PDA

View Full Version : Dear 76'ers....

fraga
02-15-2006, 09:59 PM
You should thank the Referees...that is all....

Dre_7
02-15-2006, 10:00 PM
I hate excuses.

2centsworth
02-15-2006, 10:01 PM
that was like winning a championship.

Pistons < Spurs
02-15-2006, 10:01 PM
:rolleyes

FromWayDowntown
02-15-2006, 10:03 PM
Of course, the missed free throws by Ginobili and Finley down the stretch of the 4th had nothing to do with the outcome. Neither did Finley's total failure to box out on Philly's last possession of regulation. Nor did the Spurs offensive ineptitude for the first 3 minutes of OT. None of that made any difference in this game.

HB22inSA
Mike Holmgren posts here???!!!

thispego
it was the motherfucking freethrows down the stretch... LIKE IT ALWAYS IS

Pistons < Spurs
02-15-2006, 10:05 PM
22 Assists............22 Turnovers.

Kori Ellis
02-15-2006, 10:06 PM
Wussy Excuse Thread.

TxJudsonRocketTx
02-15-2006, 10:06 PM
We also shot more from the line tonight than they did.

MrChug
02-15-2006, 10:10 PM
I agree that this game was officiated horribly, yet if we could hit 4 more freethrows the composition of the game changes and we win. Period. 50/50.

danyel
02-15-2006, 10:11 PM
Our execution in the 4th qtr and in OT was terrible...

Man In Black
02-15-2006, 10:42 PM
Tim played the game, he was pissed about the MISSED and 1.

That's the one that irks me, all that other stuff...self-induced pain.

Trifecta
02-15-2006, 10:49 PM
The Officials did not win this game, they may have kept it close, BUT the SPURS failed to close out Philly -- they had their chances!

T Park
02-15-2006, 11:00 PM
This wasn't a Super Bowl like fuck up.

But it was a typical horrible reffed NBA gamed.

Don't know why this suprises anyone.

hussker
02-15-2006, 11:01 PM
Huge Wussy Excuse Thread...no Value

ObiwanGinobili
02-15-2006, 11:21 PM
I lost vBookie.
that is all.

ambchang
02-16-2006, 12:00 AM
ah .. the Spurs won a few close games lately, the law of averages.

ZStomp
02-16-2006, 12:00 AM
Weak ass thread.

leemajors
02-16-2006, 12:28 AM
piss poor d in the 4th and ot will do it every time

hussker
ah .. the Spurs won a few close games lately, the law of averages.

My Wife and her geeky cohort call it "Regression to the Mean". Frigging big brain buckets!!!!!

GoSpurs21
Wussy Excuse Thread.that seems to be the excuse for this forum as well...where the fuck is your back bone???

kick me out for speaking out against the establishment just like the fucking republicans...i would expect it

Chris
02-16-2006, 08:36 AM
that seems to be the excuse for this forum as well...where the fuck is your back bone???

kick me out for speaking out against the establishment just like the fucking republicans...i would expect it

Can't say he didn't ask for it...

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a179/crackalegs/banhim.jpg

SpursWoman
02-16-2006, 08:53 AM
that seems to be the excuse for this forum as well...where the fuck is your back bone???

Huh?

Phenomanul
02-16-2006, 09:04 AM
Can't say it's the refs fault when the Spurs committed so many turnovers and missed several free throws in crunch time....

Nevertheless, I was enfuriated with the ref's mess!!! Where was Timmy's and 1 on his dunk?? Where was Manu's and 1 on his amazing high-archer?? Those two phantom calls on Manu caused Pop to go with funky rotations in the last minutes of the game and during overtime... I believe a ref should be upstairs watching the game with the benefit of TV replays... he would then be able to advise the head referree via an earpiece.

101A
02-16-2006, 09:23 AM

Don't let my wife regress with no cohorts. What the hells wrong with you?

