PDA

View Full Version : Rodeo Road Trip: Success or Failure?

Leetonidas
02-15-2006, 10:00 PM
I go with failure.

The Spurs played a bunch of inferior teams and squeaked by most of them. No crushing defeats. Spurs gain ground on the Pistons and Mavs and then lose two in a row.

This is the time for the Spurs to come together, and we haven't.

What's wrong with this team?

I believe in you, SPAM.

Brutalis
02-15-2006, 10:01 PM
big time failure. im starting to feel like we just arent gunna repeat if this keeps up.

Dre_7
02-15-2006, 10:04 PM
big time failure. im starting to feel like we just arent gunna repeat if this keeps up.

Success.

Wont repeat of what keeps up? Winning 12 of the last 15? Ill take that pace all year.

HB22inSA
02-15-2006, 10:04 PM
Failure.

But then again, I'm pessimistic.

E20
02-15-2006, 10:05 PM
The Spurs season is still on the TBD level.

T Park
02-15-2006, 10:05 PM
6-2 is failure??

ONe word for you fuckfaces.

Spoiled.

A 6-2 roadtrip is a freakin huge success.

Good god.

Budkin
02-15-2006, 10:06 PM
Failure because of how it ended... the Cleveland game I will give them but this one was just pathetic.

Dre_7
6-2 on an 8 game road trip in which Duncan had the flu for most of it, and its a failure??

Manu20
6-2 = Success.

Tek_XX
For most teams it's a good trip but for the Spurs it's a failure mostly for the ending.

exstatic
Spurs usually drop either one or two games on the RRT. Par for the course.

MannyIsGod
02-15-2006, 10:07 PM
2 games ago it was a success. But the way they finished the trip was very subpar.

The overall record of the roadtrip was a success, but the last 3 games after the break in the middle were really poorly played. The one win they did get wasn't great. Last week I thought they were getting it into the right gear, but they took a few steps back this week. Hopefully they can get their shit back together.

Its a long season and teams go through ups and downs.

The trip was a success, just not as big a success at it could/should have been.

Cant_Be_Faded
SUCCESS

we never win @ philadelphia so each of you should have counted that as an automatic loss

plus lebron james faced us on a tail end of a back to back

complete success

The team still seems to be playing alot better (based on the few i've seen) compared to previous to the trip, and improvement is a blessing, however small an improvement it may be.

BTW flash back to 2003 when we struggled to beat the scrub teams...its the W's that count people..

MrChug
6-2 is failure??

Spoiled.

Good god.

Word. This coming from probable failures in life whom all live vicariously thru the Spurs to compensate for their lives failures :lmao . "HUGE SUCCESS". Get over it.

TxJudsonRocketTx
Not the way you want to head into the break.

timvp
02-15-2006, 10:09 PM
Good trip. They stole one in Indiana and lost one today they should have won. They looked tired these last two games so it's good that the All-Star break is upon us.

leemajors
02-15-2006, 10:09 PM
the only failure is the 2 pg lineup - it's instant offense for the other team.

koopa
02-15-2006, 10:10 PM
ya'll ppl are funny here, ya'll act like it's the end of the world if we lose one game, so what if we don't dominate in freakin february???????

i think it was a success, we came out of it 6 and 2, and it not like we'll be seeing the teams in the finals that we lost to these last two games

T Park
02-15-2006, 10:10 PM
They looked tired

No question.

Ginobili in particular.

Guy looked gassed ALL NIGHT.

the 5 days off will do wonder.

Tek_XX
02-15-2006, 10:12 PM
6-2 is failure??

Spoiled.

Good god.

Huge success my arse, look at the teams we played. Detroit would have been 8-0

Spurminator
Neither success nor failure accurately describes the trip. Both terms are too extreme.

They didn't really exceed or fall short of most realistic expectations... Maybe the losses will fester over the break and they will come out with some additional hunger. Perhaps we'll be able to better judge the trip a month from now based on how they respond.

Kori Ellis
6-2 = Success.

Now get ready for SPAM.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-15-2006, 10:13 PM
Detroit would have been 8-0

Probably, but even so. We're not detroit, and we did better than any other team in the league except detroit woulda done.

Tek_XX
02-15-2006, 10:13 PM
They already had a 5 day rest and he was still tired.

koopa
02-15-2006, 10:14 PM

and the bobcats would've gone 0-8, who cares we still came out of it with a winning record, and now with the long break they can get shit together and prepare for the real half of the season that actually matters

T Park
02-15-2006, 10:14 PM
look at the teams we played

So not winning every game by 20 makes this a failure?

Great logic.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-15-2006, 10:17 PM
I agree with TPark on this one. I realize now, why he was on roundtable :lol

hussker
02-15-2006, 10:19 PM
Coulda been better...

