006, 05:50 PM

hey, that bowen crap is my opinion. respect it, or leave it. i respect other's opinions, and all i expect is the same respect in return. if you believe that Bowen is as clean of a player as it gets in the NBA, by all means, keep believing that. but dont bother attempting to change my opinion, because you never will.

TOP-CHERRY
02-16-2006, 05:52 PM
i never brought up anything about the 99 championship. you did. also, that team was a completely different core from the team today, so that is why i didnt include that.
Just checking.

jcrod
02-16-2006, 05:57 PM
hey, that bowen crap is my opinion. respect it, or leave it. i respect other's opinions, and all i expect is the same respect in return. if you believe that Bowen is as clean of a player as it gets in the NBA, by all means, keep believing that. but dont bother attempting to change my opinion, because you never will.

Respect, where does respect have anything to do with this????

Give me an example of a great defender who didn't grab, pull, push etc.... You have to be aggressive. Listen to your fellow Mav brother, he understands. You can't say he spits because you heard it on the radio, come on now. With all the camera angles, you truly believe they wouldn't of caught it by now. Bring some facts to you arguments, not hear say.

Peter
02-16-2006, 06:11 PM
Damn, Mav Fan must be a bitch.

romsey31
02-16-2006, 06:13 PM
yea, the playoffs is something completely different. im talking about the regular season. all teams have to deal with injuries during the season. the best of the best are able to play through those injuries. for instance, the lakers with shaq and kobe. shaq always had his annual 20 game stretch where he was "hurt". but the team always stayed on top. no one ever made any excuses for them. however, the second ONE spurs gets a LITTLE hobbled, but is still capable of playing, everyone says that they are just LOADED with injuries. the only TRUE injury they have had is Ginobili. but duncan hasnt missed any time due to injury. he missed 1 game with the flu or something. Parker hasnt missed time. Bowen hasnt missed time. a few bench players missed a game here and there. but nothing too serious. not like the Mavs, who have had Daniels, Stackhouse, Van Horn, and Howard all miss a fair amount of time. and then every player except Damp and Dirk has missed at least a game due to injury. but no one makes an excuse for any of the mavs losses due to injury. the spurs need to quit being babied by everybody.

9. Item: For all the talk surrounding the incredible start of the Detroit Pistons and the transformation of the Dallas Mavericks, take a look at the defending champion San Antonio Spurs for a moment.

What this really means: Despite the foot problems suffered by Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili and the general lack of health of their free agent veterans Michael Finley and Nick Van Exel, the Spurs are right there. Right there. In fact, following the Pistons' loss Sunday at Miami and the Spurs' win at Indiana, the Spurs are 40-10, and just one game behind the Pistons for the best record in the NBA.

For whatever reason, nobody wants to believe they're the best team. Well, guess what? Tony Parker is not only hot and heavy with Desperate Housewives star Eva Longoria, he's now an All-Star point guard and nearly impossible to stop from getting into the lane. Considering their depth and experience, does anybody really think the Spurs shouldn't be favored to repeat as champions and win their third title in four years?

That should answer your question

BTW you should be reallly afraid seeing that your entire squad is healthy and your squad couldnt separate themselves from the Spurs

stretchman21
02-16-2006, 06:16 PM
Respect, where does respect have anything to do with this????

Give me an example of a great defender who didn't grab, pull, push etc.... You have to be aggressive. Listen to your fellow Mav brother, he understands. You can't say he spits because you heard it on the radio, come on now. With all the camera angles, you truly believe they wouldn't of caught it by now. Bring some facts to you arguments, not hear say.
no , i agree about the aggressive part. but to be blamed with setting your foot under a defender more than once is not a coincedence. and to kick someone in the face is just NOT good defense. to elbow someone because they pushed you a little when going for a rebound, and elbowing them in the gut to stop them on a fast break is NOT good defense. those are facts.

themvp
02-16-2006, 06:17 PM
9. Item: For all the talk surrounding the incredible start of the Detroit Pistons and the transformation of the Dallas Mavericks, take a look at the defending champion San Antonio Spurs for a moment.