Joepa
02-16-2006, 09:41 AM
The Spurs pretty much lost this game, not the refs. That assist to turnover ratio of 1-1 is real fun for all the ladies.

samikeyp
02-16-2006, 09:43 AM

Yes because the refs make you miss FT's and throw the ball to the other team. :rolleyes

Fuck that. Spurs lost this game plain and simple down the stretch.

fraga
02-16-2006, 10:25 AM
It's funny how everyone chimes in...wussy excuse thread and blah blah blah...it got you people posting didn't it...carry on...

island_dude
02-16-2006, 10:36 AM
It's funny how everyone chimes in...wussy excuse thread and blah blah blah...it got you people posting didn't it...carry on...
It's pretty obvious the majority of people on this board don't make lame excusses for a loss.

Championship caliber teams don't don't make excuses for officiating, and it's obvious most of the Spurs fans here know that.

1Parker1
02-16-2006, 11:04 AM
The only bad calls the refs made where the ones on AI. Seriously, it seemed like if anyone even breathed on the little guy, it was considered a foul.

Nonetheless, it was as someone else mentioned above. No one on the team was able to make good shots in the 4th quarter and OT, missed FT's by our 2 best FT shooters, and poor rebounding at the end did us in.

Sixers are actually a pretty good team if you look at them on paper. And when they decide to actually play some defense, like they did tonight...they aren't that bad.

SequSpur
02-16-2006, 11:07 AM
It is a foul, that is the new rules of the NBA. You touch a player, hand check, whatever, its a fucking foul.

The NBA wants more scoring, wants more offense, offense is exciting.

Pop needs to get with the times.

Also Duncan is not a shooting guard and I'm sick and tired of seeing him playing just inside the 3 point line.

Thats bullshit.

Joepa
02-16-2006, 11:08 AM
Yeah they were playing some real nice D. At one point I actually was impressed with the way they moved to the ball and made some consistent stops.

SAGambler
02-16-2006, 11:31 AM
I hate excuses.

Tell you what.. I hate excuses too.. And I know refs are going to miss calls and make some phantom calls...

But that said.. Last night was ridiculous.. The refs had apparently decided they were going to help keep Philly in the game..

How many times can you slap the ball clean out of another players hands over the course of a game..?

And then if anyone just looked at AI wrong, he was charged with a foul...

And yes, in this particular instance, I think Philly can certainly thank the refs for that game...

That and the inability of the Spurs to make free throws down the stretch when it counted...

island_dude
02-16-2006, 02:20 PM
Tell you what.. I hate excuses too.. And I know refs are going to miss calls and make some phantom calls...

But that said.. Last night was ridiculous.. The refs had apparently decided they were going to help keep Philly in the game..

How many times can you slap the ball clean out of another players hands over the course of a game..?

And then if anyone just looked at AI wrong, he was charged with a foul...

And yes, in this particular instance, I think Philly can certainly thank the refs for that game...

That and the inability of the Spurs to make free throws down the stretch when it counted...
AI always gets those phantom calls, just like Kobe.

I think you should really blame the loss on Mark Cuban. He has those refs acting like "Nervous Nellies" just like Phil JackZen said. Obviously he also has them making bad calls in Spurs games too, just so the Mavs can win the division. Yeah, that has to be it. J/K LMAO!

kskonn
02-16-2006, 02:26 PM
AI always gets those phantom calls, just like Kobe.

I think you should really blame the loss on Mark Cuban. He has those refs acting like "Nervous Nellies" just like Phil JackZen said. Obviously he also has them making bad calls in Spurs games too, just so the Mavs can win the division. Yeah, that has to be it. J/K LMAO!

hahaha was "nervous nellies" intended as a Pun? if it was, nice :smokin

I blame this loss on a number of missed opps by the spurs, Duncan had a turnover, Mohammed had a turnover and a couple of missed layups(down the stretch). Ginobli had some missed FT, and so did Finley.

But Dalembert really brought the D in the end of Reg, I was pretty impressed with him.

island_dude
02-16-2006, 02:33 PM
hahaha was "nervous nellies" intended as a Pun? if it was, nice :smokin

I blame this loss on a number of missed opps by the spurs, Duncan had a turnover, Mohammed had a turnover and a couple of missed layups(down the stretch). Ginobli had some missed FT, and so did Finley.