Tek_XX
02-15-2006, 10:19 PM
So not winning every game by 20 makes this a failure?

Great logic.

Did i say we had to win every game by 20? I'll settle for winning them all but we didn't do that.

So what's your logic for a "Huge Success". Huge Success......really?

Kori Ellis
02-15-2006, 10:22 PM
"Huge Success" would have been some step on their throat big victories and 8-0. But 6-2 with Duncan sick for 3 of those games (missing one) and some gutty wins isn't bad. If these two losses were in the middle of the trip and then they won the last two, people would see it as a bigger success.

But bottomline is that scoreboard is all that matters and 6-2 is a successful trip.

Do they need to improve? Of course.

It's obvious that Tim is still hurting. And Ginobili really isn't all the way back from his injuries either.

If it's March and they are struggling through wins and losses, then I'd worry. But there's still a lot of basketball to be played.

Get well boys.

T Park
02-15-2006, 10:22 PM
winning 6 out of 8 games on the road.

Last I checked, that was a GOOD thing.

But pardon me for nothing being a pessimistic jerk like you.

Team looks tired, and the 5 days off come at a great time.

4 games in 6 days against tough defensive teams.

THats what makes it a success.

GS a team on the rise and a tough home team. Portland has been winning and more competitive as of late.

Toronto, you have no Duncan, and pretty much no Robert Horry, another gutted out win.

But whatever.

Guess it was a total failure.

Lead the way to the hangin post.

myhc
02-15-2006, 10:25 PM
6-2=success. sure the end was a little disappointing but totally understandble as well. the guys were tired and it showed. they could've won each game by a point, a win is a win is a win.

HB22inSA
02-15-2006, 10:27 PM
winning 6 out of 8 games on the road.

Last I checked, that was a GOOD thing.

But pardon me for nothing being a pessimistic jerk like you.

Team looks tired, and the 5 days off come at a great time.

4 games in 6 days against tough defensive teams.

THats what makes it a success.

GS a team on the rise and a tough home team. Portland has been winning and more competitive as of late.

Toronto, you have no Duncan, and pretty much no Robert Horry, another gutted out win.

But whatever.

Guess it was a total failure.

Lead the way to the hangin post.

Sorry TPark, but I don't buy it.

Yes, they had 4 games in 6 nights...AFTER 5 DAYS OFF (of which Pop gave them an entire weekend off with no practice).

The reason why they look tired?

Because instead of beating bad teams (7 of the 8 on the rodeo trip) by double digits, they had to fight in each game.

You're right, 6-2 is a great road record, but it wasn't a true 8-game road trip, and they have lost their defensive edge in the past 2 games.

hussker
02-15-2006, 10:28 PM
Of course 6-2 is a success. It is just disappointing that it could have been better. The only real SIGNATURE we can throw down is the Indiana game. Likely took everything out of us for the last two. Let's face it, even though we were on the road for 8 straight, the competition wasn't THAT stellar.

Tek_XX
02-15-2006, 10:28 PM
Kori i agree, "Huge Success" is definitly not the way to describe this road trip. But hopefully they can get better.

myhc
02-15-2006, 10:29 PM
If these two losses were in the middle of the trip and then they won the last two, people would see it as a bigger success.

thank you.

T Park
02-15-2006, 10:30 PM
The reason why they look tired?

cause, uh, its 5 games in 6 nights.

Not alot of recovery in between.

You can give a team a week off, 4 games in 6 nights, with all the main components playing 20 or more minutes, is gonna make em tired.

Sorry that you don't understand they are also human.

and they have lost their defensive edge in the past 2 games.

f a t i g u e

start to lose your legs, concentration gets worse.

Like the beginning of the OT you could tell they were all shot.

Especially, Duncan Ginobili Parker and Mohammed.

They had nothing left.

Oh yeah, they had 3 days off, they should've been bouncing around all over the place.

Tek_XX
02-15-2006, 10:32 PM
It's all good becuase it's a "Huge Success"

T Park
02-15-2006, 10:33 PM
Nope.

Failure.

Your right.

Give up the season now....

HB22inSA
02-15-2006, 10:34 PM
a t i g u e

You da bawss, T, you da bawss.

Oh, yeah, I forgot, Manu was already at the beach.

:lmao

HB22inSA
02-15-2006, 10:37 PM
I think it's time for the Pat Riley conditioning program.

Let's get all these "old" 25 and 27 year-olds in shape so they can play more than 33 minutes per game and not feel totally exhausted that they lose focus.

You see, T Park, excuses are like...

SouthernFried
02-15-2006, 10:38 PM
Oh, the road trip was a success. But this Philadelphia game sorta sucked. This one hurt worse than the last loss for some reason.