What this really means: Despite the foot problems suffered by Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili and the general lack of health of their free agent veterans Michael Finley and Nick Van Exel, the Spurs are right there. Right there. In fact, following the Pistons' loss Sunday at Miami and the Spurs' win at Indiana, the Spurs are 40-10, and just one game behind the Pistons for the best record in the NBA.

For whatever reason, nobody wants to believe they're the best team. Well, guess what? Tony Parker is not only hot and heavy with Desperate Housewives star Eva Longoria, he's now an All-Star point guard and nearly impossible to stop from getting into the lane. Considering their depth and experience, does anybody really think the Spurs shouldn't be favored to repeat as champions and win their third title in four years?

BTW you should be reallly afraid seeing that your entire squad is healthy and your squad couldnt separate themselves from the Spurs

You are right. Word.

stretchman21
02-16-2006, 06:17 PM
Damn, Mav Fan must be a bitch.
why dont you attempt to post something that at least requires some sort of brains? instead of just attempting to dish out lame insults. if you are going to insult me, make it INSULTING.

stretchman21
02-16-2006, 06:21 PM

uhmm... i actually have said that San Antonio is the favorite to repeat... more than once. however, our squad earlier was injuried FAR more than the Spurs are now, and the Spurs didnt separate themselves from the Mavs. funny how you just talk all about the Spurs injuries, but not about the Mavs, who have had to deal with the injury bug much more than the Spurs have. and Daniels, Van Horn, and Harris are still not 100%. sure, they are playing, but it doesnt mean they are playing hurt. just like duncan and ginobili. they are hurt, but they are still playing.

jcrod
02-16-2006, 09:47 PM
uhmm... i actually have said that San Antonio is the favorite to repeat... more than once. however, our squad earlier was injuried FAR more than the Spurs are now, and the Spurs didnt separate themselves from the Mavs. funny how you just talk all about the Spurs injuries, but not about the Mavs, who have had to deal with the injury bug much more than the Spurs have. and Daniels, Van Horn, and Harris are still not 100%. sure, they are playing, but it doesnt mean they are playing hurt. just like duncan and ginobili. they are hurt, but they are still playing.

Funny that you're comparing Daniels, Van Horn or Harris injuries as important as Duncan's and Manu. Duncan is the Franchise and Manu is second/third as important. We're not talking role players here, like you are. I think the players are a little different.

jcrod
02-16-2006, 09:51 PM
no , i agree about the aggressive part. but to be blamed with setting your foot under a defender more than once is not a coincedence. and to kick someone in the face is just NOT good defense. to elbow someone because they pushed you a little when going for a rebound, and elbowing them in the gut to stop them on a fast break is NOT good defense. those are facts.

Carter is the only one that complains, besides Allen and we alreadly established they're pussies. Bring me someone else who's said that.

The kicking incident was funny, uncalled for, but its not like he done that more than that time.

Again, they both were going at each other, both admitting so. You're bringing the same examples over and over.

It's no coincedence he's been on the defensive team for the past what 3-4 yrs. THAT my FRIEND is a fact!!!!!

spurs=bling
02-16-2006, 10:02 PM
more mavs ...... well hi anyways

stretchman21
02-16-2006, 10:18 PM
Funny that you're comparing Daniels, Van Horn or Harris injuries as important as Duncan's and Manu. Duncan is the Franchise and Manu is second/third as important. We're not talking role players here, like you are. I think the players are a little different.
role players can be just as important as the big guns. without role players, where is the team? Duncan hasnt even missed any time due to injury, so i dont consider that a serious injury. when you are unable to play, that is a serious injury. Daniels, Van Horn, Stackhouse, Howard, have all had fairly long stretches of missed games.

also, show me where i said anything about Daniels, Van Horn, or Harris being as important as Duncan, or Manu. if you read back, i never said ANYTHING about them being as important as those guys. However, aside from their injuries, how many SERIOUS injuries have the spurs had? Horry misses a couple games, but what else is new? no other big part of the spurs has missed much time, if any time at all. So in essence, Duncan and Manu's injuries are FAR less compared to our guys injuries.

stretchman21
02-16-2006, 10:19 PM
Carter is the only one that complains, besides Allen and we alreadly established they're pussies. Bring me someone else who's said that.