But Dalembert really brought the D in the end of Reg, I was pretty impressed with him.
6-2 on an 8 game road trip ain't shabby. Hell, Dallas goes on a 12 game win streak and what do they have to show for it? One lousy game up in the standings.

The nervous nellies quote comes from Phil JackZen, talking about how Cuban has the refs running scared.

kskonn
02-16-2006, 02:36 PM
I never heard that quote... my bad. I thought it was referring to old Don..

yea I agree 6-2 still in contention for best Record, better than they usually are this time of year.

ALVAREZ6
02-16-2006, 03:56 PM
Manu was frustrated last night...

the refs did call a lot of bullshit on him

ALVAREZ6
02-16-2006, 03:57 PM
The only bad calls the refs made where the ones on AI. Seriously, it seemed like if anyone even breathed on the little guy, it was considered a foul.

That one lay up that he made where Manu picked up his 5th was complete bullshit. I saw it from pretty close, I also watched the replay and he didn't even touch him.

Complete bullshit.

Mixability
02-16-2006, 04:01 PM
blaming the ref's is a pussy move.

just like 0.4

Phenomanul
02-16-2006, 07:06 PM
blaming the ref's is a pussy move.

just like 0.4

Quit bringing it up.... :pctoss :pctoss

smeagol
02-16-2006, 07:30 PM
To the starter of this thread: Crying about the refs is lame.

Sequ, if you like O so much you are welcome to cheer the Suns or Dallas. The Spurs are about D, which by the way, wins championships (if you hadn't noticed).

You were able to watch a parade three times in the last seven years because of the letter D.

*sigh*

SoCalSpursFan
02-16-2006, 07:32 PM
The Spurs were garbage down the stretch. That's my excuse.

SoCalSpursFan
02-16-2006, 07:33 PM
Sequ, if you like O so much you are welcome to cheer the Suns or Dallas. The Spurs are about D, which by the way, wins championships (if you hadn't noticed).

You were able to watch a parade three times in the last seven years because of the letter D.

*sigh*

:lol

Rummpd
02-16-2006, 07:49 PM
I was at the game and the Spurs simply gave this one away, period end of story.

Sad loss, I never felt the Spurs had control of the game even up 5-7 in 2nd half at times kept doing dumb things.
Without Nazr it would have been worse - he kept Spurs in the lead numerous times.

ALVAREZ6
02-16-2006, 09:22 PM
I know that the refs didn't blow this game for us, I know it's stupid to blame them, but you have to admit that they were BS considering they are supposed to be the best refs in the world in the best league in the world. How much do they get paid per game???

I know the true reason for the loss is the Spurs. Their offense in the 4th quarter was terrible. They couldn't stop AI, Korver hit a 3, Iggy got that put back...a lot of things went wrong at the end of the game, but they didn't play that bad. Things just didn't bounce their way at the end. It happens.

But the thing about the refs that got to me the most was the fact that they give AI so much respect, it was as if he had a little pre-game negotiation with the refs. It wasn't just the play where Manu picked up his 5th on that lay-up that AI made UNTOUCHED, there were a couple of others.

Smeagol and Rummpd, you guys are right, you can't blame the refs, but they sure as hell didn't help.

efrem1
02-16-2006, 10:06 PM
First, I can say that least the SPurs are through with this long road trip being down just a game. However, the way Philly tanked tonight makes me wonder if the team takes these opponents lightly and should be more agressive. Have a happy All-Star break. :)

ALVAREZ6
02-16-2006, 10:08 PM
First, I can say that least the SPurs are through with this long road trip being down just a game. However, the way Philly tanked tonight makes me wonder if the team takes these opponents lightly and should be more agressive. Have a happy All-Star break. :)
I don't think so.

You may disagree with me but I think Philly plays pretty well against the Spurs. They typically do.

Out of the last 3 Sixers-Spurs games here in Philly, I remember that the Sixers have won 2.