And ya, I know Nazr did freakin' great tonite....but, if he coulda just kept his hands on the ball, quite getting his shit blocked, and stop up-faking...the guy coulda went for 35 tonite. He had so many MORE opportunities that he fumbled away...I swear, he coulda scored double what he did. Not ragging on his great game...but it coulda been so much more.

Of course...the same could be said for Timmy.

Good road trip...they looked seriously tired at the end of it tho.

hussker
02-15-2006, 10:38 PM
cause, uh, its 5 games in 6 nights.

Not alot of recovery in between.

You can give a team a week off, 4 games in 6 nights, with all the main components playing 20 or more minutes, is gonna make em tired.

Sorry that you don't understand they are also human.

f a t i g u e

Like the beginning of the OT you could tell they were all shot.

Especially, Duncan Ginobili Parker and Mohammed.

They had nothing left.

Oh yeah, they had 3 days off, they should've been bouncing around all over the place.

Should have never GOTTEN to OT. It did and that is the way the ball bounces, but it should have never reached that point

Moreover, they should have won the game. God love 'em, cause I sure do, but this one slipped away. Hopefully not a portent of things to come. The All-Star break should be nice for us this year.

GO SPURS GO!!!

Dre_7
02-15-2006, 10:39 PM
Success, not HUGE, but a success none the less.

Tek_XX
02-15-2006, 10:40 PM
I think it's time for the Pat Riley conditioning program.

Let's get all these "old" 25 and 27 year-olds in shape so they can play more than 33 minutes per game and not feel totally exhausted that they lose focus.

When did our team become so old? One day off between games isn't enough anymore? And it's all a "Huge Success"? wha.......?

FromWayDowntown
02-15-2006, 10:43 PM
I'd say it was a qualified success. 6 of 8 is a nice run and it's probably a good thing that this brings us to the All-Star Break.

I thought there were lots of mistakes in the last two games, but most could be attributed to fatigue, both physical and mental. Ultimately, though, in all of the mistakes and poor play, I saw very little that isn't correctable. If the Spurs were losing games because other teams were physically better, that would be one thing; but I didn't see anything that suggested that.

I think it's good for the Spurs to have to face those demons now and to spend the time to find ways to correct them as March is around the corner.

SouthernFried
02-15-2006, 10:45 PM
Aren't the Spurs one of the Oldest teams in the league?

They look tired a lot of the time these days...not just these last games of the road trip. I think Pop had it right when he said..."it's all about our energy." When it's there, we'll beat anyone. When its not...

angel_luv
02-15-2006, 10:46 PM
Success. I am very proud of the boys and so excited they are coming home.

hussker
02-15-2006, 10:48 PM
Success. I am very proud of the boys and so excited they are coming home.

The ANGEL has spoken...end of discussion (no...seriously...I am not being a Smart Ass here, My daughter said so.)!

T Park
02-15-2006, 10:49 PM
Should have never GOTTEN to OT

Very true.

Ginobili and FInley's misses were tough. But thats how it goes.

Let's get all these "old" 25 and 27 year-olds in shape

You do realize that guys like Finley are 33 and arent young after playing 40 mins a night for 6 straight years.

Ginobili may be 27 or 28, but he has to be treated as an older player, you may have missed that LAST YEAR, and during this year.

Duncan's foot makes it tougher on him on quick turnarounds with 4-6.

Sorry, but team is tired. Guys like Duncan and GInobili with their foot and ankle problems, need more time off than normal this time of year.

The 5 days off will do great.

Sorry that you find being tired "an excuse"

quite getting his shit blocked, and stop up-faking..

The times he upfaked he didn't get his shot blocked.

The times he didn't he was.

WIth the way the NBA is, and I said this last year when you assclowns ripped him for upfaking.

Everyone in the league thinks they are a shot blocker.

Guys like Webber and Dalembert are gonna be upfaked and gotten in the air quite easily.

Watch the tape again, Dalembert is constantly going for blocks, and if you up fake him, you get right around him.

Like Nazr did a couple times.

When did our team become so old?

Barry 34
Finley33
Van Ex 30 somethin
Horry 34

Its an older team.

Don't know why everyone thinks this team age wise is like the Golden State Warriors.

T Park
02-15-2006, 10:50 PM
I'd say it was a qualified success. 6 of 8 is a nice run and it's probably a good thing that this brings us to the All-Star Break.

I thought there were lots of mistakes in the last two games, but most could be attributed to fatigue, both physical and mental. Ultimately, though, in all of the mistakes and poor play, I saw very little that isn't correctable. If the Spurs were losing games because other teams were physically better, that would be one thing; but I didn't see anything that suggested that.

I think it's good for the Spurs to have to face those demons now and to spend the time to find ways to correct them as March is around the corner

Qualified Suceess, I take back HUGE, cause HUGE prob would've been 8-0 wich was asking too much of these guys.