The kicking incident was funny, uncalled for, but its not like he done that more than that time.

Again, they both were going at each other, both admitting so. You're bringing the same examples over and over.

It's no coincedence he's been on the defensive team for the past what 3-4 yrs. THAT my FRIEND is a fact!!!!!
ok. again, where did i say anything about him NOT being a good defensive player? i think he is an amazing defensive player. at times however, he does dirty stuff, IMO.

stretchman21
02-16-2006, 10:20 PM
more mavs ...... well hi anyways
hows it going?

spurs=bling
02-16-2006, 10:20 PM
hows it going?

FINE :D

slayermin
02-16-2006, 10:38 PM
Most of us feel about Dallas like Texas feels about the Aggies. We view them as a pissed off, annoying little fly that hates us with a passion but just can't touch us.

Character wise, I would say it's vice-versa.

I am not an Aggie fan but I would say the Spurs are more like Texas A&M and the Mavs like UT. Mavs, like Texas, have all the resources to dominate. Spurs, as is with the Aggies, have a military personality. That is about discipline which both exude.

Track record would indicate that your analogy is probably more correct them mine. But the Aggies could turn the tables one day like Auburn did to Alabama.

mavsfan1000
02-17-2006, 12:58 AM
role players can be just as important as the big guns. without role players, where is the team? Duncan hasnt even missed any time due to injury, so i dont consider that a serious injury. when you are unable to play, that is a serious injury. Daniels, Van Horn, Stackhouse, Howard, have all had fairly long stretches of missed games.

also, show me where i said anything about Daniels, Van Horn, or Harris being as important as Duncan, or Manu. if you read back, i never said ANYTHING about them being as important as those guys. However, aside from their injuries, how many SERIOUS injuries have the spurs had? Horry misses a couple games, but what else is new? no other big part of the spurs has missed much time, if any time at all. So in essence, Duncan and Manu's injuries are FAR less compared to our guys injuries.

Exactly. Almost half the mavs team has been out and for some time. The mavs are finally healthy and that is why they won 15 out of 16. Josh Howard is no role player by the way.

SequSpur
02-17-2006, 01:07 AM
http://www.destgulch.com/movies/fargo/fargo12s.jpg

LilMissSPURfect
02-17-2006, 01:28 AM

:elephant :elephant :elephant :fro

stretchman21
02-17-2006, 09:44 AM
Exactly. Almost half the mavs team has been out and for some time. The mavs are finally healthy and that is why they won 15 out of 16. Josh Howard is no role player by the way.
yea, Howard is a hell of a player. he just keeps getting better and better. he could soon be a 20/10 player. he is very talented. Cuban better resign him to a nice contract this offseason.

island_dude
02-17-2006, 10:19 AM
:elephant :elephant :elephant :fro
LOL! Hopefully it won't be empty for long. We'll wait aand see.

101A
02-17-2006, 10:34 AM
LOL! Hopefully it won't be empty for long. We'll wait aand see.

Cuban brining in his 8th grade science fair ribbon?

stretchman21
02-17-2006, 10:34 AM
that was about the lamest insult ive ever read.

mavsfan1000
02-17-2006, 03:19 PM
What a fag response this is. :pctoss

cheguevara
02-17-2006, 03:21 PM

:lol its kinda funny

it's not an insult it's one of the things Cuban could put in the trophy case

island_dude
02-17-2006, 04:28 PM
:lol its kinda funny

it's not an insult it's one of the things Cuban could put in the trophy case
Yeah , along with his billions of dollars!

Brutalis
02-17-2006, 04:30 PM
LMAO OWNED. PS WELCOME TO THE LIONS DEN.

Mixability
02-17-2006, 04:35 PM
Yeah , along with his billions of dollars!

Damn your owner has more money than our owner..... :depressed

We surrender.

:lol

island_dude
02-17-2006, 04:39 PM
Damn your owner has more money than our owner..... :depressed

We surrender.

:lol
Just saying the dude has accomplished alot more than what you credit him for. Owning an NBA team is only one of many.