PDA

View Full Version : manu question

thekingrobert
02-15-2006, 08:48 PM
iverson is older than manu and plays more minutes and is always as hurt as manu so why is his minutes not monitored? also if manu had left S.A. and went to denver i doubt he would only play 30 mins a game.

nkdlunch
02-15-2006, 08:50 PM
Because we play for championships. Sixers only dream of championships so they can waste Iverson away however they like.

thekingrobert
02-15-2006, 08:53 PM
that makes sense but sometimes it cause spurs to lose. ive noticed when other teams makes runs on us its cause our bench is in

nkdlunch
02-15-2006, 08:57 PM
don't worry in playoffs they'll play our stars as much as possible

thekingrobert
02-15-2006, 09:00 PM
agreed

Nikos
02-15-2006, 09:24 PM
Spurs can afford to limit Manu's minutes, Philly for the most part can't.

ALVAREZ6
02-16-2006, 03:46 PM
Iverson is 1 out of millions.

The guy is incredible.

Simple as that.

I bet he could play all 48 minutes until he's 40 if he wanted too.

WalterBenitez
02-16-2006, 03:59 PM
If he were on Denver I'd like to know how many of us will post in Denver's forum :lol

Dunc
02-16-2006, 09:49 PM
Couple things.... first off, you take A.I. off the floor and suddenly your best player is Igoudala... unless you count C-Webb. Laughable. So in order to have a chance to win, they have to keep him on the floor for roughly 46 out of 48 minutes. Slight exagguration, sorry. Second, thank your lucky stars that Pop will actually play the bench. In Detroit, Flip seems to have no trust in the bench, and too often ends up running the world's best starting five (I do think we have that trademarked, by the way) all night long, whether they've got it going or not. Just gotta trust that Pop knows what's best for rotations, just like I have to trust that Flip does. After all, they are NBA head coaches. All of us, we just like to pretend :)
:fro

Old School Chic
02-16-2006, 09:52 PM
Iverson is 1 out of millions.

The guy is incredible.

Simple as that.

I bet he could play all 48 minutes until he's 40 if he wanted too.
Amen to that!

aaronstampler
02-16-2006, 11:25 PM
I love AI, but one reason he can play more minutes is because he exerts like zero energy on D. He doesn't pressure the ball, he doesn't man up, all he does is just lay in the weeds and pray for people to throw lazy passes he can steal.

But seriously, I think Manu could play 40 mins a night if the coach let him. I doubt he'd complain about it. But he probably wouldn't be as good in the 4th. AI has lots and lots of nights where he looks amazing for three quarters, but if the game is still close, the Sixers will lose because he's worn down and has nothing left for the 4th but jump shots.

Kori Ellis
02-16-2006, 11:26 PM
I don't think Manu could play 35 mpg all season and be able to be fresh in the postseason. I'd rather limit him so he can be Super Manu in playoffs.

hussker
02-16-2006, 11:29 PM
I don't think Manu could play 35 mpg all season and be able to be fresh in the postseason. I'd rather limit him so he can be Super Manu in playoffs.

TRUE...AI does not tend to leave as much on the floor on the defensive end, does not take the punishment Manu takes and does not use the same energy. Just an observation. Manu will RARELY be a high minutes guy.

Kori Ellis
02-16-2006, 11:37 PM
I think AI takes as much punishment as anyone else in the league. And he's injured a lot. I just think the circumstances of his team force him into having to play big minutes.