Great post FWD, as usual.

DieMrBond
02-15-2006, 10:51 PM
Marginal success, I would say.

It would of been nice to see everyone clicking together, but at least we know we can win 75% of our games, even with Tim sick and hurting, Manu still hurting, and Michael + Brent mostly MIA, Nazr / Rasho being on and off and TP playing (mostly) like an all-star. Thats not too bad - and something that can be fixed.

SequSpur
02-15-2006, 10:51 PM
All I know is Tim Duncan is getting his ass raped time and time again.

He had a one on one today right under the basket and Dalembert fed it to him for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.

Tim Duncan sucks.

CharlieMac
02-15-2006, 10:52 PM
I wouldn't say failure. But I also wouldn't say that it was as successful as past rodeo trips.

T Park
02-15-2006, 10:58 PM
But I also wouldn't say that it was as successful as past rodeo trips

They average 1 to 2 losses the last 3 years on the trips.

Run that one by us again how its not been as good??!?!

Tim Duncan sucks.

Yeah, if he only was as big a stud as Vince Carter and could get his shot blocked by Rasho right!??!

SouthernFried
02-15-2006, 11:01 PM
Nazr doesn't get his shit blocked too much when he up-fakes...he usually gets it stolen by some 4' guard, if he doesn't just lose the handle altogether.

Still, Nazr has had a great stretch, "offensively," these last few games...and even his defense looked better tonite.

SequSpur
02-15-2006, 11:02 PM
Its not good because they are losing fucking ground and home court advantage.....

The Spurs aren't going to win in Dallas or Detroit.

Supergirl
02-15-2006, 11:16 PM
It seems like, from what I read about the game, that tonight's loss to Philly could have gone either way - didn't I read that Parker had a layup that would have won it that came just after the buzzer, and the Spurs missed a couple key FTs in OT?

So, Philly was just one of those losses. Cleveland was a back to back. We still come out with a 6-2 record and we're one of the top 3 teams in the league while still not playing our best ball. Detroit and Dallas are playing their BEST ball and they're only 1-2 games ahead of us.

Plus, any game where Nazr pulls down 20 rebounds and Duncan pulls down another 15 cannot be considered a "loss" even if we lost. Spurs need to rebound (or close to it) like that EVERY night now.

SequSpur
02-15-2006, 11:18 PM
It seems like, from what I read about the game, that tonight's loss to Philly could have gone either way - didn't I read that Parker had a layup that would have won it that came just after the buzzer, and the Spurs missed a couple key FTs in OT?

So, Philly was just one of those losses. Cleveland was a back to back. We still come out with a 6-2 record and we're one of the top 3 teams in the league while still not playing our best ball. Detroit and Dallas are playing their BEST ball and they're only 1-2 games ahead of us.

Plus, any game where Nazr pulls down 20 rebounds and Duncan pulls down another 15 cannot be considered a "loss" even if we lost. Spurs need to rebound (or close to it) like that EVERY night now.

Moral victories are for teams like the Charlotte Bobcats.

The Spurs need to quit learning a box and one and learn how to shoot a fuckin free throw.

HB22inSA
02-15-2006, 11:18 PM
Ginobili may be 27 or 28, but he has to be treated as an older player, you may have missed that LAST YEAR, and during this year.

Duncan's foot makes it tougher on him on quick turnarounds with 4-6.

Quote:

Sorry, but team is tired. Guys like Duncan and GInobili with their foot and ankle problems, need more time off than normal this time of year.

The 5 days off will do great.

Sorry that you find being tired "an excuse"

Okay, T Park, before I go on, I'm not trying to "fight" you, and I know you will end up calling me stupid, and I'm an idiot, and all that.

But the 5 days off will help how? Until the next 3 games in 4 night stretch?
When Parker and Duncan suck after the All-Star Break, will you use the "Oh, well they had to travel all the way to Houston and participate in the All-Star activities and they're still tired excuse?

And don't get me started on Ginobili. How many games has he played? 10, 11? He's always injured, so the rest of his body should be well rested. He shouldn't be tired. Maybe what's getting him tired is raising his arms after every foul call against him and fake flopping all over the place.

It's amazing that Bowen, the eldest of Parker, Ginobili, and Duncan has so much energy.

I think the Spurs will be fine, but the "excuses" about being tired are cop-outs.

SequSpur
02-15-2006, 11:21 PM
Ginobili is a waste of an NBA minute.

T Park
02-15-2006, 11:22 PM
I think the Spurs will be fine, but the "excuses" about being tired are cop-outs.

Im not gonna call you anything.

Would never if you don't call me anything first.

But thinking that being tired is a cop out, or an excuse, well I dont know what to tell you, but your wrong.

Being tired is a fact.

And if its not? How come so many posters like TIMVP, FWD, SHOOGAR, and others noted this, and said this??!?

SOrry if them getting tired easily is a problem for you, but they were all like this last year.

angel_luv
02-15-2006, 11:24 PM
The ANGEL has spoken...end of discussion (no...seriously...I am not being a Smart Ass here, My daughter said so.)!

Your daughter is awesome. :angel

( For her) High five, girlie! :elephant

CharlieMac
02-15-2006, 11:25 PM
They average 1 to 2 losses the last 3 years on the trips.

Run that one by us again how its not been as good??!?!

Did I say it wasn't good at all? I'll give them credit. They won 8 of 9 two years ago, and won 6 of 8 this year. We're talking elementary math here that even this english nerd gets. I'm a good Spurs fan, not a blind one.

SequSpur
02-15-2006, 11:26 PM
Im not gonna call you anything.

Would never if you don't call me anything first.

But thinking that being tired is a cop out, or an excuse, well I dont know what to tell you, but your wrong.

Being tired is a fact.

And if its not? How come so many posters like TIMVP, FWD, SHOOGAR, and others noted this, and said this??!?

SOrry if them getting tired easily is a problem for you, but they were all like this last year.

tired of what?

they just had fucking 5 days off, they had yesterday off, they barely do shoot arounds because Manu and Duncan are sore all the fucking time...

thats a lame ass excuse.......

6-7 time outs, commercial timeouts, 5 minutes between quarters, 20 minute half..........

what the fuck?

HB22inSA
02-15-2006, 11:26 PM
Who died and made them Bill Walton??

And one of the afore mentioned posters said that Ginobili would rather think about being on the beach than helping his team win (I love twisting people's words!!).

Anyway, this time last year, the Spurs were, guess what, 40-12.

But you have to agree that the Spurs have a longer way to go this year and didn't quite gel as much on this rodeo trip than others.

HB22inSA
02-15-2006, 11:28 PM
tired of what?

they just had fucking 5 days off, they had yesterday off, they barely do shoot arounds because Manu and Duncan are sore all the fucking time...

thats a lame ass excuse.......

6-7 time outs, commercial timeouts, 5 minutes between quarters, 20 minute half..........

what the fuck?
Ahh, perspective is the mother of truth.

I'd love to take a ride to work with Sequ, I bet he has some awesome road rage about him!!!

:lol

T Park
02-15-2006, 11:46 PM
But you have to agree that the Spurs have a longer way to go this year and didn't quite gel as much on this rodeo trip than others

Well, I might have.

But that Duncan guy got hurt a couple weeks later.

So the point is moot.

Who died and made them Bill Walton??

Shit.

Those three posters have more basketball smarts, than Bill Walton has in his goddamn horse teeth.

Stephen A Smith
02-15-2006, 11:48 PM
Quite frankly, you did well until you met the beasts of the East! We will own your ass if you get to the Finals...HOWEVA...You have a pretty good team

Amuseddaysleeper
02-15-2006, 11:49 PM
at the end of the fucking day we walked away from this road trip with even LESS momentum than when we began it. this team isnt winning jack shit this year. the cleveland game we had an excuse of it bein a b2b. but at this rate we may not even win our own fucking division let alone the conference and dont even start crackin jokes about us having a shot at the championship. PATHETIC! absolutely one joke of a team. one of the softest teams mentally in the league. and to think that people were predicting a 70 win season at the start of the season. i'll honestly be AMAZED if we hit 62 wins. oh well

there's always next year

i'm appalled

T Park
02-15-2006, 11:51 PM
lmfao

This guy passes me easily for dumbest poster on the board.

Hes GOTTA tie with GIG.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-15-2006, 11:52 PM
lmfao

Hes GOTTA tie with GIG.

:rolleyes

Amuseddaysleeper
02-15-2006, 11:53 PM
T Park just b/c you fucked up last year in the finals and made that idiotic comment that people havent forgiven you for doesn't mean you have to suck the team's dick at every oppurtunity. its OK to criticize the team when they play like shit and lack any heart

T Park
02-15-2006, 11:53 PM
Well, post a coherent thought once in a while Spanky, and you wouldn't get that.

You are by far, the dumbest poster on the Spurs side.

Bar fucking none.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-15-2006, 11:54 PM
well i still think you're an alright guy

but im just pissed

T Park
02-15-2006, 11:55 PM
T Park just b/c you fucked up last year in the finals and made that idiotic comment that people havent forgiven you for doesn't mean you have to suck the team's dick at every oppurtunity. its OK to criticize the team when they play like shit and lack any heart

And if you took me seriously for that, your even dumber than I thought.

People who KNOW ME, didn't take me seriously.

Hell, even Manny didn't.

its OK to criticize the team when they play like shit and lack any heart

Yeah I know.

But whats the point.

they have the same record this year, as last year.

I mean, and extolling all that energy, before March!?!?

I mean, its just, just, pointless.

Seriously.

Learn to live with the ups and downs.

It makes for an easier season.

Kori and LJ taught me that.

T Park
02-15-2006, 11:57 PM
well i still think you're an alright guy

Well.

Thanks.

Good to know.

You are too. You just need to take a breath bro.

Been there, done that.

I learned after the Finals last year, I damn near had a stroke worry about the losses, I swear, I lived and died wayyy too hard with the team.

I learned, its a game.

Entertainment.

Were takin it too hard, and just, if they lose? they lose.

WTF, theres a game tuesday.

Theres more games coming up.

Hell, enjoy the games.

August sucks.

hot, no basketball, baseball goes through the motions. Football training camp.......

Budkin
02-15-2006, 11:57 PM
Ok after some rational thinking I take back what I said about the road trip being a failure. I'm just really disappointed that we choked away a win against a bad team, those are the worst kind of losses. And now I have to think about this loss all the way through the all-star break. And Dallas just won. Aghhh. :depressed

March will be a fresh start. :spin

Amuseddaysleeper
02-16-2006, 12:00 AM
fair enough i shouldnt have taken your post as seriously, my bad

and i def. doubted my spurs in the finals as well and im sure you said what you said during the finals mor eout of anger/frustration

but its just that people on these boards always say

"dont worry, this team doesn't start clicking till january"

january rolls by and the team still has yet to click properly

"dont worry, wait till the RODEO TRIP!"

well we started off winning 6 straight (tho i still had my doubts as the 6 wins were more liek "barely wins" as oppose to convincing wins" and then we choke the last 2 giving us what is arguably our season low for the 2005-2006 year

"wait till april! you know, when the team hits a second gear"

oh april? oh ok, when we waste all our energy against phoenix in rd 1 as a 4th seed while losing to dallas in 6 in rd 2

:pctoss

this whole season i've just been waiting and waiting for that silver lining

it was amazing to see detroit slip a bit but instead of taking advantage of the situation we lose 2 in a row ourselves! :pctoss

(sigh)

T Park
02-16-2006, 12:00 AM
Dallas has a tougher schedual.

Spurs play at home more.

Hell Budkin, February aint done yet.

leemajors
02-16-2006, 12:01 AM
Well, post a coherent thought once in a while Spanky, and you wouldn't get that.

You are by far, the dumbest poster on the Spurs side.

Bar fucking none.

two words

shawn

michaels

Leetonidas
02-16-2006, 12:01 AM
I agree that it's a success based of wins, but this team has not come together like it has in past seasons, and that's what I'm talking about.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-16-2006, 12:02 AM
haha your right

but if the spurs lose to seattle on the 21st!!!!

I'm going back to RAGE MODE!!

:king :spin :lol

T Park
what you said during the finals mor eout of anger/frustration

fuck the Finals.

I was pissed against Seattle.

this whole season i've just been waiting and waiting for that silver lining

it was amazing to see detroit slip a bit but instead of taking advantage of the situation we lose 2 in a row ourselves

The Silver lining my friend, aint till the seas is over.

You can't judge a season in February.

I think this season has been a season of missed oppurtunities.

If Ginobili couldve stayed healthy.

Wed have a MORE than realistic shot at 70 wins.

Injuries have been our biggest problem.

Budkin
I damn near had a stroke worry about the losses, I swear, I lived and died wayyy too hard with the team.

Man I know how that is, I take losses way too hard too. And I have really bad anxiety during games so the Finals last year were really really hard. Winning Game 7 felt like a 50 ton weight was lifted off me.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-16-2006, 12:03 AM
I agree that it's a success based of wins, but this team has not come together like it has in past seasons, and that's what I'm talking about.

EXACTLY. this is more than just "even the good teams lose now and again" we have yet to show ANY signs of true consistency. like of spurs past. and everytime we get a momentum win (miami, indiana) we screw it up in the following game it seems. yes its just a game, its entertainment, but i'd LOVE for us to repeat for the 1st time and this team is full of WAY too much talent to throw it away like this

Leetonidas
02-16-2006, 12:04 AM
Seriously. Our Spurs are an amazing team but they just aren't applying themselves the way they usually do this time of year. I expect us to come out for blood after the ASG though.

leemajors
02-16-2006, 12:04 AM
40-12 record sorta implies winning consistently.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-16-2006, 12:05 AM
Man I know how that is, I take losses way too hard too. And I have really bad anxiety during games so the Finals last year were really really hard. Winning Game 7 felt like a 50 ton weight was lifted off me.

oh i know! i dont EVER wanna go through that again. after game 6 i thought we were fucked cuz of our team's "confidence" into game 7. detroit was doin the talkin about how they're ready for it while duncan confessed to getting "butterflies" but thank god he and the rest of the team showed up in the 4th quarter!

leemajors
and this is the first time we have lost 2 in a row all season, it was bound to happen at some point. i think the sun is still going to rise in the east tomorrow.

Budkin
Hell Budkin, February aint done yet.

Oops you're right... for some reason I'm thinking it's the end of Feb. Next week will be a fresh start!!!

T Park
02-16-2006, 12:06 AM
two words

shawn

michaels

Damn, I tried to, thought I did, but I couldn't forget him.

Thanks....

And I have really bad anxiety during games so the Finals last year were really really hard. Winning Game 7 felt like a 50 ton weight was lifted off me.

Thats the way I was.

I freakin starting crying after game 7, because i was so goddamn relieved!! NOT HAPPINESS!!!

Thats why, I think, this past championship, felt different.

No question.

but this team has not come together like it has in past seasons,

Horry didn't play tonight.

Figure that in too.

i n j u r i e s

every team has em, but the Spurs have been hit pretty good.

T Park
02-16-2006, 12:07 AM
Next week will be a fresh start!!!

I always think the next game is a fresh start.

Thats why this season really hasn't bothered me.

They remind me of the team last year so much its uncanny.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-16-2006, 12:07 AM
and this is the first time we have lost 2 in a row all season, it was bound to happen at some point. i think the sun is still going to rise in the east tomorrow.

as long as it isn't the suns from phoenix i'm happy. i'm already worried enough about dallas/detroit as it is :drunk

T Park
02-16-2006, 12:08 AM
they just aren't applying themselves the way they usually do this time of year

Apathy happens with teams that want the playoffs to start already.

I really honestly believe, this team is just killing time till the playoffs.

Let that sink in.

Horry For 3!
02-16-2006, 12:09 AM
The beginning was looking bright but then the last 2 games, not so good. Hopefully Spurs will get back on track after all-star break though.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-16-2006, 12:10 AM
as great as it is for TD to be an all star, does anybody else wish he could just not make it for 1 season so he can just rest his foot

Leetonidas
02-16-2006, 12:10 AM
Do you really think Horry would save us tonight?

22 fucking turnovers.

TWENTY TWO.

That is an insane number to give up to any team. The Spurs have a great record, but it could easily be 47-5. The lack of urgency and the nonchalant attitude of our team is scary. They aren't kicking teams' asses the way they did last year, they're barely squeaking by some scrub teams, or they get a big lead and lose it. Happens a lot to our Spurs.

They are capable of great things if they can just play as a team. Michael Finley also needs to start hitting his shots early instead of going 0-5 before doing anything.

I know Timmy is injured, but with the emergence of Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili, this team should be playing a lot better than they have.

hussker
02-16-2006, 12:11 AM
HELLO POT....

lmfao

Hes GOTTA tie with GIG.

MEET KETTLE...

at the end of the fucking day we walked away from this road trip with even LESS momentum than when we began it. this team isnt winning jack shit this year. the cleveland game we had an excuse of it bein a b2b. but at this rate we may not even win our own fucking division let alone the conference and dont even start crackin jokes about us having a shot at the championship. PATHETIC! absolutely one joke of a team. one of the softest teams mentally in the league. and to think that people were predicting a 70 win season at the start of the season. i'll honestly be AMAZED if we hit 62 wins. oh well

there's always next year

i'm appalled

YOU DUMBFUCKS!!!

hussker
02-16-2006, 12:13 AM
Your daughter is awesome. :angel

( For her) High five, girlie! :elephant

IF ONLY THE BONEHEADS WOULD STIFLE IT!!!

Amuseddaysleeper
Do you really think Horry would save us tonight?

22 fucking turnovers.

TWENTY TWO.

That is an insane number to give up to any team. The Spurs have a great record, but it could easily be 47-5. The lack of urgency and the nonchalant attitude of our team is scary. They aren't kicking teams' asses the way they did last year, they're barely squeaking by some scrub teams, or they get a big lead and lose it. Happens a lot to our Spurs.

They are capable of great things if they can just play as a team. Michael Finley also needs to start hitting his shots early instead of going 0-5 before doing anything.

I know Timmy is injured, but with the emergence of Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili, this team should be playing a lot better than they have.

excellent post

even with phoenix doing as well as they did last year, the best they could beat us was with manu and timmy out so i felt confident against them despite their solid seasonal record. but when a team like detroit goes on a tear, and the way they almost beat us themselves last year in the finals, i have to admit detroit ain't no phoenix! :oops

spurs=bling
Seriously. Our Spurs are an amazing team but they just aren't applying themselves the way they usually do this time of year. I expect us to come out for blood after the ASG though.

Exactly

Budkin
Yeah what is it with us and turnovers... it seems like a consistent problem for us win or lose.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-16-2006, 12:14 AM
HELLO POT....

MEET KETTLE...

YOU DUMBFUCKS!!!

go stick to college football

nkdlunch
02-16-2006, 12:15 AM
"If we lose w/Philly this will be an average road trip, but not a negative one." -Manu

loveforthegame
02-16-2006, 12:45 AM
6-2 is pretty good. I think it has to be a success even though it ended with the two losses. Only thing that hurts is that the Mavs have now taken a 1 game lead. Nothing to jump off a bridge about but they look solid compared to the Spurs right now.

spurs=bling
02-16-2006, 12:48 AM
6-2 is pretty good. I think it has to be a success even though it ended with the two losses. Only thing that hurts is that the Mavs have now taken a 1 game lead. Nothing to jump off a bridge about but they look solid compared to the Spurs right now.

only time will tell for how long.........................

polandprzem
02-16-2006, 02:29 AM
Well I'm stil happy that they advanced to the regular season.

---Seriously it is a failure cause I bet on a 7-1 Rodeo Trip. :pctoss And they've lost to Phily? Man. I can't get all of those "tired" excuses. The spurs was tend to be a deep team. Man LeBron is not looking tired - amazing TD against Boston. He is the MVP.
But the 6-2 is not that bad afterall. I'll take everyday seeing the ending of a season. Last season they were better in that point of a year.

hehe Tpark saying it's only a game but when the loss oiccurs and sombody will dare to say a bad thing on the spurs he will jump on him saing fuck you or blow me.
Whateva man.

WalterBenitez
02-16-2006, 07:16 AM
"If we lose w/Philly this will be an average road trip, but not a negative one." -Manu

That quote sounds like Manu were a politician :rolleyes

If we consider the proportion 6 of 8, we could finish with 60 w 22 l as a record, is that bad??

jochhejaam
02-16-2006, 07:45 AM
That quote sounds like Manu were a politician :rolleyes

If we consider the proportion 6 of 8, we could finish with 60 w 22 l as a record, is that bad??
I didn't read the entire thread and someone may have already mentioned this but you were the same 40 - 12 after 52 games in last years championship season. It's probably the worst case senario for fans losing the last two but still a good overall record from a grueling road trip.

A couple of lines from Rudyard Kiplings poem "If", some words and thoughts that have become second nature with your players. You have a lot of seasoned veterans and they're confident in their ability to win the big series, the ones that matter most.

If

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,

http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/kipling-if.html

Cant_Be_Faded
02-16-2006, 01:42 PM
and with the appearance of jochchejhahahaam this thread has officially reached lockworthiness.

Ballcox
02-16-2006, 02:09 PM
I think the road trip was a marginal success this year, losing the last game of the trip really takes away some of the momentum we had built up. BUT, I also agree with some of the previous posters about the Philly game-22 to's is way too many against a middle of the road team like Philly. Now, can you attribute those to's to fatigue-maybe more mental than physical? Or is it a combination of both? Hard to say. What I would like to see after the all-star break is for our team to play with a higher level of intensity and mental focus, at the same time hopefully staying healthy so guys can gel even more. We're right in the thick of this thing guys, the stretch run to the playoffs is coming up.

SAGambler
02-16-2006, 02:10 PM
I'm guessing every team in the league would be thrilled to win 6 out of every 8 on the road...

Sure, the Spurs still don't look llike the Spurs of last year...

But I'm not giving the trophy up until someone actually comes and takes it...

SAGambler
02-16-2006, 02:13 PM

So explain Detroits loss to Atlanta and dropping two to the Jazz...

Pistons aren't invincible either...

tlongII
02-16-2006, 02:16 PM
Ask Cosmic Cowboy.

caŽlo
02-16-2006, 02:22 PM
6-2 is failure??

Spoiled.

Good god.

hit it right on the nail.

spoiled.

the road trip was a success.

WalterBenitez
02-16-2006, 02:37 PM
40-12 record sorta implies winning consistently.

It's not about W/L it's about how this team lose some games that aparently they have almost done :angel

island_dude
02-16-2006, 02:37 PM
You have call the road trip a success. Dallas goes on a 12 game win streak, and what do they have to show for it? One lousy game up in the standings. Not like you guys lost much ground at all.

nkdlunch
02-16-2006, 02:44 PM
^ exactly

It's not about W/L it's about how this team lose some games that aparently they have almost done :angel

that was 1 out of 8 games.

bdubya
02-16-2006, 03:11 PM
A 6-2 road trip sure sounds like a success, but...

75% is a little off the pace you guys were on, plus you missed a chance to close in on the Pistons, and lost a little ground to the Mavs.

Qualified success, IMO.

Joepa
02-16-2006, 03:40 PM
Still a long season though. I love this time of year because it really starts to get fun after the all-star break.